Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 07:27 AM   #451
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
He may be referring to the Mind Swap form of time travel used in the books. It's not what we'd normally consider as Time Travel as nothing physical moves in time, but rather the consciousness of one individual is 'displaced' to an earlier version of themselves (this form of travel would be more "steeped in the X-Men Mythos" as Singer states, being that it was used in the original DOFP story).

If that is the case then they seem a bit limited as to which of them can be the traveller (most of the future X-Men won't have been born yet). Wolverine (please no...) Xavier, Magneto, Beast & Mystique are the only viable ones I can think of atm (well, other First Classers might still be alive in the future, but until we get casting news on that the aforementioned seem like the only ones).
I really hope if it's mind dis/replacement it's not Xavier or Magneto, or even Raven! They've got their own stories to tell, I'd way rather see how they've changed and grown over the 10 year gap than see these young actors play the older versions of themselves. Especially Charles. Old man Xavier is so painfully dull it makes my teeth ache just thinking about it. And while Old Mags is interesting in his weary vengeance, I'm more interested in young Magneto's rage and figuring out his role as a leader. Raven should be left alone because we've got to see what it is that makes her go so cold on Charles, and while it could be argued that OldRaven inhabits her and never leaves, that still doesn't explain why she hates her brother!!

If the FC crew get to keep their minds and say, Charles gets a second voice in his head courtesy of OldXavier, THAT I'd be okay with. But for goddsake let the FC characters actually BE the FC characters. That's what most of the people going to see this movie will be going to see it for. I know people on this board are going to fight me on that comment because everyone here loves X1-2 oh-so-much and can't fathom that anyone could possibly be EXCITED by a FIRST CLASS sequel more than X4. But it's true. Normal moviegoers who aren't paying attention to news on this flick know that there's a "First Class sequel" coming and are excited to see it. Most people don't know that it's DOFP, or even that any of the old cast is going to be in it. And those most people, the ones who aren't paying attention to the news and will only learn these things with the first trailer, are the ones who are going to make the difference at the box office. Just saying.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:34 AM   #452
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

It looks like the comic version of time travel will be used.Which leaves us with
Xavier,or Wolverine as Time Traveler or less likely Mystique(which would mean Rebecca Romijn would return for future scenes)

As for Younger characters.I seriously doudt Banshee and Havok are just dropped.Most likely they will be recast because of 11 year time jump.He might
use this to also recast Emma Frost.A problem with bringing In teenage versions of Cyclops,Jean,and Storm Is Origins and Last stand are not outright Ignored.Now you can fudge the ages If you go with speculation of trilogy taking place In Mid 1990's.That's the only way you could ge away with Teenage CYclops,Jean,and Storm and again you have the origins and Last Stand problems with Jean and Cyclops.

The Interview defently hints at speculation of using time travel to alter events of Last Stand to get series out of holes for present of series that film left them in.Which Is what he may mean by correcting things.

So Cyclops and Jean fans you may get James Marsden and Famke Janssen at
end of film.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #453
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
I really hope if it's mind dis/replacement it's not Xavier or Magneto, or even Raven! They've got their own stories to tell, I'd way rather see how they've changed and grown over the 10 year gap than see these young actors play the older versions of themselves. Especially Charles. Old man Xavier is so painfully dull it makes my teeth ache just thinking about it. And while Old Mags is interesting in his weary vengeance, I'm more interested in young Magneto's rage and figuring out his role as a leader. Raven should be left alone because we've got to see what it is that makes her go so cold on Charles, and while it could be argued that OldRaven inhabits her and never leaves, that still doesn't explain why she hates her brother!!

If the FC crew get to keep their minds and say, Charles gets a second voice in his head courtesy of OldXavier, THAT I'd be okay with. But for goddsake let the FC characters actually BE the FC characters. That's what most of the people going to see this movie will be going to see it for. I know people on this board are going to fight me on that comment because everyone here loves X1-2 oh-so-much and can't fathom that anyone could possibly be EXCITED by a FIRST CLASS sequel more than X4. But it's true. Normal moviegoers who aren't paying attention to news on this flick know that there's a "First Class sequel" coming and are excited to see it. Most people don't know that it's DOFP, or even that any of the old cast is going to be in it. And those most people, the ones who aren't paying attention to the news and will only learn these things with the first trailer, are the ones who are going to make the difference at the box office. Just saying.
Oh please.You keep pushing this more people Intrested In first Class than X4 crap.First Class was lowest grossing film In series.Most people who saw first Class were die hard X-Men fans.

Bryan Singer directing and returning of original trilogy actors has created a lot of buzz.If warner Brothers Blinks and moves third Hobbit to christmas 2014 from July 18 release It will be because of buzz created by this event.

The minute Fox registered days of future Past dormain should have been tipoff this wasn't just a sequel to first Class.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #454
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post

So Cyclops and Jean fans you may get James Marsden and Famke Janssen at
end of film.
its good he is aware of how much people want to see them back

Old 02-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #455
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Well If It wasn't for Last Stand Cyclops and Jean would be part of future scenes.Both James Marsden and Famke Janssen are part of his clique of actors.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #456
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i think brian would do a better job with cyclops now then he did before, mostly because wolverine has had his moment about 5 times now, so in a way he is old news and we are losing things to find out about him

Old 02-22-2013, 08:33 AM   #457
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Wolverine will remain Important part of franchise and of Days of future Past however since

A:He's no longer needed as Introduction to world of X-Men as In first X-Men
B:His search for past came to end In X2

While Wolverine could be time traveler more and more my money Is On It being Xavier.
Now while die hard first Class may not like It remember Bryan has gone on record saying Xavier Is one of his favorate characters.Hell the reason for Xavier losing hair In films could be because of mind switch trama.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:33 AM   #458
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i think brian would do a better job with cyclops now then he did before, mostly because wolverine has had his moment about 5 times now, so in a way he is old news and we are losing things to find out about him

You would think that, but I doubt it. Wolverine is going to be a big part of this movie, and he will definitely have a bigger role than Cyclops. The pay Jackman the big bucks, so like Last Stand, he will have a dominate role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
Yeah but those people are ****s more or less. :o
Old 02-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #459
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Cyclops Is dead.There Isn't a lot Bryan can do with him since he's not Ignoring origins
and Last Stand.The best that can be done Is cameo at end of film showing time travel has altered present.Changing events of both Last Stand and preventing world with Sentinles.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #460
The Batman
The Dark Knight

^ I agree with that.

I'm just glad Fassbender will no doubt have a good role. Even though I'm a Cyclops fan, Young Magneto is easily my favorite X-Film character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
Yeah but those people are ****s more or less. :o
Old 02-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #461
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

The latest Singer interview on IGN is just great!

I love what he is saying about potential spin-off movies aside from Wolverine.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 5. The Avengers
6. The Dark Knight Rises | 7. X2 | 8. Spider-Man 2 | 9. Batman Returns | 10. Iron Man 3
Old 02-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #462
huzzah
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
I urge people to read this interview. It's just fascinating and Singer was very civil in stating that X-Men 3 was a bit of a let down. he chose the right words without being abrasive about it.
He can't moan about it if he decides to leave his own franchise. He directs two films so damn well direct the third.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #463
DarknessOfDeath
She's a Dame to Kill for

Im so excited for this movie. Interesting interview with Singer. I like him.

Get your game on, Marvel!!
Old 02-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #464
JP
Flame On

For those who continue to give Singer no credit for First Class:

Quote:
“It would be [weird] if I didn’t write the story for X-Men: First Class. I wrote the story to that movie and I produced it and I was instrumental in the casting, in design and involved in the post-production, so I was part of that movie. I initiated that movie and originated it so in that way, and worked with Matthew and I was the one who actually hired Matthew so in a way I feel like I’m not completely entering someone else’s franchise. I’m entering one that he executed wonderfully, but one that I was also part of.”
http://www.craveonline.com/film/arti...perman-sequels

Old 02-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #465
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post

Also dig his comments about being excited to direct Lawrence, McAvoy and Fassbender.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 5. The Avengers
6. The Dark Knight Rises | 7. X2 | 8. Spider-Man 2 | 9. Batman Returns | 10. Iron Man 3
Old 02-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #466
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

First Class was really half Bryan Singer X-Men universe and half Matthew Vaughn film.

It's going to be Intresting to see him direct James Mcavoy,Michael Fassbender,and
Jennifer Lawrence.Plus of course to see an X-Men film finally diected by him that has beast.
Jack The Giant Slayer will be first chance to see how Nicholas hOlt does under his direction.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #467
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post

wonder if Singer agreed to cast January as Emma. no joke.
Id like to know what he feels about the character on First Class, January, and of course, if he is interested in using her again

Old 02-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #468
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
There are science fiction aspects of the movie, and then there’s some retro science fiction that the X-Men films haven’t had quite yet. So we’re exploring that, which will be fun. And there’s an attitude [difference]. We discover our characters, particularly the younger characters, at a different place in their lives. Every character you discover in this movie is in a completely different place than you’ve ever seen, emotionally, and it's about them moving through that. Hilarity ensues!
Quote:
There’s another person that we’re negotiating with right now, so hopefully that will work out and they’ll be a part of the movie as well. And there are some new roles, younger roles that will appear in the movie
-Bryan Singer

So not only does it seem like Banshee/Havoc will return it also seems like they will be getting some new team mates. Hopefully female characters.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #469
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Th Confused Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
-Bryan Singer

So not only does it seem like Banshee/Havoc will return it also seems like they will be getting some new team mates. Hopefully female characters.
Quote:
There’s another person that we’re negotiating with right now, so hopefully that will work out and they’ll be a part of the movie as well. And there are some new roles, younger roles that will appear in the movie
younger cyclops and jean maybe? , when he says younger roles does he mean younger versions?

Old 02-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #470
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post

Also dig his comments about being excited to direct Lawrence, McAvoy and Fassbender.
agreed its good singer recognises the talents

Old 02-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #471
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Origins and last stand not being Ignored creates problems for that.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #472
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Oh please.You keep pushing this more people Intrested In first Class than X4 crap.First Class was lowest grossing film In series.Most people who saw first Class were die hard X-Men fans.

Bryan Singer directing and returning of original trilogy actors has created a lot of buzz.
Online buzz, yeah, but casual moviegoers who don't follow popular culture on the internet wouldn't be a part of that. Plus I'm not even sure how big this online buzz really is. I visit a few movie discussion forums and it's usual for threads for upcoming movies to appear months before it comes out. I've seen threads for Avengers 2, Spider-Man sequel, Justice League, but DoFP so far has been a no-show.

FC may not have been a smasher at the box office, but it has been the latest X-Men movie and the freshest one in people's minds. DoFP is still referred to as First Class sequel in DoFP-related articles I've read on mainstream movie sites (and the byline of this very forum). The return of the old actors raised people's interest, true, but they're still talked about as returning in the context of a First Class sequel.

And I very much doubt that the general public out there is hankering after X4 in the same way that X-Men die-hards are. That movie was made to be a conclusion of the trilogy, so from the point of view of the public all those stories and characters have come to a natural end. It wasn't meant to create a "I wonder what happened next" feeling in movie-goers.

Quote:
We discover our characters, particularly the younger characters, at a different place in their lives.
I just assumed that by younger characters Singer is referring to the younger Charles, Erik, Raven, Beast etc. Now that the old cast is back they're the youngsters

Old 02-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #473
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Your crazy If you don't think the return of original Trilogy actors doesn't create buzz.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #474
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
it probably doesn't mean anything to what brian actually means but yeah, don't think to much into it
Personally, I think that's his way of saying that a mutant will have the ability to time travel.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #475
Angamb
Banned User

the more they talk about time travel on the sequel, the more it seems it wont be an actual travel.
I think Xavier will play a key role with it. not my wish, but whatever

Closed Thread