The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #976
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Milan ahead!!!

EDIT- 2-nil now!

Last edited by aNarcHy2day; 02-20-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #977
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

What on Earth is that kit Barca was wearing all about?..Stick a fancy umbrella on their shoulders they'd have looked like 10 Tequilla Sunrises running round the pitch.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #978
B
[insert witty comment]

I'm not surprised at all Milan beat Barcelona tonight. Milan have been on a good run of form recently & they have the sort of team that Barcelona tend to struggle with if the referee is say is from a league similar to the Premiership. Some big, fast & physical players, most of which can play good football as well & of course coming from the Italian league they can defend well.

They played a very good game tonight, countered Barcelona's possession tactics superbly.

It would be a mistake for AC Milan to go to Barca though & simply try to close up shop. They should look to keep things tight for the first 60 minutes or so then in the final 30 they should look to hit Barcelona quickly on the counter attack.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #979
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

2-0! 2 goal margin and no away goals! I definitely didn't see that. Who would be favourites for the CL if Barca go out? Bayern & the winner of Madrid Utd? Wow looks like it could be an even bigger match than it already was back at Old Trafford.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:11 AM   #980
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

I don't think United can beat Dortmund or Juventus either but then I was pleasantly surprised when they came away from Spain with an away goal, so what do I know!... though if Barca go out, Bayern would be big time favorites!

Old 02-21-2013, 05:54 AM   #981
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Excellent performance from Milan, they didn't chase Barca, they let them have all the possession in front of them and then cut out any attempted bursts through the middle while showing composure on the break, which of course they converted to 2 goals. Montolivo and Ambrosini were superb and Burt from Sesame Street never stopped running up front for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit1982 View Post
Christ cheers for having my back Bapi, last time I stick up for City!

I'd still say Mancini is in the top 5 in the country, apart from Wenger (who certainly isn't the shoe in he used to be) and obviously ole purple schnoz I can't really think of anyone better. Moyes has the constant comfort of being at a club with little expectation and no pressure, everytime the pressure has been on he's blown it. I like and rate Rafa alot but he has his flaws, I AVB but again there's questions to be asked. Harry Redknapps in the Moyes category... I mean I can't see 5 better gaffers in the league.
I didn't know you just meant top 5 in the country. I agree, he's definitely top 5 in our league right now, I think his biggest flaw is man management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
What on Earth is that kit Barca was wearing all about?..Stick a fancy umbrella on their shoulders they'd have looked like 10 Tequilla Sunrises running round the pitch.
When we were watching the game I said it was like a bunch of orange juice cartons running about.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #982
kit1982
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
My first thought

Old 02-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #983
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

Another fightback from Liverpool on the cards?

Old 02-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #984
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Spirs left it rather late.... Next stop Inter Milan for them...

Old 02-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #985
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Man, Chelsea are frustrating to watch. All this intricate build up play and no goal. Hazard rips through the defense in the 92nd minute, lets one fly from 20 yards out, wins the tie.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #986
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Man, Chelsea are frustrating to watch. All this intricate build up play and no goal. Hazard rips through the defense in the 92nd minute, lets one fly from 20 yards out, wins the tie.
That sounds like Arsenal, except for the last bit.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #987
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Man, Chelsea are frustrating to watch.
That's putting it mildly. Agree with what one on the guys said at half time. We were making a relatively weak Sparta team look better than they are.

Quote:
All this intricate build up play and no goal. Hazard rips through the defense in the 92nd minute, lets one fly from 20 yards out, wins the tie.
It doesn't help when Torres is missing chances for fun (again). Unfortunately, with Ba cup-tied, we are stuck with him for the rest of the tournament...

I'm not confident at all we can win it with that 'fact' in mind.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #988
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

It really does seem like Torres is trying to miss the way he squanders chances.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 02-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #989
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
It really does seem like Torres is trying to miss the way he squanders chances.
I was joking with my Brother that I think he & Benitez are secretly still on Liverpool's payroll...

Seriously though, they have tried everything with him, even resorting to bringing in a manager hated by the fans solely because of his past record with him.

But 2 years on, and 3 managers later...Still no sustained improvement. The occasional flash of what he can do, mostly against weak teams (most of his goals this season have come against crap opposition) but no more than that.

I'm hoping they off-load him in the Summer, I really do. It would be utterly typical he would soon find his earlier great form for a new team, but I think at Chelsea he is just never gonna work out well.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #990
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

What is he worth now?

Old 02-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #991
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Whatever they can get for him. I can't see anyone paying more than 10 mil for him. Of course, a sucker is born everyday.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:07 AM   #992
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

^ An exchange deal is probably Chelsea's best option!

55M TO GET RONALDO BACK

I may have suggested something of that order before (with Modric, I think) but that FA Cup tie just reminded me of what he can do-Nani. I'd be more comfortable with Valencia maybe going the other way. Also, he'd be a different player than the typical cut-in-wingers Madrid have and provide the width they lacked versus United.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #993
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

oh looks like suarez could be in trouble again

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013...n_2740230.html

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 02-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #994
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

It was a needless and blatant stamp on the other player, how he wasn't sent off there and then I don't know...

Old 02-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #995
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Suarez is like that kid from the hood rat video. He just wants to do hood rat things. He can't help himself.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #996
B
[insert witty comment]

Wow.. Rafael's goal was an absolute bullet.

Old 02-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #997
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

The definition of a screamer IMHO... Damn shame RVP got injured creating it.

And Giggsy... 999th game for MUFC and he's still scoring.

Old 02-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #998
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Stoke continue being the dirtiest team in the league. Steven Nzonzi was lucky to still be on the pitch.

Anyone want to take a early guess at who will win between Bradford and Swansea?

Old 02-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #999
kit1982
Side-Kick

So Chelsea losing opens up 3rd place, crazy that Arsenal are only 2 points off. Wouldn't it just be typical of this season if now Spurs lost tomorrow and Arsenal beat them next week to go 3rd?

Old 02-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #1000
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Nathan Dyer acting like a little ***** with Du Guzman over who gets to take a penalty .

Swansea killing Bradford.