Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 07:50 AM   #851
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: Paul Giamatti IS Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
I will say that this is some of the most out of left field casting I have ever heard of. Up there with Topher Grace as Venom.
And I liked Topher Grace as Eddie Brock/Venom. In fact, he was probably one of the most enjoyable parts of Spider-Man 3... wish there was more of him.

Only here, Giamatti is a much better actor who will probably tackle the role of RHINO if he gets it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
Eh,feelings are mixed on this.It could look cool,but I always thought Rhino made for a better Hulk villain than Spidey villain.
Why though? The Hulk would just punch him into space and it would be over. The point is that he is very challenging for Spider-Man to fight.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 02-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #852
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom'sDad View Post
Never said, he said, he partner with another villain.
Link.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 02-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #853
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom'sDad View Post
More likely at the end....think about it.....remember Foxx said he partner up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
i think foxx implied he and spider-man formed a partnership in some way, not that he partnered up with another villain.

wasn't it implied by Foxx that he helps spider-man before he become the villain?

and some have speculated maybe this means he helps spider-man take down the rhino then later in the film he becomes electro

any information like this this can be taken as a grain of salt right now though

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 02-20-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:00 AM   #854
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
wasn't it implied by Foxx that he helps spider-man before he become the villain?

and some have speculated maybe this means he helps spider-man take down the rhino then later in the film he becomes electro

any information like this this can be taken as a grain of salt right now though
Not really.

Here is what he says exactly, as well as a link to the interview.

Quote:
"You'll see that in his whole life, no one is talking to [Electro]. People have stolen his ideas at the big company. He's a nobody. At a certain point, Spider-Man bumps into him and says, 'You're my guy. You're my eyes and ears on the street.' And he says his name — no one has ever said [Max] Dillon's name."

"He sort of starts thinking that somehow, he's Spider-Man's partner." Fox went on to say. The Academy Award winning actor would also add however, that from there, Dillon undergoes a series on unfortunate events that lead to him becoming the ne'er-do-well comic book fans are familiar with.
http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/866...tml#id=1699030

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 02-20-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #855
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Spider-Man views him as an informant basically, not a partner. That's just Dillon being delusional and starting to get stalker-ish.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #856
Picard Sisko

"I like the way you fry, boy." lol

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 02-20-2013, 09:18 AM   #857
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Not really.

Here is what he says exactly, as well as a link to the interview.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/866...tml#id=1699030

could still be taken as he helps spiderman early on in film before

Old 02-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #858
Picard Sisko

His "eyes and ears on the street." I guess that is Foxx's way of saying Electro helps Spider-Man.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #859
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
And I liked Topher Grace as Eddie Brock/Venom. In fact, he was probably one of the most enjoyable parts of Spider-Man 3... wish there was more of him.
I got that Grace was trying to pull a smarmy version of Eddie Brock, Jr., but I didn't find it clicking all too well. If given more time, I could see it working, though.

Quote:
Only here, Giamatti is a much better actor who will probably tackle the role of RHINO if he gets it.
Still debatable right now. You said on an earlier thread we don't know that much to judge the film yet and we don't know much to predict how well someone can be in a role either. If given enough time, Giamatti may pull a Molina and be outstanding as Rhino. If not given enough time, he may pull a Mickey Rourke and give his all as Rourke did as Ivan Vanko, but the script just didn't give him enough to do.

Quote:
Why though? The Hulk would just punch him into space and it would be over. The point is that he is very challenging for Spider-Man to fight.
Isn't Rhino a villain to Hulk at times in the comics? Did Hulk just punch Rhino into space any of those times?

Quote:
His "eyes and ears on the street." I guess that is Foxx's way of saying Electro helps Spider-Man.
Maxwell Dillon will help out Spider-Man. Once he becomes Electro, it'll be a whole new ballgame.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #860
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Quote:

The Hulk doesn't really have a ton of "old school" villains that can challenge him.I always wanted to see the Hulk face an Abomination/Rhino team-up.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #861
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I got that Grace was trying to pull a smarmy version of Eddie Brock, Jr., but I didn't find it clicking all too well. If given more time, I could see it working, though.
I don't know, I liked it. Having a small amount of screen time definitely didn't help though.

Quote:
Still debatable right now. You said on an earlier thread we don't know that much to judge the film yet and we don't know much to predict how well someone can be in a role either. If given enough time, Giamatti may pull a Molina and be outstanding as Rhino. If not given enough time, he may pull a Mickey Rourke and give his all as Rourke did as Ivan Vanko, but the script just didn't give him enough to do.
I'm not judging the film as a whole, just Paul Giamatti based on his previous work.

Quote:
Isn't Rhino a villain to Hulk at times in the comics? Did Hulk just punch Rhino into space any of those times?
I suppose, but couldn't Hulk easily do that to Rhino?

Quote:
Maxwell Dillon will help out Spider-Man. Once he becomes Electro, it'll be a whole new ballgame.
I think you knew what I meant.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:10 AM   #862
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

Quote:

Max Dillion was always made out to be a pathetic sort of guy, it would definitley be a different kind of villian, one we haven't really seen in a CBM. The only sort of "false partnership" I've seen in a superhero movie is in The Incredibles, at the beginning when Syndrome thought he was partners with Mr. Incredible, and once he found out he wasn't he grew to hate him. Although I think there'll be more to Max Dillion than that. This is how I imagine him.

He's a guy who wants to do the right thing, but either constantly screws up and gets the chance waved under his nose just for it to be ripped out of sight. Getting fired, overlooked by his own parents etc. He becomes Spidey's informant and begins to believe he's really making a difference, so he tries to help Spidey take down a villian because he believes he's Spidey's partner, and he almost gets killed. Afterwards Spider-Man tells him "Look, I can't do this anymore, I can't deal with getting you into life threatning situations, so Spidey breaks off from him, and that's the final straw for Dillion, who only wanted to make a difference but realizes he can't do it in a positive way.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #863
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle

"You're my guy Max. You're my eyes and ears in Oscorp." (not an actual quote, just adding things to what Foxx said Spidey says)

Betcha Pete doesn't want to risk getting caught sneaking in by Oscorp. I wonder if they'll confront Peter at the beginning of TASM2 for sneaking into the Spider room.

Emerald Eagle
Position:Head Assistant Researcher
Department(s):Nano-tech, Cross-Species Genetics

Why Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man isn't a 'dick' or a 'brooding loner'.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #864
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Grace as Eddie in particular seemed to whiny to me. Like cry babyish wahhh Peter took my job at the bugle, wahhhh he took my gf. I want him dead. I didn't feel like there was an actual hatred for Peter. More so like a little kid being mad at another for stealing his toy.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #865
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
I don't know, I liked it. Having a small amount of screen time definitely didn't help though.
He could have been really great, that's for sure, imo. And his size as Eddie never bothered me as much as his size when he became Venom. I felt the symbiote should've made him look bigger, not just because of Eddie's own physique. It would add so much to the anger that the symbiote now possesses.

Quote:
I'm not judging the film as a whole, just Paul Giamatti based on his previous work.
Many could have done the same with Thomas Haden Church...and look what kind of Flint Marko we got, lol.

Quote:
I suppose, but couldn't Hulk easily do that to Rhino?
We haven't seen him do this as of yet with anyone, so it's really only speculating.

Quote:
I think you knew what I meant.
Did not. It sounded like you believed Electro, powers and all, would still help Spidey and only slowly turn his back on him. I wouldn't mind that myself, though, but it won't be the way in TAS-M 2.

****, I REALLY like that idea, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Kickass View Post
Max Dillion was always made out to be a pathetic sort of guy, it would definitley be a different kind of villian, one we haven't really seen in a CBM. The only sort of "false partnership" I've seen in a superhero movie is in The Incredibles, at the beginning when Syndrome thought he was partners with Mr. Incredible, and once he found out he wasn't he grew to hate him. Although I think there'll be more to Max Dillion than that. This is how I imagine him.

He's a guy who wants to do the right thing, but either constantly screws up and gets the chance waved under his nose just for it to be ripped out of sight. Getting fired, overlooked by his own parents etc. He becomes Spidey's informant and begins to believe he's really making a difference, so he tries to help Spidey take down a villian because he believes he's Spidey's partner, and he almost gets killed. Afterwards Spider-Man tells him "Look, I can't do this anymore, I can't deal with getting you into life threatning situations, so Spidey breaks off from him, and that's the final straw for Dillion, who only wanted to make a difference but realizes he can't do it in a positive way.
I'll be honest, it is something very new and we'll just see how it is when the film is released. It might be something refreshing, but it also may raise questions as to why Webb's Spidey is wanting people on the streets to help him out. He saw what happens when he had the help of a police captain, so why risk the lives of more people?

Old 02-23-2013, 11:47 PM   #866
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Many could have done the same with Thomas Haden Church...and look what kind of Flint Marko we got, lol.
Yeah, but you're missing my point. With Thomas Hayden Church, I thought he was near perfect for Flint Marko/Sandman, and gave a great performance in Spider-Man 3. He did his best with what he was given. That is solely what I am basing Paul Giamatti as Rhino on... I think for whatever script he is given, he'll do a great job.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:10 AM   #867
Anno_Domini
Banned User

If you think THC was great in S-M 3, then I do get your point of assuming Giamatti will be great for whatever he is given. I certainly didn't find the "I'm just a bad person" shtick so hot.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #868
Picard Sisko

Quote:
If you think THC was great in S-M 3, then I do get your point of assuming Giamatti will be great for whatever he is given. I certainly didn't find the "I'm just a bad person" shtick so hot.
That was a fault of the writing though, not his acting. So much wasted potential.

Old 02-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #869
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

Quote:
He could have been really great, that's for sure, imo. And his size as Eddie never bothered me as much as his size when he became Venom. I felt the symbiote should've made him look bigger, not just because of Eddie's own physique. It would add so much to the anger that the symbiote now possesses.

We haven't seen him do this as of yet with anyone, so it's really only speculating.

Did not. It sounded like you believed Electro, powers and all, would still help Spidey and only slowly turn his back on him. I wouldn't mind that myself, though, but it won't be the way in TAS-M 2.

****, I REALLY like that idea, lol.

I'll be honest, it is something very new and we'll just see how it is when the film is released. It might be something refreshing, but it also may raise questions as to why Webb's Spidey is wanting people on the streets to help him out. He saw what happens when he had the help of a police captain, so why risk the lives of more people?
Maybe it could be Oscorp and not the streets, or maybe Max already lives in that dangerous sort of lifestyle.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #870
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
That was a fault of the writing though, not his acting. So much wasted potential.
The acting wasn't great either. He gave his lines in such a dull way that it was dreadful when Flint wasn't using his powers, because at least the CGI looked wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Kickass View Post
Maybe it could be Oscorp and not the streets, or maybe Max already lives in that dangerous sort of lifestyle.
That still raises questions, and I hope there's a bigger enough reason for why Spider-Man would want "eyes and ears" on the streets/OsCorp/wherever. And I won't be okay with just the idea of this Spidey still maturing so he's still careless.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #871
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:

That still raises questions, and I hope there's a bigger enough reason for why Spider-Man would want "eyes and ears" on the streets/OsCorp/wherever. And I won't be okay with just the idea of this Spidey still maturing so he's still careless.
Peter's already suspcious of Oscorp and probably needs Max to be his inside man.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #872
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

I have a feeling (not sure if this has been speculated) that they'll explain the rhino motif of Giamatti's suit through an acronym. So R.H.I.N.O will probably stand for something that I'm not intelligent enough to think of right now, and that's why the suit is rhino-themed.

At least....I think that's the most logical route.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #873
Oscorp
Side-Kick

I think Lou Ferrigno would've been perfect for Rhino

Old 02-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #874
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerdude7 View Post
I have a feeling (not sure if this has been speculated) that they'll explain the rhino motif of Giamatti's suit through an acronym. So R.H.I.N.O will probably stand for something that I'm not intelligent enough to think of right now, and that's why the suit is rhino-themed.

At least....I think that's the most logical route.
R
Harness
Infrastructure
N
O

Would anyone like to add to it?

Old 02-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #875
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Quote: