The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Stand-Alone Movies

Old 02-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #26
Human Torch
Mandatory Fun

Default Re: Star Wars Origins: Yoda

I doubt they'll do an origin story.(Lucas always seemed protective of Yoda's mystery)But,I admit as a kid I always wondered about Yoda as a young warrior.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #27
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Personally I don't want to see a younger Yoda and I'm not sure I want to see a tonne of backstory on him either.

@Bim, Temple of Doom was the first thing to come into my head as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Doesn't even have to be PT era.
True but I'd personally like it to be so we could see more of Jedi such as Shaak Ti, Aayla Secura and Plo Koon, plus it could be a way to add some backstory on Mace.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:25 PM   #28
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom892 View Post
Seeing that Yoda died at age 900, they have flexibility as to where they can place the story.If it were up to me, I wouldn't make it an origin story, but instead cover how he earned the rank of master.Him leading a group of Jedi or warriors, seven samurai style would be excellent.
Not a bad idea. I mentioned in another thread that Setting it during Yoda being, say 500 would be great because it is unexplored. We have as far back as 2000 years ago in the SW universe, but pretty much anytime Yoda is alive before the PT is not explored. I really hope if Yoda moves forward, they think about giving it a distinct look, rather than just copy the PT and say progress peaked x amount of years ago or something.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:52 PM   #29
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Yoda is very much Kambei Shimada and there is so much time to cover with him. You could set a Seven Samurai story for him at pretty much any time. And I would most definitely watch it.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:03 AM   #30
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
True but I'd personally like it to be so we could see more of Jedi such as Shaak Ti, Aayla Secura and Plo Koon, plus it could be a way to add some backstory on Mace.
Indeed. And Sam could get his wish, too.

But only if he's in his Django Unchained makeup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Yoda is very much Kambei Shimada and there is so much time to cover with him. You could set a Seven Samurai story for him at pretty much any time. And I would most definitely watch it.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #31
BenKenobi
Banned User

I don't think a Yoda movie would be a good idea at all. I wasn't really thrilled with him in the prequels and not so much because I wasn't thrilled with the films overall, I just wasn't that interested in Yoda. He seemed so much cooler and more powerful in the originals mostly because we didn't see a whole lot of him and have time to question a lot of things he can do. I'm not trying to criticize the prequels, because I think they did him as well as he could have been done for the most part, he's one of those characters better in moderation and an entire feature film would be far too much.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:46 PM   #32
Happy Jack
Iconographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
I don't think a Yoda movie would be a good idea at all. I wasn't really thrilled with him in the prequels and not so much because I wasn't thrilled with the films overall, I just wasn't that interested in Yoda. He seemed so much cooler and more powerful in the originals mostly because we didn't see a whole lot of him and have time to question a lot of things he can do. I'm not trying to criticize the prequels, because I think they did him as well as he could have been done for the most part, he's one of those characters better in moderation and an entire feature film would be far too much.
I agree. Yoda works as the archetype of the wise old sage. We don't need to see his young rambunctious days or more of the terrible coked-up grasshopper fighting he did in the prequels.

Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Happy Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #33
Viral
Side-Kick

Looks like Frank Oz is game.

http://www.starwars7news.com/2013/02...oda-again.html

Whatever spin-off they do it means that we will have a chance to see Vader again. Surely he'll have a cameo.

Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #34
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
I agree. Yoda works as the archetype of the wise old sage. We don't need to see his young rambunctious days or more of the terrible coked-up grasshopper fighting he did in the prequels.
What? That was a great fight scene! Yoda was filled with the power of the Force, it's what gave him the ability to fight so quickly.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:42 AM   #35
Han Solo
Scruffy Nerfherder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
What? That was a great fight scene! Yoda was filled with the power of the Force, it's what gave him the ability to fight so quickly.
Well well put. Seeing the origins of such an expansive character would be amazing! what planet did he come from? what race is he and what happened to all the rest of them? who trained him? IMO it's gonna be epic. tied with the Han Solo for me in hypage.

Han Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #36
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Well, I don't know about an "origins" story, but I would like a Yoda movie, since he's my favorite character. I mean there's 900 years that can be covered right there. I'm sure they could do a movie when he's 400 or 500 years old.

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Spider-Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:41 PM   #37
Han Solo
Scruffy Nerfherder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
Well, I don't know about an "origins" story, but I would like a Yoda movie, since he's my favorite character. I mean there's 900 years that can be covered right there. I'm sure they could do a movie when he's 400 or 500 years old.
my point exactly, a expanse of 900 years to choose from. Amazing amounts of potential.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #38
Lord
All Mighty

I'm sincerelly not excited for all these spin-offs, i'd rather we discovered more of his species from the event films

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #39
Han Solo
Scruffy Nerfherder

Always a possibility.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:31 AM   #40
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I'm sincerelly not excited for all these spin-offs, i'd rather we discovered more of his species from the event films
The only thing is Lucas meant a bit of mystery about Yoda's origins, which is why his species is the only one never given a name anywhere. I'd like to keep it that way (though I really am curious about that species and would like to see more of them). I know those statements contradict, but, ultimately, I'd have to side with preserving the mystery.

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Spider-Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #41
BenKenobi
Banned User

Boba Fett, was expected, Han Solo had me a bit iffy, but Yoda is just taking it too far imo. He's not even human and he can barely move. Rather than ringing out as much money as possible from all of the famous Star Wars characters, they should make something original with new characters that takes place in the same Saga. Do it like Sarah Marshall and Get him to the Greek, same board different players.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:15 AM   #42
Holiday
'Bout that action

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I dig this art. Anyone know where it's from?

Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #43
Han Solo
Scruffy Nerfherder

Quote:
Boba Fett, was expected, Han Solo had me a bit iffy, but Yoda is just taking it too far imo. He's not even human and he can barely move. Rather than ringing out as much money as possible from all of the famous Star Wars characters, they should make something original with new characters that takes place in the same Saga. Do it like Sarah Marshall and Get him to the Greek, same board different players.
I disagree. Firstly, he hasn't always been barely able to move, we only ever see him in the films when he's 800+ years old. and who cares if he's not human? I mean how many characters in SW aren't human? allot. That's severely limiting your options and potential with that logic.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #44
BenKenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
I disagree. Firstly, he hasn't always been barely able to move, we only ever see him in the films when he's 800+ years old. and who cares if he's not human? I mean how many characters in SW aren't human? allot. That's severely limiting your options and potential with that logic.
I totally see what you're saying, but hear me out. I understand he probably wasn't always that slow, of coarse, however try and picture him running...yeah it's kinda laughable. Yoda is a cool character, but he's good in moderation imo. Don't you think his talking backwards is going to get a bit frustrating? It could work, but it would be QUITE the challenge and they'd have to make sure the people behind it REALLY knew what they were doing.

Not to mention Yoda's a pretty solidly developed character and theres not a whole lot more to him than just the wise old sage. I'd rather see something about some of the prequel characters that (let's be honest) got the shaft a bit. Maybe a movie about Darth Maul, Qui-Gon Jinn, Count Dooku's Jedi years, Mace Windu, hell even Captain Antiles and the Droids adventures! Theres just a lot of better candidates for Star Wars movies than Yoda that are also far less risky.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #45
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick

Quote:
I totally see what you're saying, but hear me out. I understand he probably wasn't always that slow, of coarse, however try and picture him running...yeah it's kinda laughable. Yoda is a cool character, but he's good in moderation imo. Don't you think his talking backwards is going to get a bit frustrating? It could work, but it would be QUITE the challenge and they'd have to make sure the people behind it REALLY knew what they were doing.

Not to mention Yoda's a pretty solidly developed character and theres not a whole lot more to him than just the wise old sage. I'd rather see something about some of the prequel characters that (let's be honest) got the shaft a bit. Maybe a movie about Darth Maul, Qui-Gon Jinn, Count Dooku's Jedi years, Mace Windu, hell even Captain Antiles and the Droids adventures! Theres just a lot of better candidates for Star Wars movies than Yoda that are also far less risky.
Frankly. I would expect basically everything we are thinking of for spin off including the kotor trilogy will be made into films. Its going to be a cash cow for disney.

KillerCarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #46
Han Solo
Scruffy Nerfherder

And I'm okay with that - Bring 'em all on!

Old 02-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #47
BenKenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCarlson View Post
Frankly. I would expect basically everything we are thinking of for spin off including the kotor trilogy will be made into films. Its going to be a cash cow for disney.
Disney is notorious for making stupidly unnecessary sequels. Something like Star Wars which has a popularity with the potential to span unforeseeable generations, is bound to get an obscene amount of sequels. Not a bad thing though, I'll take all I can get haha!

Old 02-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #48
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Disney is notorious for making stupidly unnecessary sequels. Something like Star Wars which has a popularity with the potential to span unforeseeable generations, is bound to get an obscene amount of sequels. Not a bad thing though, I'll take all I can get haha!
Star Wars given time will out perform their Marvel movies. This "phase 1" lets them build off the success of the older characters. Using older characters for spinoffs, doing the KOTOR trilogy allowing them to go back, and starting the sequel trilogy which i would expect to lead into new sagas and new characters who will get their own spinoffs in "phase 2" (Episodes X-XII)

KillerCarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:11 PM   #49
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

With all the talk about a Boba movie, I am still really, really hoping for this to be made. A different age, a different Republic. Quite the possibilities.