The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 10:33 PM   #876
Terror Inc.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Avatar: The Legend Of Korra - Part 2

Huh, I wasn't aware she was under-age. I guess I just kind of assumed that she was going about her avatar training in a slightly accelerated time frame. Aang was the exception of course, but Roku says he spent years mastering the elements. I always put Korra at like 19-20.

Last edited by Terror Inc.; 02-24-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:51 PM   #877
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
I'm glad he's gone. He was being creepy and kept derailing the thread whenever he was. Plus, it's an underage character (don't give me the reincarnation BS, she's 17 ) which made it even more uncomfortable.
Well, she may have been 17 at the beginning of the show and then turned 18 towards the end of the show or during the hiatus. Therefore, depending on when Kingmadness posted his comments would be the deciding factor of whether they were appropriate or not lol

.....and seeing how we don't know when Korra's birthday is/was or what Republic City's statutory laws are, or which state's statutory laws SHH follows then we can't say that Kingmadness was truly at fault and in the wrong though creepy as he may have been lol

Boom! law classes baby! lol....kidding...it's late and i'm tired and needed something to do hahaha.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)

Last edited by Midnight Black; 02-25-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:28 AM   #878
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

KingMadness was hilarious. So perverted and wrong... too bad he's gone.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:12 AM   #879
Charlie Boy
Modern Messiah

Glad he's gone. Kid was a troll.

Ou La La, Très Bien, Magnifique

@DomEsclovon
Old 02-25-2013, 02:32 AM   #880
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Tainting the reps of Korrasexuals everywhere.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:18 AM   #881
Terror Inc.
Side-Kick

I was just reading about Avatar on Wiki, (which I usually don't trust) and something caught my eye. It said something about Korra using the Avatar state to beat the Airbender kids in an air-scooter race and Tenzin scolds her for it in Book 2: Spirit. Is this what season two is called? Are there episode descriptions out there already? Did I miss something? Is it all BS? Am I rambling?

Old 02-25-2013, 04:20 AM   #882
Charlie Boy
Modern Messiah

Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes.

Ou La La, Très Bien, Magnifique

@DomEsclovon
Old 02-25-2013, 07:26 AM   #883
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I also heard 'Spirit' as the title, and I think it makes great sense, as that's what she'll be actually learning, y'know? But at the same time, it means a third season title would be? -shrug-

Old 02-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #884
Victarion
Cut

Spirit Boom?

Old 02-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #885
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

I'm hoping its book 3- awesome.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #886
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
You most likely have seen worse of everything on the internet....but this is the HYPE, we care what happens here, not elsewhere.

Says the guy posting in an anime thread.

You say probably....that means you do not know.
By the way C.Lee, do you watch the show or are you here just for your duty as moderator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #887
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I just finished watching Season 1 for the first time and I have to say... Mixed feelings. The whole steam punkish 1940's type setting feels REALLY forced. I mean, it's only 70 years later, why would everything change so suddenly from a Feudal world to something that feels so... Hoky. It really makes this world feel detached from the original series, in a bad way.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #888
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

It's not based on the 1940's, it's based on the 1920's. Also keep in mind they only showed Republic City which was intended to be a metropolis. The locations they went to in the first series would likely be less industrialized.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #889
Lord
All Mighty

I think it makes sence, the war brought a lot of inventions and in the real world things changes very fast too, its setting was one of my favorite things

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #890
Terror Inc.
Side-Kick

I'm hoping she gets out of Republic City for a bit in Season 2. It'd be great to see what the rest of the world has been up to and how it's changed. I'd love to see some re-visits to the Southern Air Temple, Kyoshi Island, and Omashu.

Old 02-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #891
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

I want to see what ba sing se is like at this point.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:48 PM   #892
cabel
Side-Kick

So apparently Book 1 will be released on DVD May 21st.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Leg...ok-1-Air/18047

Old 03-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #893
Mistah K88
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I think it makes sense, the war brought a lot of inventions and in the real world things changes very fast too, its setting was one of my favorite things
The inventions and the technology changes were my favorite thing about this series. It is very realistic in comparison to series where hundreds of years have passed and nothing has changed much when there has been plenty of war. Things will change pretty dramatically in 70 years (especially after war)...70 years ago we were still in World War II, people during that time probably wouldn't be able to comprehend the smart phone, much less dial-up. With non benders being less passive and more ambitious now and the fact that things would advance even faster with the benders being able to move rocks/metal and water and produce fire, the advancements in technology make perfect sense... In that universe's next hundred years they might be further down the line technologically than us.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #894
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabel View Post
So apparently Book 1 will be released on DVD May 21st.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Leg...ok-1-Air/18047
Cool. Hopefully we will get an official announcement soon.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:19 AM   #895
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I can't wait for Korra season 2, but why does it have to take so long to get here?

If you want to read another Avatar story check out my fan-fic of what I think the next Avatar cartoon series should be about. I have two books completely done and I'm currently working on Book Three. Also I have concept art of the main characters so you can see what I see.

I call my story Avatar: Spirit of Earth. Enjoy.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #896
Parker Wayne
Yeah, I can fly.

Ew. Fan-fics.

I was excited for new Korra news, but this thread was bumped for fan fiction.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #897
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I respect your opinion but what's wrong with fan-fics?

It's a way for to fans to express their love of their favorite show or movie in their own way.

I love writing Avatar: Spirit of Earth because unlike some fan-fics these are all original characters in an original story. I've written them over 30 chapters and have watched them grow into something awesome.

I understand if you don't want to read them but please don't insult them, it's not as easy as you might think and you should respect the fact they have at least written their ideas down instead of keep them locked up. That takes guts.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #898
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

I have been bored recently, waiting for Bioshock and GoT to start. So I ended up watching all of Korra again over a couple days. I really enjoyed the first few episodes, but by the ended I felt like I remembered enjoying this more. Not in the "this was fun" sort of way. It is still pretty fun for the most part, but in the "this was well written and constructed" way. Maybe it is because I watched them all in quick succession. I didn't remember it being so sloppy and rushed. The show is all over the place. For a show that didn't have very many episodes to work with, they sure made some strange decisions on how to use their time. The Pro bending and shipping being right at the top of the list. Also the character work just isn't up to scratch. Almost everything is plot driven, unless it is about shipping. It is like the exact opposite of ATLA. They make Korra and Mako unlikeable. Asami and Bolin are used and abused by the writers. The most likeable and engaging characters are the adults and the little airbenders.

Korra's arc really suffers. It is hard to go with the airbending thing, when she really hasn't found her spirituality, so how is she airbending? It is like, "well we have 12 episodes, but we want to do all these things, so we are going to put the Avatar stuff on the back burner". And the ending just didn't sit right with me anymore. Yeah, Aang is proven to be the biggest badass to ever exist, but this feels like a lesson Korra needed to learn. It ends like Korra really isn't capable, so Aang has to fix her and give her the Avatar State. It feels like if they just cut off the very last bit, where Aang touches her and gives it all back, you have a very solid setup for he following series.

Also, overall I wonder why they decided on the Equalist plotline if they weren't going to touch on the Equalist point of view with any real conviction. They just made them a group of over the top evil terrorist. But I think there is a point to be had with them. Benders do have a lot of control. They are kind of like a different class of people and find themselves in many positions of power. Korra herself reacts to things she doesn't like with violence using her abilities. It would be like if Jedi went around using the Force on people because they didn't like what they said.

One last thing. Has there been given a reason why Korra is able to airbend even though she had her bending taken away?

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 03-23-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:56 PM   #899
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I agree with some of your comments DarthSkywalker. Korra was meant as a twelve episode mini-series (for what possible reason I have no idea) and because of that some of it did feel rushed.

The love triangle was widely panned for a bunch of reasons, especially with how it ended, why do that to Asami? And what about Bolin? How is he not awesome?

I do disagree with your comment about the Equalists though. I know they didn't truly go into their views but it did answer questions about how non-benders felt about benders. The council in Republic City was comprised only of benders and thus they made the laws, that made the non-benders angry.

I think the real proof of their conviction was in how many showed up to the Equalist rallies and how many thought Amon was right in what was wrong with the world. If it was only a handful of people you'd be right, but there were hundreds in the episode "The Revelation" that showed up. In my fan-fic I mention that the non-benders are considered their own race now, but I don't know going forward if that's gong to be true for Korra.

Not sure about the last part, I think it's because she didn't have her Airbending powers before and then when the rest of her bending was taken away a switch came on and allowed her to use them. I know a lot of us wanted the season to end with just her Airbending and use Season 2 to try and get them back, but I guess they didn't want that.

I still liked Korra, and here's hoping Season 2 is good.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #900
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

They had already finished Season 1 by the time they found out they were getting a second season, so hopefully this time they paced themselves better.

Closed Thread