The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #701
Uncanny1
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bornot2b View Post
Are you guys ready for some spoilers? I happen to have some inside knowledge and I would not have released this info just yet if you guys were close to guessing certain things in the movie's plot, but I'm not seeing anyone here who's even come close to answering some of the movie's most mind-boggling scenes. So here we go:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

---
---
---
---
---
1) The Mandarins AVENGERS Tattoo explained: Remember the end of the avengers when people were getting their faces painted and getting tattos all over the world? How come nobody ever though about that? jezus, its not that hard to fiqure out. He got it so he could act like he's a fan of the avengers as a disguise to get close to tony. Being one the the films most comedic acts done by kingsley, Happy Hogan gets tricked to thinking he's just a fan that really wanted to meet tony just so he could infiltrate his house and plant some tech into his suit. DUH! BOOM Major spoiler! This will also explain alot of the other spoilers i'm about to give you.

2) The Mandarins Rings: They're actually enhanced technical remote devices that have a more advanced version of the extremis virus made specifically for him by Aldrich Killian who was working for him all along. Aldrich Killian was selling tech to the terrorists in the way Tony never wanted to do in the First movie. AGAIN, really? really? You guys couldn't even figure that out?
The rings allow the mandarin to control sophisticated equipment using his rings in conjunction with the extremis virus, including tony's suit that was sabotaged and thus tossed tony around like a rag-doll , thats why he looked so beat up.

3) Tony makes a compilation suit out of all his last armors in a way to technically confuse the Mandarins rings so that he couldn't access and control any-one-part of his suit since tony mixed them up so randomly, giving him the advantage to beat the mandarin WHILE attacking his minions with an army of 40 other suits all controlled by a newly hacked and modified version of extremis virus that Maya Hansen fixed inside tony's body. (yes, she turned on killian after she found out he was working for terrorists, plus had feelings for tony) This of course was after the events of Iron Mans defeat by the Mandarin earlier in the movie. BOOM another spoiler.

4) Pepper Pots "kinda" becomes the rescue, only because while the big last fight takes place, tony uses his mind to telepathically summon pieces of one the the 40 armors to her body while she was being held captive by Aldrich killian. She then break lose with the armor and kicks killians ass.

Thats all for now....just can't figure why no one's figured this stuff out yet..
What do War Machine do in this movie? Fight? Any tag team action with Iron Man?

Is Stephanie Szostak the Wasp or the Scarlet Witch?

Old 02-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #702
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

lol.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 02-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #703
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncanny1 View Post
Venom.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #704
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Venom.
Not true.
But if you look real close at the reflection in her eye in the clip from the trailer, you can see a mystery villain whose identity I am not at liberty to divulge, for fear of Marvel Snipers

(but here's a hint: his name rhymes with "Park Slide")

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #705
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Not true.
But if you look real close at the reflection in her eye in the clip from the trailer, you can see a mystery villain whose identity I am not at liberty to divulge, for fear of Marvel Snipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmboy View Post
So the Mandarin is not the main villain, but being reduced to merely a supporting henchman/sidekick??

I do hope they give him decent screentimes and lines though.
That kind of would just make him Bane.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 02-03-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #706
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Not true.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #707
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
Also has aviator sunglasses. See, that's why I think he's going to have various looks. It's almost like the sunglasses and T-Shirt were part of some disguise. Maybe he poses as a veteran? Then he ties his hair back, takes off the glasses and dons the robe.
I think they're just trying to evoke the look of a militant living on the fringe of society without a lot of money. Kind of like how you would see Cossack rebels fighting against the Soviet Union wearing T-shirts with soviet logos simply because they were the clothes they could get their hands on. He's wearing a novelty T-shirt because it's clothing he's got access to. I think that'll be the reason.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #708
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

One nitpick that's been gnawing at me.

Is Mandarin illiterate, or are the trailer editors just doing awkward splicing?

"Heroes...there is no such thing."

No, Mandy. There ARE no such things. ThingS.

Is his English really that bad? I don't think so. I'm thinking this now famous quote is just bad splicing for the trailer. Either that, or imma hafta go Grammar Nazi upside Mandy's head

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #709
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:

Is his English really that bad? I don't think so. I'm thinking this now famous quote is just bad splicing for the trailer. Either that, or imma hafta go Grammar Nazi upside Mandy's head
Are people of Asian descent who lean English illiterate? No of course not, but they can lean the language, but it's harder to lean the dialect.

There's alot of people I work with who have H1B visas that know the language, but don't have the dialect perfected and you have to interpret what they are trying to say. That doesn't make them illiterate.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Old 02-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #710
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:

Oh boy

Old 02-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #711
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Are you guys ready for some spoilers? I happen to have some inside knowledge and I would not have released this info just yet if you guys were close to guessing certain things in the movie's plot, but I'm not seeing anyone here who's even come close to answering some of the movie's most mind-boggling scenes. So here we go:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

---
---
---
---
---
1) The Mandarins AVENGERS Tattoo explained: Remember the end of the avengers when people were getting their faces painted and getting tattos all over the world? How come nobody ever though about that? jezus, its not that hard to fiqure out. He got it so he could act like he's a fan of the avengers as a disguise to get close to tony. Being one the the films most comedic acts done by kingsley, Happy Hogan gets tricked to thinking he's just a fan that really wanted to meet tony just so he could infiltrate his house and plant some tech into his suit. DUH! BOOM Major spoiler! This will also explain alot of the other spoilers i'm about to give you.

2) The Mandarins Rings: They're actually enhanced technical remote devices that have a more advanced version of the extremis virus made specifically for him by Aldrich Killian who was working for him all along. Aldrich Killian was selling tech to the terrorists in the way Tony never wanted to do in the First movie. AGAIN, really? really? You guys couldn't even figure that out?
The rings allow the mandarin to control sophisticated equipment using his rings in conjunction with the extremis virus, including tony's suit that was sabotaged and thus tossed tony around like a rag-doll , thats why he looked so beat up.

3) Tony makes a compilation suit out of all his last armors in a way to technically confuse the Mandarins rings so that he couldn't access and control any-one-part of his suit since tony mixed them up so randomly, giving him the advantage to beat the mandarin WHILE attacking his minions with an army of 40 other suits all controlled by a newly hacked and modified version of extremis virus that Maya Hansen fixed inside tony's body. (yes, she turned on killian after she found out he was working for terrorists, plus had feelings for tony) This of course was after the events of Iron Mans defeat by the Mandarin earlier in the movie. BOOM another spoiler.

4) Pepper Pots "kinda" becomes the rescue, only because while the big last fight takes place, tony uses his mind to telepathically summon pieces of one the the 40 armors to her body while she was being held captive by Aldrich killian. She then break lose with the armor and kicks killians ass.

Thats all for now....just can't figure why no one's figured this stuff out yet..
^
Wow,this movie will br horrible if this is true.Why can't Mandarin's rings have powers.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #712
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

---
---
---
---
---

WE GET IT... Damn dude

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 02-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #713
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:

That has nothing to do with illiteracy. That's not even particularly bad english. There are native english speakers who talk that way from time to time.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 02-20-2013, 02:08 AM   #714
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:

It's provocativeeee!

Old 02-20-2013, 05:46 AM   #715
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
It's provocativeeee!
It gets the people going!

Old 02-20-2013, 05:48 AM   #716
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncanny1 View Post
What do War Machine do in this movie? Fight? Any tag team action with Iron Man?

A little late to be responding to this but Szostak is Bethany Cabe. I don't know why they're keeping that a secret. Maybe they just forgot to announce it and nobody has cared enough to ask her.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:52 AM   #717
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
A little late to be responding to this but Szostak is Bethany Cabe. I don't know why they're keeping that a secret. Maybe they just forgot to announce it and nobody has cared enough to ask her.
Has there been confirmation of that?

Old 02-20-2013, 05:56 AM   #718
Mr. Dent
Banned User

No it's from that spoiler thread on /co/.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #719
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!

Quote:

l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Old 02-22-2013, 06:24 AM   #720
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Two Versions of the Ben Kingsley/Mandarin poster.

[/QUOTE]

Old 02-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #721
CrypticOne
Beautiful Chaos

So dope.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:43 AM   #722
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
No it's from that spoiler thread on /co/.
Exactly.

Far from a credible source.

Someone like Roger Wardell is probably more credible.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #723
Victarion
Cut

Is Wardell the guy who leaks BS? The name sounds familiar; I think he's the one who said Fin-Fang-Foom is in the movie.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #724
Nathan

Would be cool if he's in the Movie and looked exactly like this. Btw, did they ever finish the comic?

Old 02-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #725
J.Howlett

What is that?! The Hip Hop version of the Mandarian? Marvel thinks it can get away with anything. That poster is horrible yet supremely funny at the same time.

Closed Thread