The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #51
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 798
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
And you give them NO credit. Why you gotta be such a hater?
um..
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Reality check: you can count on the fingers of one hand the number of people who actually read a first-run MIB or Blade comic book. You can count on the fingers of two hands, plus the toes on half a foot, the number of people who realized that the movies were actually based on comic books.
Ok..Actually you're right. Singer should get some credit but it's going a little overboard in saying (not saying you) that Singer is responsible for this era in Marvel Movies while ignoring the merits of Blade and MIB. Most people at best knew the X-Men from the cartoon and not the comics in reality.. I, personally aren't so down on DOFP but I'm not jaded by him either. He was scared to use costumes where Sam Raimi's Spider-Man embraced it so doesn't he deserve the "First use of a costume" credit?

Also, since the early 2000's the Bar has been raised starting with Iron Man and Fox hasn't shown to me that they met that bar on CBM's. The jury is still out on Fox and Singer..


Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, "the supporting cast were all mediocre at best": that's why J-Law broke out and turned into an overnight phenomenon, and why she shares Breakout Performance nominations with Zoe Kravitz. Why don't you quit spouting your *opinion* as *facts?*

ZOMG....FACTS based on OPINION.
Its not always the actor. Its the script and production.. For example.. Is Jennifer Lawrence more know from XM-FC or from Hunger Games by the GA?? How about Silver Linings Playbook?? IMO Jennifer Lawrence is doing DOFP because she signed a Multi-Picture Contract and is way smarter then loud mouth Hugo Weaving to complain about it.. So Vaughn did a great job assembling a great cast but the Film it's self fell short. And thats my opinion that someone else may see as fact..

Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #52
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,749
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
um..


Ok..Actually you're right. Singer should get some credit but it's going a little overboard in saying (not saying you) that Singer is responsible for this era in Marvel Movies while ignoring the merits of Blade and MIB. Most people at best knew the X-Men from the cartoon and not the comics in reality.. I, personally aren't so down on DOFP but I'm not jaded by him either. He was scared to use costumes where Sam Raimi's Spider-Man embraced it so doesn't he deserve the "First use of a costume" credit?

Also, since the early 2000's the Bar has been raised starting with Iron Man and Fox hasn't shown to me that they met that bar on CBM's. The jury is still out on Fox and Singer..
In box-office terms, X-Men outclass (by a large margin) everything Marvel Studios has put out that doesn't feature the words "Iron" or "Avengers" in the title. For that matter, X1 made more money than any DC film that doesn't feature the words "The Dark Knight" in it.

In the box office pantheon of superheroes, it goes:

Avengers
Batman TDK
Spider-Man
Iron Man
Incredibles
X-Men

....and everyone else is well behind that pack.






Quote:
Its not always the actor. Its the script and production.. For example.. Is Jennifer Lawrence more know from XM-FC or from Hunger Games by the GA?? How about Silver Linings Playbook?? IMO Jennifer Lawrence is doing DOFP because she signed a Multi-Picture Contract and is way smarter then loud mouth Hugo Weaving to complain about it.. So Vaughn did a great job assembling a great cast but the Film it's self fell short. And thats my opinion that someone else may see as fact..
Mystique was J-Law's breakout role. She was literally nominated for "Breakout Performance" awards as Mystique, and it's that turn that convinced casting directors to give her the lead in Hunger Games.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #53
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 798
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
In box-office terms, X-Men outclass (by a large margin) everything Marvel Studios has put out that doesn't feature the words "Iron" or "Avengers" in the title. For that matter, X1 made more money than any DC film that doesn't feature the words "The Dark Knight" in it.

In the box office pantheon of superheroes, it goes:

Avengers
Batman TDK
Spider-Man
Iron Man
Incredibles
X-Men

....and everyone else is well behind that pack.
OK so lets use that list.. X-Men while as you say "out classed" all the other MCU films it didn't for 2 of them.. So the point still is that the bar has been raised. Will Fox/Marvel (as a whole) along with Singer meet the challenge?? Jury is still out for Fox- Marvel because XM-FC ( Nor DD, Elektra, FF1 & 2, X-3, XM-OW)didn't make that list either.







Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Mystique was J-Law's breakout role. She was literally nominated for "Breakout Performance" awards as Mystique, and it's that turn that convinced casting directors to give her the lead in Hunger Games.
Actually her break out role was Winters Bone in 2010 where she was nominated for a Oscar for Best Actress.. Fact check!!


Last edited by Dr Tactics; 02-19-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:20 PM   #54
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,507
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

*Reads above conversation. Ignores.*

My guess is we'll see a Planet Hulk movie before we see a Silver Surfer movie.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #55
kedrell
Correction, I AM SWISS!!!
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 17,179
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Personally the Marvel Studios films pretty much saved the genre for me. Back in 2007/early 2008 both Sony & Fox had pretty much wrung any goodwill they ever had with me out with their succession of mediocre-to-lousy Marvel adaptations. Sony & Fox were ruining Marvel's good name and I'm sure that's no small part of why Marvel decided to start making their own movies.

__________________
MCU - $7 billion and counting. Next up: kicking Harry Potter's butt.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #56
Aztec
Side-Kick
 
Aztec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,149
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Personally the Marvel Studios films pretty much saved the genre for me. Back in 2007/early 2008 both Sony & Fox had pretty much wrung any goodwill they ever had with me out with their succession of mediocre-to-lousy Marvel adaptations. Sony & Fox were ruining Marvel's good name and I'm sure that's no small part of why Marvel decided to start making their own movies.
Agreed. Simple and straight to the point.

Also I'll be honest I didn't know MIB was a Marvel property. I thought Blade was the first of the modern comic book movie era? I guess you learn something new everyday!

__________________
Iron Man Captain America Thor Hulk
Black Widow Hawkeye Quicksilver Scarlet Witch Vision
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Superman Batman Wonder Woman
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #57
YoungPrime
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 401
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
And you give them NO credit. Why you gotta be such a hater?
Hate to break it to you but terms like hater are just a cop out.

I gave FOX more then credit I gave them cash to see 8 out of 9 of their comic book films. But today is a new day and the blinders are off so they wont see a penny more of my money for low quality films.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Reality check: you can count on the fingers of one hand the number of people who actually read a first-run MIB or Blade comic book. You can count on the fingers of two hands, plus the toes on half a foot, the number of people who realized that the movies were actually based on comic books.

X-Men was the first real foray into Marvel cinema, based on comic book characters that general audiences actually had heard of, other than some truly abysmal D-grade movies from the 80s and early 90s (Howard the Duck and Dolph Lundgren's Punisher, a DTV Captain America, and a Fantastic Four that thankfully never saw the light of day). *That's* what inspired the current run of movies based on the Marvel comics universe.
Sorry but your reality check has come up NSF! The facts are there clear as day. Blade and Men In Black are Marvel properties PERIOD!

I show you facts and you bring up films that clearly had nothing to do with anything. X-men was the first "known" Marvel comic 2 film to do good box office numbers BUT how did X-men get there????

I'll tell you how...Avi Arad had to pratically beg FOX to take this property while Marvel was on hard times. Why else do you think that Marvel was initially getting a measly 7% of box office returns before they renegotiated it to a whopping 10%?

The wise and all powerful FOX didn't wake up one day and say "Hey, lets give Marvel Fans an X-men film and PRESTO! It was a PROCESS! A reluctant one at that.

Men In Black, unlocked the door...
Blade, gave everyone a peak...
X-men, let everyone know it was cool to enter.

Does that make sense to everyone or does rational thinking still consitute as hating...SMH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, "the supporting cast were all mediocre at best": that's why J-Law broke out and turned into an overnight phenomenon, and why she shares Breakout Performance nominations with Zoe Kravitz. Why don't you quit spouting your *opinion* as *facts?*

ZOMG....FACTS based on OPINION.
Yeah the Oscar nominations for that film have been flying through the roof thanks for putting me in my place...Oh wait, you didn't.

When it comes to grasping at straws I guess me calling out a movie's mediocre supporting cast must mean that said actors will never be able to get other work in films with better scripts.

Who knew...?

YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #58
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick
 
TheHeatKitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,128
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

I vote no and no. No they won't and no they shouldn't.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #59
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,749
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
Hate to break it to you but terms like hater are just a cop out.

I gave FOX more then credit I gave them cash to see 8 out of 9 of their comic book films. But today is a new day and the blinders are off so they wont see a penny more of my money for low quality films.

Sorry but your reality check has come up NSF! The facts are there clear as day. Blade and Men In Black are Marvel properties PERIOD!

I show you facts and you bring up films that clearly had nothing to do with anything. X-men was the first "known" Marvel comic 2 film to do good box office numbers BUT how did X-men get there????

I'll tell you how...Avi Arad had to pratically beg FOX to take this property while Marvel was on hard times. Why else do you think that Marvel was initially getting a measly 7% of box office returns before they renegotiated it to a whopping 10%?

The wise and all powerful FOX didn't wake up one day and say "Hey, lets give Marvel Fans an X-men film and PRESTO! It was a PROCESS! A reluctant one at that.

Men In Black, unlocked the door...
Blade, gave everyone a peak...
X-men, let everyone know it was cool to enter.

Does that make sense to everyone or does rational thinking still consitute as hating...SMH.

Yeah the Oscar nominations for that film have been flying through the roof thanks for putting me in my place...Oh wait, you didn't.

When it comes to grasping at straws I guess me calling out a movie's mediocre supporting cast must mean that said actors will never be able to get other work in films with better scripts.

Who knew...?

...what're you, like, 16 years old....?

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #60
YoungPrime
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 401
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
I vote no and no. No they won't and no they shouldn't.
Agreed!

YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:56 AM   #61
eddy
Side-Kick
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,557
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
...what're you, like, 16 years old....?
You're losing this argument bro and when you resort to childish insults like this it really shows.

__________________
" I want to make the kind of movie that inspires people to say, ‘There should be more movies with Super Heroes in them.’”
-Joss Whedon


AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:26 AM   #62
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 798
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
You're losing this argument bro and when you resort to childish insults like this it really shows.
I think all the Fox defenders should remain in their safe zones which are the FF and X-M forums. Then there will be no arguments about Fox's mistakes because it's inappropriate to trash Fox in its own forum as it's looked upon as trolling and rightfully so.. I don't post on the FF forums. I said my piece and I'm done.. But when the Fox defenders come here then they have to actively defend the indefensible of Fox-Marvel

I look into the FF forums and its quite slow so you come here where all the activity is and Fox gets trashed (also rightfully so) then its like "...what're you, like, 16 years old....? " defeatist comment.

People, my advice is if you want to win a argument every time stay in your forum. You will get no debate victories on the merits of Fox's Marvel movies here.. Period.. Were here watching for the Fox/Marvel (in respect to the Fantastic Four mostly) plane crash and burn and we'll be back there at those forums to tell you so..

Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #63
YoungPrime
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 401
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
I think all the Fox defenders should remain in their safe zones which are the FF and X-M forums. Then there will be no arguments about Fox's mistakes because it's inappropriate to trash Fox in its own forum as it's looked upon as trolling and rightfully so.. I don't post on the FF forums. I said my piece and I'm done.. But when the Fox defenders come here then they have to actively defend the indefensible of Fox-Marvel

I look into the FF forums and its quite slow so you come here where all the activity is and Fox gets trashed (also rightfully so) then its like "...what're you, like, 16 years old....? " defeatist comment.

People, my advice is if you want to win a argument every time stay in your forum. You will get no debate victories on the merits of Fox's Marvel movies here.. Period.. Were here watching for the Fox/Marvel (in respect to the Fantastic Four mostly) plane crash and burn and we'll be back there at those forums to tell you so..
I don't think segregation is the solution at least as far as the FF forum is concerned anyway...

Not long ago I was in a discussion in the FF forum with some of the more level headed FF supporters who don't really care who makes the film just hopes that it's good. Which I can respect that (somewhat) When out of nowhere came one of the more vile FOX supporters who'll troll you then suck up to the mod in charge once he's pulled you into a flame war with him. Thus shutting you or the thread down in the end. Which was usually his goal to begin with...

But this time his actions backfired. Kelly saw his comments for what they were and quickly checked this individual.

Plus there's a "There is still hope the FF will revert" thread in the section as well. So it's not really a FOX Haven as much as it is a "Marvel property" forum. As it should be IMO. Yet a dislike for FOX is seen as dislike for X-men and Wolverine for some twisted reason in other forums.

But till proven otherwise, I think this and the FF forum are a lot less oppressive than others.


Last edited by YoungPrime; 02-20-2013 at 11:59 AM.
YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #64
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 798
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
I don't think segregation is the solution at least as far as the FF forum is concerned anyway...

Not long ago I was in a discussion in the FF forum with some of the more level headed FF supporters who don't really care who makes the film just hopes that it's good. Which I can respect that (somewhat) When out of nowhere came one of the more vile FOX supporters who'll troll you then suck up to the mod in charge once he's pulled you into a flame war with him. Thus shutting you or the thread down in the end. Which was usually his goal to begin with...

But this time his actions backfired. Kelly saw his comments for what they were and quickly checked this individual.

Plus there's a "There is still hope the FF will revert" thread in the section as well. So it's not really a FOX Haven as much as it is a "Marvel property" forum. As it should be IMO. Yet a dislike for FOX is seen as dislike for X-men and Wolverine for some twisted reason in other forums.

But till proven otherwise, I think this and the FF forum are a lot less oppressive than others.
So, in effect they're really aren't people (rather the vile Fox supporters you speak of) that feel valiantly that Fox did no wrong and trash the MCU just to start a flame war? And these debates are just to get under peoples skin and they have no real opinions supporting their views?

Shame.. You live, you learn to then ignore..

Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #65
Zant
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 396
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Personally the Marvel Studios films pretty much saved the genre for me. Back in 2007/early 2008 both Sony & Fox had pretty much wrung any goodwill they ever had with me out with their succession of mediocre-to-lousy Marvel adaptations. Sony & Fox were ruining Marvel's good name and I'm sure that's no small part of why Marvel decided to start making their own movies.
Apparently Marvel studios saved the genre after Batman and Robin killed it. LoL good one

Zant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #66
SlamAdams
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,608
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

I feel like at this point "should?" will always be answered "No!" just so the rights can revert

__________________
Slam Adams at House of Geekery
SlamAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #67
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,749
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
I think all the Fox defenders should remain in their safe zones which are the FF and X-M forums. Then there will be no arguments about Fox's mistakes because it's inappropriate to trash Fox in its own forum as it's looked upon as trolling and rightfully so.. I don't post on the FF forums. I said my piece and I'm done.. But when the Fox defenders come here then they have to actively defend the indefensible of Fox-Marvel

I look into the FF forums and its quite slow so you come here where all the activity is and Fox gets trashed (also rightfully so) then its like "...what're you, like, 16 years old....? " defeatist comment.

People, my advice is if you want to win a argument every time stay in your forum. You will get no debate victories on the merits of Fox's Marvel movies here.. Period.. Were here watching for the Fox/Marvel (in respect to the Fantastic Four mostly) plane crash and burn and we'll be back there at those forums to tell you so..
"Safe zone?" "Safe zone?" What the hell kind of talk is that? It's an open forum....people are free to express dissenting opinions whenever and wherever they like.

And Ell Oh Friggin' Ell at you calling me a "Fox troll" who belongs in "the Fox forums." Wasn't aware that there was segregation on these boards (probably because there isn't, much to your chagrin), but I don't hang out on the "Fox boards." In fact, I hang out 99.9% in all the *Marvel Studios* threads, every last one of them, and you'd damn well know it if you actually went to any of them yourself (come to think of it, I've never seen you in any of the Avenger, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Ant-Man, or Guardians boards).

If it makes you feel any better (it won't), I'm not a big fan of non-Marvel studios in general. Singer did an adequate job with the first two X-films and I understand why he was asked back for DOFP; Vaughn did a great job with XMFC; I think all the Spidey films except #3 were very good, although Lizard was atrocious; I think Daredevil (Director's Cut) is woefully underrated; and I think everything else --- the FF films, the GR films, X3, Spidey 3, XMOW, and Elektra --- sucked ass.

Would it be wonderful to see all Marvel properties back under one roof? You betcha. Feige knows what he's doing. But you know what would happen if they got all their characters back tomorrow? Marvel would still be knocking out TWO FILMS A YEAR, and Feige has even said so. That means that a TON of characters who are currently franchised would go to the backburner and probably never see the light of day again. Cap would have to hang up his shield so that Spidey could join the MCU, the X-Men would push Hulk into oblivion, Thor's run would end to make room for the FF; and other characters who have yet to debut in the MCU would be dropped entirely --- Dr. Strange, Deadpool, Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, Luke Cage, etc. etc. etc.

Is that what you'd prefer? To see Marvel Studios keep churning out just same-ole/same-ole Iron Man, Avengers, Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four and Wolverine films, at the expense of all these other franchises that are trying to get off the ground?

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:40 PM   #68
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: New Jeruz
Posts: 798
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
"Safe zone?" "Safe zone?" What the hell kind of talk is that? It's an open forum....people are free to express dissenting opinions whenever and wherever they like.

And Ell Oh Friggin' Ell at you calling me a "Fox troll" who belongs in "the Fox forums." Wasn't aware that there was segregation on these boards (probably because there isn't, much to your chagrin), but I don't hang out on the "Fox boards." In fact, I hang out 99.9% in all the *Marvel Studios* threads, every last one of them, and you'd damn well know it if you actually went to any of them yourself (come to think of it, I've never seen you in any of the Avenger, Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Ant-Man, or Guardians boards).

If it makes you feel any better (it won't), I'm not a big fan of non-Marvel studios in general. Singer did an adequate job with the first two X-films and I understand why he was asked back for DOFP; Vaughn did a great job with XMFC; I think all the Spidey films except #3 were very good, although Lizard was atrocious; I think Daredevil (Director's Cut) is woefully underrated; and I think everything else --- the FF films, the GR films, X3, Spidey 3, XMOW, and Elektra --- sucked ass.

Would it be wonderful to see all Marvel properties back under one roof? You betcha. Feige knows what he's doing. But you know what would happen if they got all their characters back tomorrow? Marvel would still be knocking out TWO FILMS A YEAR, and Feige has even said so. That means that a TON of characters who are currently franchised would go to the backburner and probably never see the light of day again. Cap would have to hang up his shield so that Spidey could join the MCU, the X-Men would push Hulk into oblivion, Thor's run would end to make room for the FF; and other characters who have yet to debut in the MCU would be dropped entirely --- Dr. Strange, Deadpool, Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, Luke Cage, etc. etc. etc.

Is that what you'd prefer? To see Marvel Studios keep churning out just same-ole/same-ole Iron Man, Avengers, Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four and Wolverine films, at the expense of all these other franchises that are trying to get off the ground?
well when you say...

Quote:
In box-office terms, X-Men outclass (by a large margin) everything Marvel Studios has put out that doesn't feature the words "Iron" or "Avengers" in the title. For that matter, X1 made more money than any DC film that doesn't feature the words "The Dark Knight" in it.
and say..
Quote:
Mystique was J-Law's breakout role. She was literally nominated for "Breakout Performance" awards as Mystique, and it's that turn that convinced casting directors to give her the lead in Hunger Games.
I kinda put you I that category though your clearly not that jaded. Sometimes I talk to people but talk past people sometimes.. Anyway. People seem to think when Feige was speaking on 2 movies a year due to the fear of saturation that he wasn't taking the other studios in consideration.. Marvel is with Disney so in the words of Jay Z "Money Aint A Thang". If they had all their characters then they at least do three movies a year..

Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #69
kedrell
Correction, I AM SWISS!!!
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 17,179
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zant View Post
Apparently Marvel studios saved the genre after Batman and Robin killed it. LoL good one
Well I was only speaking for myself and in that same spirit, B&R being bad had no effect on me the way all the bad-to-mediocre Marvel adaptions from 1998-early 2008 did. Mainly because I thought ALL the first 4 Batman movies were bad along with the last 2 Superman movies of the 80's. But none of that mattered much to me since they were all adaptions of characters and lore from DC comics which I have never been a fan of or given much of a **** about(especially Batman whom I found to be incredibly boring until Batman Begins came along). But with the early Marvel stuff I at least was familiar with it all even if they weren't the Marvel characters I was a fan of so seeing them get badly represented had more of an effect on me.

__________________
MCU - $7 billion and counting. Next up: kicking Harry Potter's butt.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #70
eddy
Side-Kick
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,557
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

I know what you mean Kedrell. After Spider-Man 2, arguably the best superhero film to date at the time, there was nothing but a stream of crap from marvel adaptions until Iron Man debuted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Marvel_Comics

Every single film between SM2 and IM was awful. So yes, in a way...Marvel Studios did save the genre.

__________________
" I want to make the kind of movie that inspires people to say, ‘There should be more movies with Super Heroes in them.’”
-Joss Whedon


AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:44 PM   #71
kedrell
Correction, I AM SWISS!!!
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 17,179
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Yeah, pretty much the only good superhero film released in those 4 in between years was Batman Begins. Sony & Fox(and New Line) between them released 7 films in those 4 years and every one was bad. I might not think the first 2 Spidey & X-Men films(and the first two Blade films) were anything great but they at least managed to keep the genre moving forward somewhat with decent entries. But after SM2 it's like whatever creative mojo they had was spent and then they were just going through the motions.

__________________
MCU - $7 billion and counting. Next up: kicking Harry Potter's butt.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:58 PM   #72
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games
 
blalex620's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 753
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
I know what you mean Kedrell. After Spider-Man 2, arguably the best superhero film to date at the time, there was nothing but a stream of crap from marvel adaptions until Iron Man debuted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Marvel_Comics

Every single film between SM2 and IM was awful. So yes, in a way...Marvel Studios did save the genre.
Have to nicely disagree (don't want to be flamed lol) but it was the best until TDK came out

blalex620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #73
YoungPrime
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 401
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
"Safe zone?" "Safe zone?" What the hell kind of talk is that? It's an open forum....people are free to express dissenting opinions whenever and wherever they like.
That sounds like a great concept but trust me it isn't always that way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I think Daredevil (Director's Cut) is woefully underrated;
I agree, it did make more sense then what was shown in theaters. But that's more FOX's fault for dropping the ball on this film in the editing room than it is the general audience sleeping on a good movie.

YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #74
YoungPrime
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 401
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Would it be wonderful to see all Marvel properties back under one roof? You betcha. Feige knows what he's doing. But you know what would happen if they got all their characters back tomorrow? Marvel would still be knocking out TWO FILMS A YEAR, and Feige has even said so. That means that a TON of characters who are currently franchised would go to the backburner and probably never see the light of day again. Cap would have to hang up his shield so that Spidey could join the MCU, the X-Men would push Hulk into oblivion, Thor's run would end to make room for the FF; and other characters who have yet to debut in the MCU would be dropped entirely --- Dr. Strange, Deadpool, Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, Luke Cage, etc. etc. etc.

Is that what you'd prefer? To see Marvel Studios keep churning out just same-ole/same-ole Iron Man, Avengers, Spider-Man, X-Men, Fantastic Four and Wolverine films, at the expense of all these other franchises that are trying to get off the ground?
OBJECTION! This is clearly speculation...LOL

Even with the rights being scattered all over the place, there's only been an average of 3 Marvel films a year.

Lets ask FOX if Hell's Kitchen (Daredevil) and placing things on back burners (not meeting the deadline with 7 years time) have anything in common since this strategy was just as ridiculous when Millar tried preaching it.

FOX barely does one Marvel film a year with more than half of the films they've spoke of in development hell or reverted back to Marvel. Sony made 2 films last year but one (Ghost Rider) was so horrible that no one really remembers it or bothered to see it. And Amazing Spider-man has the lowest US box office numbers of any Spider-man film under Sony to date.

Whereas Marvel Studios clearly breaks down what they're going to do and despite some issues they actually see them all through with great payoff!

Now just because Feige confirm on giving us 2 films a year.... an amount that's still 2 thirds of the Marvel films we get per year anyway, mind you. Doesn't mean that the number is etched in stone.

If Marvel's success continues and there were to get the rights back from say... FOX. Then I see no reason why they wouldn't be able to up the ante to 3 a year, which again is the current average.

It insults readers intelligence to sit here and use FOX (where's Magneto, Surfer and Dead pool?) and Sony's (Where's Venom?) bad business practices on Marvel films to speculate on what Marvel Studios might do if they had those rights. Especially when when none of there actions have been nearly as bad.


Last edited by YoungPrime; 02-21-2013 at 11:39 AM.
YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #75
YoungPrime
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 401
Default Re: Do you think Fox will/should make a Silver Surfer film?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tactics View Post
Anyway. People seem to think when Feige was speaking on 2 movies a year due to the fear of saturation that he wasn't taking the other studios in consideration.. Marvel is with Disney so in the words of Jay Z "Money Aint A Thang". If they had all their characters then they at least do three movies a year..
Which again is the average amount of Marvel films releasing per year anyway...

FOX and SONY have been wasting away more Marvel projects than Marvel has and that's despite having more time to develop them.

Huh, I bet we'll see a Black Panther film by Marvel before we see a Silver Surfer film by FOX let alone a quality SS film which is the more the point.

Why are people hanging on to FOX and Sony keeping these properties when films like Ghost Rider: SOV are still getting the green light and Deadpool doesn't have one at all???

YoungPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.