The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 02-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #101
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Default Re: Crysis 3

Yea i love the s**t outta that bow. Wish we could carry more than 3 types of the special arrows tho. Haha i love using the time delay explosive tipped arrows.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #102
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Has anybody finished it yet? How long is the campaign?

runawayboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #103
Destructus86
Side-Kick

AMAZING game. I know Halo gets all the hype...but I've always found the Crysis series to be way more enjoyable.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #104
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
AMAZING game. I know Halo gets all the hype...but I've always found the Crysis series to be way more enjoyable.
Hah, i was thinking the exact same thing(at least from a SP perspective). A buddy of mine asked me what Crysis was and i told him, its like Halo, but much cooler.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #105
jacobed
Banned User

I like Halo more. But ever since I've played Crysis 2. I have wanted Master Chief to play exactly like Prophet. He feels like a genetically enhanced soldier should feel, even though I know its the suit but doesn't matter same thing. Master Chief needs that

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #106
B
[insert witty comment]

Let me get this off my chest: I've never played Crysis or Crysis 2, but decided to buy Crysis 3 because I have been tempted in the past by the pretty visuals & fast pace to buy the previous ones when they were out.

I'd also like to say I've been playing first person shooters for the best part of nearly 15 years, only really playing realistic shooters. What I mean by this is real guns, equipment etc. The only exception would be Black Ops 2 perhaps however it is somewhat loosely realistic given that most of the weapons were based of something in development.

However this game frustrates the hell out of me. The sheer amount of bullets it takes to put someone down in this game feels ridiculous. Yet when I watch killcams of people killing me, it seems like I'm killed as easily as I would be in any other game. Unless I am doing something wrong with the max armour, the cloaking & the sprinting.

I use max armour when I'm being shot at or I'd use it right when I feel I am about to encounter enemy. Yet my max armour seems ineffective in comparison to how other people's suit s seem to behave.

Are there upgrades for the suit I need to have in place? The amount of times I've planted maybe 10 shots into someones back only for them to turn round & one shot me is starting to irritate me immensely. It's not like I am missing or am a bad shot, because according to the in-game stats my accuracy is 18% which is what it is in the likes of BF3/MW3/BO2/Bad Company etc which on the PC is good so it's not like I am missing people.

B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #107
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

I couldn't tell ya, I don't bother with the multiplayer at all.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:40 PM   #108
Resistance61513
Side-Kick

This game, in one word,

Masterful.

I'm completely floored with how great of a job Crytek did closing out this brilliant franchise. While it doesn't bring anything new to the FPS genre, honestly what game does nowadays, they've perfected their mechanics and strengthened their weak points. In short...this was one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had this generation.

The campaign only lasted me about 4 1/2 hours on normal. I know what you're thinking "Wow, that's it? Not even worth it". This may be true for any other first person shooter but not Crysis. You see Crysis, while it's a bunch of smoke and mirrors, feels like an open world game. I immediately dove back into the campaign upon completing normal mode and tackled superhero.

I had a much more enjoyable go around the second time than the first. Mostly because there were a ton of things I missed on my first play through. Various ways of attacking objectives, secondary objectives I missed, weapons that I learned fully how to control.

If you're on the fence about getting this game, don't be. This is a game you have to check out. While I will say the Crysis games aren't for everyone, don't let that deter you. Find out for yourself.

I really hope they release the soundtrack to this game soon!

Resistance61513 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:27 AM   #109
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Yea i thoroughly enjoyed the game as well. That last scene was so cool. Deff a kick ass way to send off the trilogy. Laurence 'Prophet' Barnes is a really cool character.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:08 AM   #110
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Has anybody finished it yet? How long is the campaign?
6 hours or so. I wish it were longer but it's so damn fun and beautiful that I don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Are there upgrades for the suit I need to have in place? The amount of times I've planted maybe 10 shots into someones back only for them to turn round & one shot me is starting to irritate me immensely. It's not like I am missing or am a bad shot, because according to the in-game stats my accuracy is 18% which is what it is in the likes of BF3/MW3/BO2/Bad Company etc which on the PC is good so it's not like I am missing people.
What you're most likely experiencing is latency lag.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:35 AM   #111
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I don't know why they bothered with competitive multiplayer. I would describe it as 'fun enough' and 'fun enough' just doesn't sustain an online community in the face of COD, Halo etc...

Old 02-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #112
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
I don't know why they bothered with competitive multiplayer. I would describe it as 'fun enough' and 'fun enough' just doesn't sustain an online community in the face of COD, Halo etc...
That's what I thought about the second games MP. I just didn't care enough to stick around. Haven't bothered with this ones and I don't think I will. The SP is great tho.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #113
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Actually...i'm glad they have competitive multiplayer...I got sick of COD a long time ago and never liked Halo....this is a great alternative for people who don't like those games. I think the abilities really make it more fun for me.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #114
jacobed
Banned User

I find the mp to be very fun. It's different enough from blops 2 and Halo 4 so I still play them and they are each a different fun experience. I love destroying with the bow.

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #115
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Quote:
I thought so too, but I was surprised that I actually found a game of Crysis 2 multiplayer last year.

It's got a lot of grinding and people love that stuff so I can't blame them for including it, and the stealth/armour dynamic keeps things interesting. Plus they can release map packs and whatnot, whereas a co-op campaign would be more limited for long term plans. Co-op would definitely be more rad than the generic multiplayer though.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:04 AM   #116
Ipodman
Love Tension

Just wondering... do you play with the motion blur and lens flare? I like the lens flare but the motion blur, even on "low", looks very silly and redundant to me. What do you think?

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #117
zenith16
Side-Kick

I turn it off it feels weird. But if it doesn't bug you, do what you like with it. But if your one of those that seem to have motion sickness and some that cause trouble.... yeah turn it off for sure.

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #118
zenith16
Side-Kick

source:GI

Old 06-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #119
zenith16
Side-Kick

Lost Islands out

Crysis 3 multiplayer DLC The Lost Island now out, here’s the launch trailer

0 Comments
at 08:02pm June 7 2013

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The first multiplayer DLC for Crysis 3 dropped on Tuesday, bringing with it a host of new tropical content including four new maps, two weapons and two new multiplayer modes: Frenzy and Possession. Crysis 3: The Lost Island now has a launch trailer to celebrate the first weekend of jungle-bound mayhem with lots of smash…

source: PC gamer