The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #726
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
The same face and the same coke nail.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lmfao !

Old 02-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #727
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post

What was he so afraid of? The suit would eat him? Melt his skin?

The only thing to be worried about is 'looking silly'... and he's never looked sillier to me than in that finale, wimping out of wearing the suit.
I assume he was scared of not being able to "fill the suit"....to BE Superman and live up to those who came before him. I am just guessing. Now if he had a big head like most people are trying to say he did/does I'd imagine he would have been all like, "I'm the best dude to have EVER played Superman!!! Suck it Routh!" But he didn't...he was just a scaredy cat

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #728
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
He has his reasons for not putting on the suit in the finale I'm sure, but I don't think a big head is one of them. In fact, from reading various things about the finale and the lead up to it, I'm a little inclined to think it was the exact opposite and it was very much a confidence issue with Welling. He was asked in an interview how he felt about putting the suit on and he answered "..........terrified".
On a CW TV budget, the suit might have ended up looking like a plain, L&C version - and if so, it probably would have engendered more criticism than the “cheat” they used. It was a no-win situation.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #729
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
The same face and the same coke nail.
Time hasn't been kind to her thanks to that.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #730
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
On a CW TV budget, the suit might have ended up looking like a plain, L&C version - and if so, it probably would have engendered more criticism than the “cheat” they used. It was a no-win situation.
If they had used the suit that was in the fortress then I think it would have looked pretty good...I don't think it would have looked that bad. I mean I gotta believe it would have looked better than the Lois and Clark suit. I don't think it would have taken much to look better than that though to be honest

Old 02-20-2013, 06:38 PM   #731
robmx522
Banned User

i wonder if cavil will be this generations superman ...i hope he takes over the thrown from cr ...i think people never took routh serious as superman and still think of cr when thinking of him ....hopefully that will change ...cr needs to rest in peace!

Old 02-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #732
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Ah Smallville the only show where Lois Lane is treated as Clark's silver medal to the immaculate Lana Lang.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #733
The Guard
Side-Kick

Tom Welling, who spent 10 seasons playing Clark Kent on a CW show, was apparently afraid that putting on the actual Superman costume would affect his career. Of which he now no longer has much of.

(Shakes head)

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night

Last edited by The Guard; 02-20-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #734
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Tom Welling, who spent 10 seasons playing Clark Kent on a CW show, was apparently afraid that putting on the Superman costume would affect his career. Of which he now no longer has much of.

(Shakes head)
Bingo.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #735
Wheels
Encore! Encore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Ah Smallville the only show where Lois Lane is treated as Clark's silver medal to the immaculate Lana Lang.
That was due to Gough and Millar trying to create the next Katie Holmes. Didn't work lol.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 02-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #736
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
I've never wanted to drown somebody so bad before in my life....damn she was annoying

Old 02-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #737
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Tom Welling, who spent 10 seasons playing Clark Kent on a CW show, was apparently afraid that putting on the Superman costume would affect his career. Of which he now no longer has much of.

(Shakes head)
I never thought he was good on the show, even when I liked it I thought he was a bad hunk of wood of an actor. It's. cute that he thought he was something even decent on the acting front. What a delusional guy!

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #738
Kalonthar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
More like chose to ignore bad buzz.

It's not even "bad" buzz. Just Cavill isn't all that acting wise. Not a huge revelation if you've actually watched him act before. But again, he'll be fine.
Besides, if Nolan's Batman films can be as well received as they are even with the barrage of jokes and negativity Bale gets for his Batman voice, well, I don't think we have to worry too much about Cavill being great for the film to succeed.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #739
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalonthar View Post
Besides, if Nolan's Batman films can be as well received as they are even with the barrage of jokes and negativity Bale gets for his Batman voice, well, I don't think we have to worry too much about Cavill being great for the film to succeed.
I hope we've heard the last of that. He sounded ridiculous. You disguise your voice in other ways instead of sounding like you swallowed a bag of rocks

Old 02-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #740
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Don't you think Cavill's face looks weird in the scene while flying in space?

Last edited by gomez147; 02-20-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #741
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

No weirder than Routh or Reeve .

Old 02-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #742
robmx522
Banned User

cavill gonna own this role wait n see

Old 02-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #743
sup101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I hope we've heard the last of that. He sounded ridiculous. You disguise your voice in other ways instead of sounding like you swallowed a bag of rocks
That was funny, well atlease for me it was.Lol.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #744
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalonthar View Post
Let's not mention Henry Cavill and Oscar Winner Christian Bale in the same sentence...yet.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #745
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
That was due to Gough and Millar trying to create the next Katie Holmes. Didn't work lol.
Precisely, I mean they did cast the show around Kristen Kreuk after all. They're Lang love was borderline insane, where anyone who didn't fall in love with her was destroyed. Ask Pete.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:46 PM   #746
king666
(¬‿¬)

C'mon WB, give us something to talk about.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #747
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

WB hates fans, there I said it.

Old 02-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #748
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by king666 View Post

C'mon WB, give us something to talk about.
You've been here less than two months....only have 22 posts....and say you need something to talk about......

Old 02-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #749
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
You've been here less than two months....only have 22 posts....and say you need something to talk about......
Ha!

Old 02-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #750
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Well, there is an entire forum of stuff to talk about. Like Politics, Music and Literature, Bane's Voice, Anna Paquin's teeth, the actress playing Mary Jane should be hotter, arguing over who should play Wonder Woman, Superman's and Lois Lane's hair...

Closed Thread