The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #11
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
And you give them NO credit. Why you gotta be such a hater?
um..
Quote:
Reality check: you can count on the fingers of one hand the number of people who actually read a first-run MIB or Blade comic book. You can count on the fingers of two hands, plus the toes on half a foot, the number of people who realized that the movies were actually based on comic books.
Ok..Actually you're right. Singer should get some credit but it's going a little overboard in saying (not saying you) that Singer is responsible for this era in Marvel Movies while ignoring the merits of Blade and MIB. Most people at best knew the X-Men from the cartoon and not the comics in reality.. I, personally aren't so down on DOFP but I'm not jaded by him either. He was scared to use costumes where Sam Raimi's Spider-Man embraced it so doesn't he deserve the "First use of a costume" credit?

Also, since the early 2000's the Bar has been raised starting with Iron Man and Fox hasn't shown to me that they met that bar on CBM's. The jury is still out on Fox and Singer..

Quote:
Yeah, "the supporting cast were all mediocre at best": that's why J-Law broke out and turned into an overnight phenomenon, and why she shares Breakout Performance nominations with Zoe Kravitz. Why don't you quit spouting your *opinion* as *facts?*

ZOMG....FACTS based on OPINION.
Its not always the actor. Its the script and production.. For example.. Is Jennifer Lawrence more know from XM-FC or from Hunger Games by the GA?? How about Silver Linings Playbook?? IMO Jennifer Lawrence is doing DOFP because she signed a Multi-Picture Contract and is way smarter then loud mouth Hugo Weaving to complain about it.. So Vaughn did a great job assembling a great cast but the Film it's self fell short. And thats my opinion that someone else may see as fact..

Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote