The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 01-17-2013, 01:56 AM   #526
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Default Re: New characters you want to see in the First Class sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
A viral website for the Sentinels would be interesting and creative!
We need the makers to pick this up!

Old 02-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #527
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Singer said that he was negotiating with another actor for a role in the film now, and that additional announcements about that casting ,as well as some “younger” characters, may be coming shortly.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...r-bryan-singer
edited: have just read the whole interview, so more quotes about it:

Quote:
And there’s an attitude [difference]. We discover our characters, particularly the younger characters, at a different place in their lives. Every character you discover in this movie is in a completely different place than you’ve ever seen, emotionally, and it's about them moving through that. Hilarity ensues!
Quote:
There’s another person that we’re negotiating with right now, so hopefully that will work out and they’ll be a part of the movie as well. And there are some new roles, younger roles that will appear in the movie.
we'll probably find it out in a matter of weeks, so before speculation finally ends on March, lets make our bets! which young characters will appear on this sequel?

Last edited by Angamb; 02-22-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #528
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Here are problems they have.with Origins and Last Stand not being outright Ignored It's probelmatic trying to bring In teenage versions of Cyclops,Jean Grey,and Storm.

Polaris who would be logicil step of characters not used In films has problems.First off she Is Magneto's daughter and has similar powers.It would be stretch imaging Michael Fassbender with grown daughter,and kinda har to Introduce character who same powers as Magneto and have no connection to Magneto.

If you think Havok and Banshee are c list characters then any others not yet used would be D list.

You can defently assume from Bryan Singer's latest Interview that

Majority of film takes place In 1973 11 years after first class

The future scenes are likely Original trilogy actors and sentinles.

Any new characters are In 1973 scenes

The Time Travel will likely be like Comic and be a mind swap

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #529
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

If they're able to create some explanation for it, then Scott, Jean, and Ororo would be great for the 70s team. If not, Polaris and Sunfire would be great as well. If the father-daughter connection between Erik and Lorna is maintained, it doesn't have to be dealt with in this film. Perhaps it could be hinted at, but it could be properly dealt with in a subsequent film.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #530
laytonc32
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Here are problems they have.with Origins and Last Stand not being outright Ignored It's probelmatic trying to bring In teenage versions of Cyclops,Jean Grey,and Storm.

Polaris who would be logicil step of characters not used In films has problems.First off she Is Magneto's daughter and has similar powers.It would be stretch imaging Michael Fassbender with grown daughter,and kinda har to Introduce character who same powers as Magneto and have no connection to Magneto.

If you think Havok and Banshee are c list characters then any others not yet used would be D list.

You can defently assume from Bryan Singer's latest Interview that

Majority of film takes place In 1973 11 years after first class

The future scenes are likely Original trilogy actors and sentinles.

Any new characters are In 1973 scenes

The Time Travel will likely be like Comic and be a mind swap
There are other X-men characters who aren't d list. Bishop comes to mind. There is Cable, but he might be a little tough to work into this film. I wouldn't be shocked if he brought in Dazzler since he is interested in the character. I disagree about the mind swap because that would mean it would have to be Xavier, which I am not a fan of doing. I still suspect some type of time travel power. I wouldn't be shocked to see several characters go to the past with Shadowcat being one of them.

laytonc32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #531
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
If they're able to create some explanation for it, then Scott, Jean, and Ororo would be great for the 70s team. If not, Polaris and Sunfire would be great as well. If the father-daughter connection between Erik and Lorna is maintained, it doesn't have to be dealt with in this film. Perhaps it could be hinted at, but it could be properly dealt with in a subsequent film.
Id LOVE that. stuff like this would actually EXPAND the universe Millar and Singer have been talking.

They dont need to tell the audience that they are related, just to show Erik kind of surprised with her having the same power and having his doubts, same as Xavier. That wont need more than 10 seconds to each leader. And the next sequel could finally adress it. Even if Polaris is not exactly his daugther, but just an old lover daugther.

I doubt Singer introduces Polaris, but if she is announced in the next weeks, Im gonna get even more excited wont have hopes, tho.

Sunfire would be amazing too. To have Havok, Banshee and Sunfire on the same movie would be a BIG nod to early comics. again, I dont have hopes, lol

I have the feeling Singer will add a random mutant, from the 90's or 00's. but we'll see. Hope to be wrong.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #532
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by laytonc32 View Post
There are other X-men characters who aren't d list. Bishop comes to mind. There is Cable, but he might be a little tough to work into this film. I wouldn't be shocked if he brought in Dazzler since he is interested in the character. I disagree about the mind swap because that would mean it would have to be Xavier, which I am not a fan of doing. I still suspect some type of time travel power. I wouldn't be shocked to see several characters go to the past with Shadowcat being one of them.
If you call Havok and Banshee C list characters what do you call Bishop.Cable Is mostly a other X Universe character.He has rarely been an X-Man.

It's fairly obvious a familar character from Original trilogy will be time traveler.
That takes Bishop out.

Dazzler was only a X_Man for short time.Havok and Banshee have more history In X-Men than Dazzler.

Bryan Singer has been hinting at them using mind swap.That means Xavier or Wolverine or less likely Mystique.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #533
laytonc32
Side-Kick

I was just saying Bishop is just as well known as Havok and Banshee. He has been in some major comic book storylines over the last 20 years. He was even a major part of the Civil War storyline. Havok and Banshee have never made it into a major storyline like that. I am not saying Bishop will be in the film but he is someone who should be in one and he is no d list characer.

I have not heard anything specific about it being a mind swap. All Singer said was he was looking at time travel as power based which could imply a mutant who can create time portals like Trevor Fitzroy or Gateway.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #534
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

They don't necessarily have to make the father-daughter connection with Polaris. She could just simply be a girl that has the same powers as he does but even if they did make her his daughter it wouldn't be that big of a stretch. Since this takes place ten years after First Class, Erik would certainly be old enough to have a teenage or pre-teen daughter by then. He and Charles would at least have to be in their early 40's by now.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #535
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

They don't need to make Polaris as Magneto's daughter because Magneto having children is just gonna open a new door for questions and its another revelation about the character that I don't think DOFP should focus on.

If there's new younger characters for the 70s X-Men, I want it to be Dazzler and Polaris. For the future/present X-Men, I don't want new characters, unless its Bishop but I think he should be in his 30s or 40s.

Quote:
If you call Havok and Banshee C list characters what do you call Bishop.Cable Is mostly a other X Universe character.He has rarely been an X-Man.
Bishop, Cable, Banshee and Havok aree all B-list X-Men characters since they already appeared in the cartoons, the videogames, as action figures and for Havok/Banshee they also appeared in a X-Men movie.

A D-list X-men character is someone like Blindfold or Anole.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #536
laytonc32
Side-Kick

Quote:
They don't need to make Polaris as Magneto's daughter because Magneto having children is just gonna open a new door for questions and its another revelation about the character that I don't think DOFP should focus on.

If there's new younger characters for the 70s X-Men, I want it to be Dazzler and Polaris. For the future/present X-Men, I don't want new characters, unless its Bishop but I think he should be in his 30s or 40s.

Bishop, Cable, Banshee and Havok aree all B-list X-Men characters since they already appeared in the cartoons, the videogames, as action figures and for Havok/Banshee they also appeared in a X-Men movie.

A D-list X-men character is someone like Blindfold or Anole.

Yeah I don't really consider any of them C list characters. Cable might be the most known of them, although not sure how you handle him on film. Bishop could work and would love to see him in a X-men movie.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #537
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I have heard people call Banshee and Havol c list X-Men characters.

I have said It beore and I will say It again Bishop would take time away from returning cast members especilly since Bryan Singer more or less confirmed majority of film will be set In

Polaris has the magneto problem due to fact her powers are same as his.

Dazzler was only an X-Man for short amont of time and I would hate for her to get more attention than havok and Banshee.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:15 PM   #538
laytonc32
Side-Kick

Bishop could have a small part and be more of a cameo. And we will need other mutants in the past, otherwise Xavier should have students. Nothing wrong with having Dazzler and Sunfire there, even if they are just small parts.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #539
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Polaris has the magneto problem due to fact her powers are same as his.
I also said this before, but there's a way for including Polaris without her looking like Magneto 2.0. They could show her ability on making force fields, concussive blasts and waves. Plus her green hair will help stand out more.

We have already seen with mutants with the same abilities
-Healing (Sabretooth/Wolverine in X1/Origins, Wolverine/Deathstrike in X2)
-Claws (Wolverine/Deathstrike in X2)
-Telepathy (Professor X/Jean Grey in X1 to X3, Emma/Professor X in FC)

So its not going to be a big deal if Polaris can manipulate metals in the movie too and as if its gonna get a lot of reaction from the casual viewers like "are they related to each other that their powers are so similar". I don't think so.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #540
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

I don't see Bryan bringing in more unfamiliar mutants in an already crowded film. At least not as main characters. Most likely I believe he will cast young Cyclops, Jean and Storm and keep it simple. They, along with Beast, Banshee, etc., make for a much more interesting and balanced team for the 70s than anything else.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 02-22-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:08 AM   #541
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

But bringing a younger version of Cyclops, Jean and Storm would require character development and I feel like its gonna be too much. They are gonna introduce the younger version of Cyke, Jean and Storm, and later in the movie, you'll have to deal with the original cast, Sentinels, the process of time travel and Bolivar Trask.

Unlike with introducing a minor or supporting characters like Polaris and Dazzler, they could give them a role like Havok and Banshee in First Class and it won't matter that much because they aren't Jean, Cyclops and Storm. But if the younger version of those 3 didn't get enough focus and screentime because the movie also had to deal with the original cast then it could be a problem for the movie.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:20 AM   #542
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
But bringing a younger version of Cyclops, Jean and Storm would require character development and I feel like its gonna be too much. They are gonna introduce the younger version of Cyke, Jean and Storm, and later in the movie, you'll have to deal with the original cast, Sentinels, the process of time travel and Bolivar Trask.

Unlike with introducing a minor or supporting characters like Polaris and Dazzler, they could give them a role like Havok and Banshee in First Class and it won't matter that much because they aren't Jean, Cyclops and Storm. But if the younger version of those 3 didn't get enough focus and screentime because the movie also had to deal with the original cast then it could be a problem for the movie.
You think so? I don't see it that way at all. All the character development necessary, at least for Jean has been invested already over the last few films:

*Jean already had a backstory in X3's opening flashback.

*If you want to count it, Cyclops had a backstory in XOW

Storm and Cyclops, although grossly underdeveloped compared to Wolverine are certainly extremely familiar to moviegoing audiences. There's no need for set-up to "introduce them", as there simply aren't any other mutant black girls with white hair or cute dorky guys with red glasses on their faces.

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:35 AM   #543
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
*Jean already had a backstory in X3's opening flashback.

*If you want to count it, Cyclops had a backstory in XOW
Thats another thing, Professor X could walk when he met Cyclops in XOW. Magneto/Prof X were friends when they first met Jean Grey. How are they gonna tie it to DOFP? If its gonna be a retcon, then thats another issue.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:42 AM   #544
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Thats another thing, Professor X could walk when he met Cyclops in XOW. Magneto/Prof X were friends when they first met Jean Grey. How are they gonna tie it to DOFP? If its gonna be a retcon, then thats another issue.

This could be solved by the whole time travel/time displacement/alternate timeline/alternate universe angle, and if it means we get to see Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Beast, Havok, and Banshee as a team, then that would be great.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:01 AM   #545
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
It depends how they choose to do it. They might have the time traveller(s) say to pastXavier: "In our world, you rescued a boy called Scott Summers and recruited two girls named Jean Grey and Ororo Munroe. You need to find them - now- because you're going to need them if you still want to exist."

Doing this in a film set in 1973 could be tricky but we already saw a Storm cameo in Cerebro in First Class, so they might be basing it on that.

Whichever way you do it, the timeline is screwed up in some way and some things are never going to match up.

It would feel more logical for young Scott, Jean and Ororo to arrive in the next film set in the 80s, but I don't know if the studio will wait for another movie to bring them in.

If they don't bring in those three, we are likely to get characters like Polaris, Dazzler, Sunfire, Thunderbird, Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:10 AM   #546
Angamb
Banned User

I think this movie has too many appealing factors already to be a huge success, so taking that into account, I think young Scott, Jean and Storm should be kept for third movie. They would get a better and bigger arc on that movie, and it wont be a chronological errror.

But if Bryan uses them now, ok, some fans will be pleased, others not, as always, lol

Old 02-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #547
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
I don't see Bryan bringing in more unfamiliar mutants in an already crowded film. At least not as main characters. Most likely I believe he will cast young Cyclops, Jean and Storm and keep it simple. They, along with Beast, Banshee, etc., make for a much more interesting and balanced team for the 70s than anything else.
The maths do not work for a young Jean or Scott to show up 1973. Even Storm, assuming she is older, would be a toddler around then.

The original trilogy was set more or less contemporary to it's release, if not leaning towards a 'near future' vibe. That began in 2000 and ended in 2006. Assuming 6 years didn't pass for the characters within the films (which obviously didn't, maybe a couple of years at the most) then we can say X1 was set around 2004 with X3 around 2006 (if not later with the near future vibe they were going for).

So if both Jean & Scott were born in 1973, they'd have been 33 at least for X3. If they are shown to be in their teens in 1973, then they were both in their late 40's for X3.

Only way to make them work in 1973 is to push the original trilogy back a decade or more before it was obviously set.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #548
Angamb
Banned User

Id love to see another flying mutant on the 70's timeline. To have two x-men flying at the same time would be a dream sequence to me.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:26 PM   #549
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

There's a danger in choosing potential characters via power displays. With that you get characters like Angel, Darwin, Havok, Riptide.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #550
Angamb
Banned User

I know. But if they are x-men from the 60's and 70's.... why not?