Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #76
NanaT
X-Men United!

Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthenerds View Post
Why wouldn't they want to release that information? Why would Bryan be waiting this long?
Maybe they're still trying to make a deal with her. Or maybe there is some other reason that we don't know about. Maybe he wants to announce James, Halle and Famke together.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 02-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #77
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

From latest Bryan Singer Interview he talked about past cast member they are neogrtaing with and Halle Berry best fits the description of past cast member they would have to neograte with.The first Class actors are bound by contracts.James Marsden and Famke Janssen will only be In film In cameo at end If they are In film.I doudt Rebecca Romijn,ALan Cumming,and Daniel Cudmore would fit that description.

If Halle Is In film as storm some better be prepared this will be probally be one of her films like New Year's eve where she has a small role especilly since Bryan come close to confirming majority of DOFP takes place In 1973.She would likely return as part of cast reunion with Bryan directing.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #78
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
From latest Bryan Singer Interview he talked about past cast member they are neogrtaing with and Halle Berry best fits the description of past cast member they would have to neograte with.The first Class actors are bound by contracts.James Marsden and Famke Janssen will only be In film In cameo at end If they are In film.I doudt Rebecca Romijn,ALan Cumming,and Daniel Cudmore would fit that description.

If Halle Is In film as storm some better be prepared this will be probally be one of her films like New Year's eve where she has a small role especilly since Bryan come close to confirming majority of DOFP takes place In 1973.She would likely return as part of cast reunion with Bryan directing.
I'd be happy with a small role for Storm if it is a meaningful role where she has an important contribution to the plot - and if she looks/acts the part. No bad wigs or baggy clothes, give us the goddess and we'll happily make do with her in a small role as part of an ensemble.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #79
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Storm's role If she makes the cut may be to have some character Interaction as a prisoner and to be used for action sequenzes against Sentinles.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #80
HaSTUken

I love Storm, second to Rogue. If Storm came back, I'd much rather Angela Bassett take over. I've always seen Storm in her, and was hoping she would originally. She'd be awesome!

Old 02-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #81
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaSTUken View Post
I love Storm, second to Rogue. If Storm came back, I'd much rather Angela Bassett take over. I've always seen Storm in her, and was hoping she would originally. She'd be awesome!
She's too short and too old to be Storm. That ship has sailed, that record is played out.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #82
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The whold point of this film Is to have casts of both trilogy and first Class.

Angela Bassett wasn't Instread In Storm back In late 1990's/Her as Storm has long since sailed.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #83
HaSTUken

I know, wishful thinking! I just think she would have been perfect. I agree the originals should stick, but would rather her re-cast than not all. That's presuming HB backed out.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #84
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
James Marsden and Famke Janssen will only be In film In cameo at end If they are In film.I doudt Rebecca Romijn,ALan Cumming,and Daniel Cudmore would fit that description.
Again, we don't know that. Even if they appeared in the film, it could be a flashback scene, a dream sequence, a hallucination sequence or a montage from the previous films. No one confirmed that if they appeared in DOFP, it will just be in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
She's too short and too old to be Storm. That ship has sailed, that record is played out.
Yes! They should just bring back Halle Berry especially if she's willing to comeback. They are just gonna waste their effort if they will try to recast Halle Berry's Storm.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 02-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #85
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

With 2 time frames there Isn't going to be flashback scenes.

Use logic with them not ignoring Origins and Last STand the only way Cyclops and Jean
could,and that's the key word could,appear In this film would be at end If time travel has changed events of last Stand.They could use the J.J.abrams excuse that any changes because of time travel allows them to change anything they want.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #86
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Where may I read this latest interview?

I don't know about you...but the Hype's front page is saying that Bryan is teasing about the return of Jean and Scott. For some reason that gives me hope for Storm, don't ask me why...

Old 02-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #87
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
With 2 time frames there Isn't going to be flashback scenes.

Use logic with them not ignoring Origins and Last STand the only way Cyclops and Jean
could,and that's the key word could,appear In this film would be at end If time travel has changed events of last Stand.They could use the J.J.abrams excuse that any changes because of time travel allows them to change anything they want.
But nothing is confirmed yet if they will be in the movie or not. So its still up in the air. There's no confirmation yet that they will just appear in the end of the movie.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 02-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #88
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
From latest Bryan Singer Interview he talked about past cast member they are neogrtaing with and Halle Berry best fits the description of past cast member they would have to neograte with.
Bryan never said it's a past cast member. So this could very well be a new actor/character a la Dinklage.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:01 AM   #89
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Was Storm enough of a leader in X3 or was it all Wolverine instead?

Does Storm have a consistent personality and character throughout the trilogy?

Old 02-24-2013, 12:19 AM   #90
The Guard
Side-Kick

Continuing from the other thread.

Yes, I think she had a fairly consistent characterization throughout the franchise. She wasn't an entirely different character in each film. Maybe she has a different accent in one of them (X-MEN). But she's just showing different aspects of herself from film to film, all which intersect and overlap and form a more complete picture of her personality.

In X-MEN, she's a quiet, intense warrior who is revealed to have a softer, more compassionate side, and to secretly be a bit afraid of and to harbor some hatred against humans because of their persecution of mutants. She's also a teacher at the school, so one of the extensions of Xavier's dream.

In X2, she's still fairly compassionate, but they also expand on the concept of her fear and anger driving her, with Nightcrawler pointing out that she could have faith in something greater. She's still a teacher at the school.

In X3, she's, again, still somewhat the strong, silent type, but she's now starting to express herself in a full on X-mentorship capacity, in the Danger Room with the younger X-Men, regarding the cure, and with Logan regarding what has happened with Jean and what he needs to do, his role in the team.

In X3, both her and Wolverine's arcs involve them developing into leadership roles. She's more about keeping the focus and teamwork intact, and Wolverine is more the battle-hardened combat leader.

When does she lead in X3?

1. She's one of the leaders in the Danger Room scenario when the film starts. She's trying to teach the students something about defensive maneuvers.

2. During the Danger Room sequence, she's trying to reign Logan in and keep him focused, since he's being a bit of a loose cannon. Trying to foster teamwork. This is a leadership quality.

3. After the Danger Room session, she gives Logan a dressing down over his irresponsibility in the simulation. Again, a leadership move.

4. When the Cure is announced, she speaks up and is the one who voices the fact that they shouldn't feel like there's anything wrong with them.

5. When she and Logan go to Alkali Lake, it is Storm who takes point. She's the one leading them deeper into the mist. Its also Storm who keeps focus when they see what has happened and finds Jean.

6. At Jean's childhood home, when Logan wants to enter the house right away, Storm initially holds him back, deferring to Xavier's earlier orders.

7. I don't really think I need to explain how Storm giving Xavier's eulogy and talking about them carrying on his teachings is her being a leader.

8. Storm is the one who decides they're keeping the school open.

9. Storm confronts Logan when he is leaving to find Jean and tries to get him to understand what they will have to deal with, and, again, to keep him focused on fighting with the team VS his personal crusade. Again, a leadership quality.

10. Storm potentially brings the X-Men together for the final battle, as evidenced by the fact that she's already standing there in costume with them when Logan and Beast join them, when previously it is only Beast and Logan and Storm who knew about Alcatraz. She confronts Logan again before they leave, with the whole "Are you ready to do what you need to do when the time comes" thing, again, being a vocal leader.

11. She pilots the X-Jet into battle. So she's bringing them right into it. She also takes point in the battle, using her powers to intimidate Magneto's army.

12. At the end of the movie, she shows that she was willing to learn from Logan ("the best defense is a good offense").

13. After the battle, she's at the grave with Kitty, in her role as mentor. She's also shown welcoming mutant students to Xavier's institute, again, in the role of mentor.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night

Last edited by The Guard; 02-24-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:38 AM   #91
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Those are so minor. Most of your points don't make her a leader, and some of them make her look like a bad one.

1. She's a teacher. Just like all of the other X-men. The only difference in this movie is that only she and Wolverine are able to teach. And Wolverine dominates the danger room session.

2. She fails because Wolverine undermines her "leadership."

3. Wolverine is ultimately justified at the end of the movie, like you point out. Storm didn't teach or lead Wolverine.

4. And Beast has to shut her up due to her insensitivity. Does she even mention the cure again in the movie?

5. Of course Storm leads them through the mist... she controls the weather! Using her powers doesn't equate leadership.

6. Very, very minor.

7. Her Eulogy was out place considering how little Xavier and Storm interacted outside of X3. But when all the better developed characters are gone, just give the leftovers to storm.

8. Best moment of leadership, however it's completely shallow. The movie never explores how it affects her to keep it open. Why was there such doom and gloom over the school closing if Storm can just say one sentence and the school stays open?

9. Completely uncarring, unsympathetic, and unlikable... but yeah I guess it was leader-ish.

10. Grasping at straws. They don't show her preparing or motivating the students. Again, it's all Wolverine. He has the leader speech... she does absolutely squat and takes the backseat to Wolverine. And she comes across as cold again.

11. Minor. She pilots the jet in X2 also. And they were all using their powers. It's Wolverine with the strategy, telling everyone to hold the line.

12. Storm learns from Wolverine, but did Wolverine learn from Storm at all?

13. The movie ends with her as headmistress, but it's not developed at all.

As far as her personality goes, I'm not buying the "different aspects of her personality" bit. There isn't anything consistent between the three aspects. She's scared and insecure, then she's angry, and I don't even know what she was in X3. Whereas someone like Cyclops, who had less screen time than her in the movies, is consistent and when he acts the way he does in X3 he's justified.

The sad thing is that I like Storm, and I like Halle Berry. I just think the writing has been weak regarding her in the trilogy. They did amazingly with other characters, but if she's in DOFP I want to see better writing. Unless it's just a cameo.

Last edited by Mad Ones; 02-24-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:30 AM   #92
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
As far as her personality goes, I'm not buying the "different aspects of her personality" bit. There isn't anything consistent between the three aspects. She's scared and insecure, then she's angry, and I don't even know what she was in X3. Whereas someone like Cyclops, who had less screen time than her in the movies, is consistent and when he acts the way he does in X3 he's justified.

The sad thing is that I like Storm, and I like Halle Berry. I just think the writing has been weak regarding her in the trilogy. They did amazingly with other characters, but if she's in DOFP I want to see better writing. Unless it's just a cameo.
I have to agree with you. Storm has been the most lazily written character in the entire trilogy. X3 was supposed to be her movie, the same way X1 was Rogue's and X2 was Jean's. They came up with the great idea of Storm growing into this leader reminiscent of the comics but the execution was all wrong. Storm comes off as a cold character and there is no development of how she takes the responsibility of being a leader.

At alcatraz all logic points to Storm being the one giving orders but instead it is Logan. It just does my head in this franchises obsession over wolvie

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 02-24-2013, 06:40 AM   #93
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

making storm the leader was just a way to expand her role but all i remember was wolverine doin all the leading at the end.

I'll be honest her treatment in x3 and forced screentime have left me with little interest to see her back

Old 02-24-2013, 06:45 AM   #94
Electrix
Side-Kick

I've kind of accepted that Halle Berry's Storm won't be in DoFP. Storm vs. sentinels in the future would be a great opportunity, but I get the feeling Singer hasn't included her in the script for whatever reason.

Recent interviews from Bryan have got me thinking that they may introduce a younger Storm, along with young Jean and Cyclops. In the 10 years since First Class Xavier would have recruited more students and they could be part of the new team.

Old 02-24-2013, 07:28 AM   #95
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
Recent interviews from Bryan have got me thinking that they may introduce a younger Storm, along with young Jean and Cyclops. In the 10 years since First Class Xavier would have recruited more students and they could be part of the new team.
i wouldn't be surprised if that happened, but it would contradict origins abit

Old 02-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #96
lordofthenerds
Not a Goddamn Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i wouldn't be surprised if that happened, but it would contradict origins abit
While Bryan said this:
Quote:
"Iím taking into account every movie Ė Iím not just grabbing my first two movies and First Class and smashing them together. Iím taking into account the entire universe as itís been laid out so far on the screen, and really respecting it and trying to work with that. People took things in various directions, so thereís some clean-up. But ultimately Iím not just ignoring them either."
He never directly said he won't retcon anything. We don't know what "not just ignoring them" means to Bryan Singer. Does it mean he'll strive to fix all the continuity errors while making sure to avoid new ones? We all seem to be assuming that, but maybe he didn't mean it that way. Neither X-Men Origins Wolverine or X-Men: First Class ignored the OXT, but they were still riddled with continuity errors.

I wouldn't be surprised if he considers reintroducing a younger Cyclops in a more interesting fashion, along with Storm and Jean, to be a part of his 'clean-up'.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
You officially have no life.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #97
Double B
Side-Kick

If we're right and DoFP ends with a new timeline with Cyclops, Jean, alive and well in the X-Men. And they solider ahead with a First Class sequel and an X4, do people really see Cyclops, Jean and Storm in both series? In addition to Xavier, Magneto and Mystique? It seems like overkill.

If it is indeed their plan to have two movie series after this, that is.

But the timeline for Cyclops, Jean and Storm to be students in 1973 just doesn't work. If they were 16, at the youngest in 1973, they'd be born in 1957. And 43, at the youngest, during the OT.

Now, a FC sequel in the 80's, perhaps...

Old 02-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #98
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
I've kind of accepted that Halle Berry's Storm won't be in DoFP. Storm vs. sentinels in the future would be a great opportunity, but I get the feeling Singer hasn't included her in the script for whatever reason.
I actually am feeling just the opposite. I think Halle will make an appearance but it may be super duper brief. I mean, literally just brief enough to see her doing her worst against the Sentinels and being gunned down. And I'm actually okay with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix
I agree with you. I definitely think he is casting a young Scott, Jean and Ororo. And to be honest with you, his inclusion of Storm as a young woman may justify his means to not include Halle Berry (for obvious reasons).

And again, I'm okay with that too.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #99
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
If we're right and DoFP ends with a new timeline with Cyclops, Jean, alive and well in the X-Men. And they solider ahead with a First Class sequel and an X4, do people really see Cyclops, Jean and Storm in both series?
As I've mentioned before, I don't believe we'll see an X4. I think THIS (Days Of Future Past) is about as close as we're going to get to it.

I think it's possible that they'll either reboot the franchise completely or move forward with a more rounded out First-Class series. But as The Guard put it last night, this will likely be the original trilogy actors' "last hurrah".

Old 02-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #100
Angamb
Banned User

how cant u see X4 with the amazing cast Fox has and Marvel doing HUGE things with their heroes, Lighting? Lol

if Fox think smaller, they get smaller impacts.

X4 WOULD be a huge hit, regardless of what some fans think about the original cast, their age or whatever.

The original cast has ALL the familiar faces of the tv shows and comics, and if we get Gambit and Jean back, we'd get this:

Cyclops
Wolverine
Storm
Rogue
Gambit
Iceman
Kitty
Beast
Angel
Nightcrawler
Colossus

HOW on earth this movie would fail???

jokes appart, X4 would be huge. Fans and general audience would be shocked and excited to see them all together again after all these years, and once the pics started coming and the teaser trailer, I swear you all, the hype would be crazy, even more than right now with DOFP.

Closed Thread