The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spidey-World

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 12:56 AM   #51
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: I want a new Spidey Animated series

Quote:
Originally Posted by spida-man View Post
In a perfect words where we get a new series, I'd want one using the exact same art and animation as what is shown here:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Why would you want cheap art and animation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I loved the designs of Spectacular Spider-man, sure, some characters like Green Goblin could have been done better, but the designs fitted Spidey perfectly, and since it was simple it was easy to animate, leading to more fluid movements and awesome fight scenes.

So many prefer Ultimate's designs, i don't enjoy them that much, it's the same type of designs we've seen in a thousand cartoons, while Spectacular's gave it an identity, and the fight scenes don't even compare.
Yeah, TSSM's stylistic designs grew on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
We all are aware of this. But they cancelled a good show & replaced it with a crappy one. We're expanding on that premise and saying how they could fix it. I personally still think the chief reason why they 86'd Spectacular is because it had similarities to the Raimi movies; the origin, the action style, some images being ripped right from the screen and replicated in animated form. And I think Ultimate, like the reboot, was designed to appeal to the "new generation" of Spidey fans.
I'm pretty sure that's not why. There are several reasons why it happened but I highly doubt that's one of them.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:32 AM   #52
Drakepool
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 472
Default Re: I want a new Spidey Animated series

I've always loved SSM's designs. Spidey looked...cute, for lack of a better term.

Drakepool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #53
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...
 
Chris Wallace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 35,660
Default Re: I want a new Spidey Animated series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Why would you want cheap art and animation?


Yeah, TSSM's stylistic designs grew on me.


I'm pretty sure that's not why. There are several reasons why it happened but I highly doubt that's one of them.
You don't think it was a factor? They suddenly 86 a popular and successful show almost simultaneously when they kill and reboot the film franchise and you don't think the 2 are connected? Cartoon decisions and movie decisions tend to be as connected as possible so they can cash in on the movie's hype.

__________________
Michael Joseph Jackson 1958-2009. Gone Too Soon.
May he finally find the peace that eluded him in life.
There is only ONE Spider-Man. His name is Peter Parker. He's an adult, and he's straight!
Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #54
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,677
Default Re: I want a new Spidey Animated series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
You don't think it was a factor? They suddenly 86 a popular and successful show almost simultaneously when they kill and reboot the film franchise and you don't think the 2 are connected? Cartoon decisions and movie decisions tend to be as connected as possible so they can cash in on the movie's hype.
Actually, it was because the Spider-Man TV rights went back to Sony. After the production of Spider-Man 4 fell through, Sony needed an extension on the movie rights in order to reboot and continue doing Spider-Man films so they gave the TV and merchandising rights back to Marvel as a trade-off. Marvel had the choice to either make their own cartoon or spend a lot more money to either pay Sony to continue TSSM or to buy the rights from them. They obviously went with the decision to make a new cartoon since it was a lot cheaper.

Greg Weisman explained it on his Ask Greg website:
http://s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/search.php?qid=14223

Quote:
Marvel DIDN'T cancel it.
It's all very complicated, and we were certainly the recipients of bad corporate luck, but no single company cancelled the series. We just wound up with a situation where no single company could proceed with it.
I'll try to break it all down:
1. Sony had originally produced SpecSpidey as part of their overall entertainment license of the Spidey property (which of course included the extremely lucrative live action films).
2. But in order to win some concession on those live action feature films, Sony returned the animation rights to the character back to Marvel.
3. So now only Marvel could produce a Spider-Man cartoon. Sony no longer could, which meant SpecSpidey couldn't continue at Sony.
4. I have no idea whether Marvel was interested in continuing Spectacular Spider-Man or not. But let's assume for the sake of argument that they would have liked to.
5. They couldn't.
6. Why? Because Sony owned all the specific elements (designs, storyline, etc.) to the SpecSpidey VERSION of Spider-Man. So Marvel would have had to license all that BACK from Sony.
7. You can imagine how unlikely THAT scenario was. Marvel finally gets the rights back to do an animated version of their marquee character, and then they have to pay Sony to do it instead of just starting from scratch. That was never going to happen.
8. Of course, all this was complicated by the fact that Disney purchased Marvel, and Disney and Sony are direct competitors.
9. And I'm sure Marvel was excited to put their own stamp on an animated Spider-Man. Who could blame them?
10. So that was it. We were toast through no fault of our own. The folks at Marvel, Sony and even Disney all seemed to like our show, but the corporate mess made it impossible for us to continue.
11. And, yes, it is a bummer. (For me, at least.) But it's no single person or single company's fault. It's just how things shook out.
12. And finally, though I have no involvement with the upcoming Ultimate Spider-Man, you can't deny that a lot of great people have worked on it. There's no reason to think it won't be as good or better than SpecSpidey. To a certain generation, SpecSpidey will always be THEIR Spider-Man cartoon. But to a new batch o' viewers, I'm sure their Spidey of choice will be the Ultimate.
Also, Ultimate Spider-Man has pretty much nothing in common with the reboot. Spectacular Spider-Man is a lot more like the reboot than USM so even if what you say was true, it wouldn't make much sense on Marvel's part.

I also think that despite the main reason being rights issues, TSSM wouldn't have continued anyway due to Quesada and Loeb being in charge of Marvel Animation. They openly came out and said that they don't like mature and intelligent shows with ongoing story arcs and that they also believe kids wouldn't like it either. That's why they cancelled Avengers EMH in favor of an Avengers show that, based on what we've heard so far from them, will not be like that. Going by that mentality and by the fact that Quesada likes to destroy Spidey in every medium, I'm assuming that TSSM would've been cancelled around the same time or just a tiny bit later than when it did even if Marvel could and wanted to continue it from where Sony left off.

Shikamaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #55
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...
 
Chris Wallace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 35,660
Default Re: I want a new Spidey Animated series

When did I say Marvel cancelled anything or had ANY say in anything Sony does?

__________________
Michael Joseph Jackson 1958-2009. Gone Too Soon.
May he finally find the peace that eluded him in life.
There is only ONE Spider-Man. His name is Peter Parker. He's an adult, and he's straight!
Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #56
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,677
Default Re: I want a new Spidey Animated series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
When did I say Marvel cancelled anything or had ANY say in anything Sony does?
Here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
We all are aware of this. But they cancelled a good show & replaced it with a crappy one. We're expanding on that premise and saying how they could fix it. I personally still think the chief reason why they 86'd Spectacular is because it had similarities to the Raimi movies; the origin, the action style, some images being ripped right from the screen and replicated in animated form. And I think Ultimate, like the reboot, was designed to appeal to the "new generation" of Spidey fans.
If that's not what you meant, I apologize for misreading your post. Though you do greatly imply it in this post.

Shikamaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #57
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: I want a new Spidey Animated series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
When did I say Marvel cancelled anything or had ANY say in anything Sony does?
It's not just about Marvel, you're implying that Sony cancelled the show themselves which they didn't.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:36 PM   #58
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,644
Default Re: I want a new Spidey Animated series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I also think that despite the main reason being rights issues, TSSM wouldn't have continued anyway due to Quesada and Loeb being in charge of Marvel Animation. They openly came out and said that they don't like mature and intelligent shows with ongoing story arcs and that they also believe kids wouldn't like it either. That's why they cancelled Avengers EMH in favor of an Avengers show that, based on what we've heard so far from them, will not be like that. Going by that mentality and by the fact that Quesada likes to destroy Spidey in every medium, I'm assuming that TSSM would've been cancelled around the same time or just a tiny bit later than when it did even if Marvel could and wanted to continue it from where Sony left off.
Even though . . . Ultimate Spider-Man has ongoing story arcs...

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #59
zeptron
Side-Kick
 
zeptron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,273
Default Re: I want a new Spidey Animated series

I hate to say this, but Spectacular Spider-man may have been doomed from the start. It premiered on KidsWB just months before the block was replaced. And the second season aired in other countries before the US. And by the time the US started airing the second season, all the episodes were already on Youtube.

zeptron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #60
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...
 
Chris Wallace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 35,660
Default Re: I want a new Spidey Animated series

Maybe. In any event we lost a good show and got a crappy one in its place. Why doesn't even matter.

__________________
Michael Joseph Jackson 1958-2009. Gone Too Soon.
May he finally find the peace that eluded him in life.
There is only ONE Spider-Man. His name is Peter Parker. He's an adult, and he's straight!
Chris Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #61
SonicWarrior
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Station Square
Posts: 191
Default Re: I want a new Spidey Animated series

So does the rest of the world...
But some of the things you want for it I'd rather not have. It sounds like you just want the 90's series back. In that case, I'd rather have the Spectacular Spider-Man back, but on like, the internet or something. So when it comes to stuff like Gwen's death, it could go all out without scaring the kids. Time we older Spidey Fans get what we want. The kids will watch ANYTHING...

SonicWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.