The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #551
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!
 
The_Mighty_Thor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Beantown.
Posts: 6,851
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post



I think the MTV Movie Awards is far more your speed...

you know... the ones where you can vote online (multiple times)... and How Kristen Stewart and Megan Fox actually win awards...
Stop acting like a little child. There's nothing comparitive between that and the actual opinion of the majority.

__________________
MY GOD CARRIES A HAMMER, YOURS WAS NAILED TO A CROSS! ANY QUESTIONS?
The_Mighty_Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #552
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,179
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
Stop acting like a little child. There's nothing comparitive between that and the actual opinion of the majority.
so you're now assuming everyone who saw avengers, now feels it's there favorite movie of the year? That's a bit Naive... and a dense assumption..

I see plenty of movies a year, and just because i went to see them doesn't mean i was casting a vote on my opinion.

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:11 AM   #553
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,179
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
I made that analogy as a specific reply to someone else and it it was tied into what they said. I don't give a rats ass if you understood it but in all seriousness you'd have to be pretty dim to struggle with it the way that you did.



Oh please, it's more clear to you because you made it and it's far from spot on.


hate to break it to you, but the person you were responding to didn't think it made a lick of sense either...

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #554
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!
 
RockSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,373
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
Well DUH! My first comment was that I didn't think any of these awards shows should have a best picture category. Appearently you a an a couple of others don't think anyone should have a differing opinion from your own and if they do they must be beaten into submission.
I disagree with you on this subject and have said why but I'm not trying "to beat you into submission". It's just not that deep (similar to the Oscars themselves).

__________________
It's not Marvel and DC's place to create our stories. We create our stories. --Dwayne McDuffie

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #555
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!
 
The_Mighty_Thor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Beantown.
Posts: 6,851
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post


hate to break it to you, but the person you were responding to didn't think it made a lick of sense either...
Then he's no brighter than you.

__________________
MY GOD CARRIES A HAMMER, YOURS WAS NAILED TO A CROSS! ANY QUESTIONS?
The_Mighty_Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:34 AM   #556
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!
 
The_Mighty_Thor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Beantown.
Posts: 6,851
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
so you're now assuming everyone who saw avengers, now feels it's there favorite movie of the year? That's a bit Naive... and a dense assumption..

I see plenty of movies a year, and just because i went to see them doesn't mean i was casting a vote on my opinion.
No I'm assuming that most people who saw it liked that film more than any of the oscar nominees since most of them didn't bother to see any of the nominees. And it's not actually an assumption since the box office proives it.

The only dense assumption was yours.

__________________
MY GOD CARRIES A HAMMER, YOURS WAS NAILED TO A CROSS! ANY QUESTIONS?
The_Mighty_Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #557
Travesty
TEOL
 
Travesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15,771
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

__________________

Travesty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #558
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,179
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
Then he's no brighter than you.
or you know... if you live in your own little world like Sheldon Cooper...

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #559
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,179
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
No I'm assuming that most people who saw it liked that film more than any of the oscar nominees since most of them didn't bother to see any of the nominees. And it's not actually an assumption since the box office proives it.

The only dense assumption was yours.
actually it is an assumption.

Most People these days only go to theaters for big spectacles/highly anticipated films, they're willing to shell out big money for. Most people these days wait for DVD/Blu-Ray/OnDemand to see anything.

I waited to see Argo on DVD and loved it., it was a far better film than Avengers as a whole. And that's coming from a huge fan of the avengers and marvel in general. Argo was just a much better crafted film in all aspects. The Avengers is a completely seperate form of excitement.

but whatever.. your opinion on the subject, is just your opinion. And not the majorities...

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #560
Doc Ock
1951-2014
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,501
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

I like pie?

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #561
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!
 
The_Mighty_Thor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Beantown.
Posts: 6,851
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
actually it is an assumption.

Most People these days only go to theaters for big spectacles/highly anticipated films, they're willing to shell out big money for.
Yeah the ones that they are sure they're going to like.

__________________
MY GOD CARRIES A HAMMER, YOURS WAS NAILED TO A CROSS! ANY QUESTIONS?
The_Mighty_Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #562
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!
 
The_Mighty_Thor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Beantown.
Posts: 6,851
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I like pie?
So do I but only apple. No other pies should ever get made cause apple is the best!

__________________
MY GOD CARRIES A HAMMER, YOURS WAS NAILED TO A CROSS! ANY QUESTIONS?
The_Mighty_Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #563
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!
 
The_Mighty_Thor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Beantown.
Posts: 6,851
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
or you know... if you live in your own little world like Sheldon Cooper...
Yay, another incohearant meaningless response that was obviously meant as an insult but only served to make you look bad.

__________________
MY GOD CARRIES A HAMMER, YOURS WAS NAILED TO A CROSS! ANY QUESTIONS?
The_Mighty_Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #564
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,179
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
Yeah the ones that they are sure they're going to like.
wait.. so people only go to movies they know they're only going to love? You as a "film maker" can honestly tell me every movie you saw in a theater you liked????

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #565
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,179
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

I guess AFI's list of movies is irrelevant and should be retooled to only include the top 100 highest grossing films as well

spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #566
Doc Ock
1951-2014
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,501
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
So do I but only apple. No other pies should ever get made cause apple is the best!
No pumpkin is the best.

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 6.5/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - 10/10
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #567
Travesty
TEOL
 
Travesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 15,771
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Lemon meringue.

__________________

Travesty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #568
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,179
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
No pumpkin is the best.
I concur with a grahm cracker crust

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #569
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!
 
RockSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,373
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Well, the Academy of Bakers and Pie-filling Sciences says cherry is the best. But more people bought rhubarb, so...

__________________
It's not Marvel and DC's place to create our stories. We create our stories. --Dwayne McDuffie

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #570
mc7791
The boys have arrived
 
mc7791's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 975
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

I did not see all the nominees but some of them. I did see Argo, Lincoln, Silver Linings and Zero Dark thirty. All well done and well crafted films in many aspects but to me Avengers was the movie of the year for me. I have loved the comics since I was a kid and this film lived up to and exceeded its hype in all aspects. Does that make me stupid for some reason?

mc7791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:00 PM   #571
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!
 
The_Mighty_Thor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Beantown.
Posts: 6,851
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
wait.. so people only go to movies they know they're only going to love? You as a "film maker" can honestly tell me every movie you saw in a theater you liked????
Nobody knows if they're going to love it but you see the previews and often you know the actors or directors so you have an idea of the film before you go. As a film maker I've watched a lot of things in film festivals that I wished I hadn't but no I've never seen any thing in a regular theatre that I didn't like, especially not in recent times like you sugested where people are very selective of what they go and see. Some things didn't live up to expectations but they were still good.

__________________
MY GOD CARRIES A HAMMER, YOURS WAS NAILED TO A CROSS! ANY QUESTIONS?
The_Mighty_Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #572
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,179
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
Nobody knows if they're going to love it but you see the previews and often you know the actors or directors so you have an idea of the film before you go. As a film maker I've watched a lot of things in film festivals that I wished I hadn't but no I've never seen any thing in a regular theatre that I didn't like, especially not in recent times like you sugested where people are very selective of what they go and see. Some things didn't live up to expectations but they were still good.
yes, but to some people Avengers and The Dark Knight Rises also didn't live up to there expectations.. but just because they made the most money.. doesn't mean they were reviewed the best.

you'd have a more compelling argument if you said "Best Picture should be decided by Rotten Tomatoes"

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]

Last edited by spideyboy_1111; 02-26-2013 at 01:27 PM.
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #573
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 19,345
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
No pumpkin is the best.
I was all set to make the case for strawberry but pumpkin does indeed edge out all other, lesser pies.

__________________
Our life in this world...
to what shall I compare it?
It is like an echo
resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #574
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,852
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Pumpkin is best for fall and winter but for the rest of the year I can't choose between either key lime or apple.

Webfoot Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #575
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,179
Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

eww key lime?

I'd buy hundreds of Pumpkin pies, if that means my pie wins!

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.