The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 01:36 AM   #51
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate

A Manip I made after....well I can't remember the last time I made one...but to make up for the video that I can't share, here is something I can share that I did in photoshop...

Old 02-19-2013, 01:39 AM   #52
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I really liked Famke Janssen in the original trilogy, though her character wasn't given as much to do as what her story arc warranted. I don't know if I want her to return though. She died twice in these movies already, for her to be back again as anything other than a flashback is an overkill IMO.

Cyclops... well the original movies didn't really do much to make me care about him. I had an impression that on one hand they wanted to create a rivalry between him and Logan, but on the other hand they didn't want him to be a real threat to either Logan or to the Logan/Jean romance. I felt that there was absolutely no zing to Jean/Scott as a couple.
It is over-kill.

People think it would be great to see the original gang complete and kicking ass. But seriously, its not gonna make the story any better! The cast is already huge, they are introducing time travel, they are mixing the cast of OT and FC and their death in the previous movies would just look really pointless. And even if they plan to bring them back, this isn't the right timing.

Then if they go with introducing the younger version of Cyclops and Jean. I don't think those 2 would get enough character development/proper introduction because the cast of the Original trilogy is also in the movie. Plus there would be a debate/discussion again if they retcon the younger Jean Grey that we saw in X3/the younger Cyclops that we saw in Origins. Its just gonna be a mess!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 02-19-2013, 02:12 AM   #53
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I agree. To bring back Jean would create an entierly different story all together. Even bringing back Cyclops would mean they would have to spend some time with him getting to grips with his death/ the events of X3. Considering neither were in DOFP to begin with, I think it would be pointless.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:40 AM   #54
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Famke Janssen must be on X-Men days of future past,this movie need a strong women.She's perfect for this,Halle & Rebecca too.
At the moment we only have girls ,we love the X-men divas.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #55
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

It's true. I'm not a Halle fan, but I really don't appreciate that it seems they may have axed all the 40+ yr old women from the franchise. Some of the younger X-women are cute and all but they are not in the same league as this beautiful trio (Famke, Halle, and Rebecca). The younger X-women are more just girls next door.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #56
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Totally agree!The strongest and most beautiful women in the trilogy are being discriminated.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #57
summers1055
Side-Kick

The argument that Scott and Jean are dead is getting tired. The professor lost his entire body, it disintegrated after facing Jean and then at the end of the Last Stand, his mind inhabited another body which is what he was lecturing to his students about in the beginning of the movie. So if Xavier could have his old body no questions asked, Scott and Jean could MOST DEF come back. I know people haven't watched last stand numerous times but watch it again, Xavier's old body was destroyed and all that was left was his mind which inhabited another body. This argument is weak for not bringing back Cyclops or Jean for that matter. COME ON LET'S GET SOME SUPPORT HERE.....or do you wanna see another wolverine focused movie even though he already has his own movie coming out again. We need Cyclops in this movie to bring the movie franchise forward.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #58
Angamb
Banned User

love the first pic, hadnt seen it before

each time I see a pic of this couple, I have the feeling I didnt see enough scenes from them on the trilogy.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #59
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post
Totally agree!The strongest and most beautiful women in the trilogy are being discriminated.
I say they will probally bring back Rebecca Romijn.

Famke Janssen Is my favorate X-Men actress but I just don't see her In this film since Last Stand Isn't being outright Ignored.

Halle Berry's return depends on rather there Is room for Storm In film version.Remember they have Xavier,Magneto,Wolverine,Rogue,and Kitty to service In future part of film.If Storm Is In film don't expect much more focus than she had In X-Men or X2.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:27 PM   #60
flavio_lebeau
Side-Kick

As much as I love both characters and actors...I don't want them back.

1. They're not part of the original story.
2. They're dead.
3. Jean has died twice.
4. Their young versions would cause major confusion due to them already being introduced when Charles was older.

There's just no plausible reason for them to be back other than wishful thinking. I'd rather wait for a reboot. It hurts me because I LOVE Famke and James, and I'd love to see them done right, and I will forever be bitter about Jean's and Cyclops' fates in this franchise, but this is not the time. The film already has way too much to deal with.

PLUS, Bryan saying "thanks Brett Ratner for letting them live!" sugests to me he's not touching the dead characters. Except for Professor, obviously.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #61
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Much as I'd like to see them back as well I just cant see it for this one.

If the future is post X3 then both are dead. Xavier coming back is one thing, as they at least put the post credits mind-swap thing in at the end of X3, but both of the other 2 major deaths being undone as well?

Unlikely. Even if the future is an alternate one, where anything from X3 doesn't matter, I would still think it unlikely as they were not in the original story in any event.

So that leaves the past. Again not likely: Both are simply too young to have been around in 1973 (they'd be infants at the most, though more likely not even born yet).

Only way to have them in the past is to ignore the obvious time period the original trilogy was set in (more or less contemporary, leaning towards 'near future') and take it all back at least 10 to 15 years.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #62
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i think jean could be brought back in a way similar to Xavier after the way she was killed in X3, but as for cyclops well you would need a really clever way to bring him back so its not like brian is saying to the audience haha you thought he was dead? naah we just wanted you to think that but really this happened ect ect

they could maybe set up a new timeline where neither jean or scott were killed but then that would be like a restart which is quite a risky thing for brian and Fox to do with this franchise

Old 02-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #63
Donut
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Or instead if Scott dying he was sent to the future where future Scott is dead ? It would help tie it all up etc

Old 02-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #64
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

I want them back. Point. Blank.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:31 PM   #65
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

Me too. I'd do anything for Jean.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:03 PM   #66
BMM
Side-Kick

Good lord, keep them dead. As much as I like Cyclops and Jean, they need only return once the dystopian future has been stopped and the events leading up to it have been changed.

Last edited by BMM; 02-19-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #67
lancimouspitt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers1055 View Post
Cyclops is an amazing character with tons of depth......if they do not find a way to bring back Cyclops in this epic XMEN film since he was taken out so ridiculously and OFFSCREEN MIND YOU, I do not think I can bring myself to see X-Men: Days of Future Past. It would be too much of a slap in a face to us as fans. Cyclops is the leader, James Marsden was awesome in the role and you have the perfect opportunity to bring our favorite octic blasting mutant back to the forefront. I am a true fan of all of your work Bryan but I would feel UTTERLY betrayed if you do not bring this iconic character back to finally have a great moment to SHINE. I do not think I am alone in this, HE IS NEEDED FOR THIS FILM. I think I am gonna pass if we do not get the leader back.

The X-Men movies never really did follow the comics or the original storyline. The best proof you will ever need would be X-Men First Class in which NONE of the original members of the team were to be found (Cyclops, Beast, Jean Grey, Angel, etc) was it a great movie still? Yes. Did it follow the comic line? No But there are limits to what you can get away with....having an X-Men movie of this this epic magnitude which is supposed to bring the series forward without Cyclops the leader of the X-Men would insult our intelligence as fans, he died off screen as I said and Rogue is back with her powers fully and xavier will be in his old body which was pulverized might as well bring Voldermort back in harry potter lol. Now I am over joyed that you are changing Last Stand for the definite better but this would most def NEED to include bringing Cyclops Back to the team. It's like having an avengers movie without Iron Man. Wolverine has been done to death and he's getting his own movie and now we know he has a large role in this movie, if cyclops is nowhere to be found, I will be nowhere to be found in the theater but I don't expect for you to let me down Bryan. BRING CYCLOPS BACK!!!

YOUR GREAT FAN,
Chris
Well said. Though I would say no Cyke is like having no Captain America.
I think Captain A in Avengers is probably the best on screen version of Cyke we've seen. Which is bitterly sad,yet funny all the same.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #68
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

As much as I want them back I can't come up with a single feasible reason how they can do it without it looking/sounding stupid. I mean, it'd be such a stretch to bring both of them back--at least in the future. They'd have to come up with some pretty corny-ass excuse considering all that was done in X3.

(Not that this franchise is not above silly reasonings, like the one Charles Xavier used in X3..."The only explanation is that Jean's body must've wrapped itself in a cocoon of telekinetic energy.")

Old 02-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #69
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

I've been playing with it....

I added Scott...Not much to it than that

Old 02-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #70
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath View Post
Is there anyway around the blocking?? I want to share it with all of you. *cries*
It's not a technical problem, it was blocked because you were using copyrighted material. You won't be able to post it.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:09 PM   #71
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I don't care how it's done. I just want Cyclops back and some justice done to the character. I want Jean back too, but Cyclops for me is the priority.

And I want to see him take out Sentinels.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #72
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Also, how about we keep the manips to a minimum, since this thread is meant for character and plot discussion. Thanks.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #73
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
As much as I want them back I can't come up with a single feasible reason how they can do it without it looking/sounding stupid. I mean, it'd be such a stretch to bring both of them back--at least in the future. They'd have to come up with some pretty corny-ass excuse considering all that was done in X3.

(Not that this franchise is not above silly reasonings, like the one Charles Xavier used in X3..."The only explanation is that Jean's body must've wrapped itself in a cocoon of telekinetic energy.")
Well, I admit that Jean is a tricky one, but with the Phoenix itself you kinda have the key right there to bring her back and attribute it to an aspect of the Phoenix. You could just say that Magneto and Prof. X actually got it wrong and the Phoenix is more than just a split personality that takes Jeans power cap off (which was just stupid itself imo) and have her be something similar to what the comics say she is.

However, I think Cyclops is easy to bring back with much less handwavey shenanigans going on. It was an onscreen death and all we really hear from Jean is "I think I killed Scott". Much easier to say "no. It turns out he was in a coma in a hospital somewhere" or something like that.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 02-19-2013, 11:55 PM   #74
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post
IMO, looks doesn't have to be a major reason why they need to return these beautiful women like Rebecca Romijn and Famke Jannsen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I don't care how it's done. I just want Cyclops back and some justice done to the character. I want Jean back too, but Cyclops for me is the priority.

And I want to see him take out Sentinels.
Do you also care that bringing those 2 back could affect DOFP's quality and then if the finished product included Jean and Cyclops, people would start whining that the movie had too much characters, too many subplots, that Jean and especially Cyclops didn't get to shine again because the plot of the movie doesn't have anything do with them, they just brought them back so the original gang is complete in the movie and to fight with Sentinels. Some characters have got to go especially the ones who already died in the past. They are already resurrecting Patrick Stewart's Prof X. Resurrecting Jean and Cyclops is just gonna be too much for the film.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-20-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:07 AM   #75
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Do you also care that bringing those 2 back could affect DOFP's quality
No, of course not. Why would you ask such a silly question?

Closed Thread