The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #76
ImWithTeamConan
Avenger of Comedy

Default Re: If the Wrestling Thread wanted to dance, it'd get a date!

Just watched the 6 man from tonight.

Liked Rollins, was a huge Ambrose fan but geez, these last two matches have really sold me on Reigns' potential. He has a great look and although he might not be as experienced as the other two, he's athletic/quick for his size and he's great at selling.

Post-WM it's going to be interesting how they're going to enter the main event scene, I think they're ready. But how do you book that?

2012 Knockout Kings Fantasy Football Champion
Old 02-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #77
PyroChamber
W.B.B.S.

I can't believe they've had that spinner belt around for 8 years, man time flies.

IMO, I think they should have made the section where the WWE logo is Gold instead of the black leather of the belt; kinda makes it look like didn't put too much thought into it, like they just screwed the logo on and said "**** it".

BTW, have these been posted?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #78
Dr. Evil
Gamora

The belt is going to be "super cool" and "totally awesome" when the Rock carries it around with him during media rounds.

It's like when the Olympians come home and display their medals during the talk show rounds a week after the Olympics. The media is in awe of the medals and think that the medals are totally awesome (which they are).

Of course, the difference is that the Olympics actually means something. The WWE Title does not, but the mainstream won't care. They will see the Rock carry the title and be in awe of it.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 02-19-2013, 12:08 AM   #79
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroChamber View Post
I can't believe they've had that spinner belt around for 8 years, man time flies.

IMO, I think they should have made the section where the WWE logo is Gold instead of the black leather of the belt; kinda makes it look like didn't put too much thought into it, like they just screwed the logo on and said "**** it".
The first prototype actually had a base/back plate as shown in the original leaked picture. But due to the weight of it (as confirmed by Punk) was removed and re-tweaked to make it lighter.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:20 AM   #80
Wheels
HR Supporter

Reigns is a guy who really started impressing me about a month or two before The Shield debuted. You can go back and read the post where I compared him to Scott Hall and The Rock. I'm an Ambrose guy and I enjoy Rollins, but Reigns is the one WWE will like the most. Given the choice, I'd take Reigns over Ryback as the next face of WWE.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 02-19-2013, 12:23 AM   #81
NDX
Jiggle Jiggle Bounce!

Quote:
BTW, have these been posted?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I have no idea what the hell I just watched.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:34 AM   #82
PyroChamber
W.B.B.S.

I guess the question now is, when they start making replicas of the new belt who's gonna buy one?

Quote:
Old 02-19-2013, 12:35 AM   #83
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
True, but I'm still worried they will do something in WM that will make The Shield look like jobbers and specifically to the guy they've beaten so many times. Hopefully I'm worried over nothing though.
That is a concern I agree, I honestly don't mind Roidback finally getting a team together that allows him to get the winning pin at Mania, but if they bury them in a 3 on 1 loss then that would be ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheAir View Post
That's my hope! I'm not sure I want to see Punk/Taker, especially if Taker is still nursing injuries.
Maybe Punk can work the triple threat and tag with Lesnar against Taker and Haitch, that way preventing disasters all round even though he'd eat both pins.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-19-2013, 12:38 AM   #84
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty

Quote:
I guess the question now is, when they start making replicas of the new belt who's gonna buy one?
they already have
http://shop.wwe.com/WWE-Championship...efault,pd.html

Better Call Saul
Old 02-19-2013, 12:40 AM   #85
Hunter Rider
Ronin

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-19-2013, 12:40 AM   #86
bullets
bang bang

The Harlem shake videos are fun , but of course it's being overdone. People at my work were talking about making one and I had to find an excuse to walk away.

This is random , but does anyone remember The Patriot Del Wilkes. He had a short run in WWF circa 1997. It just ended without explanation . Does anyone know why he was released ?

Old 02-19-2013, 12:49 AM   #87
Wheels
HR Supporter

I remember The Patriot more for his WCW run with Marc Bagwell. As for why he was released from WWF, I have no idea.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 02-19-2013, 12:51 AM   #88
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
To me, it evokes a Championship ring. While I like it, I would have liked to see them update the WW logo, though. Of course, that would have required to redo all of their merchandise, too.

Edit: Searched Google for "Fan made wwe logo" and found this!

Last edited by Hotwire; 02-19-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:52 AM   #89
PyroChamber
W.B.B.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness Falls View Post
Well, that was quick.

Quote:
Old 02-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #90
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Old 02-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #91
louiebling$
Just Chucking with you

No Eagle....man that belt looks so uninspired and plain ugghh

"I have had a dream all my life and it was not this good." -Joss Whedon
Old 02-19-2013, 01:15 AM   #92
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
I remember The Patriot more for his WCW run with Marc Bagwell. As for why he was released from WWF, I have no idea.
What I remember most about the Patriot is that his mask seemed to constrict his lip movement. During his promos, he sounded like he was saying, "Ah roo roo rooo roooo roooo, 'Merica, rooo rooo rooo".

Old 02-19-2013, 01:18 AM   #93
Project862006
Banned User

wow just seen new title it is ugly and just bland

seriously what looks better on the rock

Old 02-19-2013, 01:22 AM   #94
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post
The Harlem shake videos are fun , but of course it's being overdone. People at my work were talking about making one and I had to find an excuse to walk away.

This is random , but does anyone remember The Patriot Del Wilkes. He had a short run in WWF circa 1997. It just ended without explanation . Does anyone know why he was released ?
Here's an old USA Today article. Not pretty:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...g-wilkes_x.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
wow just seen new title it is ugly and just bland

seriously what looks better on the rock
The Rock can make anything look credible, but belts that look like actual champions will always trump gimmicky, garish belts.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:59 AM   #95
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

I'd seen the leaked pics and didnt like it.... even when i went on wwe.com this morning I was dissapointed to see it in a little thumbnail.... when I watch it be unveiled I changed my mind.... it isnt as good as the undisputed titled, or the winged eagle, but it is ALOT better than the spinner, and looks like an actual title belt... I kinda like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
I don't like that the centerplate is just a giant WWE logo. That's so lazy. Where's the intricate design that makes it look more prestigious?
I agree, I think there should at the very least have been a globe behind the wwe logo

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 02-19-2013, 02:02 AM   #96
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
Here's an old USA Today article. Not pretty:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sport...g-wilkes_x.htm

Thanks. It's a shame because I thought he was good. I'm not sure how well that gimmick would of maintained in the attitude era though.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:51 AM   #97
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Yes I know I'm late to the party but I had to work a Panthers/Maple Leafs game, so sue me. Thank God I recorded Raw though and my thoughts?

Pretty great show. The 6-Man Shield vs. Sheamus/Ryback/Jericho was a definite hilight. I don't have the luxury of ordering PPVs so this was the first match I've seen them in. And I like what I see. Ambrose is a freaking genius worker. Best I've seen in a loooong time.

I hope next week's Punk vs. Cena match leads to a triple-threat Wrestlemania match. Punk brings out Cena's good promos IMO, so I'm hoping that comes to fruition.

Rock's unveiling of the new title belt was pretty cool. I definitely like the new belt more than the Spinner. But I liked the sendoff he gave the Spinner, and it should be in the HOF, very classy of him. And I loved when Cena crashed mid-speech, that sneer gave me hope for at least a tweener turn for Cena, if not an all-out heel. And definitely, Punk clocking Cena with the old title and then tossing it aside was awesome. I love the way he said "I want that one."

And to those who are b****ing and moaning, the belt looks way better than the Spinner and, for the record, it's called the WWE Championship for a reason, and the design reflects that. It also puts it in a similar league with the WHC.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:52 AM   #98
cyclone
Side-Kick

Just caught up with Raw from last night.

I do hope the Cena vs Punk match next week ends in a draw or something similar. Rock vs Cena II is just not interesting to me, and I think the end result of that match is blindingly obvious. Having a triple threat match would definitely make it more exciting and a better match to watch. I expect, if Undertaker isn't cleared to make Mania, then it'll be a triple threat match (Cena will still win). If Taker is cleared to fight at Mania, then I think Cena beats Punk next week. Ironically, if Taker vs Punk happens, it'll probably be a more exciting match and more people will be looking forward to it than the 2 Championship matches combined!

Speaking of the other Championship.... Swagger vs Del Rio?! Really!? No one cares about Swagger, and Del Rio is hardly a huge star now. Seems an odd choice. I'd guess though, that Ziggler will cash in at Wrestlemania and win.

Love The Shield at the moment. Ambrose is awesome. Reigns seems to be a bit 'Hulk' like, whereby he's the big wrecking machine who doesn't say too much, aside from; "Believe in the Shield!" They're a good, tight-knit unit though, and that works really well. I'm glad Vince hasn't buried them.....yet. King's comment about 'know no one knows how to beat them' (or words to that effect) was interesting. I suspect to beat them, someone will have to fight dirty, and take them out one at a time backstage or whatever, so they're not able to fight as a 3 in their matches. I really like them though, they bring a lot and they're pretty over with the fans. Rollins' knee to Jericho was sweet! Guy came from nowhere and just nailed him.

Dream Mania Card
Cena vs Rock
Punk vs Taker
Ziggler vs Del Rio
Shield vs Sheamus, Ryback, Randy Orton - TLC Match
Kaitlyn vs AJ
And other matches I'm not really bothered about.....

Predicted Mania Card
Cena vs Rock vs Punk
Swagger vs Del Rio (Ziggler cashes in to win)
Shield vs Sheamus, Ryback, and someone else, possibly leading to Shield being a kind of 'face' team, and either Ryback or maybe Orton if he's involved, turning heel.

But that doesn't mean it won't still chip off a piece of its own shell and stab you in the face with it.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:53 AM   #99
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

-Looked at the Raw results and seems pretty meh/pfft to me,Although I liked what I read about Shield.

-Is Swagger's manager Dutch Mantel?

-I overall like the new WWE title But would prefer no diamonds

Old 02-19-2013, 03:13 AM   #100
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post

-Is Swagger's manager Dutch Mantel?

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post

And to those who are b****ing and moaning, the belt looks way better than the Spinner and, for the record, it's called the WWE Championship for a reason, and the design reflects that. It also puts it in a similar league with the WHC.
I'm not sure what to make of that.

Closed Thread