The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 10-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Default Big Hero 6 Animated movie

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/06/2...ro-6-breaking/

I'm not incredibly overwhelmed by this either, but frankly I'm shocked that no one is talking about this.

Was this debunked?

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #2
Chewy
REDACTED

Default Re: Big Hero 6 Animated movie

Seems weird as they presumably don't have the rights to Sunfire and Silver Samurai

Last edited by Chewy; 10-29-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Seems weird as they presumably don't have the rights to Sunfire and Silver Samurai
The fact that Wolverine has appeared in a Marvel animated movie (Hulk vs.) and a Disney animated series (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes) makes me wonder if Fox has the animated rights to F4 and X-Men characters.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #4
Chewy
REDACTED

I'm sure there's clauses that prevent Marvel from using the characters in theatrical animated films. Otherwise Pixar would be hard at work on a Spider-Man movie right now

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #5
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
The fact that Wolverine has appeared in a Marvel animated movie (Hulk vs.) and a Disney animated series (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes) makes me wonder if Fox has the animated rights to F4 and X-Men characters.
Marvel owns All their characters outside of live action movies.. Marvel owns all animated characters as that was never part of the deals being when they made the movie licensing deals X-Men and Spider-Man animated tv shows were on Fox kids..

My only real question was how Fox tried to sue Marvel over television (Mutant X) when that should have nothing to do with the movies. I still scratch my head about that

Dr Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I'm sure there's clauses that prevent Marvel from using the characters in theatrical animated films. Otherwise Pixar would be hard at work on a Spider-Man movie right now
Very true. Some sort of non-compete clause, though I imagine they could get Fox to agree on Sunfire. With Silver Samurai as the Wolverine's main villain, I doubt we'll see him anywhere near this movie.

Last edited by KangConquers; 10-29-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #7
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Is this going to be a straight-to-dvd or theatrical release?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #8
Mr. Dent
Banned User

It's a theatrical release.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #9
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

That's really something. It's not a team I'm familiar with, but Disney must have a lot of faith in the director and Marvel to be releasing it as their animated feature for 2014.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #10
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I think it has potential. I like that they're using an anime-esque art style for it. I probably won't see it in theaters (too embarrassing) but I'll pick it up on BD.

Old 02-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #11
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Maybe they're waiting to see how the Wolverine film will turn out because Silver Samurai could confuse the audience.

I'm not really crazy about the concept for some of the characters. It feels like another attempt to impersonate anime and manga. The inclusion of both Sunfire and Silver Samurai are interesting. They're not close but their personalities both waver between the sides of patriotism and nationalism. And they didn't include Psylocke, which is smart.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Red Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #12
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Sunfire and Silver Samurai might not be in this version of the team.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #13
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I think it has potential. I like that they're using an anime-esque art style for it. I probably won't see it in theaters (too embarrassing) but I'll pick it up on BD.
You must not like watching Disney movies when they're out in theaters.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #14
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I'll watch certain Pixar movies.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #15
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

This movie is apparently going to be released on November 21, 2014. Which means we'll get five Marvel movies that year.

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
Old 02-25-2013, 04:11 AM   #16
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

That's impressive. What's even more impressive is that this will be Marvel's first animated movie with a theatrical release. If Big Hero 6 is successful then I expect more animated theatrical releases but with well-known heroes in the Marvel universe. That's a great way to make more heroes known without giving them live-action films right away.

November 21 is said to be the release date in Spain. Disney currently has an untitled project set for November 7, so that is most likely Big Hero 6. I honestly thought it was going to be King of the Elves instead. I'm not disappointed at all, though.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 02-25-2013 at 04:21 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #17
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

I wonder which this movie will be, CGI or hand-drawn? I'd prefer hand-drawn for this, but I wouldn't be surprised if they went the CGI route.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #18
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
This movie is apparently going to be released on November 21, 2014. Which means we'll get five Marvel movies that year.
And that's five Marvel superhero teams featured on the big screen - six if you count the 60's and modern X-Men teams separately - before DC can muster up a Justice League film.

I can see this film being like a CGI version of the Teen Titans cartoon - anime styling, family-friendly, lots of humor. Though my knowledge of the team is pretty much non-existent, it makes sense for Marvel to explore the superhero activities outside of the US.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #19
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

I'd have rather seen a Runaways animated film.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #20
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Same here, but I'll take what I can get. This is a major step for Marvel and Disney.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:25 AM   #21
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I wonder which this movie will be, CGI or hand-drawn? I'd prefer hand-drawn for this, but I wouldn't be surprised if they went the CGI route.
God, I hope it's hand drawn. So sick of this CGI crap. One thing I miss about growing up in the 80's and 90's were the big budget, theatrical releases of hand-drawn animated films.

ShredderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:27 AM   #22
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredderX View Post
God, I hope it's hand drawn. So sick of this CGI crap. One thing I miss about growing up in the 80's and 90's were the big budget, theatrical releases of hand-drawn animated films.

I definitely agree. I love CGI(Tangled was beautiful), but I want Disney to do more hand-drawn films like they used to. It shouldn't ever die out.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:58 AM   #23
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

This movie is definitely gonna be 3D and CGI.

Is this going to be released under Walt Disney Animated Studios or Pixar?

Its gonna be really interesting to see how will they adapt Silver Samurai especially he's also gonna appear in another movie this year.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:08 AM   #24
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
This movie is definitely gonna be 3D and CGI.

Is this going to be released under Walt Disney Animated Studios or Pixar?

Its gonna be really interesting to see how will they adapt Silver Samurai especially he's also gonna appear in another movie this year.
Walt Disney Animated Studios. Pixar sticks to their own original ideas, and probably won't be doing a Marvel movie anytime soon.

I don't think Silver Samurai will be in this movie, I think they'll have other heroes instead.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:10 AM   #25
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
I'd have rather seen a Runaways animated film.
We should get a live-action Runaways movie!

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Red Mask is offline   Reply With Quote