The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 02-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #401
ManInTheNarrows
Banned User

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters: Official Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrexBat21 View Post
Not a fan of this Joker, I've seen it before in another set.

Stinks the BOGO sale ended last week.

Yeah im not a fan either and left it hanging on the peg. And yes, i was lucky enough to snag my Trilogy packs on Saturday the last day of the sale.

ManInTheNarrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #402
DrexBat21
A hero can be anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankusho View Post
The 3-pack is avaiable for shipping on the TRU website:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=18967696

I'm not sure how many they have in stock, so get there!!!
If you get 2 or more 3-packs online, you get free shipping.

Still no stock here in NJ stores yet. :

Old 02-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #403
DrexBat21
A hero can be anyone

MM Box set/3-pack came in today. Yeah! Almost walked right passed it. Saw that ugly 4" Joker too from a prior thread.
If UPC doesn't work, try TRU code 916695. Good luck!

Old 02-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #404
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

The dark knight movie masters trilogy pack has none left in warehouses and there's less than 80 left on their online site, so if you want one, you need to get one now on their site.

Aron9692003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #405
Zeke Zanzibar
Side-Kick

I'm impressed at how the site says "INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING" yet when I try to order one to Canada it says they can't send here. Odd, I figured Canada fell under international.

Zeke Zanzibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #406
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

Mine was 55.14 after shipping and tax. Only 83 left when I ordered so I imagine under 80 left now, they told me there were 83 left in online stock and none In the warehouses to be shipped to stores, meaning those online could be it. They searched a 200 mile radius and no stores had them so I had to order online. Hopefully it doesn't come damaged at all.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #407
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke Zanzibar View Post
I'm impressed at how the site says "INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING" yet when I try to order one to Canada it says they can't send here. Odd, I figured Canada fell under international.
Have you tried calling them? That's crazy. When I called corporate last night they said a store an hour away had one but then I called them this morning when they opened and they said no sir we don't have any in stock. Hence why I just said forget it and ordered one online.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #408
Zeke Zanzibar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron9692003 View Post
Have you tried calling them? That's crazy. When I called corporate last night they said a store an hour away had one but then I called them this morning when they opened and they said no sir we don't have any in stock. Hence why I just said forget it and ordered one online.
I think I'm going to have to! That made no sense to me when I tried to get one. If what you're saying is so, then I highly doubt any Canadian stores got them so online will be my only option.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #409
Emgr55
Side-Kick

Well i called the TRU closeest to me they had 2 left i asked if they would hold mw one untill i get there.

Sorry for the bad pics the faceal featers on BB and Tdk Bats are diff than the originals i like these much better makes them look pissed and kind of tougher like this.

Emgr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #410
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

I want to leave mine in the package, I wish the backgrounds were behind them already, looks like its just brown cardboard haha

Old 02-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #411
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue

So in that three pack the TDK Batman comes with a cloth cape?

Team Andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #412
Zeke Zanzibar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well I figured out how to get it sent to Canada. Little trickier and it ends up costing close to $80 when it's all said and done. Just a heads up for any Canadians on here who might be thinking of snagging it.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #413
Sephiroth1089
Side-Kick

I'm not really impressed by this 3 pack. The stands look alright but everything else is pretty much just the same figure. I can't see my self spending 45+tax for things I already own. The cracked Batman mask is a nice touch. Can someone post a pic of it so I can see if its similar to the way that the mask was cracked in the movie?

Sephiroth1089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:41 PM   #414
ManInTheNarrows
Banned User

Quote:
The dark knight movie masters trilogy pack has none left in warehouses and there's less than 80 left on their online site, so if you want one, you need to get one now on their site.

I figured this set would be pretty limited seeing as how its a bookend to the Movie Masters line.

I also felt it would be limited and produced in small numbers as the Bane and Batman Rises 2 pack seemed to be a little overproduced. Initially it wasn't but it seems as though additional shipments just sat. Well at least at my toys r us they did.

Glad i got my 2 sets when i did.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #415
ManInTheNarrows
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth1089 View Post
I'm not really impressed by this 3 pack. The stands look alright but everything else is pretty much just the same figure. I can't see my self spending 45+tax for things I already own. The cracked Batman mask is a nice touch. Can someone post a pic of it so I can see if its similar to the way that the mask was cracked in the movie?

I really like this set. I feel as though its a nice send off for the Dark Knight Trilogy Movie Masters line at the same time a thank you to fans/collectors that have been with the line since its inception.

After tax you are paying about $50 depending on the tax percentage for your city.

So for any collector that missed out on the Begins Batman and the Chase unmasked variant both from 2008 then this set is great!

you can probably snag the Begins Batman on ebay mint on card for say $32 and the unmasked variant mint on card for $50 thats over $80 bucks already. This set throws in a extra TDK figure with a cloth cape and bam! you get them all for $50.

Pretty good deal in my book and you even get stands and backdrops for each figure to display.

I do see your point on spending cash for something you already own. However as a Batman fan/collector i just had to have it. Its just a solid display piece.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:24 AM   #416
Angelus_Darko
Derriere extraordinaire

Hey, remembering what I saw before in these forums about the Movie Masters and that strange thing that happens to them, I must ask the following question: I just got the Proto-Suit Batman with Gordon and Police Joker with Batman, now, should I keep them in their package for a little while or should I take them out ASAP?

Angelus_Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #417
Emgr55
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Andino View Post
So in that three pack the TDK Batman comes with a cloth cape?
Yes the TDK Batman is the only one with the cloth cape I really like these reissues better than the originals like I said befor they have better face expressions and BB Batman looks more like the movie batman than the first MM Batman.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #418
frankusho
Side-Kick

I just got my two 3-packs in the mail from TRU.com. They arrived in excellent condition.

They were shipped in a large box with plenty of plastic air bubbles.

frankusho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #419
ManInTheNarrows
Banned User

Quote:
I just got my two 3-packs in the mail from TRU.com. They arrived in excellent condition.

Good to hear your packs arrived in good shape.

I'm definitely thinking this is limited. On Tuesday I found 2 at another local toys r us here in Peoria, AZ and I went when the doors opened. I asked if they had anymore in the back and they stated the 2 was all they got in.

Then today I hit my local Goodyear,AZ toys r us and they also had 2 on the shelf and same deal. They only received the 2 and that's it.

Smart move on Mattel and Toys r us's part so this exclusive wont sit.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:06 AM   #420
ManInTheNarrows
Banned User

Quote:
Mine was 55.14 after shipping and tax. Only 83 left when I ordered so I imagine under 80 left now, they told me there were 83 left in online stock and none In the warehouses to be shipped to stores, meaning those online could be it. They searched a 200 mile radius and no stores had them so I had to order online. Hopefully it doesn't come damaged at all.

I was wondering how you can see how many are left (available) online? I couldn't see anywhere to click to see total availability. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:13 AM   #421
DrexBat21
A hero can be anyone

Quote:

Quote:
I want to leave mine in the package, I wish the backgrounds were behind them already, looks like its just brown cardboard haha
Me too. I was wondering how they were going to ship this set as it's not your standard box shape.

Agree with the post about the background inside. Instead of the plain cardboard they could have used something else to view through the window.

Some stores here got a case of 3. I found 2 on a shelf after I ordered 1 online. They had a buy one get one 40% off again but it only applied to DC Batman, not the Mattel MM 3-pack. Funny...I thought they were 1 and the same.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:22 AM   #422
ManInTheNarrows
Banned User

That's interesting on the case of three. Every toys r us I have hit including the location I purchased mine at only received 2. Perhaps they are shipped 2 per case and some stores received 2 cases.

And that's hilarious that they had another BOGO at 40% off excluding Mattel batman 3 pack product only DC batman when they are indeed one and the same (manufactured by Mattel).

Old 02-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #423
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheNarrows View Post
I was wondering how you can see how many are left (available) online? I couldn't see anywhere to click to see total availability. Any help would be appreciated.
The other night I called corporate around 12am, they said a store an hour away had some, called them when they opened, they said they never had ANY. I was trying to do like a previous user and order mine in my local store but from the store an hour away over the phone, the two managers ok it and then that store ships it to me. So anyways I call corporate back and tell them Clara told me they had it but didn't, so they check a 200 mile radius, the farthest she could and no store had any, I'm in Florida and she checked 20 diff stores between Alabama, Louisiana, and Georgia. She was able to tell me they had they 83 in stock on the website and 0 in warehouse left to be shipped out to stores and of course she doesn't know if they'll get any more in. I was just trying to get free shipping or something for all my troubles and them not having any local, nor any online when the buy one get one sale was going on, but of course I got no help.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:31 AM   #424
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

Are those small dark knight trilogy, batman and joker the only ones so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrexBat21 View Post
Me too. I was wondering how they were going to ship this set as it's not your standard box shape.

Agree with the post about the background inside. Instead of the plain cardboard they could have used something else to view through the window.

Some stores here got a case of 3. I found 2 on a shelf after I ordered 1 online. They had a buy one get one 40% off again but it only applied to DC Batman, not the Mattel MM 3-pack. Funny...I thought they were 1 and the same.
Yeah I made a notation on my online order to make sure it was packaged well so the product packaging wouldn't come damaged. I only ordered one since there's only so many left, should be here early next week.

I may open it just to try and turn those backgrounds around. Rather the cardboard facing out towards the wall since ill have it out on like display.

I called my local one everyday when that first one showed up on eBay, gave up calling once ordered one online and was told none were in the warehouse to be shipped out.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:49 AM   #425
Emgr55
Side-Kick

Whats next collection wise for you guys since this about over except the TRU exclusive vehicles that i wish there was more info on.
Ive started my Dc unlimited line and i do expect to keep up with the Batman unlimited figures.
I think we should all post a little peak of our collection no matter how big or small they are we have all helped each other out so much and i like to see other peoples Batman MM collections my self so its just an idea.