The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 02-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #626
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Default Re: Line-Up?

Last time I checked, no one that's been shown so far in the MCU is a shapeshifting Martian or an Atlantean king.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #627
Gary Griffith
Side-Kick

Sorry my bad. I meant it to be two different thoughts.

1) I'd love to see some obscure DC characters be used
2) Hopefully they will differentiate JL from Avengers

Didn't mean my thoughts to be a cause and effect. Guess that's what happens when you go out drinking with old buddies and post at 5 am!

Sorry for any confusion!

Gary Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:52 PM   #628
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Oh, that makes sense now... I think.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:32 AM   #629
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Griffith View Post
I'm totally on board with them using the big 5. Think that's the way to go. But if they did add extra characters I'd rather- instead of Aquaman or MM - that they go with someone like Dr. Fate or the Huntress or even Metamorpho or Black Lightning or Red Tornado. Something out of left field and to differentiate themselves from Marvel. I loved the Avengers, but I'd love to see a great and different JL film
Cyborg is probably the most likely of the more obscure characters I'd expect though I'd most like to see him as a former League member who now is the training and leading the Titans for their own movie.

Romans 8:19
Spider-Kurt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #630
Blackman
C'mon Son

I hope that they use the 7.
I like the 5 they picked but idk I dont think theyre very diverse. And I dont mean diverse in terms or race, gender, etc. I more mean that Batman, Superman, GL, Flash, WW have some similarities that dont make them as interesting as a team without some other characters imo

4/5 of them are against killing (or is it 3/5 does the book of oa still approve lethal force?). I think it would be cool to have at least some kind of argument about different methods and whether killing is necessary among the League members. You cant really have that when only 1 (maybe 2) of the members use lethal force

4/5 of them have secret identities. I think it would be cool to have Aquaman who like Wonder Woman (most of the time) doesnt have a secret identity and J'onn who can have multiple.

But thats just my opinion. I would like a line up with some diversity in it. I also dont want to wait until a sequel to see Aquaman and J'onn kick ass, especially J'onn because I feel he's being pushed to the side

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #631
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Last time I checked, no one that's been shown so far in the MCU is a shapeshifting Martian or an Atlantean king.

Best argument for why they need to be in there (original 7), the very least Martian Manhunter.

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #632
spidergeek232
I'm Not A Loser

I just want MM and Aquaman. They would be the bad asses of the team haha.

spidergeek232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #633
shauner111
Side-Kick

Ill say this for decades to come, 7 is absolutely wrong for a first movie.

And nobody is going to convince me in this lifetime that Aquaman and Batman need to have a scene together. There's no way that doesn't come off goofy in a live-action movie. A small role, I don't mind. His own solo movie? Fine. If it's made by the right people. But the thought of Batman/Aquaman having scenes together just makes me laugh, just like Batman up in space fighting aliens.

The ONLY way I would get aboard the idea, would be if Batman was still a dark character and Aquaman was played by an actor who in some way makes the character come off as a badass. Charlie Hunnam for example. Then it could work. I'd forget how ridiculous it is.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #634
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Ill say this for decades to come, 7 is absolutely wrong for a first movie.

And nobody is going to convince me in this lifetime that Aquaman and Batman need to have a scene together. There's no way that doesn't come off goofy in a live-action movie. A small role, I don't mind. His own solo movie? Fine. If it's made by the right people. But the thought of Batman/Aquaman having scenes together just makes me laugh, just like Batman up in space fighting aliens.

The ONLY way I would get aboard the idea, would be if Batman was still a dark character and Aquaman was played by an actor who in some way makes the character come off as a badass. Charlie Hunnam for example. Then it could work. I'd forget how ridiculous it is.
Justice League does not seem like a concept you enjoy.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #635
shauner111
Side-Kick

I love the concept of JL, I don't like the concept of over-crowding the film like Avengers or giving the audience NOTHING new for a sequel. 5 is a perfect balance. Adding the other 2 for a sequel adds something fresh for the lineup.

I also love the idea of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern joining together to fight a greater evil. Darkseid for example. I never said Superman/GL shouldn't be fighting aliens in space did I? I said, I don't like Batman up in space fighting aliens. It's silly and doesn't fit. Batman, WW and perhaps Flash should be on the grounds or up in the air. It's unnecessary to have them in space and completely silly for a live-action movie.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #636
Blackman
C'mon Son

I dont think one has to worry about keeping the sequel "fresh" as long as the threat isn't the same, the interactions are a bit different, and the stakes are higher/different.

And Im confused about you Batman vs aliens argument. Do you not want Batman in the movie.? Because more likely than not the enemies in a JL movie are either gonna be: aliens, robots, alien robots, gods, or something of that sort at least in one of the movies

I always just liked the big 7. I actually dont want any other members officially added on after that.

Last edited by Blackman; 04-08-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #637
shauner111
Side-Kick

Are people not reading today? My god. Never said Batman shouldn't fight aliens. I said he shouldn't be in space, fighting aliens or not.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #638
Blackman
C'mon Son

I did misread, but still Batman can interact with an alien like Superman but then it's weird when he interacts with Aquaman

Old 04-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #639
Bludhaven
Side-Kick

In terms of personality and presence in the Justice League, Aquaman is probably the most similar to Batman out of the entire team, he's a serious, brooding and conflicted character but he possesses a sort of arrogance that's only found in characters like Hal Jordan and Tony Stark. Also you say Batman should be on the ground fighting, well that's exactly where Aquaman would be, on the ground fighting, so I don't see why the pair of them fighting together would be such an alien concept to you.

I'm not trying to convince you why Aquaman is such a great part of the Justice League, but you haven't told us why you think his inclusion would be so "goofy". I understand what the general audiences perceptions of Aquaman would be, but that doesn't mean it would be true, I mean it's a comic book movie for god's sake, when have the non comic book reading populace ever had an accurate perception of a comic book character before seeing their movie.

Last edited by Bludhaven; 04-08-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Bludhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #640
Blackman
C'mon Son

I think for the movie I'd make Aquaman largely serious, hot headed, and has a sardonic sense of humor. Basically kinda like his DCAU personality

Old 04-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #641
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Even Nolan said put everything you can in the first movie, then worry about the sequel, however I do get shauner's fears about it being over crowded, but at the same time I do think, with the right talent and people behind it, they can balance them all and make it work.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #642
Kevin Smith
Banned User

And I am sure Batman will be a "dark" character regardless, shauner. lol

Old 04-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #643
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Even Nolan said put everything you can in the first movie, then worry about the sequel, however I do get shauner's fears about it being over crowded, but at the same time I do think, with the right talent and people behind it, they can balance them all and make it work.
why wont they do this?

Sub-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #644
shauner111
Side-Kick

Aquaman could be a badass, but I don't trust WB in hiring an actor who can pull that off with Aquaman in a live-action movie.

Also, it's just my preference because ive never been a fan of Aquaman. And ill never stray from the "main 5" lineup. I like the idea of Martian Manhunter in his disguise for a small role and maybe a hint at Aquaman, but that's it. 7 is too crowded for me.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:05 PM   #645
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

there were 6 avengers in the movie, and include fury, hill, coulson you have 9 people with ample screen time. not even including the villain.7 is really nothing in comparison. it's just which 7.

Superman - lead
Batman - lead
WW - thor-esque size role
GL- i'm sure it'll be john to distance from the gl movie and to add some needed diversity.
Flash- barry as comic relief
MM- catalyst that brings them all together.
Aquaman- hawkeye esque role. maybe even a hulk -like saving the day moment.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #646
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
there were 6 avengers in the movie, and include fury, hill, coulson you have 9 people with ample screen time. not even including the villain.7 is really nothing in comparison. it's just which 7.

Superman - lead
Batman - lead
GL- i'm sure it'll be john to distance from the gl movie and to add some needed diversity.
Yeah and I thought it was crowded and not what I want to see with JL. A "league" should grow over time. 5 members adds strength to each character and seperates it from Avengers. I can go on and on about how Avengers had characters who were useless or misused. JL doesn't have a SHIELD, and that's what I want It to be. If Avengers had no shield agents, assassins, etc...we would have 4 main members plus maybe Black Widow to add a female or Nick Fury just to get it together.

MM could be in his disguise in just a few short scenes. Short but effective. The reveal could be at the end.

Aquaman, I wouldn't mind if he was the "save the day" character at the very end ONLY if they were going for 1 JL movie with such a massive threat that there is simply no story for a sequel. But that probably wont be the case, so I would have Aquaman as the save the day, surprise character in JL 2.

A Hawkeye esque role? That was the problem. He was useless and was added to the mix just for the sake of having more members.

Last edited by shauner111; 04-08-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #647
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

i guess you're right. aquaman is too big. honestly if we're talking the big 3 leads it would have to be superman batman and aquaman. i don't see it being wonderwoman.

or...
if they wait for 10 yrs, bring back cavill, bale, snyder and do kingdom come, and that's your justice league movie.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #648
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

I agree that logically speaking, the big 3 leads would be Bats, Supes, and Aquaman. I always saw Superman, Batman, and Aquaman as DC's equivalents to Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon respectively. Those characters are the big 3 in Greek mythology as well.

I don't think this means you can't have Aquaman in the first film because he is too big but unless he has a big solo film before JL, it will be difficult to include him in the film and give him enough screen time.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #649
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I agree that logically speaking, the big 3 leads would be Bats, Supes, and Aquaman. I always saw Superman, Batman, and Aquaman as DC's equivalents to Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon respectively. Those characters are the big 3 in Greek mythology as well.

I don't think this means you can't have Aquaman in the first film because he is too big but unless he has a big solo film before JL, it will be difficult to include him in the film and give him enough screen time.
Nice. I think so too. I never looked at Aquaman as a main 3 though. I always put Wonder Woman as number 3. But I get what you're saying.

I agree that you need to have a solo film if you want him to be a full-on member in the first, with a great amount of screen-time.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:35 PM   #650
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post

Superman - lead
Batman - lead
I like this.

I can really take or leave Aquaman though. Part of me thinks it would be cooler to see Hawkgirl...yeah I know it follows the animated show a bit, but I think it'd be fine - although at the same time if she is included I would want to see more of her than Aquaman if he were included.

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 04-08-2013 at 10:39 PM.