The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Future Batman Movies

Old 02-20-2013, 03:55 AM   #76
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Which villain(s) should the reboot start with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
That's very cool. What's it from?

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #77
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

His name is Anthony Misiano and I believe that was one of his new fan film.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #78
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Damn, that's one of the most well shot fan-teasers I've ever seen.

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #79
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

I want to see someone removed from what you would naturally think ought to be a Batman villain. Perhaps Killa Crock or Clayface especially if they have ambitions to set the reboot in a more fantastic direction.

But knowing WB and their classic incompetence in all things superhero, they would vehemently try to retain the grounded world of Nolan's Batman because it is a safe moneymaking direction.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #80
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Hugo Strange should be saved for a second or third film. Riddler and a smaller villain like Calendar Man would be a cool duo together for a film (IMO).

To me, Penguin and Salvatore Maroni should be the main baddies for film one. Have Batman fight the mob and less powerful villains before gradually making his way up to people like Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Clayface, etc. Maybe Roman Sionis aka Black Mask could be teased at the end or Harvey Dent while giving Maroni his prosecution gets hot coffee or if they go the comic route (acid) thrown in his face. Then, Harvey ends up in Gotham Hospital, bandaged up, asks for a mirror like "BTAS", and goes crazy, thundercrack, and fade out.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #81
godisawesome
Side-Kick

In the thread I started on the Bat World thread, I had Hugo Strange as the main antagonist competing against Penguin for control of the Gotham Underworld, but his actions lead to both the death of the Flying Graysons and medical experiments on Pamela Isley, resulting in Robin arriving on the scene and Poison Ivy in full giant plant controlling glory being the biggest threat towards the end.

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:24 AM   #82
Baramos
Side-Kick

Oh, they'd probably want to do top-tier. That puts a lot out of the running like Killer Croc or Black Mask. And it would either be a new one for live-action or one they haven't done in a long time.

The Riddler does seem likely, mostly because from what I have heard the producers of the sequel to the Dark Knight did indeed push some of the first-draft screenwriters and story writers (David S. Goyer?) towards incorporating him as the main villain in that one. Obviously it went nowhere, but that they'd push him again seems likely.

Mr. Freeze would be great, to finally get a serious version of him. He has a sympathetic enough backstory that it provides emotional resonance, AND the super science bent would set the tone for a new series that is more comic book-like and moving away from the "realism" of the Nolanverse.

Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:26 AM   #83
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
I want to see someone removed from what you would naturally think ought to be a Batman villain. Perhaps Killa Crock or Clayface especially if they have ambitions to set the reboot in a more fantastic direction.

But knowing WB and their classic incompetence in all things superhero, they would vehemently try to retain the grounded world of Nolan's Batman because it is a safe moneymaking direction.
If a director wants to use villains that are grounded (of which most are) does that mean the director is incompetent or is it a demonstration of actual competency, by interpreting characters correctly, and just something that you don't want to see?

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:37 AM   #84
johnrain
Side-Kick

Why not Bat Mite? He is as much a part of Batman history as anyone else.

johnrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #85
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Coleman Reese

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #86
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

I believe in Batfleck
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #87
Travesty
TEOL

Clayface
Freeze
The Joker

Travesty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #88
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

The Riddler needs a really good modern live-action take. And a good Riddler story would play up the detective skills more which seems like something people really wanted.

Old 02-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #89
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Clayface
Freeze
The Joker
Thats my perfect movie. Clayface as a secondary villain, with Freeze as the main baddie.

Joker would be featured in a small role, like Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs.

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #90
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Joker would be featured in a small role, like Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs.
I would love something like that with Joker sewn into every plot somehow

Old 02-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #91
Han Solo
Scruffy Nerfherder

In no particular order, villains who deserve a take in the next films include..

Clayface.
Killer Croc.
Joker/Harley Quinn combination.
Mister Freeze.
Penguin.
The Riddler.

Han Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:57 AM   #92
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

At some point I really want to see Deadshot being caught by Batman and maybe Captain Boomerang being caught by the Flash in a Flash movie setting up for the proposed Suicide Squad movie.

Another "villain" I'd like to see at some point is Batman's addiction to the Venom steroid loosely based from what I feel is the underrated classic Venom story from the original Legends of the Dark Knight series. I think that after the Justice Leage (hopefully) comes out Batman could feel guilt and inferiority and failing to save a child who drowns to death.Being percieved as the "weak link" of a team of super powered being could eat away at him. Becoming addicted to the drug and eventually kicking the habit could make a powerful movie that keeps the focus on Batman without risking a villain in the more traditional sense potentially overshadowing him. Penguin,Black Mask or Rupert Thorne could serve as the central villain in the traditional sense. Killer Croc could serve the physical challenge for Batman after swearing off using Venom again.

Romans 8:19

Last edited by Spider-Kurt!; 02-23-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Spider-Kurt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #93
regwec
Shakespearo

I really, really don't want to see yet another origin movie, so I hope we don't get another serving of Godfather knock-offs.

I think The Penguin deserves a lot more love. His recent treatment in the comicbook "Pain and Prejudice" was impressive. He is potentially more psychologically plausible than most of the other rogues: he is a violent and greedy man with a Napoleon complex. His love of the high life, beautiful women, and an Arctic motif offers good potential for rich Gotham City settings.

He may lack a bit of "spandex" impact by himself, so it may be wise to team him up. I think combining him with Catwoman was a masterstroke in BR, and I wouldn't mind seeing a more villainous, hedonistic Catwoman co star with him again. Failing that, a tragic Mr Freeze could present a good foil.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #94
Han Solo
Scruffy Nerfherder

Agreed with all of the above.

Han Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #95
The Guard
Side-Kick

It would make perfect sense to have The Penguin presiding over a mob consisting of more freakish elements. A mobster, maybe a bit of a freak, who embraces the new breed of criminal and spurns the old ways.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #96
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

I definitely want to see Penguin in a role similar to Falcone or Maroni in Nolan's batmovies

Old 02-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #97
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
If a director wants to use villains that are grounded (of which most are) does that mean the director is incompetent or is it a demonstration of actual competency, by interpreting characters correctly, and just something that you don't want to see?
I don't see why a filmmaker would be incompetent if he chooses to tackle the grounded villains in Batman?

I would rather see a more fantastical Batman and a fantastical Gotham with his more outlandish villains this time around. Because Nolan has already given me more than enough of "realistic" Batman.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #98
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

if they want a mob element, I want Black Mask, with a connection to Zucco to introduce the Graysons.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #99
georgec
Not a hero

Honestly, I say Mr. Freeze. Do him right.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #100
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Regardless of the villain, I would prefer they not pursue the X (Villain) wants to destroy Gotham scenario. It has been overused, and there are seventy years' worth of better motivations to cull from. I think if they made the stakes personal - a la Skyfall - they could work wonders with the villain, such as Hush. If they pursued this route, I would prefer they cull from Heart of Hush, as his motivations in the original gn were not the best. Plus, with Hush, they could introduce more of the rogues' galley, without having to provide exhaustive backstories.

Outside of Hush? The Court of the Owls would be terrrific, or another secret society (I would save the Black Glove for several films down the line.) Plus, I would prefer they tailor the narrative towards the original Bond cycle: I do not want another trilogy, but, a series that can go on. If not societies, they could use a manipulative villain such as Strange or Riddler, and have smaller villains working with/for them (I really want to see Doctor Phosphorous, Cornelius Stirk, Deadshot, Maxie Zeus, Film Freak, and so on.)

The Joker would be great to introduce in the second or third film. If they introduce Harley Quinn, I would prefer they use the characterization from the Birds of Prey television show, and a costume based on the one she had from Arkham City. Or something Ledger-ish.

A gang war between Black Mask and Penguin would also be great.

Or, they could reintroduce Andrea Beaumont and incorporate elements of MOTP (at least she would exist in one continuity; I am very irritated that she does not exist in the comic continuity.)

In short, I would prefer they not use the "grounded" ratio present in the Nolan films. I love the trilogy - TDKR is one of my favorite films - but, I do not want the aesthetic carbon copied. It is time for some new blood, with a new take, to handle the franchise.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote