The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #701
Uncanny1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 67
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bornot2b View Post
Are you guys ready for some spoilers? I happen to have some inside knowledge and I would not have released this info just yet if you guys were close to guessing certain things in the movie's plot, but I'm not seeing anyone here who's even come close to answering some of the movie's most mind-boggling scenes. So here we go:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

---
---
---
---
---
1) The Mandarins AVENGERS Tattoo explained: Remember the end of the avengers when people were getting their faces painted and getting tattos all over the world? How come nobody ever though about that? jezus, its not that hard to fiqure out. He got it so he could act like he's a fan of the avengers as a disguise to get close to tony. Being one the the films most comedic acts done by kingsley, Happy Hogan gets tricked to thinking he's just a fan that really wanted to meet tony just so he could infiltrate his house and plant some tech into his suit. DUH! BOOM Major spoiler! This will also explain alot of the other spoilers i'm about to give you.

2) The Mandarins Rings: They're actually enhanced technical remote devices that have a more advanced version of the extremis virus made specifically for him by Aldrich Killian who was working for him all along. Aldrich Killian was selling tech to the terrorists in the way Tony never wanted to do in the First movie. AGAIN, really? really? You guys couldn't even figure that out?
The rings allow the mandarin to control sophisticated equipment using his rings in conjunction with the extremis virus, including tony's suit that was sabotaged and thus tossed tony around like a rag-doll , thats why he looked so beat up.


3) Tony makes a compilation suit out of all his last armors in a way to technically confuse the Mandarins rings so that he couldn't access and control any-one-part of his suit since tony mixed them up so randomly, giving him the advantage to beat the mandarin WHILE attacking his minions with an army of 40 other suits all controlled by a newly hacked and modified version of extremis virus that Maya Hansen fixed inside tony's body. (yes, she turned on killian after she found out he was working for terrorists, plus had feelings for tony) This of course was after the events of Iron Mans defeat by the Mandarin earlier in the movie. BOOM another spoiler.

4) Pepper Pots "kinda" becomes the rescue, only because while the big last fight takes place, tony uses his mind to telepathically summon pieces of one the the 40 armors to her body while she was being held captive by Aldrich killian. She then break lose with the armor and kicks killians ass.


Thats all for now....just can't figure why no one's figured this stuff out yet..
What do War Machine do in this movie? Fight? Any tag team action with Iron Man?

Is Stephanie Szostak the Wasp or the Scarlet Witch?

Uncanny1 is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #702
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.
 
TheIrishAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 6,877
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

lol.

__________________
"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR
7.11.14



TheIrishAvenger is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #703
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 19,488
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncanny1 View Post
Is Stephanie Szostak the Wasp or the Scarlet Witch?
Venom.

__________________
Our life in this world...
to what shall I compare it?
It is like an echo
resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #704
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,771
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Venom.
Not true.
But if you look real close at the reflection in her eye in the clip from the trailer, you can see a mystery villain whose identity I am not at liberty to divulge, for fear of Marvel Snipers

(but here's a hint: his name rhymes with "Park Slide")

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is online now  
Old 02-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #705
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!
 
Smashlilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,820
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Not true.
But if you look real close at the reflection in her eye in the clip from the trailer, you can see a mystery villain whose identity I am not at liberty to divulge, for fear of Marvel Snipers

(but here's a hint: his name rhymes with "Park Slide")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmboy View Post
So the Mandarin is not the main villain, but being reduced to merely a supporting henchman/sidekick??

I do hope they give him decent screentimes and lines though.
That kind of would just make him Bane.

__________________
Quote:
What is the most indestructable thing in the avengers? Ironman's suit, Captain America's Shield, or Thor's Hammer? The correct answer is Hulk's Pants

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 02-03-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Smashlilman is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #706
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,075
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Not true.
But if you look real close at the reflection in her eye in the clip from the trailer, you can see a mystery villain whose identity I am not at liberty to divulge, for fear of Marvel Snipers

(but here's a hint: his name rhymes with "Park Slide")

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 02-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #707
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,479
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
Also has aviator sunglasses. See, that's why I think he's going to have various looks. It's almost like the sunglasses and T-Shirt were part of some disguise. Maybe he poses as a veteran? Then he ties his hair back, takes off the glasses and dons the robe.
I think they're just trying to evoke the look of a militant living on the fringe of society without a lot of money. Kind of like how you would see Cossack rebels fighting against the Soviet Union wearing T-shirts with soviet logos simply because they were the clothes they could get their hands on. He's wearing a novelty T-shirt because it's clothing he's got access to. I think that'll be the reason.

__________________
This is what I have to say to everyone who has a problem with Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 08:02 AM   #708
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,771
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

One nitpick that's been gnawing at me.

Is Mandarin illiterate, or are the trailer editors just doing awkward splicing?

"Heroes...there is no such thing."

No, Mandy. There ARE no such things. ThingS.

Is his English really that bad? I don't think so. I'm thinking this now famous quote is just bad splicing for the trailer. Either that, or imma hafta go Grammar Nazi upside Mandy's head

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is online now  
Old 02-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #709
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 7,988
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
One nitpick that's been gnawing at me.

Is Mandarin illiterate, or are the trailer editors just doing awkward splicing?

"Heroes...there is no such thing."

No, Mandy. There ARE no such things. ThingS.

Is his English really that bad? I don't think so. I'm thinking this now famous quote is just bad splicing for the trailer. Either that, or imma hafta go Grammar Nazi upside Mandy's head
Are people of Asian descent who lean English illiterate? No of course not, but they can lean the language, but it's harder to lean the dialect.

There's alot of people I work with who have H1B visas that know the language, but don't have the dialect perfected and you have to interpret what they are trying to say. That doesn't make them illiterate.

__________________
"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Tony Stark is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #710
Broseph44
We Are Groot
 
Broseph44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 4,661
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
One nitpick that's been gnawing at me.

Is Mandarin illiterate, or are the trailer editors just doing awkward splicing?

"Heroes...there is no such thing."

No, Mandy. There ARE no such things. ThingS.

Is his English really that bad? I don't think so. I'm thinking this now famous quote is just bad splicing for the trailer. Either that, or imma hafta go Grammar Nazi upside Mandy's head
Oh boy

Broseph44 is online now  
Old 02-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #711
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick
 
GoldGoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: California(The Golden State)
Posts: 14,528
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bornot2b View Post
Are you guys ready for some spoilers? I happen to have some inside knowledge and I would not have released this info just yet if you guys were close to guessing certain things in the movie's plot, but I'm not seeing anyone here who's even come close to answering some of the movie's most mind-boggling scenes. So here we go:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

---
---
---
---
---
1) The Mandarins AVENGERS Tattoo explained: Remember the end of the avengers when people were getting their faces painted and getting tattos all over the world? How come nobody ever though about that? jezus, its not that hard to fiqure out. He got it so he could act like he's a fan of the avengers as a disguise to get close to tony. Being one the the films most comedic acts done by kingsley, Happy Hogan gets tricked to thinking he's just a fan that really wanted to meet tony just so he could infiltrate his house and plant some tech into his suit. DUH! BOOM Major spoiler! This will also explain alot of the other spoilers i'm about to give you.

2) The Mandarins Rings: They're actually enhanced technical remote devices that have a more advanced version of the extremis virus made specifically for him by Aldrich Killian who was working for him all along. Aldrich Killian was selling tech to the terrorists in the way Tony never wanted to do in the First movie. AGAIN, really? really? You guys couldn't even figure that out?
The rings allow the mandarin to control sophisticated equipment using his rings in conjunction with the extremis virus, including tony's suit that was sabotaged and thus tossed tony around like a rag-doll , thats why he looked so beat up.


3) Tony makes a compilation suit out of all his last armors in a way to technically confuse the Mandarins rings so that he couldn't access and control any-one-part of his suit since tony mixed them up so randomly, giving him the advantage to beat the mandarin WHILE attacking his minions with an army of 40 other suits all controlled by a newly hacked and modified version of extremis virus that Maya Hansen fixed inside tony's body. (yes, she turned on killian after she found out he was working for terrorists, plus had feelings for tony) This of course was after the events of Iron Mans defeat by the Mandarin earlier in the movie. BOOM another spoiler.

4) Pepper Pots "kinda" becomes the rescue, only because while the big last fight takes place, tony uses his mind to telepathically summon pieces of one the the 40 armors to her body while she was being held captive by Aldrich killian. She then break lose with the armor and kicks killians ass.


Thats all for now....just can't figure why no one's figured this stuff out yet..
^
Wow,this movie will br horrible if this is true.Why can't Mandarin's rings have powers.

GoldGoblin is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #712
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,753
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bornot2b View Post
Are you guys ready for some spoilers? I happen to have some inside knowledge and I would not have released this info just yet if you guys were close to guessing certain things in the movie's plot, but I'm not seeing anyone here who's even come close to answering some of the movie's most mind-boggling scenes. So here we go:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

---
---
---
---
---
1) The Mandarins AVENGERS Tattoo explained: Remember the end of the avengers when people were getting their faces painted and getting tattos all over the world? How come nobody ever though about that? jezus, its not that hard to fiqure out. He got it so he could act like he's a fan of the avengers as a disguise to get close to tony. Being one the the films most comedic acts done by kingsley, Happy Hogan gets tricked to thinking he's just a fan that really wanted to meet tony just so he could infiltrate his house and plant some tech into his suit. DUH! BOOM Major spoiler! This will also explain alot of the other spoilers i'm about to give you.

2) The Mandarins Rings: They're actually enhanced technical remote devices that have a more advanced version of the extremis virus made specifically for him by Aldrich Killian who was working for him all along. Aldrich Killian was selling tech to the terrorists in the way Tony never wanted to do in the First movie. AGAIN, really? really? You guys couldn't even figure that out?
The rings allow the mandarin to control sophisticated equipment using his rings in conjunction with the extremis virus, including tony's suit that was sabotaged and thus tossed tony around like a rag-doll , thats why he looked so beat up.


3) Tony makes a compilation suit out of all his last armors in a way to technically confuse the Mandarins rings so that he couldn't access and control any-one-part of his suit since tony mixed them up so randomly, giving him the advantage to beat the mandarin WHILE attacking his minions with an army of 40 other suits all controlled by a newly hacked and modified version of extremis virus that Maya Hansen fixed inside tony's body. (yes, she turned on killian after she found out he was working for terrorists, plus had feelings for tony) This of course was after the events of Iron Mans defeat by the Mandarin earlier in the movie. BOOM another spoiler.

4) Pepper Pots "kinda" becomes the rescue, only because while the big last fight takes place, tony uses his mind to telepathically summon pieces of one the the 40 armors to her body while she was being held captive by Aldrich killian. She then break lose with the armor and kicks killians ass.


Thats all for now....just can't figure why no one's figured this stuff out yet..
WE GET IT... Damn dude

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #713
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.
 
The Question's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hub City
Posts: 39,479
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
One nitpick that's been gnawing at me.

Is Mandarin illiterate, or are the trailer editors just doing awkward splicing?

"Heroes...there is no such thing."

No, Mandy. There ARE no such things. ThingS.

Is his English really that bad? I don't think so. I'm thinking this now famous quote is just bad splicing for the trailer. Either that, or imma hafta go Grammar Nazi upside Mandy's head
That has nothing to do with illiteracy. That's not even particularly bad english. There are native english speakers who talk that way from time to time.

__________________
This is what I have to say to everyone who has a problem with Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
The Question is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 02:08 AM   #714
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
One nitpick that's been gnawing at me.

Is Mandarin illiterate, or are the trailer editors just doing awkward splicing?

"Heroes...there is no such thing."

No, Mandy. There ARE no such things. ThingS.

Is his English really that bad? I don't think so. I'm thinking this now famous quote is just bad splicing for the trailer. Either that, or imma hafta go Grammar Nazi upside Mandy's head
It's provocativeeee!

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 05:46 AM   #715
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
It's provocativeeee!
It gets the people going!

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 05:48 AM   #716
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncanny1 View Post
What do War Machine do in this movie? Fight? Any tag team action with Iron Man?

Is Stephanie Szostak the Wasp or the Scarlet Witch?
A little late to be responding to this but Szostak is Bethany Cabe. I don't know why they're keeping that a secret. Maybe they just forgot to announce it and nobody has cared enough to ask her.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 05:52 AM   #717
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,241
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
A little late to be responding to this but Szostak is Bethany Cabe. I don't know why they're keeping that a secret. Maybe they just forgot to announce it and nobody has cared enough to ask her.
Has there been confirmation of that?

xeno000 is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 05:56 AM   #718
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

No it's from that spoiler thread on /co/.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 02-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #719
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!
 
Doctor Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 6,423
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
One nitpick that's been gnawing at me.

Is Mandarin illiterate, or are the trailer editors just doing awkward splicing?

"Heroes...there is no such thing."

No, Mandy. There ARE no such things. ThingS.

Is his English really that bad? I don't think so. I'm thinking this now famous quote is just bad splicing for the trailer. Either that, or imma hafta go Grammar Nazi upside Mandy's head

__________________
ben: hello im ben...
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=453945
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

______________
\__\_l_l_/__/
\_______/
l_
l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Doctor Who is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 06:24 AM   #720
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,241
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Two Versions of the Ben Kingsley/Mandarin poster.



[/QUOTE]

xeno000 is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #721
CrypticOne
Beautiful Chaos
 
CrypticOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 10,038
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

So dope.

__________________
"Death does not wait for you to be ready! Death is not considerate, or fair! And make no mistake: here, you face Death."
CrypticOne is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 06:43 AM   #722
SpideyFan866
Hero Support
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 16,099
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
No it's from that spoiler thread on /co/.
Exactly.

Far from a credible source.

Someone like Roger Wardell is probably more credible.

SpideyFan866 is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #723
Victarion
Cut
 
Victarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,121
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Is Wardell the guy who leaks BS? The name sounds familiar; I think he's the one who said Fin-Fang-Foom is in the movie.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Trevorrow
But with all this talk of filmmakers “ruining our childhood”, we forget that right now is someone else’s childhood. This is their time.
Victarion is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #724
Nathan
...
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,999
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

Would be cool if he's in the Movie and looked exactly like this. Btw, did they ever finish the comic?


__________________
Pomp and Circumstance【Mikasa & Annie】
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Nathan is offline  
Old 02-22-2013, 06:53 AM   #725
J.Howlett
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Ben Kingsley is The Mandarin!

What is that?! The Hip Hop version of the Mandarian? Marvel thinks it can get away with anything. That poster is horrible yet supremely funny at the same time.

 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.