The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 11:18 PM   #476
Doc Ock
10 years ago...

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
It's a shame we never got a proper Lizard which I am certain Sam Raimi would have given us...and then we got a Lizard that just seemed like a very "meh" villain.
Meh indeed, I thought the Lizard was okay. But the Lizard actually being my favorite Spidey villain (Doc Ock taking second place in comics, first place in the movies) I was so excited to finally get him on the big screen. But I was sadden by the lack of snout and labcoat. I did enjoy the short scene were he did have the labcoat on.

Maybe I'm biased but I believe Raimi would of given us the lab coat snout wearing Lizard I love. Thats isn't a creeper too!

Old 02-28-2013, 11:54 PM   #477
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
Am I the only one that would have liked the franchise to continue with Maguire/Dunst while Raimi produced?
I was really looking forward to them completing the six movie deal that Sony had originally planned for the character.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:47 AM   #478
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Lizard had the misfortune of being in an origin film where the Superhero takes precedence and time actually to gradually become it. Let's see what Webb does with the Goblin, now that he is building him up with three films. I wonder how Zod will be incorporated in MOS.
Of course the villain always takes a back seat in an origin film(unless the first film isn't an origin, such as Batman '89 who was very respectful with Joker), but so much was still lacking with Lizard that could have been used and was even hinted with deleted scenes such as his son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Meh indeed, I thought the Lizard was okay. But the Lizard actually being my favorite Spidey villain (Doc Ock taking second place in comics, first place in the movies) I was so excited to finally get him on the big screen. But I was sadden by the lack of snout and labcoat. I did enjoy the short scene were he did have the labcoat on.

Maybe I'm biased but I believe Raimi would of given us the lab coat snout wearing Lizard I love. Thats isn't a creeper too!
I would at least hope Raimi's Lizard would have the lab coat and the snout, but I can't say it would certainly have had that, lol. But when Webb used the labcoat, I got that it was only fan service and what not, but it really made no sense when you think about it. Connors has the lab coat on three times when he takes the serum, but it shows the coat being on him only twice; doesn't become quite good fan service continuity, lol.

And...you may know more about the reason I even hate Spider-Man 3 and close to hate TAS-M; Venom is my favorite Spidey villain and Lizard is even my second favorite Spidey villain.

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 03-01-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:08 AM   #479
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

B89, respectful of the joker, maybe. It wasn't very respectful of its title character though.

There is. No. Pepe Silvia.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:15 AM   #480
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Well, yah...I wasn't gonna go there, though

Old 03-01-2013, 06:10 AM   #481
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Oh you can bet Raimi's Lizard would have been awesome. The character seems tailor-made for Raimi's style of films, and I bet they would have gone all out on the visuals. Not a fan of the look or characterisation of him in ASM.

I was always confused that the character was never seriously considered for SM4, what with Connors being introduced so early on. Lizard/Kraven was such an obvious pairing also. I wonder if Lizard was always the planned reboot villain and that's why he was off the table for SM4.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #482
Leenie
Make Up!

The Lizard I got in The Amazing Spider-Man was far from satisfactory, in my opinion. The movie couldn't even handle the characterization of ONE villain, and I'm hearing there's going to be at least three in ASM2 (although I do enjoy the choice of Chris Cooper as The Green Goblin). Anyway! I digress.

I would have loved to have seen Sam Raimi's take on Lizard, but it just wasn't meant to be, I suppose. As many here have already said, Lizard just seemed like he would have been a great fit for Raimi's style. Also, I bet we would have gotten a lizard that didn't look so much like a cross between the 1998 Godzilla and a Goomba from the Super Mario live action movie. :P

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
(10) Captain America: The First Avenger
Old 03-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #483
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Yah, I feel TAS-M 2 could easily go down the same path as S-M 3 went.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #484
DX
YES! YES! YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post
The Lizard I got in The Amazing Spider-Man was far from satisfactory, in my opinion. The movie couldn't even handle the characterization of ONE villain, and I'm hearing there's going to be at least three in ASM2 (although I do enjoy the choice of Chris Cooper as The Green Goblin). Anyway! I digress.

I would have loved to have seen Sam Raimi's take on Lizard, but it just wasn't meant to be, I suppose. As many here have already said, Lizard just seemed like he would have been a great fit for Raimi's style. Also, I bet we would have gotten a lizard that didn't look so much like a cross between the 1998 Godzilla and a Goomba from the Super Mario live action movie. :P
See, I was thinking he looked like what happens when a Goomba has sex with Lord Voldemort but I guess that works too.

SM1: 8.5/10
SM2: 9.5/10
SM3: 6.5/10
TASM: 4/10
TASM2: lol/10
Old 03-02-2013, 12:22 PM   #485
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I think the only issue Raimi would have had with Lizard is seperating it enough from his take on Doc Ock. Still plenty of interesting things to do with the character though, and it's a damn shame we never saw it. Lizard's character in ASM was thinner than Goblin in the original, and managed to look about as bad as well. Epic fail.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #486
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Raimi would've made it work. Connors isn't going to lose his wife to any experiment and he also has a son.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #487
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Raimi made a balls up with Connors by saying he was a physicist and not a biologist. Connors is a biologist, that's how he's able to mess around with Lizard and human DNA.

- The Joker
Old 03-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #488
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Raimi made a balls up with Connors by saying he was a physicist and not a biologist. Connors is a biologist, that's how he's able to mess around with Lizard and human DNA.
Exactly why I thought he won't make a good Lizard in Raimi films

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
Proud member of H.E
I still respect members of T.H.E.M, no bad feelings toward any of them.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #489
Dragon
No Way as Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
While I agree, there is the possibility that Raimi could've played it as Connors outside of his realm being the very reason why the regeneration experiment goes wrong.

Kung-Fu, 1972
Old 03-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #490
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
While I agree, there is the possibility that Raimi could've played it as Connors outside of his realm being the very reason why the regeneration experiment goes wrong.
Yeah I was gonna say exactly this. We see that Connors is capable enough when he studies the symbiote, and it's really not a huge stretch to think a physicist would dabble with biology (especially when he's destined to get it wrong).

Old 03-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #491
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
It was definitely a stupid choice to hear during the time of Spider-Man 3, but I immediately thought of this same idea.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #492
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Exactly why I thought he won't make a good Lizard in Raimi films
Would be better than the stupid, derpy Goomba-looking piece of **** we got in Amazing Spider-Man I'm sure.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:48 AM   #493
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Yeah I was gonna say exactly this. We see that Connors is capable enough when he studies the symbiote, and it's really not a huge stretch to think a physicist would dabble with biology (especially when he's destined to get it wrong).
Connors findings are things Peter could figure himself, pretty basic stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead731 View Post
Would be better than the stupid, derpy Goomba-looking piece of **** we got in Amazing Spider-Man I'm sure.
I like the movie Lizard
And tested the snout theory on my mouth, think they were on to something

~*SHH SIX*~
Proud member of H.E

Old 03-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #494
ImAlwaysAngry
Side-Kick

The problem with ASM's Lizard wasn't really the look, though it wasn't perfect; it was the way they cut out all Connors' scenes with his family, the scene where Irrfan Khan confronts him in the sewer, and the bit where he turned regular people into lizard creatures in the finale.

Essentially they chopped out (noticeably) his humanity, intimidation, and an action stakes-upper. You know: all the things that make a good villain.

I don't know how well Raimi would've done, but I think he at least wouldn't have been without those three components.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #495
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

I hope for an extended cut of the Amazing Spider-Man

~*SHH SIX*~
Proud member of H.E

Old 03-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #496
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
True, but that would be really silly if someone who is not an expert in the field they're messing with starts testing themselves with it.

At least Norman was a Doctor of what he was doing with the performance enhancers, and Octavius was a Doctor of Physics. They at least thought they knew what they were doing in a field they were experts in. If a physicist starts messing with Lizard DNA and using themselves as a test subject, then it's sheer stupidity lol.

- The Joker
Old 03-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #497
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

I don't know how much to blame Raimi for the script they wrote:

Story by: Alfred Gough. Miles Millar. Michael Chabon
Screenplay: Alvin Sargent

He and Peter discussed fusion and Doctor Octavius in SM2, Connors was definitely a physics professor

~*SHH SIX*~
Proud member of H.E

Old 03-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #498
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I confess, I wouldn't have even known the difference.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #499
roach
I am the night

he can't be a biologist moonlighting as a physics teacher???

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 03-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #500
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

A biologist might do that with something basic, nothing deep

~*SHH SIX*~
Proud member of H.E

Closed Thread