The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #876
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Man, I love talking about internet paparazzi.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #877
Chewy
REDACTED

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

DnA visit the prod. offices

http://instagram.com/p/V_-f7kIzfN/

Old 02-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #878
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

Who are those guys? The comic writers?

Old 02-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #879
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
Who are those guys? The comic writers?
Yes

Old 02-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #880
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Yes
Ah, thanks. Love that Gunn is giving em props.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #881
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I guess Gunn and Co are getting ready to set up in Shepperton Studios. This is going to be the fourth Marvel Studios film filmed at Shepperton now.

Old 02-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #882
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post

That's very cool

Old 02-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #883
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

The happiness radiating from Gunn is incredible.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #884
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Gunn is great but his spiked hair's kinda douchey to me.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #885
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

so is DnA just visiting or are they consulting as well on the movie?

Old 02-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #886
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

I don't think they're consulting in any official circumstance but they literally wrote the book on Guardians of the Galaxy. DnA are amazing when it comes to cosmic stuff. Gunn should pick their brains every chance he gets.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-22-2013, 12:05 AM   #887
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Yeah, all those cosmic storylines from 2004-2011 was written by DnA. I wonder how much of it they will actually use in the film? They will need to pull a lot of stuff from classic stories to set up Gamora and Drax's backgrounds.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #888
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Yeah the more DnA are involved, the better for me, Annihilation, Conquest, War Of Kings, The Thanos Imperitive and The Annihilators series were all amazing to me, and they all involved the characters in this movie pretty heavily. Get as much info as you can from them James!

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 02-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #889
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

just something from slashfilm about marvel casting.
http://www.slashfilm.com/behind-the-...arvel-studios/

Quote:
Over the past couple weeks weíve heard a lot about the casting process for Guardians of the Galaxy at Marvel Studios. The film is the next big thing from the studio, and requires the assembly of a substantial cast to play the team of the title.
Chris Pratt won the lead role, and at the end of last week we heard that Jason Momoa had been offered one of the prime secondary roles. That was followed by some dithering about whether or not he was going to take the salary Marvel is offering. Weíve heard that sort of thing before, especially with respect to Marvel, which notoriously lowballs salaries for actors. Ultimately, Momoa has reportedly passed on the role.
But since weíre talking about this a lot lately, thereís some background to this dealmaking that sets Marvel apart from other studios, and it is worth knowing. Every studio tests actors for big roles in new tentpoles, but no movie studio does it in quite the same way Marvel does. The specifics of Marvelís working method mean that the way things get reported are a little different from other outfits, as well. So letís dig in to how the company does business, to get a better understanding of what some of the news reports mean.
The typical setup is that once a movie project is in motion, thereís a set of producers (and the director) on one side, and a set of actors and their managers and agents on the other. The dealmaking process isnít always straightforward, but generally speaking actors test or are considered, thereís some back and forth on deal points, and eventually someone is signed.
At Marvel, the structure is a bit different. Marvelís system works like TV. In TV dealmaking, many deals are written and signed before actors have tested for a part, and way before theyíve been offered a part. There might be some bargaining, but the average actor who signs for a TV show knows what theyíre going to make for each theoretical season and how many seasons theyíre locked in for at the outset.
Before an actor tests for a Marvel role, a deal is written and signed. That last part is important. If an actor wants to read for a role, or go on tape to test for the producers on a Marvel film, they start the process with a deal that specifies salary, the number of films in which that actor can be optioned to appear, and so on. This happens whether or not a part is offered.
Thus, when a role is offered, there is already a deal. Itís a fairly unique setup.
What does this have to do with Guardians of the Galaxy?
  • A lot of people have tested for the big roles.
  • Quite a few people went in for Drax, the role for which Momoa was rumored.
  • They all have deals, but none are, for lack of a better word, active.
  • At this point, no one has the part.
  • Thatís probably going to change, fast, but right now, Marvel has its pick of people.
Why do actors want this, despite the fact that Marvelís process isnít traditional, or particularly accommodating?
It should be obvious, but look at someone like Chris Hemsworth. He didnít earn much to play Thor originally, and he likely didnít get a lot more to be in The Avengers, or Thor 2. But before he was Thor, he was just another Australian import. Now heís Chris Hemsworth. Heís a name, and he can get a hefty salary for lead roles outside of Marvel.
The studioís movies have become great stepping stones for actors ó especially those in lead roles. Chris Evans was doing excellent work long before he was Captain America, but that movie made people see him differently. The assumption is that Guardians of the Galaxy would have the power to do this for the new cast. Personally, Iím disappointed that Momoa (or his people) seem to have decided that the deal wasnít to his advantage.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #890
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Yeah the more DnA are involved, the better for me, Annihilation, Conquest, War Of Kings, The Thanos Imperitive and The Annihilators series were all amazing to me, and they all involved the characters in this movie pretty heavily. Get as much info as you can from them James!
Its also important to remember that even before Annihilation at Marvel, DnA were also doing space/cosmic stories. . . over at DC, for the post-Zero Hour Legion reboot. They really are the number one name when it comes to cosmic supers in the past 20 years.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #891
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Take with a huge grain of salt, but there's a rumor going around that we catch our first glimpse of Star-Lord in IM3.

There's a major, MAJOR spoilerific breakdown of the whole IM3 movie over at a 4chan site by A Guy Who Claims To Have Seen It. Yeah, very definitely could be Troll City, but the description of IM3 *seems* reasonable enough....nothing that sounds blatantly trollesque.

So *if* the guy is right, the Star-Lord/GOTG connection to IM3 happens in the following spoilerific fashion:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Ever since going head-to-head with the Chitauri, Tony Stark has been understandably paranoid about space aliens. He programs JARVIS to "watch the skies" and report any anomaly that could indicate another possible visitation/invasion, and builds a deep space Iron Man suit --- courtesy of "an envoy from Wakanda," no less. Not shown, but yay for BP easter eggs. By the end of IM3, apparently a post-cred scene, JARVIS reports unusual fluctuations at the far end of the Milky Way. An incoming SOS comes through in English --- and we see Star-Lord in an authentic canonical mask. Tony takes off into space. JARVIS asks if he'll be back, and he says yes, but this time he's ready.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #892
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

We knew this already.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #893
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Chris Evans wasn't doing excellent work before Captain America and he was borderline falling into obscurity.

- CM Punk
Old 02-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #894
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Chris Evans wasn't doing excellent work before Captain America and he was borderline falling into obscurity.
Wait, what?

Old 02-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #895
BoredGuy
Killing Time

well, he did some excellent work before Cap

and did anyone see Puncture?
it was kind of a downer, but he was really good in it
sort of a depressing Erin Brokovich, but way better

Old 02-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #896
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
We knew this already.
Who's "we?" You got a frog in your pocket?

I've scoured the interwebs and kept up with all this Phase II stuff in pretty much realtime, and it's the first I've heard of Star-Lord showing up onscreen in his mask in IM3. You got an inside line to Feige? Congrats.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #897
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

There have definitely been rumors about guardians of the galaxy appearing in iron man 3

Old 02-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #898
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Who's "we?" You got a frog in your pocket?

I've scoured the interwebs and kept up with all this Phase II stuff in pretty much realtime, and it's the first I've heard of Star-Lord showing up onscreen in his mask in IM3. You got an inside line to Feige? Congrats.
Don't get mad at me for not keeping up with the news.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #899
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
He had at least 4 really good performances shot and was working pretty regularly before starting captain America

Old 02-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #900
CastlesInTheAir
Banned User

Doh Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Don't get mad at me for not keeping up with the news.
Excuse me, but I too have been following news of this movie and this is the first substantial rumour I've heard about GotG being in IRON MAN 3. You may be confused. There were lots of rumours of Iron Man being in Guardians of the Galaxy, but vice versa? Even if you happened to have heard the Star Lord making a cameo in Iron Man 3 rumour years ago, you don't need to act so smug about it. Complete news to me. And complete news to Cherokee. If 2 people who are following the production of this film religiously missed something, then most casual fans probably missed it. So posting it here is completely justified.

Closed Thread