The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 06:10 AM   #201
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Sure it could happen, but when people get their knickers in a twist because there's a lack of actual news... Oh dear. And that death announcement, not cool to spread such things about anyone.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #202
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
You are incorrigible Elizah.
YUP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idun View Post
Well, hello Monday morning. And hello no news. Don't go to Tumblr because people are really getting crazy over there, especially over a Hal/Henry death bed pic maniped into Loki's. Who ever made that one, congratulations to one hell of a prank.

Not only are we starved for news of any kind, it's also snowing outside AGAIN.
That manip was from forever ago! Sheesh. It's already gone around months ago and people got hysterical about it and then it was cleared up it was a manip. I haven't seen any mass hysteria about it recently though, just one or two girls asking about it who were immediately told it was a manip. Yeah, some jerk made that up just to upset people. So cruel.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #203
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

In this case I think it was a small eruption by people who hadn't seen it before. It may seem old if you're really dedicated and around a lot, but not all are.

Some things may be a bit slow around these Scandinavian backwaters about something like this too, I think. It's not as bad as in the 80's though. Anything British or American was released at least 3 months after original release. I used to listen to Radio Luxenburg (it was on crappy medium frequency too) during summer when there was absolutely nothing on radio (we had 3 channels, all aimed at 40+) and it was such a different world, that radio station.

Seen The Hollow Crown now BTW. Hiddles need riding lessons. Those heels? Not in the right position.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #204
elizah72
Side-Kick

I was thinking he'd be better due to the training he had to go through for War Horse. LOL though I'm not an expert on that myself.

and you were looking at his heels?!?!?!

Old 02-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #205
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Default I'm too sexy for my horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Good news! thanks!

He looks so yummy that even the horse is embarrassed to look, and is hiding behind his mane; LOL. Cute horsey; I'd like to see him in Asgard with Loki.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #206
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Quote:
and you were looking at his heels?!?!?!
Of course I do! I grew up in the countryside, and had a horse of my own. Me and some friends were constantly training dressage and gymkhana (and on occasion train classic mediaeval battle games). I know a thing or two about the way your heels should be positioned, and if you're an experienced rider, you'll immediately check out the hands and heels first when you see someone in the saddle. The general posture comes second. His hands were too high, heels not down but he wasn't flapping his arms like a goose, thank heavens. It wasn't a catastrophe, but it shows he's not all that used to this.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:58 PM   #207
Godzilla2000
Super Shadow

Default Re: I'm too sexy for my horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
He looks so yummy that even the horse is embarrassed to look, and is hiding behind his mane; LOL. Cute horsey; I'd like to see him in Asgard with Loki.
The horse has his bangs in an emo flip because of how much of a stud Tom is in that image.

- I always defend the honor of people I consider friend material.

- I refuse to be just an option. It's either a real relationship or I walk away.

"Faced with crisis, the man of character falls back upon himself." -Charles de Gaulle
Old 02-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #208
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Th Biggrin Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Thanks for that beverage moment; Godzilla!

And just for you:

In the patented Hiddles pose.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:08 PM   #209
elizah72
Side-Kick

Gosh I hope he's careful, he could put an eye out with that thing....

His dagger I mean.

he was at The Cloud Atlas gala screening today.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #210
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Quote:
Gosh I hope he's careful, he could put an eye out with that thing....

His dagger I mean.
Riiight.

He has way with it though. The dagger I mean.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #211
elizah72
Side-Kick

I can only imagine!

Old 02-18-2013, 04:33 PM   #212
elizah72
Side-Kick

no interviews have cropped up yet but another lovely fan experience with Tom.

Quote:
whereallthesoulsarelying asked: TELL US THE STORY PLEASE
I went to the Cloud Atlas gala (Mainly for Hugh Grant) and we didn’t know Tom would be there (he’s not in the cast so yeah he was the best unexpected surprise I’ve ever had), then someone got a hold of the guest list and we thought we saw Tom. And it was Tom. And he got out of the car and he was so beautiful!!! And he came along and didn’t really have time for many autographs etc but he signed mine (Yes he ****ing touched my hand too) and he told us how much he loved us all and he was being really sweet even though his people were ushering him away he was sorry he couldn’t do photos and kept saying he loved us! I am still shaking because he was so beautiful!
http://ktlouisetaylor.tumblr.com/pos...e-story-please

Old 02-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #213
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Th Cool Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

He's almost too nice.

Time for bed. Say your prayers!

Old 02-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #214
elizah72
Side-Kick

What we know so far, Loki in Thor 2 quotes (my blog )
http://thormovies.tumblr.com/post/43...-thor-2-quotes

Old 02-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #215
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Loki is gunna be the trigger of ragnarok

Old 02-19-2013, 12:09 AM   #216
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Loki is gunna be the trigger of ragnarok
I thought I read somewhere that the destruction of the Bifrost was one of the signs that Ragnarok had started or was coming. Is that correct?

Old 02-19-2013, 12:29 AM   #217
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
I thought I read somewhere that the destruction of the Bifrost was one of the signs that Ragnarok had started or was coming. Is that correct?
nope, just mere speculation on our part.

it was said though, that the 9 realms will be more...chaotic, I suppose.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #218
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
nope, just mere speculation on our part.

it was said though, that the 9 realms will be more...chaotic, I suppose.
Ahh nevermind...I was thinking of the real world mythology. Got confused. Apparently, the norse myths state that the destruction of Bifrost is a sign of Ragnarok.
Here's the quote (not that it matters)
"The Gods built a bridge called Bifröst from Asgard (heaven) to Midgard (earth). They ride daily over the great rainbow bridge. Bifröst is guarded by the God Heimdall. Heimdall sleeps lighter than a bird, sees one hundred travel-days in each direction, and has such sharp ears that he can hear the grass and the wool grow. But as strong as Bifröst is, it will collapse when the when the Frost Giants ride out over it at Ragnarok. There is nothing that can be relied on when the sons of Muspell are on the warpath." Still cool though!

Last edited by Guerrilla; 02-19-2013 at 01:10 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:13 AM   #219
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I'm sure it could be a part of it, cause it support's the idea of Loki partially causing ragnarok, cause it is his fault the bridge had to get destroyed.

Now,before I get attacked by everyone saying, "no, Thor destroyed the bridge, yada yada", yes. He did. However, he wouldn't destroy the bridge if Loki hadn't tried to destroy Jotenheim. (which btw, was my favorite loki moments during the MCU, seeing the hatred in his face, and how psychotic his plan was.....to prove to my father I am a worthy son, and to show I deserve to be the true air to the throne, let me just destroy an entire world lol)

So there's that, which could be partially taken from myth, and whatever they have Loki do in the dark world, probably surtur/malekith related, which leads to ragnarok

Old 02-19-2013, 02:00 AM   #220
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

It's true that the destruction of Bifrost is a sign of Ragnarök in the myth, but it's not destroyed in the way Thor breaks it. And we've not seen any Fimbul winter here on this humble branch of the world tree either so far (though this winter has been unusually long and with plenty of snow in these nooks, which is unusual - have I mentioned I hate snow? I hate snow).

However, one should not look upon these things as one does with the Christian apocalypse. It's not a series of events that will happen in a specific order, and the story itself is quite complicated and doesn't always make sense. It's not the great ending of the world either, but the beginning of a new age. Having said that, we don't know much about the myth and it's unclear how much influence Christianity had on it. Those writing these stories down for prosperity were Christian (from Saxo Grammaticus to Sturluson) and it has elements that suggest that Ragnarök has happened already, that it was turned in to a metaphor for the arrival of Christianity, re-written and with typical Christian elements incorporated in it. That's probably especially true about Saxo Grammaticus since he was archbishop in Roskilde, Denmark. We're talking late 12th century, early 13th when old beliefs were going out of style big time. When we arrive in the 17th century and the translations of Icelandic texts to Swedish, you can't really take anything as face value. It was a hopeless time, where myth and history often was one and all sorts of romanticising was going on.

But as jaqua said, Loki is partly responsible for it. I don't think it'll happen this time around though. Chaos? Absolutely.

Thanks for the recap Elizah!

Old 02-19-2013, 02:10 AM   #221
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Quote:
I'm sure it could be a part of it, cause it support's the idea of Loki partially causing ragnarok, cause it is his fault the bridge had to get destroyed.

Now,before I get attacked by everyone saying, "no, Thor destroyed the bridge, yada yada", yes. He did. However, he wouldn't destroy the bridge if Loki hadn't tried to destroy Jotenheim. (which btw, was my favorite loki moments during the MCU, seeing the hatred in his face, and how psychotic his plan was.....to prove to my father I am a worthy son, and to show I deserve to be the true air to the throne, let me just destroy an entire world lol)
Well, Thor did break the Bifrost. You'll not hear me arguing about that. And why he did it's pretty obvious as well, and no, it wasn't a very good plan Loki had. On the other hand, it's the kind of hatred we see among ourselves in various violent conflicts around the world. The drive to obliterate the enemy is strong, given the 'right' circumstances.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:40 AM   #222
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idun View Post
It's true that the destruction of Bifrost is a sign of Ragnarök in the myth, but it's not destroyed in the way Thor breaks it. And we've not seen any Fimbul winter here on this humble branch of the world tree either so far (though this winter has been unusually long and with plenty of snow in these nooks, which is unusual - have I mentioned I hate snow? I hate snow).
OT Re: Fimbul Winter: spoilery speculation for Thor 2 I'm putting in spoiler tags because I do think this is a strong possibility.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
in the Simonson run, Malekith uses the Casket of Ancient Winter to bring that winter and "prepare" for Surtur's arrival. It seems like that has to happen before Surtur can arrive. I dont have the Omnibus in front of me anymore but it was something to do with freezing up Earth and then Surtur wipes things clean with his fire, or something like that.

Anyway, the Casket was used in the first film, and was lost, possibly destroyed. The casket's cold came from Niffleheim, and I recall something about it coming from Ymir specifically in myth but I can't recall exactly that part. In any case, I did bring up the idea not long ago, with there seeming to be Ice Giants and so possibly Ymir too, in Thor 2, that Ymir could be the last big fight in London, and perhaps his destruction causes that massive winter on Earth that carries over for a long long time, over the course of several films until Surtur shows up in Thor 3... and concidentally what is the next Marvel film called? The Winter Soldier. Thoughts?

Btw, in reviewing the video in front of St Paul's cathederal of crowds looking around confused for a while, then panicking and running, prior to that they are looking up and all around in confusion. Certainly a sudden blizzard then a giant Ice moster appearing would cause that type of "what is that? what's going on? Oh no everybody run!" type reaction along with cars crashing (that aren't there in those scenes so must be added after). I do not believe it's a reaction to the Dark Elf ship based on where the location is in comparison to Greenwich. And I dont think it's a reaction to Thor and Kurse fighting. Could be wrong but I dont think that's what it is, I think it's something in the sky.

Certainly if this is the case there is A LOT being added to this in post production, but I think it's possible and it would fit well with having one more part of the prophecy fullfilled before Ragnarok.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Thanks for the recap Elizah!
You're welcome.

Last edited by elizah72; 02-19-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #223
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:

Now,before I get attacked by everyone saying, "no, Thor destroyed the bridge, yada yada", yes. He did. However, he wouldn't destroy the bridge if Loki hadn't tried to destroy Jotenheim.
It's true Thor destroyed the bridge. And it's also true that Loki backed him into a corner, leaving him no other choice.

This next comment is in response to material in Elizah's spoiler button. It's not itself spoiler material, so I'm not shielding it:

In Simonson, Surtur calls forth his servant Malekith to retrieve the Casket of Ancient Winters from where it had been hidden on Midgard by its human protectors. Malekith was to open the Casket. The Ancient Winters would freeze the seal on the entrance of Muspelheim and allow Surtur to bust out using Twilight. (Malekith preferred to open the Casket on Midgard to avoid messing up his own realm, but it didn't work out that way.)

Part of Malekith's machinations on the way to that was to strike a bargain with Loki. (And Loki, delightfully, proved ever to be the trickster on that matter.) There's potential yet for something like that in Thor2.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 02-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #224
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

That's a possibility. Putting it behind spoiler tags so I won't upset anyone by hinting what was under that tag.
Oh god I hate snow. And winter several years in a row? You can see why people back when saw this as a Very Scary Thing. Ymir is a pre-historic (Asgard pre-historic that is) Frost Giant and the father to the Frost Giants, born out of hoarfrost created by sparks from Muspelheim colliding with the cold from Nifelheim. He was later killed by Odin and his brothers and his body became Earth (or Midgard).

The Ragnarök story is VERY complicated and I only remember the most important pieces of it too (plus it's a PITA to pick out what could be original myth and what's added later, which is why I never really bothered to go in to too much detail on that). Having said that, it's possible to whatever one likes with it, as Marvel has done the whole time.

Anyway, the end and beginning (Ragnarök that is) won't come this time around anyway. Possibly later then.

Last edited by Idun; 02-19-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #225
elizah72
Side-Kick

there was a quote from MAlekith there though saying specifically he had to bring winter to midgard to set up for Surtur to cleanse the world with his fire... I think it was the panel where he was holding up the casket and talking to his people. Not sure if the two were connected in myth though.

thanks Idun,
yes they will do with it what they want, but i think it's a possibily for a big battle at the end and could set up why Thor might remain on Earth at the end, for Avengers 2 IF he stays on Earth as has been speculated.

Closed Thread