Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 06:47 PM   #726
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Maybe ten years ago but Deadpool is way more popular then those characters nowadays. Blade and Daredevil were a success which is why they spawned sequels and spinoffs.
Look what happened to those series, they are over! Something that I don't want to happen to X-Men!

Quote:
Of course because those actors and roster sell more.
and thats why they need to continue the series with them because there's a bigger chance that the series would thrive.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 02-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #727
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Look what happened to those series, they are over! Something that I don't want to happen to X-Men!
They made bad movies. Im not saying make ****** movies like Blade 3 and Elektra.

Again, there are too many Marketable well known X Men to make it work within one film. Its just a mistake. You can have a main series and other teams work fine.

Last edited by def28; 02-26-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #728
Angamb
Banned User

agree.

Lets see how Guardians of the galaxy will do next year. If it is a decent hit, x-men fans will have the CLEAR proff studios can handle different type of comic movies

Old 02-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #729
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
They made bad movies. Im not saying make ****** movies like Blade 3 and Elektra.

Again, there are too many Marketable well known X Men to make it work within one film. Its just a mistake. You can have a main series and other teams work fine.
You thought Daredevil, Blade and Blade II were good movies. So even if Deadpool ended up as a good movie, there's no guarantee that it would be a blockbuster hit. For me, I would rather want FOX to spend their time, developing films that has a bigger chance on earning more money at the box-office.

And who's to say that if they make a X-Men 4/5/6 movie, the other characters won't shine again because of Wolverine. Thats the fault of the director and the writers if Wolverine ends up camera-hogging again but there's a definitely a way for every X-Men to get enough screentime without Wolverine being the main focus of the movie. Thats why I already removed Professor X in my roster for X4 because I feel like characters Rogue, Iceman and the other X-Men won't shine enough if there's a man behind them telling them what to do or not. But I'm keeping Wolverine because of his star power. And I'm also removing Magneto so the new antagonist would get a proper introduction without Magneto having a presence/role in the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
agree.

Lets see how Guardians of the galaxy will do next year. If it is a decent hit, x-men fans will have the CLEAR proff studios can handle different type of comic movies
Have you seen Kick-Ass? Its also a movie based on the comic-books and its getting a sequel. So Guardians of the Galaxy is not exactly the first B-list or C-list comic book to get a movie adaptation.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-26-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #730
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

This is why I want a reboot. FOX has shown that as long as Hugh is willing, they will keep his character front and center. And I don't even mind having the films told from a certain character's point of view, but goddamn, switch up the view sometimes! Start humping on the leg of another musclebound actor for once (I love Hugh but come on...it's over already) or better yet a gorgeous actress.

As much as I adore the original cast, the ship has sailed. I say let them all go on to different things and reimagine the series completely. As the latest Spider-Man film (and the forthcoming Fantastic Four) has shown, you don't have to wait 10-plus years to "fix" something that clearly doesn't work anymore.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #731
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, hopefully after DOFP we get a fresh start of some sort.

Quote:
For me, I would rather want FOX to spend their time, developing films that has a bigger chance on earning more money at the box-office.

Why do you think making one takes away from the other in some way? Its the same as what they are doing with The Wolverine and DOFP. They work on the films with different teams. In the end it should build the world more, while giving audiences more variety of characters.

Last edited by def28; 02-26-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #732
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post

As much as I adore the original cast, the ship has sailed. I say let them all go on to different things and reimagine the series completely. As the latest Spider-Man film (and the forthcoming Fantastic Four) has shown, you don't have to wait 10-plus years to "fix" something that clearly doesn't work anymore.

Yeah... except that new Spider-Man movie completely failed to do any of that.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #733
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
This is why I want a reboot. FOX has shown that as long as Hugh is willing, they will keep his character front and center. And I don't even mind having the films told from a certain character's point of view, but goddamn, switch up the view sometimes! Start humping on the leg of another musclebound actor for once (I love Hugh but come on...it's over already) or better yet a gorgeous actress.

This. All of it.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:52 PM   #734
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Yeah... except that new Spider-Man movie completely failed to do any of that.
Aaaannnnd neither has the X-Men franchise, so...yeah.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #735
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

SHH! Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 3

Quote:

DOFP will change that and you can only truly say that the ship has sailed, once FOX released an X-Men 4 movie and if ends up not doing well at the box-office and movie reviews from the critics/general public. You are only saying that the ship has sailed because you're tired of 1 character but clearly the general public isn't tired of Wolverine.

And Spider-Man 4 and Fantastic Four 3 didn't work simply because the people who were in charge of those movies didn't move forward.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-26-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #736
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Why do you think making one takes away from the other in some way? Its the same as what they are doing with The Wolverine and DOFP. They work on the films with different teams. In the end it should build the world more, while giving audiences more variety of characters.
Because for the general public its easier to follow 1 movie series than 2 movie series. After DOFP, can you really see these movies doing so well if they keep releasing these X-Men movies every year and they all focuses on different characters, like 1 series is focusing on Wolverine, 1 series is focusing on the 80s X-Men and 1 series is focusing on the original series. Its simply too much.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:37 PM   #737
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I hate reboots.Why this obsession of going back to drawing board consently I will never
understand.

The Amazing Spider-man was less sucessful than other Spider-man films even Spider-Man 3.while I liked the amazing spider-man better than the Rami Trilogy I am In minority.

We have had a back to begining film with first Class and we are getting both Bryan Singer directing and members of the OT cast back and people keep pushing reboot/
Seriously?

Old 02-26-2013, 08:40 PM   #738
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

They shouldn't reboot this series just because people think Wolverine will not stop camera-hogging if he keeps appearing in team movies. Its all in the hands of the writer and director. Even if FOX pushed the writers/directors to shove Wolverine in our throats, that is still not gonna stop the general public on watching X-Men movies.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #739
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I hate reboots.Why this obsession of going back to drawing board consently I will never
understand.

The Amazing Spider-man was less sucessful than other Spider-man films even Spider-Man 3.while I liked the amazing spider-man better than the Rami Trilogy I am In minority.

We have had a back to begining film with first Class and we are getting both Bryan Singer directing and members of the OT cast back and people keep pushing reboot/
Seriously?
Exactly. Don't understand why everyone thinks rebooting the series would automatically guarantee creativity and freshness. If anything, it just shows the complete opposite. The concept of DOFP alone is bigger than a reboot could ever be.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #740
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Even a X-Men reboot wouldn't mean no Wolverine.The Idea that they wouldn't want to use wolverine Is crazy.

Fox would leave Wolverine out of X-men Is about a slikely as warner brothers leaving Batman out of Justice league If It ever gets made.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #741
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Because for the general public its easier to follow 1 movie series than 2 movie series. After DOFP, can you really see these movies doing so well if they keep releasing these X-Men movies every year and they all focuses on different characters, like 1 series is focusing on Wolverine, 1 series is focusing on the 80s X-Men and 1 series is focusing on the original series. Its simply too much.
You could say the same thing about the MCU films especially with the news that they could start releasing 4+ films a year.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #742
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
You could say the same thing about the MCU films especially with the news that they could start releasing 4+ films a year.
MCU is different with X-Men. They have 3 to 5 (or more) major properties that they could adapt into successful movie series like Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers. With X-Men, its just the X-Men and the Wolverine.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #743
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Exactly. Don't understand why everyone thinks rebooting the series would automatically guarantee creativity and freshness. If anything, it just shows the complete opposite. The concept of DOFP alone is bigger than a reboot could ever be.
I can only understand reboots when film series has a bomb and has absense of several years like Batman Begins and Rise of planet of the apes.James Bond didn't need a reboot.X-men doesn't need a reboot.While I was never In love
with rami trilogy I understand that others love the first 2 rami films and why
some didn't want a Spider-man reboot.

With all the excitement for DOFP why would some just want to make that moot by reboot.And a reboot would rehash some of what first film and First Class did.

For those thinking an X-Men reboot would Immedetly be great box office smash I leave you with warning the Incredible Hulk although viewed by many as vastly superior to hulk only did slightly better at box office.

Plus this Is bryan Singer threat.Seriously come Into thread of him directing and push for reboot?

Old 02-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #744
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
MCU is different with X-Men. They have 3 to 5 (or more) major properties that they could adapt into successful movie series like Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers. With X-Men, its just the X-Men and the Wolverine.
Marvel studios Is doing what warner brothers should have been doing.They
made films of the big guns of avengers who could hold seperate films.The Incredible Hulk Is unlikely to get a sequel.

Guardians of the galaxy Is real non avengers film being made although that may be getting made to help set up Thanos for avengers 2.Ant-Man Is a gamble for them just as a deadpool film would be for Fox.

X-Men Is tricker.wolverine Is only X-Man who can sell his own film.Years of
comics prove this.The way they built up X-Men lore In comcis with several comics a month Is hard to duplicate In films.Remember before age of apocalpse Apocalypse was primarly a X-factor(original version) Villain.
Untill age of apocalpse Sinster had no connection to Apoclapse.

For now I am excited to see sentinles on screen and be able to get more large scale X-Men Vs Brotherhood than we got in first X-men.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #745
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Each of those series you listed have the same chance of running out of steam as the X-Men movies. Will the Avengers series be as fresh as it is now in 13 years? Probably not. The MCU is not free from creative burnout just because of how much property they own. Look at WB for cripes sake.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:34 PM   #746
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Each of those series you listed have the same chance of running out of steam as the X-Men movies. Will the Avengers series be as fresh as it is now in 13 years? Probably not. The MCU is not free from creative burnout just because of how much property they own. Look at WB for cripes sake.
Did I say that MCU is not free from creative burnout, no I did not. They just have more properties than they can adapt into films. Even if the Ant-Man movie flopped or Gurdians of the Galaxy bombed, they still have Iron Man and The Avengers. But with the X-Men, if spin-off movies like Deadpool, X-Force, New Mutants flopped, the whole X-Men movie series would be affected by it.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #747
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Also consider the non Iron Man films have done around what Origins has done domesticly.Cap thor and Hulk haven't caught on like Robert downey JR as tony Stark have.If disney
doesn't want to pay the fortune It will take for Downey to do more films since his contract ends with Iron Man 3 It could hurt future films.with spinoffs no telling if those films would be embraced like X-men and Wolverine films have been.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #748
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Did I say that MCU is not free from creative burnout, no I did not. They just have more properties than they can adapt into films. Even if the Ant-Man movie flopped or Gurdians of the Galaxy bombed, they still have Iron Man and The Avengers. But with the X-Men, if spin-off movies like Deadpool, X-Force, New Mutants flopped, the whole X-Men movie series would be affected by it.
True, but in that scenario they would be in the same exact position Fox is in right now.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #749
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I couldn't care less about what happened to Marvel Studios. I'm gonna watch every movie that they release but I'm not gonna worry if they will reach that point that the box-office numbers of their movies are declining. The movie series that I care about is X-Men.

Old 02-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #750
JP
To me

Quote:

He had a 10 second cameo in First Class, and Millar already said Wolverine isn't a part of every film they're planning.

Why are people constantly ignoring all the "expanding the universe" talk? The series is not getting rebooted, and won't be any time soon.

Closed Thread