The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #951
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Default Re: Shailene Woodley IS Mary Jane Watson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan93 View Post
No, it doesn't matter how damn attractive she is. Maybe...just ****ing maybe...they found an interesting character trait(s) for the character that separate her from Gwen Stacy. Maybe they can be differentiated, by personality and not just how "hot" they appear.

Maybe she ignites a spark in Peter through something intrinsic and not a ****ing boner!

I agree 100%. Unfortunately though, it's like talking to a brick wall around here

Old 02-26-2013, 06:52 PM   #952
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel X View Post
But there IS a level of objectivity to it. If you look at past "it girls" known for there attractiveness: Megan Fox, Jessica Alba, Halle Berry, Angelina Jolie, etc...they were considered very attractive by MILLIONS of men around the globe. Why? Because there is a little objectivity to attractiveness, no matter what everyone else would like to believe.
That's not objectivity, that's general opinion.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #953
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
right. but Sentinel X makes a great point.

The general opinion should be that MJ is attractive. It doesn't seem to be does it?

Now at that, most of the actresses he listed are terrible actresses. So the goal is to find a hybrid or a happy medium of general attractiveness and acting skills.

Which... they may have found with SW. Its just not been made obvious to me yet.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #954
thegameisback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Ultimate MJ was essentially Amazing Gwen and Ultimate Gwen was essentially Amazing MJ.
More or less. There are similarities (not too much) between Amazing Gwen and Ultimate MJ, but Ultimate Gwen is kinda a rebel bad-girl, not exactly an "Amazing MJ" type...

Old 02-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #955
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
who are you trying to impress?

No one, some of these comments are just honestly getting under my skin. No matter how many times it occurs, when people complain about how attractive an actress looks concerning a comic book character...it's agitating.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #956
Sentinel X
optical illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
No, its not just general opinion (besides where do you think that "general opinion" is coming from? I guess these millions of people just happen to find the same handful of Hollywood starlets highly attractive...wow, what a coincidence)

.There is an actual science behind attractiveness being that we are biological organisms that have evolved in a manner to give our progeny a genetic advantage. There are plenty of research studies dealing with the science and genetics of beauty. A lot of it has to do with facial symmetry but of course it isn't limited to only that. Sure, physical attractiveness definitely has a lot of subjectivity to it but there is a lot more objectivity to the matter than people may think.

.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
Old 02-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #957
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan93 View Post
No one, some of these comments are just honestly getting under my skin. No matter how many times it occurs, when people complain about how attractive an actress looks concerning a comic book character...it's agitating.
well don't fret. I heard they are casting Glen Close as Ms. Marvel. That should set your mind at ease.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #958
cosmicherosa
king of life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel X View Post
That is just ridiculous. Dunst is a better and more accomplished actress than Shailene. She is actually not that great of an actress. She was okay in the descendants (a movie that got more praise because George Clooney happened to be in it) but is HORRIBLE and I mean HORRIBLE on her that cheesy teenager soap opera on ABC family.

So if we're going to talk about acting Kristen has the upper hand. If we are going to talk about looks, SO FAR I can say that Spider-man 1 Kristen looked better but at the end of the day neither of them would be considered smoking hot, which is what MJ is suppose to be. And yes, there are plenty of actresses out there that are hot and can act

I agree. Not sure where this whole "good actress" thing is coming from. Delusional. Anne Hathaway is a good actress. Jennifer Lawrence is a good actress.

Elmer Fudd lookin chick from one movie and horrible teen tv show on horrible channel not a good actress.

And I keep seeing "Trust me, you'll love her." from people on this thread. Like you have some insider knowledge or are her agent. You know nothing so stop saying "trust me".

"Hey honey, some shlup on SHH said she is good, so she must be."

Old 02-26-2013, 07:03 PM   #959
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
right. but Sentinel X makes a great point.

The general opinion should be that MJ is attractive. It doesn't seem to be does it?

Now at that, most of the actresses he listed are terrible actresses. So the goal is to find a hybrid or a happy medium of general attractiveness and acting skills.

Which... they may have found with SW. Its just not been made obvious to me yet.

Depends who you ask. The guys on this board don't think she measures up to the super model standard of a comic book drawing...

But most people on the street (Who are the GA) would agree that she is very pretty/attractive.

How is this is even an argument

Old 02-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #960
TheForgotten
Side-Kick

I'm glad Woodley was cast. I am SICK of these stupid fans casting models with no acting talent. What happened to everyone hating Megan Fox because she can't act? Hypocrites. Shailene Woodley will be great as MJ. She has great talent and I'm confident Marc Webb knows what he's doing with his story and cast.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #961
hatebox
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Erm not NEARLY as much as the fanboy nerds trolling about, complaining that Shailene isn't "hot enough". It's not even a comparison.

Where were all the complaints about Christian Bale not being hot enough to play Bruce Wayne? That's right, there weren't any because he was evaluated based on his enormous acting skill and performance.
... And because most women found Bale very hot around that time.

...Aaaannnd because the vast majority of these forums are made up of men. You think Pattinson didn't get this crap from fangirls when they first cast him in Twilight?

Old 02-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #962
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
It doesn't seem to be does it?
You're right about that! In general opinion Shailene is not considered "super hot". That one we can agree on of course, hard to argue against. I guess we just don't agree on if it's a good choice or not, or how attractive or not she is comparing our two views.

Last edited by 747; 02-26-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #963
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

What really gets me is when people say this doesn't count because she isn't wearing makeup:

now who is being shallow? the most attracted I've ever been to a human being is when a truly beautiful woman isn't wearing makeup, celebrity or otherwise.

have your own opinions. But I will rest easy not being attracted to the impish immature looking girl pictured above.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #964
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatebox View Post
... And because most women found Bale very hot around that time.

...Aaaannnd because the vast majority of these forums are made up of men. You think Pattinson didn't get this crap from fangirls when they first cast him in Twilight?

Sure they did and sure he did.

It happens. I won't deny that, but it happens for every single woman in a comic book film. Period. That's the part that isn't right.

Male fans evaluated him on his amazing talent while males fans then evaluate an actress in a CBM on whether she's "hot enough". That's how it goes.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:19 PM   #965
mayo23
Side-Kick

Quote:

It happens. I won't deny that, but it happens for every single woman in a comic book film. Period. That's the part that isn't right.

Male fans evaluated him on his amazing talent while males fans then evaluate an actress in a CBM on whether she's "hot enough". That's how it goes.
I remember this happening when Anne Hathaway was cast as Catwoman. Some said she wasn't curvacious enough. Well I think she did quite well in the role in the end, either way.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #966
Schrute
Side-Kick

Yeah, cause I'm sure all of you posting on SHH look VERY attractive...give me a break

Old 02-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #967
elsewhere
omnipotent

Quote:
What really gets me is when people say this doesn't count because she isn't wearing makeup:

now who is being shallow? the most attracted I've ever been to a human being is when a truly beautiful woman isn't wearing makeup, celebrity or otherwise.

have your own opinions. But I will rest easy not being attracted to the impish immature looking girl pictured above.
Never under-estimate the power of movie magic.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:20 PM   #968
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:

hm. that idk. Because I'd agree if someone said that the actor playing CapAm, Ironman, Batman or Supes should be an attractive fella.

Less so about Bruce Banner, Hank Pym or Peter Parker (to an extent)

Old 02-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #969
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsewhere View Post
Never under-estimate the power of movie magic.
and I'm all for that. I've said several times I'll give her a shot. I trust Webb and I know that SW must have something I'm not seeing.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #970
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

The ign comments are terrible.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...-man-2-costume

Old 02-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #971
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

I can't even think of a legit actress who has proven herself to be capable, could pass as a teen, and is drop dead gorgeous.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:31 PM   #972
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrute View Post
Yeah, cause I'm sure all of you posting on SHH look VERY attractive...give me a break

Old 02-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #973
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Kickass View Post
I'm going to hell for laughing this hard.

"steve perry"

"linebacker neck"

"stuntman"

lololol all the way to the bank

Old 02-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #974
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

teehee.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #975
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrute View Post
Yay, more attacks on the posters instead of talking about the topic. Listen, I'm sure are actually some attractive posters on this forum...in fact, I KNOW there are because I've seen pictures. Also, without straying into egotistical territory, I think that I'm a pretty handsome fellow myself even if I'm a midget.

But even if a poster here at the hype is a 5'3, 320 lb albino with crooked teeth and more freckles on their face than stars in the sky...it's entirely possible that poster can differentiate between average beauty and exceptional beauty.

Closed Thread