The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 02-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #51
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Default Re: Share your wildest dreams for the Marvel Cinematic Universe

That would be an interesting premise.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #52
gkokujin
Side-Kick

I would love to see XMen turned into a SERIOUS series but only on a premium channel like HBO or Showtime.

I would want to see Fall of the Mutants, and Inferno played out on the screen or in theaters.

I would love to see Excalibur (first round team) done as a cross-time caper show...almost like SLiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
gkokujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #53
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

I want to see Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four and the X-Men all united in the Marvel Studios universe.

a Secret Wars adaptation would be great. Split up into two films, of course.

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #54
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
After Thor returns Loki to Asgard, Earth is left with a lot of cleaning up to do. New technologies arise and with them new evils. Iron Man confronts The Mandarin and many other foes. Thor would assist if only he weren't busy taking on Malekith and Kurse in the the Dark World. Captain America is also busy adjusting to the new world which is hard when adversaries from his past keep popping up, namely the Winter Soldier.

All the while, the universe is expanding. Janet Van Dyne confronts Stark about the well being of her colleague Henry Pym. Stark Industries is a major competitor in the fields of artificial intelligence and miniaturization, fields which Pym specializes in. Pym finds himself in over his head working for Advanced Idea Mechanics, run by the mysterious Arnim Zola.

Beyond the trials of Earth, a man by the name of Peter Quill and an unlikely band of heroes confront an interstellar danger, The Magus and his Universal Church of Truth. Whose faith threatens to destroy the fabric of the universe. When the threat proves too great, they must call upon the assistance of a Mad Titan. Sealing the fate of their inevitable doom.

On Earth, through a miscalculation and an unstable power source, an overwhelming evil is unleashed indirectly by Henry Pym's own hand. Together with Thor, Iron Man, Captain America and The Hulk he must assist in the defeat of his own creation, the machine known as Ultron, which has been reprogrammed to destroy The Avengers.

Soon after, he becomes Ant-Man, a hero. Though he is troubled and wracked with guilt over his failed creation. Through a series of identity crises and dangerous experiments taking him to the worlds beneath our feet, Ant-Man becomes a superhero.

After Ultron's defeat, the glowing red power source used in it's creation catches the eye of a cosmic presence...
THIS!! The most awesome synopsis for phase 2 ever. I feel like Ant-Man will bring about Ultron into the universe. Not sure if I want it before or after Thanos mostly because I want to see Thanos ravage the Avengers.

I would love for Marvel to at least get partial rights to use Fox's Marvel characters so we could get a Avengers Dissembled then House of M storyline. Have Ultron make the Vision go crazy, fight the Avengers, end up "killing" Hawkeye then Scarlett Witch goes crazy leading to House of M. Then in the MCU continue on to Civil War. While in the FoxMCU House of M leads to Decimation. "The mutant world is in shambles after SW has destroyed the powers of 99% of the mutant population and no other mutants are being born. Beast is on a mission to save the mutants while the scarce few that are left are locked up in X Mansion by the Sentinel driving force O*N*E* for their "own safety." How will the mutants deal with being on the verge of extinction find out in X-Men: Decimation or X-Men: The 198 either title." At the end of this movie they have a scene where Emma Frost is using Cerebro and in a midst of grey one red dot burst onto the screen then it fades to black.
Then that movie leads into the amazing X-Men: Second Coming. "It's been months since a mutant has registered on Cerebro. Until today." The movie opens up with the X-Men flying to Alaska and when they get there they see the destruction that has been done. Bishop would be the main villain of course. This would be the ultimate X-Men story to me.

blalex620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #55
Ant-manic
Banned User

i want a Captain Britain film involving Mad Jim Jaspers warping reality so that he's basically running the government. Otherworld's interference is basically to create their Captain Britain. and, despite being new to the job, he has to set about saving reality. the Fury would definately be in it.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:58 AM   #56
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

A Kang Dynasty film. Complete with Kang defeating the Avengers, and taking over the Earth in the second act of the film.

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:37 AM   #57
The IronMan
Side-Kick

Secret war

Old 02-27-2013, 12:28 PM   #58
Mondragon
Side-Kick

Daughters of the Dragon - http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=376347

Last edited by Mondragon; 02-27-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Mondragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #59
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

When Marvel get the rights back to X-Men, FF, and Spider-Man.. instead of Rebooting there entire MCU as to accommodate for the Mutants and FF... They have an entire Phase based on HOUSE OF M.

And at the conclusion of This Phase, All three universes (X-Men/FF, Spider-man and MCU) will all be in a MARVEL SHARED UNIVERSE....

FILMRAPS.BLOGSPOT.COM
M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:32 PM   #60
JeetKuneDo
Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFantasticJoe View Post
So, what do you guys want to see? Be it characters, stories, movie spin-offs, anything you can think of. No idea is too bizarre!
I know it will never happen, but I would like to see a Hulk movie.

It's crazy...I know. They only make Banner movies because the actor they hire has to be the "star" and dominate the narrative...but I thought it would be nice to not bore the crap out of the audience with one of the dullest characters in the Marvel universe for a change. How about making the title character the star of the movie? And of course they might want to let the guy actually talk too. Maybe the Hulk having an actual personality wouldn't hurt?

Eh...It'll never happen. They'll make another Banner movie at some point with Ruffalo and wonder why the audience is bored to tears again. "What happened? They loved the Hulk in Avengers?" Yeah...guys...that's because you had Thor, Capt America, and Iron Man in the room to keep Banner from putting everyone to sleep and giving us something when the mute Hulk is just staring at people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Well since this is a wildest dreams thread, how about a JLA Avengers team up?
Oh yeah...that would be cool too.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:54 PM   #61
kedrell
Porkchop Sandwiches!!!

As a life-long 616 Hulk fan, QFTMFT!

Banner by himself IS boring. He's supposed to be. That's what happens when you're an emotionally repressed stiff of a character. The juxtaposition of Hulk and Banner relating to and dealing with each other is the only thing that makes Banner not boring. Why this is beyond the comprehension of the people making these movies is a mystery to me.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:56 AM   #62
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeetKuneDo View Post
I know it will never happen, but I would like to see a Hulk movie.

It's crazy...I know. They only make Banner movies because the actor they hire has to be the "star" and dominate the narrative...but I thought it would be nice to not bore the crap out of the audience with one of the dullest characters in the Marvel universe for a change. How about making the title character the star of the movie? And of course they might want to let the guy actually talk too. Maybe the Hulk having an actual personality wouldn't hurt?
Are you saying Iron Man is really a Tony Stark movie? And Captain America was a Steve Rogers movie? Because Iron Man and Captain America both had as much screen time in their own movies as Hulk did in his. The problem with Hulk movies isn't the amount of time Banner is on screen, the problem is that Hulk is never given anything interesting to do other than fight.

Also, you don't have to talk (or talk a lot) to have personality. Hulk in the Avengers had plenty of personality. Caesar in Rise of the Planet of the Apes did as well. I guarantee a movie with a chatty Hulk would not go over well at all with the general audience. Not unless the dialogue is extremely carefully written. CGI characters who talk don't have a good history. Gollum, Dobby and Yoda are rare exceptions, and only because they have speech patterns and voices that make it easier to accept creatures like them talking as much as they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeetKuneDo View Post
Eh...It'll never happen. They'll make another Banner movie at some point with Ruffalo and wonder why the audience is bored to tears again. "What happened? They loved the Hulk in Avengers?" Yeah...guys...that's because you had Thor, Capt America, and Iron Man in the room to keep Banner from putting everyone to sleep and giving us something when the mute Hulk is just staring at people.
That is not the reason people loved Hulk in The Avengers at all, that's the reason you made up in your head to make sense of why people loved a portrayal that you didn't.

The actual reasons they loved him so much is because one, Banner actually WAS an interesting character in this movie thanks to Joss Whedon's writing. Don't believe me? Read any review, Mark Ruffalo was one of the most praised performances in the film. Two, because the CGI was much more well done in this movie than any previous Hulk. Hulk was actually believably there and everything he did in the movie felt very real. Three, because Hulk had a lot more personality than ever before in live action and had a lot of interesting interactions with different characters.

Don't think I'm dismissing your post, I would definitely love to see a more Hulk centered Hulk movie in the future, but I don't agree with a lot of what you said. There are many different ways to look at Hulk in film. Your vision is just one of many.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #63
JeetKuneDo
Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Are you saying Iron Man is really a Tony Stark movie? And Captain America was a Steve Rogers movie? Because Iron Man and Captain America both had as much screen time in their own movies as Hulk did in his. The problem with Hulk movies isn't the amount of time Banner is on screen, the problem is that Hulk is never given anything interesting to do other than fight.
Bad examples. Stark and Rogers are Iron Man and Cap....Banner and the Hulk are two different people.
Quote:
Also, you don't have to talk (or talk a lot) to have personality. Hulk in the Avengers had plenty of personality.
Did he really?

The problem arises when the character SHOULD be speaking and he just stands there staring at everyone. (Hulk and Betty in the cave, group around Iron Man after he fell) That's when the audience gets the feeling he's just a CGI effect instead of a real character.
Quote:
Caesar in Rise of the Planet of the Apes did as well. I guarantee a movie with a chatty Hulk would not go over well at all with the general audience.
A guarantee based on what? The fact that it's never ever been tried?
Quote:
Not unless the dialogue is extremely carefully written. CGI characters who talk don't have a good history. Gollum, Dobby and Yoda are rare exceptions, and only because they have speech patterns and voices that make it easier to accept creatures like them talking as much as they do.
Since those examples are from some of the highest grossing movies in history I think it's safe to say audiences don't have a problem with talking CGI characters. Maybe if you give the CGI character a personality, the audience won't be sitting there thinking "that's a CGI character" because nothing else is going on with him.
Quote:
That is not the reason people loved Hulk in The Avengers at all, that's the reason you made up in your head to make sense of why people loved a portrayal thatyou didn't.
We'll see. It'll be a waste of time, but if they try a solo Hulk movie with Ruffalo the audience will go right back to being bored with the Hulk and everyone will wonder what happened. That's my official prediction.
Quote:
The actual reasons they loved him so much is because one, Banner actually WAS an interesting character in this movie thanks to Joss Whedon's writing. Don't believe me? Read any review, Mark Ruffalo was one of the most praised performances in the film. Two, because the CGI was much more well done in this movie than any previous Hulk. Hulk was actually believably there and everything he did in the movie felt very real. Three, because Hulk had a lot more personality than ever before in live action and had a lot of interesting interactions with different characters.
I agree with the last point. (Same as mine) The CGI in the first movie was fine too....around the same time as Gollum and no one had a problem with him....because he wasn't a walking special effect.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:05 PM   #64
bedb

won't happen...but the Russo brothers have indicated there will be a James/Natasha relationship in the future...so yeah I'd love to see Buck and Nate do some action that will force the kiddies to stay home. Lord knows the comics have posted some gorgeous art work of our favorite Russian assassins/spies.

bedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:59 AM   #65
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Wildest Dreams?

- Epic Black Panther Trilogy
- A really awesome MCU X-Men TV series like the one detailed in my sig
- Avengers 6 ending with a Kang time traveling battle through the entire history of the MCU
- A really awesome MCU Spider-Man TV series like the X-Men one, but with Spider-Man
- Cap the clear leader of the Avengers
- A Spectrum movie, and make it a trilogy while we're at it.
- "Crystal and the Inhumans"
- Me playing some pointless role, like, I dunno, The Other Power Man (Alvarez)

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:25 AM   #66
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

I just want to see Kang the Conqueror on the Silver Screen. That would be the fulfillment of a 20 year long dream.

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
Old Yesterday, 01:26 AM   #67
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Th Eek Re: Share your wildest dreams for the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Wildest Dreams?

- Avengers 6 ending with a Kang time traveling battle through the entire history of the MCU
I think I would die and go to heaven.

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
Old Yesterday, 02:03 AM   #68
Jordacar
The Endless One

-Marvel gets the Fantastic Four rights back from Fox (hopefully sooner rather than later), and produces one FF movie each year in addition to their current slate.
-Most of the films are under 2 hours, making for a breezier series of adventures.
-The first two are shot back-to-back (imagine Star Trek ending with the teaser for Into Darkness ). First one shows the new origin, sequel is all about Doctor Doom.
-Over the course of the series the team tangles with the Skrulls, Namor, the Inhumans, the Negative Zone, the Mole Man (throw him in the origin film), with Doom popping up occasionally to mess with the Four. (Maybe Puppet Master and Psycho Man if they can squeeze him in. Ego would be totally boss.
-Also, Franklin is born somewhere in there.
-The series culminates with a Galactus movie, which teams the FF with the Avengers and pretty much everyone else under the MCU banner (who knows, maybe even Spidey and the X-Men by then. )

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Jordacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:27 AM   #69
def28
Side-Kick

- Marvel gets F4, Doom, Surfer, Galactus, Annihilation and all Deadpool (tired of waiting) related characters from Fox.
- Nova film
- Black Widow film
- Hawkeye film
- Runaways film franchise or tv show

Everything else I'm confident I'll see within the next 5-8 years with the way the MCU is going.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:52 AM   #70
Fincher
Side-Kick

My dreams for the MCU aren't that wild. I'd like to see one or more Black Widow and Runaways movies (or TV shows, but free from budget constraints and with Johansson staying in the role).

Fincher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:57 AM   #71
The.Brotherhood
Side-Kick

This THUNDERBOLTS:

The.Brotherhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:45 AM   #72
T-Ray
Side-Kick

Hmmm...

Old Marvel Monsters movies set in the 40's or 50's and directed by Guillermo Del Toro od Tim Burton.. Be it an alien invasion movie with 50's aesthetics and tone with a sprinkle of kaiju spectacle. Must have monsters: Goom (Googam for the sequel ), Orrgo, Bombu, Groot and Rommbu, and use some of older heroes as "human" stars (Human Thorch android, some of Invaders..).

On to the less wild dreams..

More adaptations of relatively lesser villains, like Blizzard, Living Laser, Melter, Whirlwind and so on.. The way they included Batroc in TWS was cool, so more of that, please.. Adaptations of less exposed but very powerful characters as villains, like High Evolutionary (ties in awesomely as the cheat for "next step in human evolution" without the need for mutants).

Include more "otherwordly" characters and threats, that are not explained by Asgardian or human science, go full lovecraftian horror (well high PG13 full lovecraftian horror, anyway.. ).. Dr. Strange movie must be made followed by some sort of Midnight Sons type of team up.

Movie with a female superhero as the main star.. But it has to destroy all the cliches associated with such movies. Some of superheroines I'd like to see adapted are Photon, Ms. Marvel/Binary/Warbird, She Hulk and Spider-Woman.

T-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM   #73
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Brotherhood View Post
This THUNDERBOLTS:

I was distracted by Elektra's ass.