The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 02-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #76
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

if anyone here is still looking for the cowl edition of TDKR, this guy on ebay currently has 3 new copies left. pretty decently priced at $52. it's the cheapest i've seen it on sale for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Knight-...21184322808%26

GREEN =w= DAY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:19 AM   #77
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 2

So glad I pre-ordered that in october. Lol

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:09 AM   #78
timothy007elena

cant believe no one has uploaded the "dark knight reborn" documentary - in australia we cant buy the exclusive best buy packaging. i have the broken cowl one but i need this documentary bad! if anyone can help pm me

cheers

timothy007elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:52 AM   #79
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy007elena View Post
cant believe no one has uploaded the "dark knight reborn" documentary - in australia we cant buy the exclusive best buy packaging. i have the broken cowl one but i need this documentary bad! if anyone can help pm me

cheers
I'm in Australia, too... but I thought NO ONE had that doco?! Isn't it being released on the Ultimate Collection box set toward the end of the year?

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:35 AM   #80
timothy007elena

came out only with best buy :-(

but thought it would be on torrent sites or youtube by now!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-THE-DARK...item1c2e2d692b

Old 02-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #81
timothy007elena

still can't find it :-(

Old 02-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #82
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

There isn't much on that docu, it's pretty much old extras footage from the previous movies cut with the behind the scenes footage for TDKR which you can find on youtube.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #83
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid-Man View Post
Any word on the Ultimate Trilogy Boxed Set?
EDIT: Nevermind, it comes out Aug, Sep or Oct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
Anyword on whats included on the ultimate trilogy boxset??? (Been away from the fourms for a while)
Here's something new.....
http://www.bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-fi...n-blu-ray-disc

Translated:
Quote:
Theatrical Cut (German & U.S. version identical), Uncut, 5 discs, BD (5x), bonus disc, PiP, extras includes in HD (part), special packaging, image formats from The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises alternates between 2.40: 1 and 1.78:1
It looks like the BD features for all 3 films remains the same. And it also posted a release date of September.

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!

Last edited by Dragon_316ca; 02-21-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Dragon_316ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #84
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Uncut!!!?????

Extended versions of all three films or just TDKR?

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #85
JaD
Thriller Night

Yeah, I was wondering what they mean by "Uncut" there...

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #86
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Could be a translation hiccup.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #87
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

God I hope this is true...

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #88
Brother Jack
Onion Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid-Man View Post
God I hope this is true...
Don't get your hopes up.

For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning.
Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #89
JackWhite
Third Man

lol, I just saw that on Nolanfans. It's BS I bet. Call me a pessimist, but I just can't believe Nolan would do a directors cut.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #90
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Just this once I wouldn't mind Nolan eschewing his philosophy.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #91
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Just this once I wouldn't mind Nolan eschewing his philosophy.
Oh, same here man. I've never been big on directors cuts in general, but TDKR could definitely benefit from it.

Thing is, I really don't see him doing it. I was reading some more of TDK Trilogy book the other day, and I think it was Lee Smith who mentioned Nolan not wanting the film to be significantly longer than the previous two films.

But yeah, keep the hope alive I guess.

JackWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #92
kvz5
HBIC

Unfortunately, I doubt that's true.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:39 PM   #93
Victarion
Cut

Aside from Bane's training, what proof do we have of more stuff being filmed and cut?
Sorry for being that guy.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:54 AM   #94
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Yeah, I think an extended cut would basically just be little moments here and there all the way through.

There's definitely some footage of The Bat that didn't make the final cut though. Both from the final chase (as seen in the Blu-ray ads), and that other part where it's flying through the tunnel. Probably some of the second Batman/Bane fight was cut down too. Foley's full death scene. Etc.

Just the way it is with these movies, sometimes some awesome stuff gets cut. We'll probably never even know the half of it. Remember that AMAZEballs wideshot of Joker and the Chechen in front of the burning cash, from the Dominos trailer? "This town...is MIIIIIINE now." *Chills*

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #95
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
Aside from Bane's training, what proof do we have of more stuff being filmed and cut?
Sorry for being that guy.
There's definitely a lot of stuff that was left in the editing room. Lee Smith says that they had a lot more footage for Rises than normal.But i dont think that was anything major . Just longer scenes , lots of different setups , probably a lot of action footage . As he said , Nolan didn't want a movie much bigger than the other two. So they probably trimmed the fat of some scenes.

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #96
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I agree with BatLobster on this one...besides just extended moments here and there, or a few additional things, I don't think we'd see a whole lot more stuff. If there was a 400-page draft, that's all it was, a draft. Half of that stuff is wiped off in further drafts and they might just be only a few more additional stuff that was meant to be filmed but taken out for the theatrical cut.

And even look at Bane's training...it was only meant to be extended into Talia's speech, so, yah...just extensions and a few additional things I'd say that would ever pop up in an extended cut.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #97
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue

While it would be neat to get some of those minor filler scenes as at least deleted footage I'd rather have these "ultimate editions" have commentary by Nolan, his brother, and Goyer. That'll make it more than worthwhile to me to re-buy these for what'll be the 100th time.

Team Andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #98
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Yah, I would be fine if we don't get some extended cut either unless we have something that focuses on Batman and the attention on his first return in the film, which is the only thing I feel is missing in TDKR anyways. If not, then I'm perfectly fine with the cut of TDKR I have.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #99
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Even though it says uncut right at the bottom it says length 457 minutes and when you add up the IMDB length of the films it comes up to 457 minutes.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #100
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Yeah, I wouldn't bank on it.