The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #226
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
I bullied my best friend
Bully!!!

Old 02-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #227
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
I bullied my best friend before we became friends. It's weird, but it happens

Old 02-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #228
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Agree with Showtime, WORDS FINEST is sooo the way to go. It wouldn't be as hard to pull off and work on like a JLA film, plus it gives WB more time to work on the JLA script ect
That's a great idea, an educational DC-themed phonics game, the vowels could be members of the JLA. A is Superman, E is Batman, I is Wonder Woman, O is Green Lantern, U is The Flash and of course sometimes Y (Aquaman). While the consonants will be other members, and you can assemble their own teams to construct proper words to defeat The Joker, Luthor, Savage, etc...

Old 02-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #229
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
You, you monster.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:02 PM   #230
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
That's a great idea, an educational DC-themed phonics game, the vowels could be members of the JLA. A is Superman, E is Batman, I is Wonder Woman, O is Green Lantern, U is The Flash and of course sometimes Y (Aquaman). While the consonants will be other members, and you can assemble their own teams to construct proper words to defeat The Joker, Luthor, Savage, etc...
Lmao. That's a fantastic idea.

Old 02-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #231
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
not quite the same but I have a friend that I bully :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Bully!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
You, you monster.

FYI It was only for a really short time at the very beginning of our friendship. Our parents knew each other and wanted to car pool, and we ended up being forced to spend way too much time together. She was a pincher and hair puller, and very very controlling, and I always had to hang out at her house after school... so I took it out on her in school, where most of the kids in my class liked me over her (even the teacher) and found her really annoying... and I had so much pent up resentment, that 10 year old me just kind of went with all the name calling and stuff.

Fortunately we got past it. 15 years later, we are still best friends

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 02-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #232
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

I had thought that the woman who says "My son saw what Clark did" could be Annette O'Toole and that she could be the mother of Pete Ross. Now I think that would be kinda cool! And I just can't see Pete being a bully...more like the kid who GETS BULLIED

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #233
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:44 PM   #234
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Everytime I leave this forum for a few hours, I come back and I notice everyone is talking about something completely irrelevant to MOS lol

Old 02-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #235
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

WF>MOS.

No that was harsh. Batman>Everything Else>MOS.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #236
Wheels
The Guy

We've discussed Man of Steel to death. That's part of the reason I spend more time in other sections now. We need some new material.

Quote:
I gave you cookies!
-- Bo Dallas
Old 02-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #237
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Speaking of discussing MOS, do you guys think we'll get anything out of Crowe on Leno tonight?

Old 02-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #238
Jim-El
"My Son"

Crowe on Leno? Thanks for the info.....I'll be sure and watch! Crowe is one of my favorite actors!

Old 02-25-2013, 07:53 PM   #239
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Probably not.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #240
JimJimBinks
A friend

I'd be surprised if he said anything about the movie. Though I would absolutely love for him to sing part of "Can you read my mind."

Old 02-25-2013, 08:05 PM   #241
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

I day dreamed of a Terence Malick-esque sequence of Jor-El spending time with a baby Superman (with Krypton in full glory in the background), sort of like how Brad Pitt's character plays with his newborn son in the Tree of Life. That would look amazing on screen.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #242
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
"did I do thaaat?"

Old 02-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #243
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Urkel is the king of Burn It Kill It with Fire Thread.

Old 02-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #244
Glassjaw
In training

Okay so absolutely nothing to talk about at the moment so to keep things moving, remember when we got the teaser trailers, there was a discussion as to who the kid wearing the red towel round his neck could be. Was it a young Clark, but then who the heck is he meant to be dressed as, or is it some kid influenced by Superman, reminding the audiences how when we were young, it was Superman we pretended to be.

Since those shots didn't appear in the second trailer I sorta forgot about them, but now that I think about it, is towel boy the same actor as the young Clark who says 'the worlds too big Mom' ? He certainly fits age wise. Which if true, means that is young Clark playing make believe as a hero. Which fits rather nicely with Goyer's comments that this Superman is an unabashed hero. This won't be a guy reluctant to use his powers to help people, this will be someone who wants to help, but suspects the world isn't ready yet (people freak out over the bus incident, maybe he is exposed once again on the oil rig and despite saving the day, people can't trust what they can't explain). That's my reading anyway. 'What do you think?'

Last edited by Glassjaw; 02-25-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #245
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Reynolds/Pine - Green Lantern -
Bay
Gosling/Kwanten - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
- It's the Dawn Of A New Day!!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:00 PM   #246
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Some guy asked Mayimbe on twitter if the MoS Rumor about Cavill's peformance lacking was true, and he said it wasn't.

Quote:
Mister Moustache: Hearing rumors about a #MoS screening. Praises to Shannon, Crowe and action. Cavill's performance supposedly lacking. True?
Quote:
El Mayimbe: Nope! Not true!

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #247
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Some guy asked Mayimbe on twitter if the MoS Rumor about Cavill's peformance lacking was true, and he said it wasn't.
where was that rumor from? First time I've heard anyone say something bad about Cavill in MOS.....not that it isn't expected sadly

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Reynolds/Pine - Green Lantern -
Bay
Gosling/Kwanten - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
- It's the Dawn Of A New Day!!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #248
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
where was that rumor from? First time I've heard anyone say something bad about Cavill in MOS.....not that it isn't expected sadly

I think a guy named Poni said that a critic thought it or something. Honestly, I don't even remember.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #249
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Well that settles it, one webmaster on twitter said he heard Cavill's performance was lacking and another one said it isn't.

Whichever answer you like is correct.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #250
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Well that settles it, one webmaster on twitter said he heard Cavill's performance was lacking and another one said it isn't.

Whichever answer you like is correct.
Or...or we could just wait until the movie comes out to judge for ourselves. But that would require patience.

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Closed Thread