The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #351
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
The only issue I had with the movie costumes is that the eyes always reminded me of the Foot from the Ninja Turtle movies. ASM didn't help either.

Kirsten looks great with the dark red hair. I'll never understand why they were okay with her orange-ish hair in the next two. Was it because they didn't want to use a wig again?
I agree. She looks a bit more sexy with that darker hair. In the first film she had a wig,but in parts 2 and 3,wasn't that her real hair?
Btw,everytime I see videos like these they make me miss those films even more. The excitement those Raimi films generated for me will never happen again.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Old 02-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #352
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Maybe the orange-ish was because it's more natural. That's what natural redheads look like, not the dark red hair.

I did prefer her look in the first movie, though. She was more attractive there.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #353
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Agreed... she really felt like MJ in the first one.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 02-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #354
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Well, to be fair, you did say

But I think I agree with you, I like that look too. Though I'm totally happy with the suit we got in the films as well.
Lol, I didn't mean it as something that was fact when I asked if I was the only one.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #355
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom75 View Post
I agree. She looks a bit more sexy with that darker hair. In the first film she had a wig,but in parts 2 and 3,wasn't that her real hair?
Btw,everytime I see videos like these they make me miss those films even more. The excitement those Raimi films generated for me will never happen again.
Yeah, 2 and 3 were natural hair, but SM1 she had a wig.

And yeah, it really brings back memories when I see those old videos. Life was much more simpler back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
Maybe the orange-ish was because it's more natural. That's what natural redheads look like, not the dark red hair.

I did prefer her look in the first movie, though. She was more attractive there.
True, but why go to an Orange color after using a deep red in the first? Not to mention, it still made sense to go that dark since its part of the character's look from the comics.

My guess is they tried to dye her hair red but it didn't work and came out somewhere in between. In SM3 it was darker, but not as colorful as the first, which really did make her look great in the first one.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:21 AM   #356
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom75 View Post
I did not know that
Can't tell the difference between her hair and the wig

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.

6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #357
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
Agreed... she really felt like MJ in the first one.
Ditto.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #358
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I did not know that
Can't tell the difference between her hair and the wig
Her bangs, the very front of her hair (in the first movie) was her; everything else was a wig. Her real hair was actually very short at the time.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #359
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

It wasn't just her hair is it? She also embodies classic MJ more in the first one with her acting. In the sequels her MJ-ness slowly diluted and dissolved and was replaced with a solution of melodrama and cliche Damsel in Distressness.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #360
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Funny considering she was a damsel in distress more times in the first movie than she was in the the other two.

- The Joker
Old 02-10-2013, 02:41 AM   #361
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Here's some pictures I found of stuntman Chris O' Hara in the Spidey suit.

From Spider-Man 2.

Spider-Man 3.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

DeviantArt. Art blog. Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram. YouTube.

INFINITE WONDERS- read comics I draw. _TIMESPACE.

Last edited by Spidey_62; 02-10-2013 at 02:46 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:16 AM   #362
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Is it just me, or does he kinda look thinner than Maguire?

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.

6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #363
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Funny considering she was a damsel in distress more times in the first movie than she was in the the other two.
Yes. But I agree with Excelsior.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #364
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
Yes. But I agree with Excelsior.
I'm sure you do but I don't buy your reasons. Not only was she a bigger damsel in distress in the first movie, but she also went through more men in the first movie. From Flash to Harry to kissing Spidey to trying to score Peter at the end.

- The Joker
Old 02-15-2013, 03:56 PM   #365
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

I came to dislike her depiction in the trilogy overall. Frankly she reminded me of my ex.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #366
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Why? Not only was she a bigger damsel in distress in the first movie, but she also went through more men in the first movie. From Flash to Harry to kissing Spidey to trying to score Peter at the end.
I don't think "damsel in distress' is the right way to describe this behavior.

But I agree, in the first film she was the typical damsel, whereas in the second, she was only taken in the end. In the third, Harry used her as leverage to get to Peter initally, but considering the initial plan was to make Gwen be the target at the end after she was already in trouble, I'd say she would have out-damseled MJ in SM3.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:56 PM   #367
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

I finally opened my Hot Toys Spider-Man and wowee does it look nice. Don't know why I didn't open it sooner.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

DeviantArt. Art blog. Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram. YouTube.

INFINITE WONDERS- read comics I draw. _TIMESPACE.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #368
webhead731
I'm a photographer

That is the only Hot Toys I own. Wonderful isn't it?

Old 02-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #369
Doc Ock
Hellboy for Halloween?

The amount of jealously that emotes from me from looking at the beauty of this toy of all things is insane. Wow, I don't think wonderful does it justice.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:49 PM   #370
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

That is just the sexiest thing i've ever laid eyes on.

There is. No. Pepe Silvia.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:37 AM   #371
Schrute
Side-Kick

So with the general consensus being that Spider-Man 3 wasn't very good, are there still certain things you thought it was best at?

I thought the first New Goblin vs. Peter fight was the best action scene of the series for example.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #372
Anno_Domini
Banned User

'Wasn't very good' is an understatement.

ALTHOUGH, I will say this...I still loved J.K. Simmons and James Franco in it(the two best actors in the entire trilogy), the "births" of Sandman and Venom, Stan Lee's cameo(his best in any Marvel film by far) and certain moments with the action(the mansion fight would've been my favorite set piece in S-M 3 but the dialogue kills it for me).

Old 02-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #373
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Is the Symbiote randomly landing on Earth with no precedent (as per the logic established in the franchise) the worse bit of writing in the series? It beats John Blake randomly knowing Batman and that was pretty bad.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 02-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #374
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Is the Symbiote randomly landing on Earth with no precedent (as per the logic established in the franchise) the worse bit of writing in the series? It beats John Blake randomly knowing Batman and that was pretty bad.

Either the symbiote or Harry's butler...

Hellion, just curious... How well do you think you'd do in a death-match here? Who do you think would vote for you?
Old 02-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #375
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Harry's butler is easily the worst thing ever in the trilogy. He knows about the wounds and doesn't tell a ****ing soul for two and a half years

That beats the symbiote randomly landing near Peter. At least that goes in stride with the "Peter Parker luck".

Closed Thread