Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #226
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
(And Loki, delightfully, proved ever to be the trickster on that matter.)
You gotta love that guy. No one can trust him.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #227
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
(And Loki, delightfully, proved ever to be the trickster on that matter.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idun View Post
You gotta love that guy. No one can trust him.
His taunting of Surtur is sublime, too.

@Elizah: I don't have my copy of Simonson's stuff anymore, either. I think Surtur was interested in "cleansing" all the Nine Realms with fire just as a matter of general principle.

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 02-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #228
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
His taunting of Surtur is sublime, too.

@Elizah: I don't have my copy of Simonson's stuff anymore, either. I think Surtur was interested in "cleansing" all the Nine Realms with fire just as a matter of general principle.
I'll have to see if I can find a panel or something, but I was under the impression that the massive Winter had to come first.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #229
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
OT Re: Fimbul Winter: spoilery speculation for Thor 2 I'm putting in spoiler tags because I do think this is a strong possibility.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
in the Simonson run, Malekith uses the Casket of Ancient Winter to bring that winter and "prepare" for Surtur's arrival. It seems like that has to happen before Surtur can arrive. I dont have the Omnibus in front of me anymore but it was something to do with freezing up Earth and then Surtur wipes things clean with his fire, or something like that.

Anyway, the Casket was used in the first film, and was lost, possibly destroyed. The casket's cold came from Niffleheim, and I recall something about it coming from Ymir specifically in myth but I can't recall exactly that part. In any case, I did bring up the idea not long ago, with there seeming to be Ice Giants and so possibly Ymir too, in Thor 2, that Ymir could be the last big fight in London, and perhaps his destruction causes that massive winter on Earth that carries over for a long long time, over the course of several films until Surtur shows up in Thor 3... and concidentally what is the next Marvel film called? The Winter Soldier. Thoughts?

Btw, in reviewing the video in front of St Paul's cathederal of crowds looking around confused for a while, then panicking and running, prior to that they are looking up and all around in confusion. Certainly a sudden blizzard then a giant Ice moster appearing would cause that type of "what is that? what's going on? Oh no everybody run!" type reaction along with cars crashing (that aren't there in those scenes so must be added after). I do not believe it's a reaction to the Dark Elf ship based on where the location is in comparison to Greenwich. And I dont think it's a reaction to Thor and Kurse fighting. Could be wrong but I dont think that's what it is, I think it's something in the sky.

Certainly if this is the case there is A LOT being added to this in post production, but I think it's possible and it would fit well with having one more part of the prophecy fullfilled before Ragnarok.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

You're welcome.
Lol Captain America: The Winter Soldier has nothing to do with frozen stuff lol. It's simply a title given to bucky, as a brainwashed assasin by the russians. It's one of captain America's best arcs. I wouldn't say it is hinting at anything thor related lol

Quote:
It's true Thor destroyed the bridge. And it's also true that Loki backed him into a corner, leaving him no other choice.

This next comment is in response to material in Elizah's spoiler button. It's not itself spoiler material, so I'm not shielding it:

In Simonson, Surtur calls forth his servant Malekith to retrieve the Casket of Ancient Winters from where it had been hidden on Midgard by its human protectors. Malekith was to open the Casket. The Ancient Winters would freeze the seal on the entrance of Muspelheim and allow Surtur to bust out using Twilight. (Malekith preferred to open the Casket on Midgard to avoid messing up his own realm, but it didn't work out that way.)

Part of Malekith's machinations on the way to that was to strike a bargain with Loki. (And Loki, delightfully, proved ever to be the trickster on that matter.) There's potential yet for something like that in Thor2.

DOOM!

Old 02-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #230
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Da-da-dam! *epic fateful music*

Old 02-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #231
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
DOOM!
Quote:
Da-da-dam! *epic fateful music*
hahahaha!

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 02-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #232
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Lol Captain America: The Winter Soldier has nothing to do with frozen stuff lol. It's simply a title given to bucky, as a brainwashed assasin by the russians. It's one of captain America's best arcs. I wouldn't say it is hinting at anything thor related lol
I'm well aware of that being a reference to Bucky, but that doesn't mean that something in Cap2 won't somehow tie in with the other films, and this is just one way that could possibly maybe happen. So...

*tries think of an interesting and appropriate sound effect to respond with*

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff fffffft!

Old 02-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #233
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

I wonder who has the Casket of Ancient Winters and if it will show up again in Thor:TDW or possibly Thor 3.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #234
Bloogun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
I wonder who has the Casket of Ancient Winters and if it will show up again in Thor:TDW or possibly Thor 3.
Malekith is known for having stolen the Casket so I'm hoping it appears in The Dark World.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #235
Godzilla2000
Legendary Dragon Reborn

Quote:
Loki is gunna be the trigger of ragnarok
I called that all the way back in Avengers.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #236
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I called that all the way back in Avengers.
It's gunna happen. I know it is

Old 02-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #237
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Ack, there's nothing like the end of the world. Or a new beginning.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:23 AM   #238
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

In the desperate search for new news I came across this old blog about Tom that was posted way back in 2011 after the first Thor movie came out. Just as his star was starting to rise.

Very little relevance to this thread, I know, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Besides, it does contain some interesting tidbits about the man that you may or may not already know - and a picture of young Tom.

http://mohawkins.blogspot.com/2011/0...iddleston.html

Old 02-21-2013, 03:31 AM   #239
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Thank you. Not that he's that old now though.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:07 AM   #240
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Quote:
Thank you. Not that he's that old now though.
True! Young-er Tom. He's still a mere infant, isn't he?

I really should be ashamed...

Old 02-21-2013, 10:05 AM   #241
elizah72
Side-Kick

Trust me, when it comes to Hiddles there are A LOT of "dirty old ladies" out there.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #242
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Well, I prefer "cougar," but dirty old lady applies as well!

Old 02-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #243
Godzilla2000
Legendary Dragon Reborn

I just wonder what Tom thinks about all of this. From my perspective I'd think all this attention would be exciting in the beginning but it would quickly lose all appeal when you can't go anywhere anonymously anymore. And ladies and/or guys just throwing themselves at you might be great too but it would soon get boring and a bit embarrassing in a desperate way the lengths some people will go to just to get a piece of you. I'd wager all these distractions can make it hard to just have some time to get focused. Maybe this is why he took that sojourn to Africa where he could recharge his battery and get away from all that excessiveness that the wrong influences heap upon you when people start noticing you.

P.S. He's only 8 years younger than I am, not that wide an age gap.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 02-21-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #244
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I just wonder what Tom thinks about all of this. From my perspective I'd think all this attention would be exciting in the beginning but it would quickly lose all appeal when you can't go anywhere anonymously anymore. And ladies and/or guys just throwing themselves at you might be great too but it would soon get boring and a bit embarrassing in a desperate way the lengths some people will go to just to get a piece of you. I'd wager all these distractions can make it hard to just have some time to get focused. Maybe this is why he took that sojourn to Africa where he could recharge his battery and get away from all that excessiveness that the wrong influences heap upon you when people start noticing you.
hahaha YESSS. It most certainly would be wearysome. Though, when the fans get THAT extreme, I think it's moreso of an obsession.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #245
Godzilla2000
Legendary Dragon Reborn

Quote:
hahaha YESSS. It most certainly would be wearysome. Though, when the fans get THAT extreme, I think it's moreso of an obsession.
I don't know, I guess it would depend upon the personality and appetites of each individual celebrity as to what they like to engage in in their spare time. Some celebs and their exploits are as prolific in their carnal excesses as breeding rabbits, like Madonna or Gene Simmons.

This is just my opinion but based upon what I've read Tom seems to be about pacing himself at work and in his leisure. He doesn't seem to me to be the excessive type.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #246
Idun
Destroyer of snowmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Fangirl View Post
True! Young-er Tom. He's still a mere infant, isn't he?

I really should be ashamed...
Oh you're so not. Me? I married myself a man younger than me. He's in Hiddleston's age and I'm not ashamed at all.

Quote:
Fame certainly has its drawbacks, that's for sure. At the same time it's what keeps jobs coming, so a certain amount of fame and attention is necessary. The attention can mess with people's minds, but it's also a confidence boost, provided he/she can handle it.

Last edited by Idun; 02-21-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #247
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Quote:
Trust me, when it comes to Hiddles there are A LOT of "dirty old ladies" out there.
If older guys can do it....

All joking aside, no naughty thoughts from me (okay, maybe a couple!). I just like looking at Tom. A lot. He's pretty!

Old 02-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #248
elizah72
Side-Kick

Just to be clear about that little joke there, if anyone is offended. I am 9 years older than Hiddles and not afraid to admit, LOTS of naughty thoughts from me.

awwwww...yeah...

Old 02-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #249
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Quote:
Oh you're so not. Me? I married myself a man younger than me. He's in Hiddleston's age and I'm not ashamed at all.

Fame certainly has its drawbacks, that's for sure. At the same time it's what keeps jobs coming, so a certain amount of fame and attention is necessary. The attention can mess with people's minds, but it's also a confidence boost, provided he/she can handle it.
That's my thought on the matter. An actor, by the very nature of his profession, is someone who at least on some level requires attention. You have to be very well grounded to handle it in a healthy way.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #250
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Quote:
Just to be clear about that little joke there, if anyone is offended. I am 9 years older than Hiddles and not afraid to admit, LOTS of naughty thoughts from me.

awwwww...yeah...

Nine years?!? Pshhh! I've held a driver's license almost as long as Tom's been alive. I earned my moniker.

Gosh, he's pretty!

Closed Thread