The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #376
JaD
Thriller Night

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I had a MoS dream last night. It was definitely interesting and fun. I also remember a part of the dream being me explaining the dream to Kirk Snyder (edit I mean Zack Snyder, Kirk Snyder is a former NBA player ) to get some of the ideas from the dream incorporated into the movie,

But anyways, in the dream I was watching MoS (lucky, I know) and basically the scenes I was watching had to be taking place on Krypton or something, which was strange because Superman was grown and decked out in his Superman gear. A lot of the Kryptonian outfits reminded me of the original Clash of the Titans film from '81, soldiers had shields and their faces covered by their mask and Superman was battling them or trying to keep the peace or something like that. Even the filter of the movie looked more like an 80's battle epic, it had that nostalgic look. It was kind of cool honestly.

Another section of the dream had to do with some lady giving Superman (he wasn't in his costume though so Clark) a speed test in a large type of garage. I guess Superman was trying to learn how to use his powers properly or was rusty. (I guess those shots of him from the trailers in the beard brought this idea up) So the garage had little red lights on the floor spread out all over the large area. Each time one would light up triggered by this lady Clark would need to dart over to the light on the floor. The lady was teasing him in that he’s supposed to be faster than “a speeding bullet” but he can’t hit these lights in time. Eventually he got a lot better and smoothed out his speed skills.

The last section of the dream had me trying to explain to Zack Snyder (or it might have been Henry Cavill) to get these ideas incorporated into his movie. I was talking to him while he was sitting in a pickup truck and he was just about to drive off. He told me it would be difficult since they’re pretty much wrapped on shooting and that they’d need to do reshoots. He told me he would look at it all and to get all these ideas and points over to someone else or his office and then we’ll go from there.

Anyways, fun little dream and this is my first MoS related dream. I’ve had Superman dreams before and of me flying throughout the city like him but nothing this specific about this movie in particular. Pretty cool.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean

Last edited by JaD; 02-19-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #377
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Was I the only that dreamed about MOS being a total fail?

(It was a nightmare for me)

Old 02-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #378
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
Was I the only that dreamed about MOS being a total fail?

(It was a nightmare for me)
Nope, I did

I have no idea what was so awful about it. My dream wasn't from my POV, it was like I was watching my own reaction. And I could see my face fall, the tears start cascading down my face, then this slow gulp followed by this really depressing slow exit from the cinema.

It was so so horrible

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 02-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #379
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohoo View Post
I'm mean that MoS is supposed to be bigger and more important than any of their previous films, it also got its time and more in development. And if their smaller and less important films never been disappointing in this area, I don't see how MoS is expected to be.

And even if the acting is as average (replaceable) as the Avengers and superhero films in general, it's probably isn't going to matter.
Ah I see.
Thanks for the clarification.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #380
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Nope, I did

I have no idea what was so awful about it. My dream wasn't from my POV, it was like I was watching my own reaction. And I could see my face fall, the tears start cascading down my face, then this slow gulp followed by this really depressing slow exit from the cinema.

It was so so horrible
They say we dream our fears .

Old 02-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #381
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
They say we dream our fears .
Seriously, I don't think it's possible for me to be dissapointed that immediately.

I mean, I left SR absolutely elated. Granted I was a lot younger and less well read on Supes and not as involved in online communities. But it took me a good while to start really recognising my dissapointment. I was too busy swooning over getting a new on screen Supes story at all.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 02-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #382
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
The Ultimate Cut of Watchmen is, in my opinion, the second best comic book movie of all time.
Whereas the Director's Cut of WATCHMEN is the best.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 02-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #383
Zorex
No T, No Shade

I dreamt last night that Hans Zimmer posted a preview of his "Main Theme" from the MOS score on Facebook for free download, and it was terrible. Even worse, I somehow met him and accidentally told him that to his face. All around, it was not a good dream.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #384
dark_b
Side-Kick

i think they should post a preview.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #385
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
I dreamt last night that Hans Zimmer posted a preview of his "Main Theme" from the MOS score on Facebook for free download, and it was terrible. Even worse, I somehow met him and accidentally told him that to his face. All around, it was not a good dream.
Well I can see the first being somewhat true.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 02-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #386
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Well I can see the first being somewhat true.
Yes, sadly enough.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:32 PM   #387
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

People are going to bash that score no matter what it sounds like.
It wont be judged on its merits .
It will be judged for not being The John Williams Score.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #388
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
People are going to bash that score no matter what it sounds like.
It wont be judged on its merits .
It will be judged for not being The John Williams Score.
That's an incredibly cynical and pessimistic remark to make, not to mention it is a poisoning the well logical fallacy.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #389
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Sadly ,I believe it to be true .
I hope that I am wrong .

Old 02-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #390
dark_b
Side-Kick

i demand choir in the main theme. if i hear just for a second the sound of a guitar i am going after Zimmer

Old 02-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #391
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

I would've went with a really unconventional choice. Johnny Greenwood.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #392
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

I have a tin ear when it comes to hearing instuments,Afraid I cant help you there .

Old 02-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #393
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Not familiar with Greenwood.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #394
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Lead guitarist of Radiohead. He now makes really unconventional and offbeat but brilliant music for Paul Thomas Anderson.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #395
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

As far as Scores go, I liked The Captain America Score,
But other than that, I havent heard anything recently that was memorable to me .

Old 02-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #396
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Have abit of faith people this films score will rock

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #397
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I don't think I'll listen to the score before the movie. I'm a bit muscially dense. I absolutely love certain soundtracks, but that's because of the feelings I assosiate them with from watching a film.

I don't think I'd get much from just hearing it without context.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #398
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Oh, well now that you mention it, I Did like the Score for The Master.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #399
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
i demand choir in the main theme. if i hear just for a second the sound of a guitar i am going after Zimmer
As far as I remember JunkieXL did tweet about recording guitars and bass for MOS. And with a bunch of big name rock drummers on it as well, I can't help but wonder what Zimmer has in store for us. Maybe some heavy metal military march for General Zod.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #400
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

I had a dream that Man of Steel was in part black and white and color...the part that was black and white took place at the Daily Planet and Clark was dressed very similar to George Reeves. Weird ass dream....but then it transitions to color and the takeoff scene was featured. I woke up confused

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Closed Thread