Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #276
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: My Team is Better Than Your Team! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomed_hero View Post
love Kobe. Micheal comes out and says something about him and lebron, everyone is talking about Lebron being the next Jordan. Lebron answers to the media, Kobe gives his on the court.
What does that even mean?

Please don't tell me you actually take the All-Star game seriously.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 02-17-2013, 10:55 PM   #277
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Kobe blocked Lebron's shot because Lebron doesn't care about winning championships.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-17-2013, 10:57 PM   #278
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomed_hero View Post
love Kobe. Micheal comes out and says something about him and lebron, everyone is talking about Lebron being the next Jordan. Lebron answers to the media, Kobe gives his on the court.
I don't see how LeBron can avoid it, he wants to stop the talk but it's just gonna keep coming his way. I love his quote he said regarding the MJ talk, "There will never be another Jordan. I'm just trying to make my mark where there will never be another me." That's confidence in maximizing his potential with respecting the history of the game. I can dig it.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Old 02-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #279
Doomed_hero
Side-Kick

i relize it is a all star game and in the long run doesnt mean a thing. I also know Lebron always does try to win in the 4th at all star games so thought it was impressive that kobe stopped him from getting it going.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:27 PM   #280
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

It was a nice block (great hustle from Kobe). I ain't gonna lie, but it's not like the players were putting a 100% effort into the game. Durant, for instance, didn't fully commit into contesting LeBron's shot.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 02-17-2013, 11:31 PM   #281
JaD
Thriller Night

Just like the discussion from last year's All Star game it comes down to what LeBron did or didn't do . In this case how he got owned by Kobe in the game.

James Dean
Old 02-17-2013, 11:53 PM   #282
Poeman
Banned User

Btw,

Chris Bosh had the worst All star game performance OF ALL TIME...Especially for a starter...He had like 4 airballs, 2 crossovers through his legs, 2x being dunked on and a crotch to the face

Old 02-17-2013, 11:59 PM   #283
JaD
Thriller Night

Well, to be fair, he was replacing the injured Rondo

James Dean
Old 02-18-2013, 12:03 AM   #284
TheGuy
Side-Kick

He enjoyed that moment on the last pic.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:04 AM   #285
Poeman
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
Well, to be fair, he was replacing the injured Rondo
that was the coach who replaced Rondo with Bosh...I would have gone with someone else

Old 02-18-2013, 12:24 AM   #286
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
He enjoyed that moment on the last pic.
I think Blake enjoys similar nut shenanigans...
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

James Dean
Old 02-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #287
L.A.
Side-Kick

Rip Jerry buss

Old 02-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #288
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poeman View Post
Btw,

Chris Bosh had the worst All star game performance OF ALL TIME...Especially for a starter...He had like 4 airballs, 2 crossovers through his legs, 2x being dunked on and a crotch to the face
Not to mention Lil Wayne deciding to reveal (whether true or not) that he slept with Bosh's wife. I'm assuming he's talking before they were married, but regardless, Chris had a night full of disrespect (and weirdness, with that creepy ass look they caught him giving Chris Paul during his trophy presentation) SMH

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. View Post
Rip Jerry buss
Indeed. A true visionary...

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 02-18-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #289
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Lil Wayne is just a mark ass punk. He ranted about the NBA last night, called Wade "Shewade" and says he slept with Bosh's wife? (wtf?). He shouldn't be allowed into NBA functions anymore...

Last edited by SolarTiger; 02-19-2013 at 01:22 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #290
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

He's probably pissed because he's supposedly a Lakers fan and got tossed from a Heat game here.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-18-2013, 11:34 PM   #291
JaD
Thriller Night

Lil Wayne is a dumbass. He's just trying to pull a move out of 2Pac's book and saying he ****ed someone's wife who he has beef with. I don't think it'd be as believable if he said LeBron's wife or Gabrielle Union (I definitely can't see Gabby sleeping with that ugly dude anyways) He knows people are gonna talk about it and a bunch of kids are gonna believe it.

I'm surprised Birdman (rapper) was in that video of Wayne saying all that stuff onstage. He's at so many Heat games, wtf?

James Dean
Old 02-18-2013, 11:48 PM   #292
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
He's probably pissed because he's supposedly a Lakers fan and got tossed from a Heat game here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTiger View Post
Lil Wayne is just a mark ass punk. He ranted about the NBA last night, called Wade "Shewade" and says he slept with Bosh's wife? (wtf?). He shouldn't be allowed into anymore NBA functions anymore...
I think that's his "gripe." He feels the Heat have tried to blackball him from the league or something. He was all about Lebron and them guys, got refused seats at a game once or something, then all of a sudden he's seen celebrating with Dirk after their Finals win. Guess his photo op wasn't enough to get the Heat players riled up, so he's taking it a step further now. Whatever the case, he stepped over the line a few times last night.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 02-19-2013, 12:12 AM   #293
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Wow, only 4 players have had their kids play in the NBA? Doc Rivers, Rick Barry, Bill Walton, and Delonte West? Interesting stat.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #294
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Wow, only 4 players have had their kids play in the NBA? Doc Rivers, Rick Barry, Bill Walton, and Delonte West? Interesting stat.
What you did there? I see it.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:27 AM   #295
TMC1982
Side-Kick

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2013...hallenge-espn/

Quote:
After a busy few years of sports TV rights negotiations, only one major league is still available — the NBA.

The current NBA television deals with ESPN and Turner Sports do not expire until after the 2015-16 season, but the league looms large as the highest-profile property left for bid. Over the past two years, television rights to nearly everything else — the NFL, Olympics, World Cup, Major League Baseball, NHL, NCAA Tournament and college football playoff — have been locked up through the twenties.

Of the remaining properties, which include the second half of the NASCAR season and the Big East/Catholic 7, only the NBA has the ability to fundamentally change the sports TV landscape.

That was not the case in the mid-2000s, the last time NBA TV rights became available. The league was floundering in television ratings and public perception, and there was little demand among the networks to set aside a few hundred million for TV rights. Incumbents ESPN and Turner Sports, essentially running unopposed, were able to hold onto the rights an additional eight years.

Today, the NBA is in the midst of a five-year resurgence. Television ratings have broken records on cable in both the regular season and playoffs. On broadcast, where the league failed for years on ABC, ratings have soared back to NBC levels. The last three NBA Finals have averaged a double-digit rating, and four out of the last five NBA Finals have outdrawn the World Series in the same year.

The league’s improved fortunes are not the biggest change from the mid-2000s. Today, FOX and NBC — which were not even in the conversation when NBA rights were last up for bid — are likely to express perhaps serious interest in acquiring rights. With FOX set to launch two 24-hour sports networks this summer and NBC in desperate need of content for NBC Sports Network, the NBA’s hundreds of hours of game inventory are tantalizing.

As predicted by Sports Business Journal‘s John Ourand last year, the NBA could also look toward an unconventional outlet such as Google’s YouTube for a game package. That may sound outlandish, but the NBA has never shied away from taking risks — shifting almost entirely to cable in 2002 was proof of that — and the league already has a deal with YouTube through its Developmental League.

More than three years before the next NBA TV deal goes into effect, here is an early look at the contenders: Fox Sports, NBC, ESPN, Turner, CBS, and Google.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #296
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

LeBron James Playing Flawless Basketball in Pathetic Bid for Nation's Approval

Quote:
MIAMI—Shooting 56 percent from the field so far this season and completing an astounding 49 of his last 65 shots, LeBron James has recently taken his game to another level in a transparent and paltry attempt to win widespread admiration, sources confirmed Tuesday. “In typical fashion, LeBron is shamelessly trying to get everyone to like him,” said ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith, who mentioned that it was “pitiful” to see James pulling publicity stunts such as improving his rebounding skills and shooting more consistently than any basketball player in history. “It’s sad enough to see him scoring points at will, but when he’s also locking down on defense, making all his teammates look better, and generally improving every facet of his game, it just looks desperate.” Smith added that at least James had toned back his pathetic antics since last season, when the 9-time all star “practically begged” for praise by winning an NBA championship.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #297
Burgundy LaRue
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
Lil Wayne is a dumbass. He's just trying to pull a move out of 2Pac's book and saying he ****ed someone's wife who he has beef with. I don't think it'd be as believable if he said LeBron's wife or Gabrielle Union (I definitely can't see Gabby sleeping with that ugly dude anyways) He knows people are gonna talk about it and a bunch of kids are gonna believe it.
He went with Adrienne because she supposedly was an 'industry groupie' before marrying Bosh. She modeled for some urban-oriented magazines, and she allegedly made herself available to rappers and athletes.

Don't know if any of this is true, but there are a lot of rumors, so Lil' Wayne knew exactly what he was doing by mentioning her.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #298
Anubis
Sup?

Don't really see why he should feel bad. I'm sure he banged a few ugos in his past as well.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #299
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

The Nets should have stayed in NJ. Noone cares about them in NYC.I'm here and all the stations talk about is the Knicks. Brooklyn gets almost 0 coverage here and I'm not kidding. They have alienated their NJ fans for a few Brooklyn fans. They beat Milwaukee at the buzzer and noone cares.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:52 PM   #300
fanboiii
disciple of truth

I'm in NJ and I don't care for the Nets. I've always been a Knicks fan .