The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2013, 05:09 AM   #10
The Batman
The Dark Knight
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,157
Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post


Then I guess you didn't pay attention. The movies made it pretty clear that Scott was their field leader.
And I know you're not actually paying attention to a damn thing I'm saying. For the third time, these elements may be established in the films, but they're done in such an unsatisfying manner that people feel they're essentially non existent. And you can talk about Avengers all you want, but no one criticizes Captain America's or Thor's roles like they do Cyclops



Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
And when he left the team...its because he thought she was dead.

And when they had a romance...it was under Scott's nose.
Thank you for repeating what I just told you as if I didnt understand.



Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
The movies pretty clearly did so as well.
In your opinion.



Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
So none of the characters in the X-Men franchise were "awesome"?
Trying reading what I said. I said Star Wars tried to make much of their characters awesome, for lack of a better word. That dosen't imply that I think that Wolverine is the only impressive character in the films.



Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
How was he undermined from the start?

I feel that Jim Caviezel was right when he passed on the role. The only times they felt like doing anything significant character wise is in regards to his relationship with Wolverine and Jean. Again....this is only my opinion on the matter.



Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
"It feels nonexistent"? That’s absolute nonsense.
To you. And I'm sure the Batboards feel the same way about your posts when you go over there to criticize TDKR.



Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
No, it's a mark of people's inability to properly interpret a film and remember the specifics of a film.
Once again...that's your opinion.



Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Scott isn’t defined with his relationship with Wolverine, either...what's your point?
I feel that film Cyclops is. That's my point. How you feel about that does not matter to me.



Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Then again...you weren't paying attention. At all.
Then again...that's your assumption.

"He dosen't agree with me, so he wasn't paying attention!" Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
And if she was with Scott in part because he was dependable? So what?

YOUR opinion is that she was with Scott "in part" because of his dependability.

I believe that that was the ONLY reason she was with Scott. Or, it could be interpreted that way, because their relationship was not done in a satisfying manner.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Welcome to the Batman v Superman forums, where people will take a perfectly reasonable comment you make and twist it into something completely different to make themselves feel better.
The Batman is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.