The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #326
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 3

I think the bomb shelter from first Class will have grown In 11 years to early version of sub-basement level we saw from trilogy.Remember Cerebro Is probally already built.I seriously doudt they will say Xavier went for over a decade without cerebro.Plus the plot of DOFP doesn't lead to reunion in 1973 scenes.

Comic con Is big news.The last time an X-Men film had big presence was back In 2002.
Where their premiered first version of teaser trailer that got leaked online and was so popular become version of released teaser.Hopefully he and some members of cast will be there for some kind of panel and then show some footage from film.Of course this time It will probally be more guarded than back In 2002.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #327
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I think the bomb shelter from first Class will have grown In 11 years to early version of sub-basement level we saw from trilogy.Remember Cerebro Is probally already built.I seriously doudt they will say Xavier went for over a decade without cerebro.Plus the plot of DOFP doesn't lead to reunion in 1973 scenes.

Comic con Is big news.The last time an X-Men film had big presence was back In 2002.
Where their premiered first version of teaser trailer that got leaked online and was so popular become version of released teaser.Hopefully he and some members of cast will be there for some kind of panel and then show some footage from film.Of course this time It will probally be more guarded than back In 2002.
Mark my words Cerebro will be re-built w/ the help of Magneto. Remember the government funded Cerebro in First Class...now without their help how are they supposed to rebuild it? Especially the huge room we saw in the original movies. Both X1 and X2 indicated Magneto helped Charles build Cerebro... I foresee a temporary truce between them in this film. The actors even hinted at it when asked about this plot point following First Class...

Something along the lines of "The good thing about Xavier and Magneto is that they're on again off again friends."

Old 02-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #328
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Mark my words Cerebro will be re-built w/ the help of Magneto. Remember the government funded Cerebro in First Class...now without their help how are they supposed to rebuild it? Especially the huge room we saw in the original movies. Both X1 and X2 indicated Magneto helped Charles build Cerebro... I foresee a temporary truce between them in this film. The actors even hinted at it when asked about this plot point following First Class...

Something along the lines of "The good thing about Xavier and Magneto is that they're on again off again friends."
thing is out of all the continuity issues would that really be one brian would touch apon? would he rewatch his first film and be like ohh oops must fix that

might have to just accept brian won't fix everything, infact most directors who do prequels feel its more important to tell the story and make it work rather then matching continuity

Old 02-20-2013, 12:52 PM   #329
Great Mind(s)
Broken

It's a big one...I mean...what IS he going to fix if not that being one of them? That's one of his original ideas that is the basis for the plot of X2. Might as well just bring Cyclops, Jean and Storm in the 70s as recast adults

Old 02-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #330
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Damn I missed Cerebro!

Old 02-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #331
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:

Yep, Magneto's definitely gonna help Xavier build Cerebro.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #332
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

They might just leave it ambigious with Cerebro already been built between First Class and DOFP.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #333
Angamb
Banned User

love the set pic, so exciting! and sooooo hyped with the Comic Con presence, Ive been tweeting Singer and ComicCon to have the x-men cast on this year edition, it seems they listened,

Fox is playing BIG this time, Im loving it

Old 02-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #334
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
At the least a Panel with Singer and some of the cast. Hopefully a teaser, promotional art or some rough footage.
Im sure Bryan will show something! and I really hope they have the lead actors at least, it would be amazing to see FC and OT actors all together on this years edition. The net would get even crazier, lol

Im expecting a teaser poster and maybe, just maybe a short teaser trailer with some shots here and there and Patrick's narration

Im so glad with this news

Old 02-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #335
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Mark my words Cerebro will be re-built w/ the help of Magneto. Remember the government funded Cerebro in First Class...now without their help how are they supposed to rebuild it?
Charles is probably rich enough to fund it by himself, and he has the original designer with him which is a plus. I'm pretty sure they just would have built it in the intervening years.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:54 PM   #336
Great Mind(s)
Broken

The movies have stated repeatedly Magneto helped him build it. Bryan is cleaning things up, what is so hard to grasp about this idea.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #337
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Haven't we already seen Magneto help him build it in FC?...

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 02-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #338
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
No.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #339
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
The movies have stated repeatedly Magneto helped him build it. Bryan is cleaning things up, what is so hard to grasp about this idea.
think its more to do with if brian did write it in then it would be just for continuity sake and the story may not have any good reason to have them to build it together.

id be surprised if the story has a reason for them to build it together after first class

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 02-20-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #340
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
He didnt build it Hank did, Magneto was just kinda there and helped Charles find Mutants. It wasnt the same Cerebro being discussed in X2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Im sure Bryan will show something! and I really hope they have the lead actors at least, it would be amazing to see FC and OT actors all together on this years edition. The net would get even crazier, lol

Im expecting a teaser poster and maybe, just maybe a short teaser trailer with some shots here and there and Patrick's narration

Im so glad with this news
Yeah good to see them pushing this thing.

Last edited by def28; 02-20-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #341
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

A lot has changed since first Class opened.

You really think they will have Xavier go for 11 years without Cerebro.I an very easily see Bryan Singer have Xavier say after they moved to mansion Magneto helped rebuild cerebro befoe Cuba.

People forget the core of DOFP Is X-Men have to stop Brotherhood from committering assassination that will lead to sentinles In future esnalving the world.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #342
Super Film
Side-Kick

Quote:
I will forever love the production design on all that makes up the subbasement of the X-Mansion (Cerebro, infirmary, War room, etc). It's a beautiful and powerful execution and I'd love to see how they envisioned it evolving from a bomb shelter to what we know.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 02-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #343
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, I love the whole subbase, and even if we have had scenes on different parts of it, Ive always wanted to see more scenes there, if not more, longer scenes, with different shots to appreciate it better, and "feel" how it is to be there.

Id love to see Hank spending time on the lab, using his stuff, walking from one site to another of the room.... the x-men getting ready with their uniforms, the big room of the jet.... all that stuff

Old 02-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #344
psyonic
X-Man

I believe there was X2 footage at SDCC 2002 which was in August and filming started in June 2002. That footage was made into a trailer.

Filming starts April of this year and SDCC is in July, so maybe we'll get some footage for DoFP?

Old 02-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #345
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

I wonder if future Magneto will be weakened from having been injected with the cure. That would explain why he can't just rip apart a metal Sentinel chasing him or others. Kind of like he's back to not being able to "lift a submarine" type struggling.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #346
Super Film
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

This is what they managed to pull together after only two months of filming X2.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #347
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

(edit: to Super Film)

Good point . I don't think I gave those designs enough credit. Took them for granted really

Old 02-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #348
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

this one sits well for me

for some reason this one doesn't

and i don't mean the sets

Old 02-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #349
Angamb
Banned User

I kind of hate most of X3 pics.

I dont like how many of the x-men look on them, and this last one specially, feels fake to me, I think its photoshopped

Old 02-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #350
steintym
Stay Frosty

The second pic does have a weird feel to it. The set designs still look cool, though.

Closed Thread