The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 02-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #151
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII

I hope they'll at least make it a launch title. I don't want to wait several more years.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #152
Raven X
Straight Edge Soul

eh.....at this point, I'm going to wait until the game is actually released and physically on store shelves before I get too excited..........

and to think........one of the main reasons why I bought my PS3 some 3 years ago was in anticipation of Versus.........

Disney Lover!!
Raven X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #153
Soapy
It's happening again...

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS!!

Square Enix is finally going to release Final Fantasy Versus XIII branded perfume!!!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:23 AM   #154
Nathan

Square, stop trolling.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:35 PM   #155
Soapy
It's happening again...

So... a fashion designer who designed costumes for Versus has changed it from "Final Fantasy Versus XIII" to "Final Fantasy XV" on his website.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #156
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they did seeing as they've spent like 100 million years developing it. They might as well.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:04 PM   #157
Soapy
It's happening again...

Cross-posting this from the Final Fantasy general thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
VGLeaks is reporting that not only has Final Fantasy Versus XIII been retitled Final Fantasy XV, but for the past two years it has been co-developed by Sony, and will be exclusive to the Playstation 4.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:05 PM   #158
Nathan

Well, I guess it's no surprise then that they didn't show any new screens or footage. The improved graphics would have been too obvious.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #159
Soapy
It's happening again...

Sony co-developing it makes sense as well considering Square has had their hands full milking XIII and fixing XIV.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #160
Nathan

I wonder if FFIV will be a PS4 title as well.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #161
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Cs Funny Re: Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Final Fantasy XV: The Last Guardian confirmed! lol

Two peas in a pod.

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #162
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I wonder if FFIV will be a PS4 title as well.
It's possible, but I kind of doubt it. At least not in the near future. FFXIV has been a huge time and money sink for them. By the time "A Realm Reborn" is out, it will have been three years since its original release that they've been hammering away on this thing without earning any money from it. Yoichi wada even went so far as to say that the game has damaged the series a great deal, and that it was a mistake and another mistake like it would bring down the company. I think additional platforms for FFXIV is the furthest thing from their minds right now, I think they're focused entirely on getting this relaunch out the door so they can start earning money on it.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #163
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Surprised this wasn't posted here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=299
Quote:
Test post. About to post info.

OK there we go. Sorry Im on a phone and I thought the thread was locked for some odd reason. Anyway, I can reveal the following info and Im doing it in public now.

I am being told game is NOT being called FF15. Yes it is PS4 exclusive. The budget has surpassed 120 million at this point and Square is not allowing anymore funding. Game will have massive unveiling before E3 with cryptic marketing blitz to follow. Talk of ARG starting soon. Various vehicles for characters that can upgraded and altered for battle. Very dark and mature themes. Themes or betrayal, retribution, and sacrifice for the greater good, with many gray areas and the journey to understand the ramifications of good and evil as philosophical concepts. Is thethe biggest, most ambitious FF of all time with very the mature themes such as forced conception and specifically attacks world religions in a metaphorical sense.

Will have more info soon. Account ban bet on all info above. See you soon.

Apologize for terrible grammar and formatting. Phone posts are impossible.
I pray to God this is true.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:16 AM   #164
Nathan

Interesting. Can't wait to finally see some new footage.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:21 AM   #165
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I sincerely hope that Noctis and the entire story and setting they had set up for Versus wasn't completely destroyed during this overhaul towards Final Fantasy 15. Now that would be such a shame.

I was really digging his whole faux Sasuke Uchiha vibe.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Old 03-20-2013, 01:13 AM   #166
Soapy
It's happening again...

I'm very curious if that's 120 million yen or dollars. I can't imagine it's dollars. There have been MMOs that haven't cost that much to make. If it is though, holy ****.

Everything else sounds great.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #167
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I sincerely hope that Noctis and the entire story and setting they had set up for Versus wasn't completely destroyed during this overhaul towards Final Fantasy 15. Now that would be such a shame.

I was really digging his whole faux Sasuke Uchiha vibe.
From how Nomura and his team were describing his actual personality he would apparently only be a faux Sasuke in looks. The personality they described sounded way more energetic and emotional than stoic.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:29 PM   #168
Brother Jack
Onion Knight

I hope the game is not repackaged as FFXV and released on PS4. If it had to be PS4 as Versus XIII I wouldn't have much of a problem with it, but the fact that it's been in production for so long with next to no updates on it is ridiculous and suspicious. I don't know why they can't just get their act together and get the game finished already.

There's been more news about The Last Guardian which is absurd.

For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning.
Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:23 AM   #169
Soapy
It's happening again...

First off, it hasn't been in production that long. Second, it's not really a matter of "getting their act together". It's not as if everyone at Square is lounging around and saying, "Maybe we should work on Versus some more.... NAH!!". They have basically everyone at the company fixing XIV, and everyone who isn't doing that is pumping out XIII sequels. It sucks that Versus has been put on the backburner for so long, but that's just the reality of the situation they created for themselves by putting out two major duds in a row.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:52 AM   #170
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

My only concern is that we lose Noctis and the setting they had built up for Versus. That would be such a shame. I don't care whether they rebranded it to FF15 or made it a PS4 exclusive but I would be totally bummed out if it was radically changed from the ground up. I'm sure they moved on to that new engine they've been parading around but other than that I hope little has changed in terms of the characters, setting, story & overall aesthetics.

Quote:
Old 03-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #171
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Well I just hope if they have re-done the whole ordeal to the point they really go back to what made FF good. It's sad that I'm more excited for FFX HD versions or going back and playing FFI-X more so than a future iteration.

1. Bring back the good turn based fighting of I-X it worked then and that's why FFXII and FFXIII (and it's terrible excuse for what they called combat) did not. It is a core aspect of what makes these games, it's like taking the platform element out of Mario.
2. Bring back an overworld
3. Bring back the massive content, tons of towns, mini-games side quests that connect to the characters ect (FFXIII was extremely empty)
4. Much more of armaments and not just one thing to equip.

In reality I hope Square has realized how much it has alienated it's fans, and trying to westernize their games won't help. Man I want a next gen FF game that feels like an FF game, I've been waiting for 12 years almost for that.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:51 AM   #172
Tristan_McClark
Side-Kick

I have nothing against turn-based games. FFVII was enjoyable. But I'm really ready for the Kingdom Hearts/Dissidia Final Fantasy game. Ever since Advent Children came out, I really wanted to play something like that.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #173
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Ya I like Kingdom Hearts, and I don't mind that type of gameplay staying with that franchise. But FF has a unique one that is much more interesting to me, and I'd rather they let FF focus on that type of combat. and then do KHIII.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #174
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
First off, it hasn't been in production that long. Second, it's not really a matter of "getting their act together". It's not as if everyone at Square is lounging around and saying, "Maybe we should work on Versus some more.... NAH!!". They have basically everyone at the company fixing XIV, and everyone who isn't doing that is pumping out XIII sequels. It sucks that Versus has been put on the backburner for so long, but that's just the reality of the situation they created for themselves by putting out two major duds in a row.
...7 years isn't "that long"? For a sense of how long this has been in development: I was in 7th grade when this was first announced...now I'm in the Air Force and my second year of college. That's a pretty long damn time for a game to be in development and still not even have a tentative release date.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:56 PM   #175
Soapy
It's happening again...

It was announced seven years ago. It's only been in active development for the last two.