The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 02:01 PM   #76
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
And that doesn't make it any less shallow, realistic or not.

EDIT: I mean...unless they don't want us to like Lois...I can't imagine why they would think that doing that would be a good idea.
Well, the ex-fiancé (if there is one) might be backstory - essentially gone before the movie gets underway. So Lois doesn’t necessarily have to dump him for Supes.

Though… customarily, the ring should have been returned.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #77
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
Well, the ex-fiancé (if there is one) might be backstory - essentially gone before the movie gets underway. So Lois doesn’t necessarily have to dump him for Supes.
Exactly. If her relationship with her ex ended before Superman showed up (or perhaps even if it ended for reasons Superman/Clark had nothing to do with), then it wouldn't make her look bad to hook up with/have feelings for Superman.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #78
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
You must be single if you think having a relationship makes things "unnecessarily complicated".

Yeah, Lois is going to spend all her life alone until she meets Superman...
I'd much rather see Lois in a relationship with someone before she meets Superman. But there are a lot of people who want to see her be single and have her job as her "relationship" or taking up her life...which I don't like at all. I believe she should have a life outside the paper

Quote:

Which I don't care to see.
And I don't care to see her be rude or mean or hateful to Clark either...but I do think having her in a committed relationship before Superman would be an interesting twist to things

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #79
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
So you believe that Lois being in a relationship with someone when Superman (you know...the guy who's usually made out to be her one true love) shows up...as opposed to being single...would be less complicated? .
It wouldn't be more complicated because we don't know the status of her prior relationship. Besides, her relationship will always be complicated because Superman is an alien.

You know what would be more complicated? A virgin Lois hooking up with an alien.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #80
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post

Though… customarily, the ring should have been returned.
customarily nothing...the man buys the ring for the woman. She doesn't HAVE to return it unless he asks for it. If I bought an engagement ring for a woman and we called things off I wouldn't expect her to return the ring to me, I bought it for her and it's hers to keep

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #81
fanboiii
disciple of truth

http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/...my-adams-props

Here's the link to the wedding ring prop for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #82
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Her husband dies in a freak accident that Supes could have prevented. And when she and him get all up close and personal its the fantasy of dating a man that is literally indestructable, something she wished her perished husband was. So she decides not to pursue anything serious with Superman. My convuluted scenario.

Last edited by LibidoLoca; 02-24-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #83
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

But he didn't, because he wanted dat ass.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #84
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I'd much rather see Lois in a relationship with someone before she meets Superman.
Just to be clear: do you mean that you want her to have recently broken up with her boyfriend for reasons that have nothing to do with Superman? Or do you mean that you want her to be in a relationship by the time Superman shows up and leave her boyfriend for Superman?

I don't have a problem with the former. The latter, on the other hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
It wouldn't be more complicated because we don't know the status of her prior relationship.
So how can you say it wouldn't be more complicated then?

Quote:
Besides, her relationship will always be complicated because Superman is an alien.
That's an entirely separate issue.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #85
STARMAN
Side-Kick

A wedding ring? What if Lois has a kid too? What if it's a boy named Jason and....

Old 02-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #86
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I confess I've been reading too many tragic romance novels.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:45 PM   #87
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
customarily nothing...the man buys the ring for the woman. She doesn't HAVE to return it unless he asks for it. If I bought an engagement ring for a woman and we called things off I wouldn't expect her to return the ring to me, I bought it for her and it's hers to keep
According to “Emily Post” (etiquette expert) the ring should usually be returned. However, some do make it conditional based on who calls off the wedding.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #88
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Playing catch-up here. Lois has an engagement ring? George Perez said that the movies had an influence on his first 6 issues of the New 52 Superman. And in that Lois has a boyfriend. I haven't read those issues in about a year, so I'm not completely recalling all of the details of that.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #89
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
And that doesn't make it any less shallow, realistic or not.

EDIT: I mean...unless they don't want us to like Lois...I can't imagine why they would think that doing that would be a good idea.
I agree that Lois leaving her fiancé because she's so impressed by Superman makes her look shallow and make her incredibly unlikeable.

But her fiancé can become jealous of Superman when she gets on the story and maybe see how trusting Supes is of her (even if Supes has no intention of breaking up the relationship), and breaks it up because of that. That's one way to spin it without making her look like a beeeyotch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Her husband dies in a freak accident that Supes could have prevented. And when she and him get all up close and personal its the fantasy of dating a man that is literally indestructable, something she wished her perished husband was. So she decides not to pursue anything serious with Superman. My convuluted scenario.
I like that one better.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #90
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

As other have mentioned, having Lois just break up with her current fiance in favor of Superman during the events of MOS wouldn't make either of them look good, especially Lois, and would be totally reminiscent of the situation from SR.

Plus, considering on how much they have to tell, I wouldn't assume that they'd have time to introduce the backstory that she was or is currently engaged with someone.

And saying that she's a widow or a divorcee wouldn't be the best way to say that she's a "modern" woman.

Plus, it would just further tarnish the iconic relationship in ways that the New 52 hasn't already.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #91
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Looking at the few photos we have of Amy Adams as Lois and I don't see a ring on her finger. Neither does she have a ring on her finger when Superman grabs her hand in the trailer. She's available.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #92
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
I agree that Lois leaving her fiancé because she's so impressed by Superman makes her look shallow and make her incredibly unlikeable.

But her fiancé can become jealous of Superman when she gets on the story and maybe see how trusting Supes is of her (even if Supes has no intention of breaking up the relationship), and breaks it up because of that. That's one way to spin it without making her look like a beeeyotch.
Yep, that works too, provided that Lois has no intention of leaving her boyfriend for Superman. Like I said, there are ways they can handle it without making Lois look bad.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #93
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
There's no wedding ring listed....
http://www.icollector.com/search.asp...q=man+of+steel

Some props from Lois' apartment though and a shirt worn by Amy Adams but thats about it for Lois.

EDIT: Disregard I just noticed the link hidden talking about items already sold.
I'm still not seeing it.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 02-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #94
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Most of these props involving Lois are pens and pencils. As someone said maybe it's her mom's wedding ring or something. The mom passed it down to Lois before she died.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #95
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Is it that the ring above the yellow post it pad?

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #96
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
I'm still not seeing it.
http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/...my-adams-props

The site mentions (no pic) a “faux diamond wedding ring.” (I thought engagement. But it says wedding.) Meh… maybe Lois was doing some undercover investigative journalism as a married person. And she kept the ring as a token of that special guy... who’s out there somewhere…

Old 02-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #97
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Yeah. I think that's the ring.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #98
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
Looking at the few photos we have of Amy Adams as Lois and I don't see a ring on her finger. Neither does she have a ring on her finger when Superman grabs her hand in the trailer. She's available.
I was just about to suggest we could scan the set photos for a ring. Also the fact that this ring is thrown in with a bunch of pencils and pens, makes it seem maybe it isn't that important in the film. A tiny boat desk ornament gets its own auction, I'd suspect if she actually wore an engagement ring in the film, it would have its own lot!

But as there's nothing much to discuss around here right now, speculating is always fun. Here's how I see it being done IF it is hers. Perhaps she was engaged, but before Superman arrives on the scene, Metropolis is a crime ridden city, and the boyfriend is mugged and killed much like Batman's parents. When Superman comes along, he actually represents someone who wants to change the city for the better, and rid the city of the infestation which claimed this man's life. It would be no wonder Lois falls for Superman, he reignites a light she thought had gone out for her.
For me this would sit better then her dumping some poor guy because he can't fly

Old 02-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #99
STARMAN
Side-Kick

There's no Richard White listed in the cast, is there?

Old 02-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #100
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
As other have mentioned, having Lois just break up with her current fiance in favor of Superman during the events of MOS wouldn't make either of them look good, especially Lois, and would be totally reminiscent of the situation from SR.

Plus, considering on how much they have to tell, I wouldn't assume that they'd have time to introduce the backstory that she was or is currently engaged with someone.

And saying that she's a widow or a divorcee wouldn't be the best way to say that she's a "modern" woman.

Plus, it would just further tarnish the iconic relationship in ways that the New 52 hasn't already.
It's not the best, but it's realisitc. Yeah I said it, "REALISM".

Closed Thread