The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #926
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusPonens View Post
Amy Adams interviewed briefly about being Lois Lane: http://www.vanityfair.com/online/osc...urbation-scene

Q: Your next movie out is Man of Steel. Lois Lane is a huge part. I have to give you a lot of credit for the diversity of the parts that you pick, or the parts that pick you.

Amy: Thank you. I literally went from The Master into shooting Man of Steel in like three days. It was pretty surreal.

Q: And Lois Lane, how fun!

Amy: Well, I like girls in the media, Krista. They’re smart. Always have good glasses and a smart pencil skirt. [Laughs.] I’m being facetious. But you know I love a pencil skirt. It was so fun, such a departure from anything I had done before. And more challenging than I expected, in the nature of creating these whole entire worlds that are not there.
Sounds like she had fun .
Good to know .

Old 02-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #927
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
You're going to be surprised when Snyder's announced to direct JL for a summer 2015 release.
You know that COULD Happen at Comic Con this year.
But ,I thought that last year so you never know .

Old 02-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #928
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
I think it will.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #929
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusPonens View Post
Amy Adams interviewed briefly about being Lois Lane: http://www.vanityfair.com/online/osc...urbation-scene

Q: Your next movie out is Man of Steel. Lois Lane is a huge part. I have to give you a lot of credit for the diversity of the parts that you pick, or the parts that pick you.

Amy: Thank you. I literally went from The Master into shooting Man of Steel in like three days. It was pretty surreal.

Q: And Lois Lane, how fun!

Amy: Well, I like girls in the media, Krista. They’re smart. Always have good glasses and a smart pencil skirt. [Laughs.] I’m being facetious. But you know I love a pencil skirt. It was so fun, such a departure from anything I had done before. And more challenging than I expected, in the nature of creating these whole entire worlds that are not there.
I don't mind seeing Amy in a pencil skirt

Old 02-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #930
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
At Comic Con 2006 they talked very confidently about Singer's Superman Returns sequel. Comic con might be a little early to know anything.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #931
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJimBinks View Post
At Comic Con 2006 they talked very confidently about Singer's Superman Returns sequel. Comic con might be a little early to know anything.
Ah, I remember that. "Wrath of Khan" talk and everything.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #932
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
Ah, I remember that. "Wrath of Khan" talk and everything.
It makes me sad. I would have loved to see that sequel. Look at X-Men 2 compared to X-Men. Lots of action and a great story.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:52 PM   #933
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgshw44 View Post
a sequel is definitely happening in 2015, im almost tempted to say regardless of box office (as long as word of mouth is good) my reasoning:

1. recent screaning and wb execs apparent enthusiasm
2. the proximity to wb then scrapping jl scipt
3. no longer rumors of snyder making a star wars universe movie
In the event it does well, yeah.

Don't doubt they haven't began spit-balling ideas at this stage. Granted that's common practice.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #934
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

If they do get a sequel and we still don't get Braniac, I'm gonna be pissed.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #935
fanboiii
disciple of truth

How about Lex develops Metallo using Kryptonian tech. 3rd Act: Metallo fails, Lex comes out with his own tech suit. At the end, we see a Brainiac program awaken in their armors.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #936
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJimBinks View Post
It makes me sad. I would have loved to see that sequel. Look at X-Men 2 compared to X-Men. Lots of action and a great story.
I used to be sad about it, but not so much anymore. I do agree that it would have likely been an improvement on Returns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
I have a feeling we'll see Brainiac in some (maybe a new) form in the sequel, since I'm sure that's what we'll get first and not a JL film.

I was guesstimating earlier today that Brainiac might be set up by the end of this film, since the plot shares some basic similarities with Superman: Earth One, volume 1. At the end of that book, after defeating the invading alien force & their giant ship, Superman pow-wows with the A.I. of his reconstructed Kryptonian lifeboat ship, which bears a symbol very similar to the typical 3-point Brainiac icon.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #937
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
Personally I'm hoping for Toyman

Old 02-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #938
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
I used to be sad about it, but not so much anymore. I do agree that it would have likely been an improvement on Returns.

I have a feeling we'll see Brainiac in some (maybe a new) form in the sequel, since I'm sure that's what we'll get first and not a JL film.

I was guesstimating earlier today that Brainiac might be set up by the end of this film, since the plot shares some basic similarities with Superman: Earth One, volume 1. At the end of that book, after defeating the invading alien force & their giant ship, Superman pow-wows with the A.I. of his reconstructed Kryptonian lifeboat ship, which bears a symbol very similar to the typical 3-point Brainiac icon.
That would be cool. At end of film, it's revealed that Brainiac attracted himself to the System of the Kryptonian ship.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #939
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
How about Lex develops Metallo using Kryptonian tech. 3rd Act: Metallo fails, Lex comes out with his own tech suit. At the end, we see a Brainiac program awaken in their armors.
I don't know if Metallo could match the threat level of Zod. Everytime I imagine a film with Metallo, it feels like a "threat of the week" type of thing, kind of like a very long, big budget TV episode. How do you make things bigger, which is what a sequel is supposed to be, with a villain who is so much weaker than the first? It would be a huge step down from Zod, in my opinion.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 02-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #940
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I kind of like the idea of having Superman's next threat being all earth based, especially after the first film having had villains that were all from space.

But it couldn't be Lex and Metallo alone; I would probably bring in Project Cadmus and such; the major purpose of the sequel being the backlash of Superman's presence on Earth and how the government and others are secretly planning ways to prepare themselves to take on Superman in case if he went rogue, etc.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #941
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Parasite would be my choice for the sequels villain.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #942
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Prepared to have your minds BLOWN!!111

If the sequel has Brainiac as the main baddie, the it should be called......

wait for it.......

SupermanIAC.......

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 02-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #943
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Prepared to have your minds BLOWN!!111

If the sequel has Brainiac as the main baddie, the it should be called......

wait for it.......

SupermanIAC.......

Old 02-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #944
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Parasite would be my choice for the sequels villain.
Parasite would be better as a side villian.

It would be cool to open a movie where Superman is already fighting a villian like Parasite and then move on from there.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #945
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
Parasite would be better as a side villian.

It would be cool to open a movie where Superman is already fighting a villian like Parasite and then move on from there.
Parasite would be cool, visually. My only fear is that the character would become lost in all the CGI.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #946
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Parasite might be too far-fetched for MOS's world though.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #947
SuperWig
Side-Kick

Superman Returns 2??? Ugghkk. What would the plot have been? Superman's son growing up and being in school and dealing with his powers as a teenager? If there was no SuperSon in returns, a sequel would have of worked, but the writers had to ruin everything, And the "S" ahhhhh, it was so small. haha

Old 02-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #948
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I kind of like the idea of having Superman's next threat being all earth based, especially after the first film having had villains that were all from space.

But it couldn't be Lex and Metallo alone; I would probably bring in Project Cadmus and such; the major purpose of the sequel being the backlash of Superman's presence on Earth and how the government and others are secretly planning ways to prepare themselves to take on Superman in case if he went rogue, etc.
I'm all for Brainiac in the sequel, but would definitely like to see these aspects explored.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 02-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #949
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWig View Post
Superman Returns 2??? Ugghkk. What would the plot have been? Superman's son growing up and being in school and dealing with his powers as a teenager? If there was no SuperSon in returns, a sequel would have of worked, but the writers had to ruin everything, And the "S" ahhhhh, it was so small. haha
http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=133489

Old 02-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #950
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Sounds like fan fic. Like killing Jar Jar Binks or something....I mean I hated the idea of the kid too, but that sounds way too apologetic to have came from the same guys that introduced the concept, IMO. Interesting though.

Damn, I wish we'd get some news already.

Closed Thread