The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Products

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #801
Ironcladspider

Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

JMA you cn go to home depot and i think in the hinges section around there they have a box of springs that are all different sizes and strengths

Old 02-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #802
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMA610 View Post
Yah, I remember when you posted that Hopefully my formula will hold up as well as that. I might add some of the plumr for strength. But not to get off topic, I am close to finding my last piece, but finding the right sized spring with the right "springyness" is proving to be a pain in the arse. But I still stand by my march 1st completion date.
I know it may seem a bit obvious, but you should look in button-click pens. You can really find a wide variety of springs in there, considering there are several different sized pens. If all else fails, you can try Home Depot.

Also, I just did a bit of math with my shooter. Due to some knowledge in the fields of civil engineering and architecture, I know that a vertical water supply (or any liquid with the same viscosity as water) will exert 2.31 psi for every foot of water present. If I have 4 inches of water in my canister, held vertically, it will produce 2.31/3 psi. That puts out about 1 drop (about 1/6 of a milliliter) every 5 seconds. 2.31/3 is 0.77. That means that there is 0.77 psi pushing out 1/6mL per 5 seconds... meaning around 1/30mL per second. However, if I add a CO2 cartridge, it will have a pressure anywhere from 600-1000psi. So increasing from 0.77 to something like, oh, 800psi... that's 1039 times the pressure. So that's 1039 times the fluid output per second. (1/30) times 1039 is almost 35. So, my shooter will be able to output around 35 milliliters per second. This means that it could fill up the average disposable water bottle in around 14.5 seconds (assuming I had that much fluid in the canister in the first place). Wow! That's a lot of fluid output... but will the shooter's adhesives be able to hold up? We'll have to wait and see if the shooter doesn't explode due to the pressure.

Last edited by Wadaltmon; 02-07-2013 at 04:27 PM. Reason: put /2 instead of /3
Old 02-07-2013, 07:04 PM   #803
Ironcladspider

have you figured out a way of loading the catridges onto the shooter?

Old 02-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #804
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Yes, the cartridge and CO2 cartridge will load directly into the solenoid through a coupler system, with needles used to puncture into the cartridges and allow them to only be open while they are loaded in, so I don't waste fluid or CO2.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #805
Ironcladspider

can you explain to me specifically about the web cartridge what type of connection or valve or whatever do you have on the cartridge so that it wont release anything until its punctured

Old 02-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #806
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Would it be easier for you guys to understand the system if I uploaded sketches and photos?

Old 02-09-2013, 04:34 AM   #807
PeterParker11

Hey guys i'm new, i've been following this for a while, i've been thinking about the toy web blaster and how that works. Can someone please tell me thankyou.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #808
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

The one with the sillystring? You just pull down the lever, and that pushes the top down on the silly string can, which shoots the silly string. It's very rudimentary.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #809
goku9600
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadaltmon View Post
White_widow put my exact post from the time when I made up my formula up on his DA page. It's here: http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=wadaltmon+#/d4f0j9c
how long does it take to dry if its shot out of a web shooter?

Old 02-13-2013, 12:00 AM   #810
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Well, I've switched up the formula a bit so that instead of denatured alcohol, it uses acetone as the solvent. Acetone evaporates really quickly; it's one of the most volatile liquids you can buy, just behind cyclohexane. Basically, think of this... the stuff mixes when the acetone evaporates, causing the web to form. If you poured some acetone on the ground (1 cubic inch or so), it would be gone within a matter of seconds. And considering we're not shooting 1 cubic inch at a time, and it's not entirely acetone, it will probably take less than a second to dry. I can't be exact though, I've never really precisely timed this kind of thing. But, to answer the question directly, I would expect less than a second, if not, then one second or a little more.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #811
WallCrawler3344
Side-Kick

Hey guys, I've been away for a while, and I apologize for not contributing(or making matters worse lol) I saw this video of a kid, maybe ten years old, who made a WORKING SHOOTER on YouTube... With water. But the prominence is still there. And it was as small as the movie's. It was double-tapped, and I thnk it worked by pressurizing the contents of the shooter(water) as it was coming out, like one of those power washers. So here's what I'm thinking: do that
I also saw Wadaltmon's fluid, I plan on trying it soon. Could you possibly give the proportions of the ingredients? Like, four cups of this, an ounce of that, etc...

Old 02-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #812
goku9600
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallCrawler3344 View Post
Hey guys, I've been away for a while, and I apologize for not contributing(or making matters worse lol) I saw this video of a kid, maybe ten years old, who made a WORKING SHOOTER on YouTube... With water. But the prominence is still there. And it was as small as the movie's. It was double-tapped, and I thnk it worked by pressurizing the contents of the shooter(water) as it was coming out, like one of those power washers. So here's what I'm thinking: do that
I also saw Wadaltmon's fluid, I plan on trying it soon. Could you possibly give the proportions of the ingredients? Like, four cups of this, an ounce of that, etc...
what youtube channel name was the kids

Old 02-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #813
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
Look at the DeviantArt post I posted above.
Also, I want to see this video. Please post the link to this video as soon as you see this.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:11 AM   #814
SUP
Side-Kick

Maybe its "GoofydaGoofTv" on youtube.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #815
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

No, I checked all of his videos, and unless he's talking about one of GDGGTV's that is utilizing a servo motor in a backpack, then I don't think the video is real. GoofyDaGoofGoofTV has one that is as small as the movie's, but it has a large tank in a backpack and a tube leading to it, with a large servo motor. It doesn't self pressurize. For now, I will simply resolve that the video does not exist, until I see it. (Plus, it's kind of easy to tell that GDGGTV is older than 10....)

Old 02-14-2013, 10:53 PM   #816
goku9600
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUP View Post
Maybe its "GoofydaGoofTv" on youtube.
are you talking about that guy named quanny921

Last edited by goku9600; 02-14-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #817
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku9600 View Post
are you talking about that guy named quanny921
I don't think he is, considering that guy trolled everyone. He said that he built a web shooter, and showed a picture of the prop web shooter they were going to use in the first Spider-Man movie. He then said he would show how to make it if he got 100 subscribers. He then posted a 5 minute video called "web shooter building tutorial" but all it said was "you got trolled" or something. So, no, that's probably not what he was talking about.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #818
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

I posted some new pictures on realwebtech.
http://realwebtech.webs.com/apps/pho...toid=174758627
http://realwebtech.webs.com/apps/pho...toid=174758628
http://realwebtech.webs.com/apps/pho...toid=174758629
http://realwebtech.webs.com/apps/pho...toid=174758630
Also, I am applying the last piece of the shooter and waiting for its glue to dry right now. Hopefully, the shooter will be done by tomorrow. If it doesn't work, I have a fallback plan. If that fallback plan doesn't work, I have another fallback plan. If that one doesn't work, then I'll have to think up something else.

Last edited by Wadaltmon; 02-17-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #819
TheAmazingSpide

What if the end of the cartridge had a thing kind of like JMA610's "clogger" that opened when pressure was applied to it. That would allow for reuseable cartridges (I'm not sure if you have thought of that yet, I'm still kind of fuzzy on how the cartridges fit in to everything), and there would need to be a spring, since the pressure from the CO2 pushing the web fluid into the tip should be enough to force it closed. Then, the solenoid attached to the end could simply have a nub that pushes a little bit to make the cartridges open.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #820
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAmazingSpide View Post
What if the end of the cartridge had a thing kind of like JMA610's "clogger" that opened when pressure was applied to it. That would allow for reuseable cartridges (I'm not sure if you have thought of that yet, I'm still kind of fuzzy on how the cartridges fit in to everything), and there would need to be a spring, since the pressure from the CO2 pushing the web fluid into the tip should be enough to force it closed. Then, the solenoid attached to the end could simply have a nub that pushes a little bit to make the cartridges open.
That's basically how the cartridge I have works, except the clogger. Which was still a great idea in itself.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:40 PM   #821
WallCrawler3344
Side-Kick

Awesome Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 2

Quote:
Look at the DeviantArt post I posted above.
Also, I want to see this video. Please post the link to this video as soon as you see this.
It was! Thanks, I just forgot the name. However, he said he wouldn't do a tutorial. D:
But it's all good. We'll think of something.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:44 PM   #822
WallCrawler3344
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hopefully, the shooter will be done by tomorrow. If it doesn't work, I have a fallback plan. If that fallback plan doesn't work, I have another fallback plan. If that one doesn't work, then I'll have to think up something else.
Well, you're determined, if nothing else.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #823
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
It was! Thanks, I just forgot the name. However, he said he wouldn't do a tutorial. D:
But it's all good. We'll think of something.
Dude, that was White Widow posting my formula that I made. I just couldn't post pictures at the time, so he posted them for me. I will do a tutorial on it at some point.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #824
WallCrawler3344
Side-Kick

I was talking about the web shooter from that kid on youtube. Someone said it might have been 'goofydagooftv'. I was just saying yes to that.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #825
WallCrawler3344
Side-Kick

I accidentally replyed to the wrong comment*facepalm*

Closed Thread