Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 11:18 PM   #301
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: My Team is Better Than Your Team! - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
The Nets should have stayed in NJ. Noone cares about them in NYC.I'm here and all the stations talk about is the Knicks. Brooklyn gets almost 0 coverage here and I'm not kidding. They have alienated their NJ fans for a few Brooklyn fans. They beat Milwaukee at the buzzer and noone cares.
A good reason for this is the inconsistent play, no matter what uniform or arena they're in. D-Will is the number one culprit. Prior to going to the Nets, he was my top pick for PG in the league. He got the better of CP3 anytime they played head up, and he was able to rebound & post with 2-guards at a whim. I don't know if he's hurt, the coaching, or whatever the case, but ever since he wound up with the Nets he's been close to horrible, by his standards.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 02-19-2013, 11:34 PM   #302
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
The Nets should have stayed in NJ. Noone cares about them in NYC.I'm here and all the stations talk about is the Knicks. Brooklyn gets almost 0 coverage here and I'm not kidding. They have alienated their NJ fans for a few Brooklyn fans. They beat Milwaukee at the buzzer and noone cares.
If they had the best record in the East, people would be all over that bandwagon.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-19-2013, 11:46 PM   #303
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
If they had the best record in the East, people would be all over that bandwagon.
This.

I'd say they've already drawn a bigger fanbase than their Jersey days, simply because now they are in NY and all of the Anti-Knick fans, Knick-haters, and former disappointed Knicks fans have jumped over to the fresher team. But like I said at the start of the season, the team is still the same, only with a few additions that helped them early on, but until they start winning consistently and prove they are serious contenders, they won't be taking over the city that easily. Not to mention, the Knicks are having their best season in a long time, so people are still keeping an eye on them.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:24 AM   #304
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
People already are. I know no one in Brooklyn, let alone NY who was a Nets fan before the move. I have friends who didn't even care about basketball start to 'like' them only because they moved here. Best record or not the Knicks will always be the only NY team in my book.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:29 AM   #305
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Lakers need to trade Dwight. Not only is he a gigantic man-child and doesn't have the competitive mentality needed to enforce his will as a center, he's not the type of big man that's going to get you a championship. They keep talking about how he's going to be the cornerstone of the franchise going forward like that's a good thing. We've seen what it takes to make Dwight effective and it sucks too much out of everyone else's game and is just not going to work with any other dynamic player on the floor. Either Dwight's performance is going to suffer or the wing player's is going to suffer. The thing about Shaq was that he was a real, dominate big man who went to work in the post almost exclusively. Dwight is not going dominate the post like that and is much more of a P&R big man. This is why Andrew Bynum would be better if not for his knees and effort.

Back to the point though, the Lakers are making a huge mistake in building around Dwight. The best they can do is Orlando 2.0.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #306
L.A.
Side-Kick

Gregg Popovich reportedly yelled several curse words at Dwight Howard during Sunday's All-Star Game, according to sources.

Popovich drew up a play for Howard during a timeout, but he was in his warmups not paying attention and socializing.

Howard's lack of focus has been alluded to by Kobe Bryant and others during his tenure with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Via Stephen A. Smith/ESPN

Old 02-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #307
steintym
Stay Frosty

At this point, I'm not even sure what the Lakers would get for Howard. There will always be a team interested in 7-footer like him, but he's quickly becoming someone teams will leary about touching.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #308
Mr. Dent
Banned User

He's not even a 7 footer. He's barely 6''10'. He's close to 6''9' really. I keep saying trade him to Houston for Parsons and Asik or Brooklyn for Lopez.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #309
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Rockets vs OKC was amazing. The Rockets are going to be very special in a couple years.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #310
Mister J
El Jefe en Púrpura
SHH! Global Moderator

Career high 46 pts, 14-19 (7-8 from 3), 11-12 FT, 8 rebs, 6 assts. Revenge of the Beard.

Not a damn bit of defense to be found. How the **** does Sefolosha go for 28?

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.

Last edited by Mister J; 02-20-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #311
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Because they were too busy shutting KD down. Only scored 16 points.

That said, the Rockets biggest flaw is their defense. If they could learn defense, they would be a scary team in the West. I'm really seeing them as a 2-3 seed in a couple years. If they get a real post player then they will be real contenders.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #312
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. View Post
Gregg Popovich reportedly yelled several curse words at Dwight Howard during Sunday's All-Star Game, according to sources.

Popovich drew up a play for Howard during a timeout, but he was in his warmups not paying attention and socializing.

Howard's lack of focus has been alluded to by Kobe Bryant and others during his tenure with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Via Stephen A. Smith/ESPN
Pop curses out all his players

Old 02-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #313
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Dwight was probably crying afterwards though.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #314
Mister J
El Jefe en Púrpura
SHH! Global Moderator

From what I'm gathering about Durant, he was too busy trying to play point forward and couldn't facilitate and look to score seamlessly. I only saw the last 3 minutes or so when he jacked a few 3s. 13 shots all night? Did Otis Thorpe show up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Dwight was probably crying afterwards though.
If by crying, you mean laughing, sure.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.

Last edited by Mister J; 02-20-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:34 PM   #315
fanboiii
disciple of truth

The Knicks had an embarrassing game against the Pacers

Old 02-21-2013, 12:28 AM   #316
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Yes they did. Mike Woodson is making some bone headed coaching decisions lately, including this small lineup when they are being killed on the boards, and not playing Copeland. I can't believe we didn't go for Phil Jackson.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #317
JaD
Thriller Night

Someone needs to make a .gif of Kobe taking a charge last night, I'd never seen that before

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Old 02-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #318
L.A.
Side-Kick

The Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Clippers have reconvened on a trade involving Kevin Garnett.

The Celtics are seeking Eric Bledsoe and DeAndre Jordan for Garnett.

There is internal dissent within the Clippers on the wisdom of making such a short-term trade.

Garnett would also have to approve the deal.

Via Steve Bulpett/Boston Herald

Old 02-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #319
steintym
Stay Frosty

Some games Garnett sure doesn't look like he has much left in the tank ...

Old 02-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #320
BatSpider
Not an S

Uhhhhhhhhmmmm...?

Harden>Westbrook ?

Old 02-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #321
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Yes

Old 02-21-2013, 02:32 PM   #322
JaD
Thriller Night

Juicy Fruit Gum > Westbrook

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Old 02-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #323
L.A.
Side-Kick

Kobe Bryant thinks the Los Angeles Lakers will finish the second half of the season strong and qualify for the postseason.

“It's not a question of if we make the playoffs,” Bryant said after a 1-for-8 shooting night against Phoenix on Feb. 12. “We will. And when we get there, I have no fear of anyone -- Oklahoma City, San Antonio, Denver ... whoever. I have zero nervousness about that.”

The Lakers are 3.5 games out of the final spot in the Western Conference, with a tough schedule the rest of the way.

Bryant said there is a strong belief in the Lakers’ locker room that the playoffs are not out of reach.

“I'm not talking about just me,” he said. “Us as a group. We will make the playoffs. And we will compete. And part of the reason I have that confidence is the Miami game [a 107-97 loss in Miami on Feb. 10]. We had control of the game. That was no fluke. We were playing very, very well. We were reading the defense, making the extra pass. OK, they have two great players [LeBron James and Dwayne Wade] who scored eight straight buckets and took control of the game. But we were right there. We can do it."

Via Jack McCallum/Sports Illustrated

Old 02-21-2013, 04:34 PM   #324
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Well, what would you expect him to say?

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #325
Anubis
Sup?

"This seasons a wash. I'm gonna go ahead and try to break Wilt's record before it's over. May as well make something of this waste of a f**kin' season."

Closed Thread