The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

View Poll Results: Which Hulk movie is better?
The Incredible Hulk 189 69.74%
Hulk 82 30.26%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2013, 08:47 PM   #651
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: TIH vs. Ang Lee's Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
It was okay, but I hate WWH.
Agreed. I really don't like Pak too much. Planet Hulk was alright, but I didn't like WWH. It was just filled of PIS, and jobbing for Hulk. I really don't think ANY hulk can take on an "all out" sentry

Old 02-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #652
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Ross was so much more like the character from the comics in Hulk it was ridiculous. The Ross from TIH annoyed me, Ross never wanted to turn the Hulk into a weapon and would never let Betty out of sight when around the Hulk.

He just wanted to destroy the Hulk and protect his daughter, and this was the Ross in Ang's movie.
Gonna have to disagree. The Ross in the comics is a flat General Ripper with no real redeeming features. He hates the Hulk because the script says that he's supposed to hate the Hulk, along with hippies, scientists, and random visiting aliens.

What made the Ang Lee Ross work is that he *didn't* hate the Hulk, nor Banner. He was afraid of them, and distrusted them, but by halfway through he *pitied* them, once he understood what was going on. In essence, he was an antagonist, but a rare example of a legitimate Lawful Good antagonist.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #653
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

General Ross should be the modern day equivalent of the "torches and pitchforks" crowd from Frankenstein.. Ang Lee handled it so much better than Louis Letterier.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #654
ElToro
Im No Side-Kick lol

yea theres no question about this one...clearly and factually The Incredable Hulk was better lol nuff said

Old 02-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #655
TheDevilIsMe
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
I know alot of people hate the final fight in Ang's version, but i thought it was brilliant. Hulk get's more powerful the angrier he gets right? That's how he usually defeats his foes, by getting angrier and stronger and SMASHING!!!! them.
This is what I missed about 'The Incredible Hulk' and 'The Avengers'. He should get bigger the more angry he gets - that's important to his abilities.

I think the Hulk's appearance was nailed in 'The Incredible Hulk'. Love that type of green. 'Avengers' Hulk is too bright.

TheDevilIsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #656
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Ron View Post
General Ross should be the modern day equivalent of the "torches and pitchforks" crowd from Frankenstein.. Ang Lee handled it so much better than Louis Letterier.
Well yeah, Ang got it spot on in that regard, Ross may have started feeling sorry for Banner during the course of the movie, but he still didnt hesitate in trying to kill Banner/Hulk when he thought he needed to.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:32 PM   #657
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Ron View Post
. . .I can't comprehend your post. The first half directly contradicts the second half.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #658
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Speaking of Ross, how would you guys feel in getting Red Hulk on the big screen?

Old 02-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #659
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

I feel like this would literally be my reaction if I saw that garbage on screen.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #660
kedrell
Correction, I AM SWISS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Speaking of Ross, how would you guys feel in getting Red Hulk on the big screen?
I already have high blood pressure and having an aneurysm in the middle of a Hulk movie is not the kind of good time I'm looking for so I'd have to give a big negatory to that idea.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #661
kedrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilIsMe View Post
This is what I missed about 'The Incredible Hulk' and 'The Avengers'. He should get bigger the more angry he gets - that's important to his abilities.

I think the Hulk's appearance was nailed in 'The Incredible Hulk'. Love that type of green. 'Avengers' Hulk is too bright.
Please God, no. Just no. It completely gets the character wrong. He isn't Giant-Man. His superpowers have little to do with him being large. His already superhuman size is really just an after-effect and while important to getting his accurate 'look' right, has little else to do with the character.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #662
DarkNinja22

The Incredible Hulk ftw, mostly because of the connection to the avengers . Most people seem to forget the 2003 hulk because of this.
I really hope they continue the dr sterns story line in any future hulk movie with ruffalo .

DarkNinja22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:58 AM   #663
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
I actually wouldnt mind it, sure he was written terribly in the Loeb run, but I think the character could be made to work, and its not like the Hulk has an over-abundance of villains that would adapt well to the big screen.

Plus he could eventually become an Avenger. It would have to be well down the line from now, but I wouldnt say no to it at all.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 02-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #664
kedrell

I'd rather see some good ole' Peter David villains(after the Leader of course...he HAS to be next) than Red Hulk. Gestalt, Speedfreak, Madman, Mercy, maybe even Rock & Redeemer(who ALSO was General Ross).

Old 02-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #665
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Just say no to Red Hulk. The fact that his comic only became readable when it became "Red Hulk gets beat up by ____ today" is telling.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #666
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

I still say Red Hulk = Marvel's Poochie

Old 02-17-2013, 06:40 AM   #667
riderishot
Side-Kick

hmarr, found ash check out our board

riderishot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:44 AM   #668
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Ang Lee's Hulk had some good moments but it was ultimately drawn out and boring. It also had one of the worst villains in comic book history.

The Incredible Hulk is fantastic, it's probably the most underrated movie of the Marvel film universe. It really reminded me of the Hulk TV series, which I loved as a kid and I loved Edward Norton as Bruce Banner. I will admit that Mark Ruffalo was better in Avengers and I wish he had done this or Norton had done Avenbers just for continuity. But this Hulk film was amazing in my opinion, one of my favourite comic book movies.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:11 AM   #669
BatFitz
Side-Kick

I like them both, but I prefer the 2003 film. I was blown away by Ang Lee's 'Hulk' when I saw it in the theater. It's been ten years and I still think it works as a thoughtful film that dives into the character. And as a film that meditates on the subject of anger/repression. The cinematography is gorgeous too! (And one of Danny Elfman's more underrated musical scores as well) The comic book editing is pretty brave. There are times when you can see how it serves the film but it can be alienating at times. (and this is a personal preference, but I always like it when Hulk is set against the back drop of the American desert. Visually, it just works for me.)

'The Incredible Hulk' works best as a piece of the puzzle in the context of the new Marvel Cinematic Universe. If it was just on it's own, I believe it would be more forgettable. That said, I still think Norton's Bruce Banner was good and first act in Brazil was very cool.

BatFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #670
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFitz View Post
I like them both, but I prefer the 2003 film. I was blown away by Ang Lee's 'Hulk' when I saw it in the theater. It's been ten years and I still think it works as a thoughtful film that dives into the character. And as a film that meditates on the subject of anger/repression. The cinematography is gorgeous too! (And one of Danny Elfman's more underrated musical scores as well) The comic book editing is pretty brave. There are times when you can see how it serves the film but it can be alienating at times. (and this is a personal preference, but I always like it when Hulk is set against the back drop of the American desert. Visually, it just works for me.)

'The Incredible Hulk' works best as a piece of the puzzle in the context of the new Marvel Cinematic Universe. If it was just on it's own, I believe it would be more forgettable. That said, I still think Norton's Bruce Banner was good and first act in Brazil was very cool.
Wow, this couldnt sum my feelings anymore than I could myself, I still love Ang's Hulk as much as if not more than when I first saw and loved it in the cinema in 2003. I too love how it delves deep into both Banner and The Hulk and what drives them, and how repression/anger can have a major effect on a persons psyche, in this case to the point were it literally turns him into what first appears to be a monster, but we learn through isnt. Its just great stuff from start to finish in my eyes.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #671
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

I disagree with Mr. Felt; Red Hulk can be a wonderfully intriguing character when written properly. As seen in Jeff Parker's extensive run on the title.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:17 AM   #672
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I have only ever read the Loeb stuff but even then I thought the character had potential, think a good screenwriter could make him into something interesting.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #673
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I think Red Hulk is a potentially good idea, but I have an issue with him being the next Hulk villain. Someone like the Leader who offers a different type of threat I feel should be used. The last film had Abomination, who is basically another Hulk. Red Hulk I think would not be enough of a difference for the villain much like Vanko was too similar to Stane, only less threatening and more shallow. I'd like to see Ross develop more as a character and see Hulk face a different kind of threat in a sequel. Not be sent into space or fight a red version of himself.

Last edited by Spider-Fan; 02-21-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #674
Spider-Aziz
I like Nachos

Quote:
If he will suck radiation from other creatures, Hulk is cured as he desired for so long, but then he exposes himself to gamma again
No way no day

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
I feel like this would literally be my reaction if I saw that garbage on screen.

He was done well in Earth Mightiest Heroes

"I Never Apologize."
Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #675
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I think Red Hulk is a potentially good idea, but I have an issue with him being the next Hulk villain. Someone like the Leader who offers a different type of threat I feel should be used. The last film had Abomination, who is basically another Hulk. Red Hulk I think would not be enough of a difference for the villain much like Vanko was too similar to Stane, only less threatening and more shallow. I'd like to see Ross develop more as a character and see Hulk face a different kind of threat in a sequel. Not be sent into space or fight a red version of himself.
I dont know, The Leader always just creates or uses another Monstor to fight Hulk who is a clone of him or gamma radiated in some way, so I just dont see The Leader as a big threat personally, not on his own anyway.

Maybe Red Hulk could be the henchman to The Leader or something as he will use one. I doubt we are going to see the likes of Zzazzz or Wendigo on the big screen. Planet Hulk seems the next logical step to me simply because it develops the Hulk as a character as well.