The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 02-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #351
laytonc32
Side-Kick

Default Re: Mysterious Character: The Peter Dinklage Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Can we finally do away with some of the crazy theories and start to admit MTV may have been right on the money on him as Trask.

If you want to see Dinklage's reall voice watch him on Nip/Tuck season 4.

as for casting of younger characters who knows what he means.

Then why not admit he is Trask? Trask isn't a shocking character that needs to be teased. Who knows then it could be a made up character like in the case of John Harrison. I wouldn't put it past Singer to go that route. I guess he could pick some obscure character like he did with Stryker. Someone mentioned Stephen Lang, who was involved in the sentinel project. Until, we get an official announcement, I won't assume anything.

laytonc32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #352
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

What he said leads credage to to Trask.Your forgetting that when Kevin bacon was cast for First Class they didn't announce who It Is.

There Is kinda of a denial going on here with many willing to believe It could be anyone but
Trask.All signs point to Trask getting the Stryker treatment.It makes sense to have creator of Sentinles be In film with Sentinles In major role.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #353
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
What he said leads credage to to Trask.Your forgetting that when Kevin bacon was cast for First Class they didn't announce who It Is.

There Is kinda of a denial going on here with many willing to believe It could be anyone but
Trask.All signs point to Trask getting the Stryker treatment.It makes sense to have creator of Sentinles be In film with Sentinles In major role.
It does make sense. But it isn't confirmed, so stop acting like everyone should immediately agree with you. They can't be in denial if its not confirmed. When Singer says "Dinklage is Trask" and they still don't believe then you can say they are in denial.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #354
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

But there Is denial here.Many mention any role besides Trask.It's not trying to get everybody to agree with me.MTV had tip Trask Is who he Is playing.Bryan Singer's he's
not CGI character supports that.There Is very good chance Singer Is giving Trask the stryker treatment.Many are Ignoring that It could be Trask.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #355
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
But there Is denial here.Many mention any role besides Trask.It's not trying to get everybody to agree with me.MTV had tip Trask Is who he Is playing.Bryan Singer's he's
not CGI character supports that.There Is very good chance Singer Is giving Trask the stryker treatment.Many are Ignoring that It could be Trask.
I feel like you just ignored my post. There is a difference between denial and disagreement

Old 02-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #356
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

MTV could have gotten bogues tip just like Trek Movie may prove to be totally wrong with their scoops of Khan and Spock Prime In Star Trek Into darkness.

The fact remains Peter Dinklage Is likely playing a human antagonist to mutants and he's
not playing Nixon.The way this film I shaping up If he's not trask chances are he's an original character created to fill Trask Void.

The fact remains some will need to accept he could be playing Trask.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #357
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

MTV knows about as much as we do. Nothing. It's all mere speculation.

Mulholland-Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #358
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
MTV could have gotten bogues tip just like Trek Movie may prove to be totally wrong with their scoops of Khan and Spock Prime In Star Trek Into darkness.

The fact remains Peter Dinklage Is likely playing a human antagonist to mutants and he's
not playing Nixon.The way this film I shaping up If he's not trask chances are he's an original character created to fill Trask Void.

The fact remains some will need to accept he could be playing Trask.
I think everyone accepts he COULD be playing Trask, but there is no problem debating whether he SHOULD be playing Trask.

Until we know for sure, there is going to be debate and speculation and Trask is going to generate that when you consider Bill Duke already was Trask. He might have been a pointless Trask, but he was still Trask. Hoping that audiences won't remember that isn't exactly the best approach to filmmaking.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #359
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Well they say they got tip from source.It's similar to trekMovie with Star Trek Into Darkness.

SInce he's not playing a CGI character In film he Is likely playing human character.
Someone has to be target of Brotherhood which will set In motion the future with Sentinles.I doudt It will be Nixon.The creator of sentinles rather It be Trask or original Character created to fill Trask's place makes sense.

With Bryan Singer basiclly confirming most of film takes place In 1973 any new characters they can squeeze would be In 1973 setting.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #360
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I think everyone accepts he COULD be playing Trask, but there is no problem debating whether he SHOULD be playing Trask.

Until we know for sure, there is going to be debate and speculation and Trask is going to generate that when you consider Bill Duke already was Trask. He might have been a pointless Trask, but he was still Trask. Hoping that audiences won't remember that isn't exactly the best approach to filmmaking.
People wanting them to threw In teenage Cyclops,Jean,and Storm In 1973 would be an even bigger error than having Trask.As I have pointed out Trask In last stand was Trask In name only.His first name never mentioned and no Indication
of him being a scientist.It's not out of question they pull a Emma Frost and Moira Mactaggert with him as Trask In DOFP

Old 02-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #361
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
People wanting them to threw In teenage Cyclops,Jean,and Storm In 1973 would be an even bigger error than having Trask.As I have pointed out Trask In last stand was Trask In name only.His first name never mentioned and no Indication
of him being a scientist.It's not out of question they pull a Emma Frost and Moira Mactaggert with him as Trask In DOFP
Agreed, but what you are in denial about is that it is also not out of the question that they don't pull an Emma frost. At this point they have equal possibility of happening. To be clear I am NOT saying he isn't Trask. I'm saying the possibilities are much wider than you make it seem.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #362
laytonc32
Side-Kick

There are other human antagonists besides Trask. You have Stephen Lang and Graydon Creed. I think don't you can't rule either one of those guys out. Lang also was one of the creators of the Sentinels and has been in the comic much longer than Trask. Trask died very early in the comics while Lang has been in more storylines.

Last edited by laytonc32; 02-22-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #363
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Stephen Lang didn't create sentinles.As for Graydon Creed that's too much a can of worms
to be used.

Trask's short amont of time In comics Is reason why they may use him.They have opening to give him the stryker treatment.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #364
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Lang created the Mark 3 Sentinels. Thats more than enough reason for me to substitute him for Trask

Old 02-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #365
laytonc32
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
Lang created the Mark 3 Sentinels. Thats more than enough reason for me to substitute him for Trask

Yeah and he has been linked longer to the Sentinels than Trask. I think he was his assistant at the time so he is considered one of the founders of the Sentinel program. As for Creed, it would be interesting to see the Friends of Humanity as a terrorist group not sure if it fits well into this movie.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:45 PM   #366
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by laytonc32 View Post
Then why not admit he is Trask?
Because it keeps people talking.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:54 PM   #367
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Lang would have to an even bigger reimaging than Trask for Dinklage to play him.

Graydon Creed and friends of humanity are not going to be In this film.

With Nixon as actual character that gives strong hint target of Brotherhood Is someone In government possibly working on weapons against Mutants.

There has to be reason why Sentinles aren't threat to world till after trilogy.The best explanation would be eather plans are lost and not found for years or tech to bring sentinles to reality Isn't possible till years later.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #368
laytonc32
Side-Kick

Quote:
Lang would have to an even bigger reimaging than Trask for Dinklage to play him.

With Nixon as actual character that gives strong hint target of Brotherhood Is someone In government possibly working on weapons against Mutants.

There has to be reason why Sentinles aren't threat to world till after trilogy.The best explanation would be eather plans are lost and not found for years or tech to bring sentinles to reality Isn't possible till years later.

How is changing Lang any different than changing Trask? They are both scientists who worked on the program during the 70s and neither are short. Lang would also get around the problem with X3 and Secretary Trask.

Last edited by laytonc32; 02-22-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #369
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:

What you expect and what you know are two different things. I don't see much reason to discount other possibilities from the conversation.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #370
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Why use Graydon Creed,which creates more problems due to facts of his character,and who has no connection to Sentinles.They had Trask,less likely but possable Lang,or original
character than creed.

For dinklage to play antagonist sugests he has something to do with sentinles since this Is
what Is at core of DOFP story.

Stryker was changed from reverand to Military black ops officer and scientist since he was villain of God Loves Man Kills which was starting point for X2.Creed has no connection.For them to use someone actual connected to Sentinles makes more sense.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #371
laytonc32
Side-Kick

Stryker was a huge change from the comic book. They could radically change Creed but then you get the mess with Sabertooth being his father. I think Lang is more likely than Creed honestly. I wouldn't discount Lang and would give him the same odds as Trask.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #372
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why use Graydon Creed,which creates more problems due to facts of his character,and who has no connection to Sentinles.They had Trask,less likely but possable Lang,or original
character than creed.

For dinklage to play antagonist sugests he has something to do with sentinles since this Is
what Is at core of DOFP story.

Stryker was changed from reverand to Military black ops officer and scientist since he was villain of God Loves Man Kills which was starting point for X2.Creed has no connection.For them to use someone actual connected to Sentinles makes more sense.
If they changed Stryker, why can't they change Creed?

Old 02-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #373
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

What's the point of having Creed.He has no connection to Sentinles.

Stryker was used In X2 since he was villian of story.If anyone think a studio would let
heavy of film be a revend and risk angering relgious groups they are crazy.

This film Is laregly taking place In 1973,for sentinles as major part of story It makes sense human antagist and subject who sets in motion future with sentinles to be character who has history In sentinles storys.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #374
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
What's the point of having Creed.He has no connection to Sentinles.

Stryker was used In X2 since he was villian of story.If anyone think a studio would let
heavy of film be a revend and risk angering relgious groups they are crazy.

This film Is laregly taking place In 1973,for sentinles as major part of story It makes sense human antagist and subject who sets in motion future with sentinles to be character who has history In sentinles storys.
If its ok to change Stryker, it would be ok to change Creed

Old 02-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #375
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Why would they even want to include creed In story when they have better opotions.
Your forgetting that Stryker was villain of god loves man kills which was starting point for
X2.Creed has no connection to DOFP or Sentinles.