The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #76
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

you didn't? Well it's about to get even cooler

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
only *cool* people wear sun glasses
Indeed!

Old 02-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #77
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Well we now know who these two guys are, should we spot them on Thor 2.

http://www.starnow.co.uk/julianseager
The above guy stated elsewhere that he is featured and part of combat team for Thor 2, so am assuming by that he may have a few lines?

http://www.starnow.co.uk/petertheobalds

and this is from a while back but apparently many of the "marauders" were part of this group, who have a page on facebook.
http://www.clanranald.org

I dont know if this was posted previously but it's slow right now so might as well share. If you go back on their facebook page to Sept. Then there are some interesting posts, particularly on the Sept 6 entry.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-C...nd/55957554131

Quote:
Sept 1: Superb weekend: Friday the boys were in Shepperton Studios getting fitted in their costumes for Thor II, Friday evening Saor Patrol flew back to germany for another MPS weekend. Today we had a crew attend the Carron Valley openday and one crew building longhouse roof at DunCarron Medieval Village. The openday was super! We have the nicest locals you could wish for and they are all really supportive of Duncarron. Hat's off to all the crews! You's are all Awesome!

Sept 6
Malin: So what did you do today?
Chick: We broke out of jail and kicked ass!
(Thor II, Shepperton Studios, England)

(Chick, btw, is their leader Charles Allen, also definitely in Thor 2)
http://www.castingcallpro.com/uk/view.php?uid=57478

Sept 10, Me: Hey, how was your first day on location? Was it good to be out of the studio?
Charlie: Aye, less hot, more extras.
Me: Did you get your weapons today?
Charlie: For sure. I got a sword. But it broke.
Me: How?
Charlie: eh..I fought with it..
Me: You broke it?
Charlie: But I made it last ALL day like!
Bodge Maximus (in the background): He broke 15 helmets and 20 spears too!!
Me: Are the extras ok?
Charlie: (pause)..
Me: What did the armourer say?
Charlie: ..he already met us on The Eagle. He gave me gaffer tape.

The Clanranald Trust for Scotland the boys are usually fighting each other, which mean pulling blows is unnecessary as they all know what to do..and how to fight. Unfortunately we're all one tribe this time so are fighting so called "special skills extras". These are people who register with casting agents as swordsmen, archers, riders...special skills. In short; we are fighting people who have signed up for it. Hurrah!

Last edited by elizah72; 02-21-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #78
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

I missed the science/magic stuff earlier, but I wanted to mention: I hope they keep Asgard magical and unexplained, but I always love to see science-obsessed characters desperately try to explain things like that. There was a great bit in Indestructible Hulk this week where Bruce Banner shows his lab assistants a sliver of uru metal and says, "Thor calls it 'enchanted.' I translate that into "containing unfamiliar subatomic properties we can exploit.'"

Old 02-22-2013, 01:44 AM   #79
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I dunno, but its appearance in Thor 1 was very bizarre. Some people say that it's shown to be on a planet, but it's not: it's the center of a freaking galaxy/star cluster. It defies all (known) laws of astrophysics.
That's part of what makes it so cool in my opinion.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 02-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #80
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

You can't beat that image of the sea around Bifrost turning into waterfalls that cascade down into space. I love flat Asgard.

Old 02-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #81
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
That's part of what makes it so cool in my opinion.
Agreed

Old 02-22-2013, 10:54 PM   #82
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Random thought.

Has anyone seen the animated DVD "Thor: Tales of Asgard?" No? Just me? Consider yourselves lucky, then.

Granted, it's a piece of teenage drivel and duller than a 50-year old pocket knife, but one thing interested me: its depiction of Algrim. In this story, Algrim is the sole survivor of the Dark Elf race, which was wiped out by Frost Giants long ago. Algrim was granted asylum in Asgard by Odin, and became his most trusted advisor. (He later betrays that trust, but not by turning into Kurse as you'd expect; and his motives are nothing like the comic books. But interesting.)

Anyway, I just wondered if there's a possibility in this film that Algrim will play a similar role --- i.e., a trusted friend and advisor to Odin. Long shot, I know, but it would offer an alternative take on why AAA had scenes with Hopkins and Russo, above and beyond the rumored death scene there. It would also give Algrim a simpler reason for being with the Asgardian royal couple other than a full-scale invasion or infiltration of the palace --- i.e., friend, not enemy. And it might give AAA more screen time.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-23-2013, 12:12 AM   #83
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I have seen it. Exactly what I thought of

Old 02-23-2013, 12:15 AM   #84
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

That would make sense, sam.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:18 AM   #85
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
I missed the science/magic stuff earlier, but I wanted to mention: I hope they keep Asgard magical and unexplained, but I always love to see science-obsessed characters desperately try to explain things like that. There was a great bit in Indestructible Hulk this week where Bruce Banner shows his lab assistants a sliver of uru metal and says, "Thor calls it 'enchanted.' I translate that into "containing unfamiliar subatomic properties we can exploit.'"
That was something that I hoped Stark would do in The Avengers. I hope they do it for TA2.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:57 AM   #86
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
You can't beat that image of the sea around Bifrost turning into waterfalls that cascade down into space. I love flat Asgard.
You sure can't

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
That was something that I hoped Stark would do in The Avengers. I hope they do it for TA2.
Stark wasn't bothered by Thor's existence at all, you'd think he'd be astounded by beings who's natural abilities exceed his IM suit's.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 02-23-2013, 03:55 AM   #87
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
You sure can't

Stark wasn't bothered by Thor's existence at all, you'd think he'd be astounded by beings who's natural abilities exceed his IM suit's.
it is a bit strange to me how Tony didn't seem to react to being around Thor, I mean even with all the knowledge he possesses there's no way he could have imagined someone like that before the event of Avengers. That factor, and the fact that he went through a wormhole thingy in Avengers could be a big factor to Tony's life going forward as we've seen through the alleged "deep space armor" design in his film.

I think if I met a super-human dude that isnt from this planet I'd react a little bit more surprised and curious than Tony seemed lol.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:09 AM   #88
Godzilla2000
A Hunter's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I think if I met a super-human dude that isnt from this planet I'd react a little bit more surprised and curious than Tony seemed lol.
I'd be like "Holy crap aliens are real...and man do they look hot!"

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- I'm not the type of person who gets pride from saying, "Look at me." I'd rather take a moment to step back and say to myself, "Look at my baby."
Old 02-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #89
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
it is a bit strange to me how Tony didn't seem to react to being around Thor, I mean even with all the knowledge he possesses there's no way he could have imagined someone like that before the event of Avengers. That factor, and the fact that he went through a wormhole thingy in Avengers could be a big factor to Tony's life going forward as we've seen through the alleged "deep space armor" design in his film.

"You've got a mean swing, Point Break."

I think Tony was probably initially dubious about Thor being an alien at all, and was just trying in his head to come up with different explanations; like maybe Thor was a mutant or super who just thought/pretended he was an ancient god from a distant world. But after fighting the Chitauri firsthand and zapping up to space and all, he probably had to quickly reassess.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #90
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I'd be like "Holy crap aliens are real...and man do they look hot!"
I think that's pretty much where Jane Foster's at. (both comments, actually)

"I have lived many ages of men, Steven. Centuries without end. I have seen many great men, and known countless honors. But the greatest honor of this ancient and tired soul has been the privilege of fighting beside you, and calling you my friend."
Old 02-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #91
elizah72
Side-Kick

Clive Russell (Tyr, Thor The Dark World) in Season 3 of Game of Thrones

Old 02-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #92
Manowar
Side-Kick

Quote:

Ironman was aware of the Hulk and I'm assuming the Abomination. So seeing Thor was just an expansion of new things.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #93
crounsa810
Side-Kick

I was just re-watching Thor today, and I took a moment to pause on the pages of the book Selvig picked up at the library. And on doing that, I paused the movie to read the part on Loki.

"Loki was a shape shifter that could turn into anything he wished. He was far more spiteful, cunning and deceitful than the other Gods in Asgard, which often led him into trouble. Trouble would be created because he loved playing mean and deceitful jokes on others. Eventually, he was seen for what he was and was distrusted. His quick wit and honey tongue inevitably caused the Aesir to forgive him which left room for his role in engineering the death of the god Balder."

So could it be that we didn't see Balder in Thor because he's already dead?

Old 02-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #94
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manowar View Post
Ironman was aware of the Hulk and I'm assuming the Abomination. So seeing Thor was just an expansion of new things.
Still, the Hulk and Abomination can rationally be explained using science, which Tony is familiar with. Someone as out there as Thor should make Tony very curious. Not just, "Oh, he's a God with a magic hammer. Cool, moving on.".

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #95
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Exactly. Most people would use the excuse that Tony had researched everyone before meeting them, and had come to terms that Thor was an actual god, but for him to never even ask Thor personally? Especially after their fight. It's like he wasn't even interested, so nonchalant about the situation.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #96
ThorOdinSon
Side-Kick

Because Marvel is too afraid to dwell into what Thor is these days, because they fear protest. They don't even want to call him god of thunder anymore, its prince of thunder these days. In the comics Tony rationalize Thor's magic, by believing its highly advanced science that he can't comprehend....yet. But Thor is not an alien, he is god from a different realm. And yes they should all, Stark in particular, have reacted to both Loki and Thor. But seeing as his father dealt with cosmic cube(captain america movie), he probably already had some knowledge of other wordily beings.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:04 AM   #97
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by crounsa810 View Post
I was just re-watching Thor today, and I took a moment to pause on the pages of the book Selvig picked up at the library. And on doing that, I paused the movie to read the part on Loki.

"Loki was a shape shifter that could turn into anything he wished. He was far more spiteful, cunning and deceitful than the other Gods in Asgard, which often led him into trouble. Trouble would be created because he loved playing mean and deceitful jokes on others. Eventually, he was seen for what he was and was distrusted. His quick wit and honey tongue inevitably caused the Aesir to forgive him which left room for his role in engineering the death of the god Balder."

So could it be that we didn't see Balder in Thor because he's already dead?
I wouldn't think so. If Balder is dead, then Ragnarok should've already taken place. Balder's death is what sets the doom-ball in motion.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:28 AM   #98
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick

Quote:

I'm surprised a lot of you think tony in the Avengers didnt react to either Asgardian, Starks first reaction to Loki was very hostile , I felt he felt pretty threaten of these people out there world..when he first interacted with Thor I felt like he didnt take him serious " Shakespeare in the park" I felt he did not respond well to the two men out of this world...

Old 02-24-2013, 01:14 AM   #99
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

That's not what we're talking about.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:14 AM   #100
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorOdinSon View Post
Because Marvel is too afraid to dwell into what Thor is these days, because they fear protest. They don't even want to call him god of thunder anymore, its prince of thunder these days. In the comics Tony rationalize Thor's magic, by believing its highly advanced science that he can't comprehend....yet. But Thor is not an alien, he is god from a different realm. And yes they should all, Stark in particular, have reacted to both Loki and Thor. But seeing as his father dealt with cosmic cube(captain america movie), he probably already had some knowledge of other wordily beings.

Thor and Loki were both referred to as gods throughout the movie, so I don't know about that.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Closed Thread