The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #976
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
The maximum (average) lung capacity for humans is about 6 liters. Even if we suppose 8 or 10 liters (because Supes is a large man) that wouldn’t be anywhere close to the quantity of air necessary to obliterate a star system. Also - if he just exhaled before he sneezed, there wouldn’t be any air to cause damage.

Old 02-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #977
Torrente
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I read in a Hispanic superman blog that apparently a Latino Review reporter tweeted this:

"DC Universe fanboys! I'm working on dropping something VERY COOL the day after the Oscars about a specific member of THE JUSTICE LEAGUE."

His tweeter name is @elmayimbe

If this is real, what do you think this will be about? If this has already been discussed I apologize, but is news to me

Let me know if I can post the link to the blog...

Old 02-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #978
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

^Interesting, hopefully something, ANYTHING, turns up

Old 02-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #979
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Well there's an auction coming up next weekend for props from the movie:
http://www.icollector.com/search.asp...q=man+of+steel

Nothing much though.
Ha! I have that exact same little gold sailboat sitting around somewhere.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:08 AM   #980
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrente View Post
I read in a Hispanic superman blog that apparently a Latino Review reporter tweeted this:

"DC Universe fanboys! I'm working on dropping something VERY COOL the day after the Oscars about a specific member of THE JUSTICE LEAGUE."

If this is real, what do you think this will be about? If this has already been discussed I apologize, but is news to me

I don't think it will be Superman related. Maybe news on a Wonder Woman or Flash movie.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #981
Astrodust
Side-Kick

More than half way through February and I feel like all we got this month were pictures of toys. I'd like them to reveal something soon. 2 months worth (If they start in April) feels late.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #982
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrodust View Post
More than half way through February and I feel like all we got this month were pictures of toys. I'd like them to reveal something soon. 2 months worth (If they start in April) feels late.
There is only 5 days left in the month...we aren't getting anything new for the remainder of February. If we do I'd be shocked

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #983
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrente View Post

Yeah, we know Mayimbe quite well in these boards.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #984
Binker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Yeah, we know Mayimbe quite well in these boards.
...reliable...?

Old 02-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #985
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

edit

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Last edited by TheIrishAvenger; 02-23-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #986
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

God it's so boring in here.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #987
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
God it's so boring in here.
I know right. I'm waiting for a tumbleweed to go by. Remember that drought I was tellin' ye about? Yeah... it's here.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 02-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #988
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #989
Glassjaw
In training

As backwards as it sounds, I sort of resent the weekends now, since I'm pretty sure no film news ever gets released over it.

Roll on Mondays, am I right gang?

Old 02-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #990
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Hopefully Monday we'll have some stuff. Crowe on Leno and whatever bombshell elmayimbe is dropping.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:30 PM   #991
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
Hopefully Monday we'll have some stuff. Crowe on Leno and whatever bombshell elmayimbe is dropping.
I'm hopeful. I need something, anything.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #992
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I have a feeling there'll be something by Thursday don't sake me why just intuition.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #993
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Any news on EtherMagic and those set pics?

Old 02-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #994
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyes View Post
Any news on EtherMagic and those set pics?
Think some impatient people on here put him off

Old 02-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #995
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I'm actually grateful we had those Cavill isn't any good rumors from the screening. At least it gave us something to talk about.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #996
Greeneyes
The World Isn't Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Think some impatient people on here put him off
Could be that,but didn't he say his memory card with the pics on wouldn't work in his new phone or something?

Maybe one of us should pm him and see if he needs some tech advice about getting the pics off the card?

Old 02-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #997
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
I'm actually grateful we had those Cavill isn't any good rumors from the screening. At least it gave us something to talk about.
Thank God I don't trust the source on that rumor so I'm not getting as aggrevated as most...

INTERSTELLAR

Old 02-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #998
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Most exciting thing I think we got this week was the possible running time, 148 mins seems like the ideal length.

INTERSTELLAR

Old 02-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #999
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Most exciting thing I think we got this week was the possible running time, 148 mins seems like the ideal length.
Perfect length, yes !

Old 02-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #1000
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Agreed it's the right length I was worried it'd be more

Closed Thread