The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #776
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,759
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

So being a lawyer doesn't make one an expert on how to grow an economy or make a budget? That is news to me.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 02-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #777
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,160
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Well...is the economy picking up?


http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/28...fewer-layoffs/


Quote:
The number of Americans seeking unemployment aid fell 22,000 last week to a seasonally adjusted 344,000, evidence that the job market may be picking up.

The four-week average of applications dropped 6,750 to 355,000, the Labor Department said Thursday.



Of course gas prices are going up now. And Obamacare takes full effect in 2014, right? Hmmm...perfect storm? Don't forget about Fed Reserve.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline  
Old 02-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #778
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Or could the drop off just be because people have run out of unemployment because they still can't find a job?

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 02-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #779
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,160
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Or could the drop off just be because people have run out of unemployment because they still can't find a job?

Perhaps.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline  
Old 02-28-2013, 09:24 PM   #780
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,079
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
Well...is the economy picking up?


http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/28...fewer-layoffs/



[/COLOR][/LEFT]


Of course gas prices are going up now. And Obamacare takes full effect in 2014, right? Hmmm...perfect storm? Don't forget about Fed Reserve.
I don't believe we see all of Obamacare through until 2016. We have more great surprises to come. : )

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God' Maya Angelou
Kelly is offline  
Old 02-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #781
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,759
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

If you didn't think a politician could get any dumber, you have Maxine Waters saying sequestration could cost the nation 170 million jobs. Funny thing is, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were only 140 million jobs currently in the US, as of January 1st, 2013. No wonder the government is in such an economic mess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=u8-d95SO_3g

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 02-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #782
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Mortalville!
Posts: 28,160
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I don't believe we see all of Obamacare through until 2016. We have more great surprises to come. : )

I ready the pop corn bowls then for this surprise.

__________________

enterthemadness is offline  
Old 02-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #783
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Maybe it's about time we started electing some, I don't know...economists?!

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 01:22 AM   #784
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider
 
Venom'sDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,995
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Yes it is noteworthy....it shows how politicians conveniently throw out arbitrary numbers & BS to a dumb-down, apathetic public who believe anything members of their political affiliation tell them.

__________________
___________________________________
Foxx-Electro * Giamatti-Rhino * DeHaan-ProtoGoblin
My JL Trailer * The Unholy Trinity of Venom * The Sinister 6
Venom'sDad is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 01:25 AM   #785
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,759
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom'sDad View Post
Yes it is noteworthy....it shows how politicians conveniently throw out arbitrary numbers & BS to a dumb-down, apathetic public who believe anything members of their political affiliation tell them.
Also shows that people keep electing the same people, no matter what stupid things they say. Our electorate has gotten so lazy that it doesn't weed out enough people who shouldn't be in Congress anymore.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #786
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,556
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1974 View Post
And....I'm not a racist. I work with many people of various ethnic backgrounds. have been for over 20 years. But I will say I have a friend who's black,and you absolutely CANNOT talk to him about anything Obama has don wrong. Nothing. It's always the Republicans fault. Even bringing up the sequester situation,it's not Obama's fault. The GOP wanted this,and they're "Changing newspaper articles online" to make it seem like Obama came up with the idea.

And people wonder why this country is headed down the toilet. Facts don't matter. All that matters is supporting Obama cause he's the same color as you. Now multiply that by millions,and you see why he and his administration is so arrogant.
That's why having a two party system is so broken. A government seperated will always fall.

__________________
Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Destructus86 is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #787
mclay18
Sexed-up archery
 
mclay18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,046
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post

It absolutely blows my mind that all of these agencies crying about not having enough money to do this or that if they are cut people will die....lol, makes me laugh...
Yeah. The CS Monitor's DC Decoder says that the sequester isn't apocalyptic, but it will force agencies to tighten their belts and their wallets.

__________________
Think McFly Think


"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #788
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

We're spending $3.8 trillion this year. With a $900 billion deficit.

This is, what, $85 billion in cuts? Which is only 2.2% of the budget, and less than 10% of the deficit.

The people and agencies will adapt. This isn't a mega-crisis like the media and politicians hype it up to be. This is a bunch of events agencies will adapt to that range from inconvenient to challenging. But, in all honesty, it's a drop in the bucket.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.

Last edited by wiegeabo; 03-01-2013 at 05:54 PM.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #789
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Not only that, these cuts will be rolled out over several months. So it's not like the government is shutting down tomorrow. At most, it's going to slow down, despite what a lot of people are trying to claim through hype and fear.

One example of the hype I heard is that the sequester would close the national parks.

...how do you close a park? Will be people suddenly not be able to get out of their cars and walk through the forest for some reason?

It just means the parks won't be patrolled. Yeah it's a bit more dangerous, but it's not going to be all that different. And the roughing it crowd will probably love it since it will be all 'hardcore'!

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 12:53 PM   #790
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,759
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
We're spending $3.8 trillion this year. With a $900 billion deficit.

This is, what, $85 billion in cuts? Which is only 0.22% of the budget, and less than 10% of the deficit.

The people and agencies will adapt. This isn't a mega-crisis like the media and politicians hype it up to be. This is a bunch of events agencies will adapt to that range from inconvenient to challenging. But, in all honesty, it's a drop in the bucket.
This is basically a long overdue budget cut that probably doesn't go as far as it needs. Sometimes government agencies grows so large that they could probably stand to lay off some people and cut some projects it wants without seeing much difference in its ability to accomplish its intended purpose/goals, yet save money in the process. It sucks to lay people off during a recession, but sometimes it has to be done, especially with the deficits at hand.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #791
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,290
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

That's not always true. Especially not with an unsustainable deficit that continues to devalue the dollar, making it even harder for the economy to recover.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 01:34 PM   #792
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,556
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

I promise you our government will spend double that next year.

__________________
Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Destructus86 is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #793
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,079
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubricklynch View Post
http://inflationdata.com/inflation/I...Inflation.aspx

Doesn't seem like inflation is that bad under Obama to me, compared to historical rates.

Well, when you haven't had a raise in 3 years, and your insurance has gone up all 3 years...then we will talk about how the inflation looks compared to histoical rates...

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God' Maya Angelou
Kelly is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #794
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator
 
Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 58,079
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Yeah. The CS Monitor's DC Decoder says that the sequester isn't apocalyptic, but it will force agencies to tighten their belts and their wallets.
Yeah, considering it is about 2% of the "growth" not 2% of the budget...

And, my hope is that it makes them tighten their belts....

__________________
'Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God' Maya Angelou
Kelly is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #795
Burgundy LaRue
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 375
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1974 View Post
And....I'm not a racist. I work with many people of various ethnic backgrounds. have been for over 20 years. But I will say I have a friend who's black.
If you have to say it, then understand why someone may not believe it.

Burgundy LaRue is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #796
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!
 
mikey1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

I mean it in the respect of being a white man who's criticizing Obama. therefore the kneejerk reaction is I MUST be racist! after all, only racists and terrorists disagree with Obama!

__________________
"I'm a Professional Crime Fighter!"
mikey1974 is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 02:14 PM   #797
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,759
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1974 View Post
I mean it in the respect of being a white man who's criticizing Obama. therefore the kneejerk reaction is I MUST be racist! after all, only racists and terrorists disagree with Obama!
Back when Bush was President, you were being patriotic for criticizing him. Under Obama, criticizing him means you're racist and unpatriotic. Funny how that is.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #798
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,088
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Back when Bush was President, you were being patriotic for criticizing him. Under Obama, criticizing him means you're racist and unpatriotic. Funny how that is.
Actually according to Fox News and other right wing news media putting down Bush or not agreeing with Bush made you unpatriotic and a borderline terrorist. Other general terms for not agreeing with how the extreme right thinks is socialist, communist, "don't understand America", etc

SV Fan is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #799
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!
 
mikey1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

true. you guys don't know me at all.it's just my word. guess I'm trying to say I don't dislike Obama because he's black. I dislike him because I believed in his promises in hope and change,and instead all we have is a more divided government than ever, a deficit out of control, a stalled economy,and a health care law that not very many are enthusiastic about.

and it just disturbs me a bit that I know many people of color who openly say they voted again for Obama not because they agree with his policies,or the way he's running this country, or even like his personality. they voted for him because he is a man of color,and that's all.

__________________
"I'm a Professional Crime Fighter!"
mikey1974 is offline  
Old 03-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #800
Burgundy LaRue
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 375
Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Back when Bush was President, you were being patriotic for criticizing him. Under Obama, criticizing him means you're racist and unpatriotic. Funny how that is.
I thought criticizing Bush made you a terrorist lover and hating Obama means you hate communism, which is super American and vital to our country's core values?

I'm confused.

Burgundy LaRue is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.