The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 02-28-2013, 06:56 AM   #51
Edguy
Banned User

Default Re: Planet Hulk in Phase 3?

If not for any other reason, a film centering on the Hulk rather than Banner won't happen because of the sheer cost of animationg him. That is, unless you want a Hulk that looks significantly less good and detailed than The Avengers-Hulk.

Edguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #52
Mr.M
Side-Kick

We are talking 2016. ILM is in house now. I am sure they can scrap together a project for 250 million tops. That's staggering, but not back breaking this day and age. With any luck, the movie can easily double it's budget world wide. Again, we are assuming this is the direct followup to Avengers 2, so you got that going for it. If Hulk gets jettisoned into space, people are going to want to know what the deal is. It doesn't kill the momentum from Avengers 2. If you open PIII with Ant-Man or Black Panther, you kill the momentum.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #53
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
We are talking 2016. ILM is in house now. I am sure they can scrap together a project for 250 million tops. That's staggering, but not back breaking this day and age. With any luck, the movie can easily double it's budget world wide. Again, we are assuming this is the direct followup to Avengers 2, so you got that going for it. If Hulk gets jettisoned into space, people are going to want to know what the deal is. It doesn't kill the momentum from Avengers 2. If you open PIII with Ant-Man or Black Panther, you kill the momentum.
Ant Man is opening Phase 3, November 2015.

Anyway, Vile pointed out on the last page that Ain't it Cool News are saying Planet Hulk/WWH isn't happening, El Mayimbe got it wrong.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #54
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Didn't realize Ant-Man was official. But even so, the May movie is the big one to pay attention too. Maybe ASM 3 goes into that slot. But Marvel tends to have a big movie there. Fantastic Four? Thor 3? If Marvel/Disney want something big, it would be Hulk. I don't see an alternative.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #55
Mr. Dent

Fantastic Four comes out March 2015.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #56
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Fantastic Four comes out March 2015.
Well, if Fox ever ramps it up with that project, a summer release may be more profitable. Maybe they'd put it off a year if they can lock down a solid release date. What's coming in in 2015 in terms of comic book movies aside from that an Avengers? I don't know anything scheduled for later that year off the top of my head. Star Wars 7 Memorial Day and Pirates 5 around July, but nothing else rings a bell. I don't buy Justice League or MoS 2 making that year. That's why we need a ****ing Planet Hulk movie.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #57
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Well, if Fox ever ramps it up with that project, a summer release may be more profitable. Maybe they'd put it off a year if they can lock down a solid release date. What's coming in in 2015 in terms of comic book movies aside from that an Avengers? I don't know anything scheduled for later that year off the top of my head. Star Wars 7 Memorial Day and Pirates 5 around July, but nothing else rings a bell. I don't buy Justice League or MoS 2 making that year. That's why we need a ****ing Planet Hulk movie.
possibly. That all depends IF hulk actually gets sent away in avengers 2. Which I sorta doubt. Also, as Dent said before, phase 3 won't be Hulk centered. Avengers 3 will not be world war hulk. It will probably just be a small part, factoring into a bigger story. Antman is the start to phase 3. Ultron will more than likely be the MAIN villain in phase 3, for avengers 3. In an avengers franchise, Ultron is WAY more important for an avengers movie than WWH. With antman kicking off phase 3, bet my ass that Ultron will be the main villain. If there is a planet hulk/wwh part to it, it will probably only be a small role. And I bet it will have to do with Ultron somehow tricking people into getting Hulk into space. Hulk doesn't know about it, he returns pissed off at the people who sent him away, attacks. Battle. He learns it was Ultron. Ultron plot continues.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #58
Mr.M
Side-Kick

So Ultron following Thanos? That's kind of a step down don't ya think? Anyone other villain that can supplement a void like Thanos should he be the main villain in A2? Don't think so. Masters of Evil might be a safer pick, but considering it may take place in space, probably not.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #59
kedrell
Aacha,cha,cha&InkaDinkaDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
What movies are you watching? Hulk had tons of personality in both movies.
Without dialog? He's still just a big SFX blob? Body language can only get you so far and it's an incredibly poor substitute for being able to actually speak.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:20 PM   #60
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
Ant Man is opening Phase 3, November 2015.

Anyway, Vile pointed out on the last page that Ain't it Cool News are saying Planet Hulk/WWH isn't happening, El Mayimbe got it wrong.
El Mayimbe maintains its real, so believe what you want .

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #61
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Well Whedon just shot it down. How much longer before Nolan debunks LR's report of him helming every DC film, Snyder doing JLA, and Christian Bale returning as Batman?

LR used to be really reputable. They're really letting us down.

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #62
Mr. Dent

not that I'm defending LR but it seems like IGN asked the wrong question to me.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #63
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Once again, ban hammer to El Mayimbe.

- CM Punk
Old 03-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #64
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Without dialog? He's still just a big SFX blob? Body language can only get you so far and it's an incredibly poor substitute for being able to actually speak.
You don't need dialogue to have personality, which he proved in The Avengers and Incredible Hulk. Also, refer to King Kong, Tom and Jerry, and Silent Bob as more examples. There are more silent characters out there which prove my point as well.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #65
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Dumbo
Dopey
The Tramp
Jason Voorhees
etc.

Son of Coul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #66
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Dumbo
Dopey
The Tramp
Jason Voorhees
etc.

Yep, yep, yep and yep.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #67
flickchick85
Loose Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid-Man View Post
LR used to be really reputable. They're really letting us down.
El Mayimbe is letting us down. This seems like a good time to point out that the most recent IM3 trailer appears to have proven every single scoop Latino Review had about that movie last year to be correct, except for the Stan Lee cameo, which remains to be seen.

Latino Review's IM3 Exclusives from last year:

-Return of the Ten Rings
-Extremis
-Kingsley is the Mandarin (which Marvel was denying at the time), but that he is really 2nd fiddle to Killian.
-Tony Stark fighting the Mandarin with an army of unmanned suits.
-The "Iron Patriot" really being War Machine decked out.
-Stan's cameo as a beauty pageant judge.

All essentially confirmed by the new trailer except the blacked out stuff, and one of those was pretty much confirmed in an interview with James Badge Dale.

Also, the AICN scoop about Nova further validates what LR first reported when they broke the scoop about GotG in the first place:

Quote:
Four: Nova. Expect Nova.
http://latino-review.com/2012/06/28/...ovie-revealed/

All of those exclusives were reported by Da7e at LR, who has proven himself quite consistently to be a reputable source. El Mayimbe, less so. But I think it's silly to write off the whole site's credibility - when they've continually provided more accurate Marvel scoops than anyone - because one obnoxious guy there has a hit-and-miss track record.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:25 AM   #68
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
El Mayimbe is letting us down. This seems like a good time to point out that the most recent IM3 trailer appears to have proven every single scoop Latino Review had about that movie last year to be correct, except for the Stan Lee cameo, which remains to be seen.

-Return of the Ten Rings
-Extremis
-Kingsley is the Mandarin (which Marvel was denying at the time), but that he is really 2nd fiddle to Killian.

All essentially confirmed by the new trailer except the blacked out stuff, and one of those was pretty much confirmed in an interview with James Badge Dale.

Also, the AICN scoop about Nova further validates what LR first reported when they broke the scoop about GotG in the first place:

All of those exclusives were reported by Da7e at LR, who has proven himself quite consistently to be a reputable source. El Mayimbe, less so. But I think it's silly to write off the whole site's credibility - when they've continually provided more accurate Marvel scoops than anyone - because one obnoxious guy there has a hit-and-miss track record.
Thanks for all of that - I actually didn't know about this stuff!

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:36 AM   #69
kedrell
Aacha,cha,cha&InkaDinkaDo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
You don't need dialogue to have personality, which he proved in The Avengers and Incredible Hulk. Also, refer to King Kong, Tom and Jerry, and Silent Bob as more examples. There are more silent characters out there which prove my point as well.

I didn't say you couldn't have personality without dialog. I said doing so was a poor substitute FOR having dialog. And in Hulk's case, completely inaccurate to the source material which is rendered far superior as a result.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:44 AM   #70
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
I didn't say you couldn't have personality without dialog. I said doing so was a poor substitute FOR having dialog. And in Hulk's case, completely inaccurate to the source material which is rendered far superior as a result.

It wouldn't be a poor substitute for having dialog if it hasn't been poorly explained at this point. I do see Hulk eventually talking in future movies, but to say he'd be akin to big green blob if he were left silent is an exaggeration, to say the least.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #71
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post

-Return of the Ten Rings
-Extremis

I am writing off the whole site's credibility after El Mayimbe trolled SHH with hot garbage.

- CM Punk
Old 03-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #72
Juicy J
Side-Kick

After he reported that Bale and Nolan will return for JL, it's hard to take anything he says seriously. There's no way that's ever going to happen.
I also smelled a heaping pile of BS about this planet hulk thing from the beginning. I'm not sure if it was El Mayimbe that reported it or someone else at LR, but it makes zero sense for Marvel to integrate the planet hulk storyline this early in the game. The Hulk proved his use as a good guy in the Avengers and the TIH; why would they choose to send him off planet? I get that maybe they'd do something in phase 2 that could potentially lead to that, but even then I think it's to early in the game for a story of that magnitude.
There are plenty of better stories where you could keep the Hulk on earth they could tell in phase 3. I doubt Marvel would want to tell that particular tale so soon.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #73
Robin91939
Master Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
I posted this in another thread... I'm just going to throw it in here as well:

I don't believe this guy.

In 2009, I worked for Marvel in the Editorial department in New York City.

Yes, some people from the Film Studio come into the office... But it's mostly to meet important editors (like Wacker, Brevoort, Rosemann, or Axel at the time), glad-hand, take a tour or pick up research. I met Justin Theroux and Scarlett Johansson during the time leading up to Iron Man 2. However, there are very little if any production materials for the films in those offices. That's just a fact.

So knowing that... I find it very hard to believe that this cat found a detailed outline of Avengers 2, Incredible Hulk 2 and Avengers 3... Like he's claiming to know what act of the films certain things happen... This is the COMIC BOOK production office... Not the film studio in Manhattan Beach, CA. This is highly suspect. The New York Office has a Legal, Marketing, Editorial, Publishing, Merchandise and Sales department... All solely related to the COMICS, not the FILMS.

There are some moquettes and movie theater standees and things like that around the office, but at the time I worked there, these were only of films ALREADY released (Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk) and not of films in production.

PLUS, when you sign to work for Marvel, you sign a non-disclosure agreement. And they were very good with security in the building. (NOTE: When I worked there it was located in the old office on 5th Avenue). But I'd imagine the security is the same. This guy, couldn't just walk in and snoop around. You need to be buzzed in, get a guest pass and you have a chaperone with you when you tour the office. If there is something they don't want you to see (ie. their plans for Phase 2 &3) you are not going to see it.

If he said that he knew what was happening in the comics 6-7-8 months from now... I'd believe him. That **** is pinned up all over the walls... But MOVIE news? At the Marvel Offices in New York City.... No. Just not true.

-R
^

Why did no one trust or believe me a month ago?

-R

Old 03-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #74
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Because, as explained then, he didn't claim to get the info from that specific Marvel office. He just filmed his scoop there to "taunt" Marvel for trying to keep a lid on it.

Son of Coul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #75
Robin91939
Master Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Because, as explained then, he didn't claim to get the info from that specific Marvel office. He just filmed his scoop there to "taunt" Marvel for trying to keep a lid on it.
That is not the case. In the written article, before the video, he states that he got the information from within the Marvel Offices.

"I followed that poodle’s scent back to it’s territory from which it came. It lead to Marvel’s offices here in New York City." - Original Article.

He followed the trail back to the Marvel Offices in Manhattan. He is saying that while digging for a scoop -- where he found it -- was in those offices in Manhattan.

And I told you it was a lie a month ago.

What more vindication do I need?

-R

Last edited by Robin91939; 03-07-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Robin91939 is offline   Reply With Quote