The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #951
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post

Damn, I wish we'd get some news already.
If what the MOS facebook said ends up being true, then we can definitely expect to start getting our well earned batch of new materials for the film starting this March which is only a week away from now.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #952
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Not fan fiction.

That description is real.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #953
titansupes
Side-Kick

^ I remember that. I think it was going to be called Superman Unleashed, though. At least according to Legendary's private emlpoyee website.

Most of that sounds good. Except for the big problem of Returns becomes an even bigger problem for Unleashed: Superman is now forced to murder the son he had with Lois. My god. This is SUPERMAN. Can you imagine how the loss of a child would have affected the characters?

But I really like the "the world's pissed at Superman for witholding alien tech and not doing enough for third world countries etc." I wouldn't mind seeing that for MoSII. Include that with Earth based threats (Metallo, Parasite etc) funded by a certain shady business man...who is also running for President, and we might be on to something. Just have to find a way to make these villains as 'big' as Zod and co. (As somebody said, I too get a distinct 'villain of the week' vibe from Metallo).

EDIT: It's definately real. Dougherty even talked about it in an interview when it was clear they were being rebooted.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #954
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
^ I remember that. I think it was going to be called Superman Unleashed, though. At least according to Legendary's private emlpoyee website.

Most of that sounds good. Except for the big problem of Returns becomes an even bigger problem for Unleashed: Superman is now forced to murder the son he had with Lois. My god. This is SUPERMAN. Can you imagine how the loss of a child would have affected the characters?

But I really like the "the world's pissed at Superman for witholding alien tech and not doing enough for third world countries etc." I wouldn't mind seeing that for MoSII. Include that with Earth based threats (Metallo, Parasite etc) funded by a certain shady business man...who is also running for President, and we might be on to something. Just have to find a way to make these villains as 'big' as Zod and co. (As somebody said, I too get a distinct 'villain of the week' vibe from Metallo).

EDIT: It's definately real. Dougherty even talked about it in an interview when it was clear they were being rebooted.
A bulk of the story sounds like it was inspired from the comic book arc that was adapted into the "Superman vs the Elite" film where Superman was questioned several times on why he didn't supposedly do more for humanity when he has the means to, etc.

And yeah, i agree that I wouldn't mind seeing this type of storyline take place in future installments.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:46 PM   #955
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Since Amy talked about reacting to worlds that aren't there, do you think she might get kidnapped by Zod? Or do you just think she'll be reacting to CGI chaos?

Old 02-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #956
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

If it is truly real,I am glad that it was never made .

Old 02-22-2013, 10:48 PM   #957
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Since Amy talked about reacting to worlds that aren't there, do you think she might get kidnapped by Zod? Or do you just think she'll be reacting to CGI chaos?
Both are possible .

Old 02-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #958
titansupes
Side-Kick

^ I really hope she doesn't get kidnapped, to be honest... Obviously she'll be in some form of danger and Superman will save her. Just don't let her be kidnapped.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #959
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

If what NTF said is true, then Lois gets taken up with Superman to Zod's ship as part of the deal that the US Army made with them.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:15 PM   #960
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
If what NTF said is true, then Lois gets taken up with Superman to Zod's ship as part of the deal that the US Army made with them.
Did NOT know that. Thought she was just saying goodbye to him. Oh well, we'll see how it all plays out.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #961
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

I think that Zod wants Lois Lane so that he can make Superman do things he would never do, he would try to force Superman go against his wishes.

Old 02-22-2013, 11:45 PM   #962
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Man, I hope the Kryptonians' eyes glow crimson when using their heat-vision.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #963
titansupes
Side-Kick

One of the first thoughts I had when Snyder was announced was 'Oh, Heat Vision is going to go crazy in this one'. I don't want Superman's eyes glowing red with anger (JUST when he's about to use HV) but I wouldn't mind if Zod and co used it like that.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:10 AM   #964
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

http://io9.com/5986180/the-8-incredi...=recirculation

http://25.media.tumblr.com/83f2ffc92...dteyo1_500.gif
Old 02-23-2013, 12:13 AM   #965
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
One of the first thoughts I had when Snyder was announced was 'Oh, Heat Vision is going to go crazy in this one'. I don't want Superman's eyes glowing red with anger (JUST when he's about to use HV) but I wouldn't mind if Zod and co used it like that.
I looove when Superman's eyes glow crimson. He has that whole angry god thing going on. But yeah, when I first heard it was Snyder I was thinking the same thing! I find it hard to believe that someone like Snyder wouldn't go crazy with the heat vision.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:13 AM   #966
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
You just had to bring that up, didn't you?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:30 AM   #967
Super Kal
Side-Kick

quick question: has Zach talked about how he will portray Superman's ability of flight?

Old 02-23-2013, 02:02 AM   #968
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
quick question: has Zach talked about how he will portray Superman's ability of flight?
Not much, I think, other than the CGI-approach.

In general I hope they'll handle Clark's discovery of his powers in an interesting way. I seriously hope for some creative new angles on how they're discovered and what wonderful, strange and funny situations that'll lead to.

Does young Clark sleep-fly/hover from dreaming about it, so they have to keep the windows locked at night.
Will young Clark sneak a peak into the girls' locker-room through the wall and get his first moral concerns?
Funny little details like that. And that second part would be a good way to help humanize him.

Last edited by Rust; 02-23-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:28 AM   #969
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
I'm hugely serious. It's so the opposite of needy, it's like saying "We're so aware of the quality job we did with MOS that we're gonna keep using the name". Be creative with the movie, be succint with the title.
Reusing the title and just throwing numbers or RISES after it is stupid...hated how they just called it The Dark Knight Rises. That's a stupid ****ing name...ugh. **** like that grates on my nerves

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-23-2013, 03:05 AM   #970
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
I remember that when I read it I was so glad they decided to reboot instead.

It just sounds like pure ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
A bulk of the story sounds like it was inspired from the comic book arc that was adapted into the "Superman vs the Elite" film where Superman was questioned several times on why he didn't supposedly do more for humanity when he has the means to, etc.

And yeah, i agree that I wouldn't mind seeing this type of storyline take place in future installments.
No it had nothing to do with Superman vs the Elite that was based on Action Comics #775 story "What's So Funny About Truth Justice and the American Way" Joe Kelly who also wrote the script. It was just a fleshed out adaptation of the issue.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What's_...merican_Way%3F

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME

Last edited by BH/HHH; 02-23-2013 at 03:10 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:04 AM   #971
elgaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Prepared to have your minds BLOWN!!111

If the sequel has Brainiac as the main baddie, the it should be called......

wait for it.......

SupermanIAC.......

Old 02-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #972
robmx522
Banned User

man u all need some news this place is getting boring lol

Old 02-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #973
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

^ Damn right.
I'm done waiting for pictures.
I'm now waiting for Tv spots and the next trailer. April-June is going to hopefully be crazy ! Such an awesome time to be a Superman fan !

Old 02-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #974
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Things were starting to pick up and now it's cooled down again.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:29 AM   #975
Simo
Side-Kick

Well there's an auction coming up next weekend for props from the movie:
http://www.icollector.com/search.asp...q=man+of+steel

Nothing much though.

Closed Thread