The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #551
josh8
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

OMG this garbage story isn't worth discussing. THIS IS WHY PEOPLE HATE US.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #552
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
The biggest problem if there ever was one is Jackman. Looks like he is going to be the main muscle of the team. Who else can provide that? Beast is about brains, Magneto is about using his magic. Think it takes some action scenes potentially away from Mystique, because she can get her hands dirty.

Honestly did not expect Jackman to be a time traveler. Thought it would be Kitty or Rogue, or someone minor. It surprises me that Wolverine would be featured in the future and past, especially coming off The Wolverine
Thats not confirmed. But remember, Jackman is one of the few characters who exist in both decades. It does make sense that he would show up in both times regardless how fans feel about his screen time.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #553
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
With all the actors they're bringing back, absolutely. That's why I'm not knocking Lawrence on this. Whatsoever.

Her stock sky-rocketed post Hunger Games (She is a household name) and now with Silver Linings Playbook (both being a hit and making her an Oscar-winner) she is unstoppable. And yet she was contractually bound to return for Days of Future Past and they're not even planning on heavily utilizing her to boot.

I'd be frustrated too.
Agreed. They should have never optioned her contract if they didn't want to use the character more. She is the star of a massive franchise. This isn't like Emma Stone in Spider-Man or Halle Berry in James Bond, Lawrence is the above the title lead in The Hunger Games not a girlfriend who needs saving. I too would like her role to be better written in Days of Future Past.

And I will be pissed if they are shafting Fassbender because he was the best thing about the last film.

Also I thought Berry's complaints about Storm were on the mark. It's obvious that Singer doesn't care for that character or Cyclops.

The Lego Movie: 8.5/10-RoboCop 6.5/10-Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5/10

I SUPPORT GIVING BATFLECK A CHANCE.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 03-01-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #554
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

I want her role to be well written, but not be a huge part of the story. I don't care who's playing her, she's Mystique, and I want an X-men movie, you know, with actual X-men. She joined Magneto at the end of First Class. The only story left to tell is how she became the deadly killer in the original trilogy, which doesn't need to take up too much time.

Not that I believe any of this crap. All roles should be modest. I don't want to see too much Wolverine, Magneto, Rogue, etc. either. It's an ensemble.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #555
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Thats not confirmed. But remember, Jackman is one of the few characters who exist in both decades. It does make sense that he would show up in both times regardless how fans feel about his screen time.
Yeah but what the hell is he gonna do in 1973? Isn't there already another Wolverine running around in 'Nam? At least we won't have to worry about getting a Double Impact situation with two Wolverines in there, IF that's the case.

Seems kind of excessive. Unless the whole story revolves around Wolverine setting the future events in order, thereby saving the X-Men. Hopefully never joining the X-Men again in the future. Why would I want that either?

But it aligns with Rogue and Wolverine. If they go back, then they never meet the X-Men in the original, and the mutant war and eventual Sentinels never happen. I don't think it's coincidence if those are the two mutants. Especially when Kitty made sense due to her ability to go through a wormhole or some device without the audiences rolling their eyes a little wider. Plus the fact that she's featured in the comic.

Last edited by Mr.M; 03-01-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #556
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
OMG this garbage story isn't worth discussing. THIS IS WHY PEOPLE HATE US.
Eh, it's not at bad as the Shailene Woodley crap on the ASM board right now.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #557
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah but what the hell is he gonna do in 1973? Isn't there already another Wolverine running around in 'Nam? At least we won't have to worry about getting a Double Impact situation with two Wolverines in there, IF that's the case.
Probably try and stop a future that will lead to all their deaths and imprisonment haha. Hes way more useful then Rogue or any other X Men at this point in the film series.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #558
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
I want her role to be well written, but not be a huge part of the story. I don't care who's playing her, she's Mystique, and I want an X-men movie, you know, with actual X-men. She joined Magneto at the end of First Class. The only story left to tell is how she became the deadly killer in the original trilogy, which doesn't need to take up too much time.

Not that I believe any of this crap. All roles should be modest. I don't want to see too much Wolverine, Magneto, Rogue, etc. either. It's an ensemble.
If you think that the proven star of the franchise Wolverine is not going to have a huge amount of screentime you haven't watched the X-films.

I don't blame Fox for making Wolverine the star because the public loves Wolverine, Fox loves Wolverine and Singer loves Wolverine. They have built Wolverine up so much, I wonder if an X-film can be a huge hit without him.

The Lego Movie: 8.5/10-RoboCop 6.5/10-Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5/10

Old 03-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #559
Angamb
Banned User

that "the world loves Wolverine" could be right

but at the same time we can say The world isnt happy with the x-men movies.

Why? well, it has to do with Wolverine curiously.

Even Wolverine fans dont like how he is the star of the movie. Thats why Fox should repeat the same mistake. The other x-men Needs better roles, not exactly lead roles, but at least some more minutes.

The day they do that, most fans of the x-men universe will be finally happy with the franchise, because each famous x-man will shine, with more or less screentime than the others, but will shine.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #560
def28
Side-Kick

Using Logan still makes the most sense to me given his background, being around in both decades and his importance to the franchise. Id still prefer to have Kitty as the traveler. Think everyone has a preference, but Kitty would probably be a good call and throw back to the book. If its Rogue I wont be happy haha.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #561
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

You guys act like First Class never existed.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #562
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I love First Class and have the DVD in my bedroom. I remember it just fine.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #563
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Yeah well is she coming back for something like that? To get killed off in the first 15 minutes? I think she is the actress that would take less money for an important role, and more money if it's a throw away role where Storm is like, "Hey everybody, it's ME!!! And now I'm dead." Then all the Storm fans who paid top dollar expecting to see her featured are pissed. We've seen stranger things happen before.

The biggest problem if there ever was one is Jackman. Looks like he is going to be the main muscle of the team. Who else can provide that? Beast is about brains, Magneto is about using his magic. Think it takes some action scenes potentially away from Mystique, because she can get her hands dirty.

Honestly did not expect Jackman to be a time traveler. Thought it would be Kitty or Rogue, or someone minor. It surprises me that Wolverine would be featured in the future and past, especially coming off The Wolverine
I'm a big fan of Storm but wouldn't expect the character to be a dominant player in this film.

We don't even yet have confirmation she is in the film.

Chat to me on Twitter @ TheGeekFiles
Old 03-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #564
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
that "the world loves Wolverine" could be right

but at the same time we can say The world isnt happy with the x-men movies.

Why? well, it has to do with Wolverine curiously.

Even Wolverine fans dont like how he is the star of the movie. Thats why Fox should repeat the same mistake. The other x-men Needs better roles, not exactly lead roles, but at least some more minutes.
FC didnt have Logan in a main or supporting role, so Im guessing you want the OT crew without Logan or it doesnt count haha. That has to be set up a little better given the story they are working on right now. Things wont be the same aftrer this film.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #565
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I think Wolverine's mind should get sent back. Consciousness time-travel, not physical time-travel.

This way there's no two Wolverines issue. (though having another Wolverine out in the wild that we don't see yet gives them a chance of bringing Wolvy back, perhaps with a different actor when Jackman is done)

I think he should get sent back to 1930, before all the events of First Class, so that the butterfly and the delicate nature of time-travel can account for all the differences between FC and the original movies, including Scott, Havoc, Jean, Emma Frost, Moira, etc all being born much earlier.

The caveat with time-travel is that it will slowly degrade his mind; something that even he can't heal from, bringing an end to the character once and for all. A fitting end I'd say. Sacrificing his own 'survival' (which his mutation made him the best at; his blessing/curse) for the survival of the human/mutant species.

And despite these lengthy thoughts, I still think he should be a side character, ala Spock in 2009 Star Trek.
Xavier or the younger (re-cast) Scott should be the lead, and the franchise should continue in the 70's.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 03-01-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #566
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
FC didnt have Logan in a main or supporting role, so Im guessing you want the OT crew without Logan or it doesnt count haha. That has to be set up a little better given the story they are working on right now. Things wont be the same aftrer this film.
no no, I dont mind Wolverine being with the other x-men, its just that too much screentime for Logan means poorer roles for the rest, and as we have seen all these years, x-men fans dont want poor roles for the other x-men, so something has to change.

'50 minutes to Logan, 5 for each one of the other x-men' Formula doesnt work.

So a better ballance would be a smart choice.

I wouldnt be that mad with 25 minutes to Logan and 10 for each one of the other x-men, u know? Is it too much to ask for?

Old 03-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #567
def28
Side-Kick

I agree with that I think Prof X and Magneto have been pretty big scene stealers themselves though tbh. Not that I didnt like FC, its my favorite X flick but they still focus on those 3 most the time.

Given where Logan is placed in this story with the info we have, it does make sense that he would have more screen time in this film then some of the OT X Men though.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #568
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

With Singer back I expect the movie to mostly star Logan.

I hope I'm wrong but that's what I expect. Money talks afterall.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #569
JP
Flame On

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
With Singer back I expect the movie to mostly star Logan.

I hope I'm wrong but that's what I expect. Money talks afterall.
Yes, as we all know, Singers original draft of First Class starred Logan. It wasn't until Vaughn came alone that he cut the character.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #570
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Yes, as we all know, Singers original draft of First Class starred Logan. It wasn't until Vaughn came alone that he cut the character.
It's all about Wolverine bro. He prints the cash alone and everybody else stinks up the box office. The franchise should have been called Wolverine and the X-Men. Or just Wolverine: And Mutants Nobody Gives a **** About.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #571
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Arrow Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
If you think that the proven star of the franchise Wolverine is not going to have a huge amount of screentime you haven't watched the X-films.

I don't blame Fox for making Wolverine the star because the public loves Wolverine, Fox loves Wolverine and Singer loves Wolverine. They have built Wolverine up so much, I wonder if an X-film can be a huge hit without him.
It wouldn't be a huge film without Wolverine.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #572
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Since we haven't seen the movie yet and have no one to blame for the problems yet....how about we all climb off the ledge and settle down? Some of you are acting like this movie already happened.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #573
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Well, at least we aren't talking about the Star magazine article anymore.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #574
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Only one X-Men related film didn't star Wolverine. We will see if Days of Future Past is the second one.
I don't have much faith but maybe Singer and Fox will surprise me.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #575
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Umm... Hugh Jackman was cast so...

Closed Thread