The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 02-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #451
SUPARNOVAX
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters: Official Discussion - Part 7

Hot Toys has one in the works but it's the TDKR version of the armoy.

SUPARNOVAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:20 PM   #452
ManInTheNarrows
Banned User

So i spotted this "exclusive" this morning at my local AZ toys r us.

Looks like the proposed exclusive toys r us MM vehicle line may not be so Movie Master friendly which i figured would be the case.

Unless Mattel has a Movie Master size/accurate Tumbler that they they can pull out of their collective sphincter then..........i'm guessing we will just be seeing a bunch of repackaged re-releases like this unfortunately.

ManInTheNarrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #453
thuhgostrydur
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheNarrows View Post
So i spotted this "exclusive" this morning at my local AZ toys r us.

Looks like the proposed exclusive toys r us MM vehicle line may not be so Movie Master friendly which i figured would be the case.

Unless Mattel has a Movie Master size/accurate Tumbler that they they can pull out of their collective sphincter then..........i'm guessing we will just be seeing a bunch of repackaged re-releases like this unfortunately.

thuhgostrydur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:16 AM   #454
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

It looks exactly like the Walmart exclusive one that was $20, only in different packaging.

Aron9692003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:34 AM   #455
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty

catwoman (goggles up) Bane and ra's all arrived in the mail this week
have to say, bane's figure is one of my favourites of the line, he looks great

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #456
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

yeah,the Bane figure is really well done,sculpting and paint-wise.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #457
ManInTheNarrows
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron9692003 View Post
It looks exactly like the Walmart exclusive one that was $20, only in different packaging.

Yup, exact same one dude. Pretty pathetic.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #458
Raindog421
Side-Kick

That is lame. I wondered why my walmart pulled the 5 off the shelf that had been there forever. They were even on clearance for 3 weeks at 9.99. I asked the person stocks the toys a couple days ago because they all just were gone overnight. It was a week or so ago when I noticed they were gone. She said they were asked to pull whatever was left of them. Can't have the same exclusive at two places I guess.

Raindog421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #459
Zeke Zanzibar
Newbie First Class

This is a really old question that I'm sure has been answered before, but I wasn't aware of this until recently while searching the Bay. Why were there two releases on the first few Dark Knight figures? I've seen Batman posed differently in the package and the Joker as well. Was this for any particular reason?

Zeke Zanzibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:40 PM   #460
DrexBat21
A hero can be anyone

Quote:
That sounds 100% correct.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #461
DrexBat21
A hero can be anyone

Off topic, but is anyone seeing these 6" DC Batman figures in their area? The line was supposed to be canceled.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:20 PM   #462
Sephiroth1089
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrexBat21 View Post
Off topic, but is anyone seeing these 6" DC Batman figures in their area? The line was supposed to be canceled.

Last time I checked my area, they only had Artemis and Aqualad.

Sephiroth1089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:33 AM   #463
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

I haven't seen any new of those. I was in target tonight and they did have some new batman stuff for kids, a batmobile and a cool three pack with superman batman and killer croc, packaged neat but quality is poor, looked almost like fisher price batman stuff haha.

I got my three pack in the mail yesterday. Amazing. Box is smaller than I thought it'd be from all the zoomed in pics on here haha. I've got to slow down on stuff for now, merely running out of room. Been on the lookout for Man Of Steel stuff, guess probably won't see figures till April or May. July 60s batman c'mon haha.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #464
thuhgostrydur
Newbie First Class

Quote:
I haven't seen any new of those. I was in target tonight and they did have some new batman stuff for kids, a batmobile and a cool three pack with superman batman and killer croc, packaged neat but quality is poor, looked almost like fisher price batman stuff haha.

I got my three pack in the mail yesterday. Amazing. Box is smaller than I thought it'd be from all the zoomed in pics on here haha. I've got to slow down on stuff for now, merely running out of room. Been on the lookout for Man Of Steel stuff, guess probably won't see figures till April or May. July 60s batman c'mon haha.

Good to hear you got your three pack. I like the way it looks in package. Knowing those movie poster cards are in those gold envelopes adds to the urge to open mine. Might get another to keep on card.

I can't say I'm a fan of the Man Of Steel suit, but I'm eager for the movie before final judgment. I won't collect the MM MOS stuff, but the online pix look cool.

Won't get the MM 60's Batman, but they look great with that Batmobile.

60's Catwoman (Newmar) and Batgirl would be awesome and a must get for me.

thuhgostrydur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #465
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuhgostrydur View Post

Good to hear you got your three pack. I like the way it looks in package. Knowing those movie poster cards are in those gold envelopes adds to the urge to open mine. Might get another to keep on card.

I can't say I'm a fan of the Man Of Steel suit, but I'm eager for the movie before final judgment. I won't collect the MM MOS stuff, but the online pix look cool.

Won't get the MM 60's Batman, but they look great with that Batmobile.

60's Catwoman (Newmar) and Batgirl would be awesome and a must get for me.
I wonder how many MOS MM there will be. Hate for the trilogy to get done and wish I would have got them so ill probably get the movie master figures but that's it MOS toy wise.

Yeah, the trilogy pack came mint. Also got the wave of 1:50 hot wheels in today with the bat, batpod, comic book and other batmobiles. If you need the set still, this is who I ordered mine from and they are in perfect shape. Now I have every version of the bat except the 1:64.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150999734699...84.m1497.l2649

And here's that new batman thing I seen at target last night, too cheesy of figures for me to get but love the packaging, wish more stuff came like it.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/prodp...066&totCount=0

Old 03-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #466
DrexBat21
A hero can be anyone

Quote:
Also got the wave of 1:50 hot wheels in today with the bat, batpod, comic book and other batmobiles. If you need the set still, this is who I ordered mine from and they are in perfect shape. Now I have every version of the bat except the 1:64.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150999734699...84.m1497.l2649

And here's that new batman thing I seen at target last night, too cheesy of figures for me to get but love the packaging, wish more stuff came like it.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/prodp...066&totCount=0
Yeah, don't like it...does remind me of Fisher Price...hahaha.

I do have an extra HW Batpod and Matchbox The Bat if anyone needs.

Last edited by DrexBat21; 03-01-2013 at 11:01 PM.
DrexBat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #467
Emgr55
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke Zanzibar View Post
This is a really old question that I'm sure has been answered before, but I wasn't aware of this until recently while searching the Bay. Why were there two releases on the first few Dark Knight figures? I've seen Batman posed differently in the package and the Joker as well. Was this for any particular reason?
The first editions were released by Mattel then canceled and rereleased by Mattycollector exclusives idk why either but thats what i read on Batworld.com..

Emgr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:59 AM   #468
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

the first releases of these in May 2008 were in super short supply,due to 2 factors:

1) short-ordering. most retailers,and even Mattel, thought the 5" line would be the popular one, so MM had a small,limited production run.

2) The Recall. by mid-May Toys R Us, for reasons still speculated on to this day, did an internal recall of the MM figures. once word got out about this, other retailers did a recall too,and these things simply were NOT on pegs anywhere.

now,they started hitting again in July with Series 2 and some stores getting in Series 1 again. the notable difference this time was that the bubbles now had "airholes" running down the sides of them. the initial release figures in May 2008 DID NOT have these holes. which lead to speculation the recall was cause of toxic paint fumes building up in the package,but no one knows for sure. the Joker in Series 2 ( he was rereleased due to popularity) and subsequent releases after this had a different,less detailed paint application around the shirt collar. Batman, however, initially was again in the same standing up pose when Series 1 came back out again. however by late summer/early fall the new pose version - the "kicking" version - started to trickle out. no explanation was ever really given as to why. it just showed up. it also had another difference,in that the original Series 1 Batman's had a dull,matte black costume look. theses new ones had gloss paint on them. same with the Unmasked Chase figures, initial Series 1 release flat black, new Series 1 kicking pose release gloss black.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #469
Zeke Zanzibar
Newbie First Class

Hmm. That's interesting indeed. Thanks for the responses guys. That does seem weird how they were pulled but put back out like that with those minor changes. It all does kinda sound like there was something up with the paint if they felt the need to vent it and change to the gloss. But like you say, I suppose that's all speculation since no one outside of Mattel probably knows for sure. It's funny, I always called that re-released Batman the "farting Batman". Looked more like that to me than kicking. Ha ha!

That's crazy that Mattel thought the 5" line would be the dominant one. For my money, the MM are way better.

Zeke Zanzibar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #470
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

yeah,Movie Masters were advertised basically as a limited run type of item from the start. just a little niche line for collector's. was NEVER suppossed to explode the way it did! which took Mattel and retailers by surprise. that's why most retailers didn't get more in until late fall. they had to make more.

I can't imagine WHY we didn't flock to such wonderful toys in the 5" line like Nacho Cheese Cape Batman!

Old 03-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #471
ManInTheNarrows
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1974 View Post
the first releases of these in May 2008 were in super short supply,due to 2 factors:

1) short-ordering. most retailers,and even Mattel, thought the 5" line would be the popular one, so MM had a small,limited production run.

2) The Recall. by mid-May Toys R Us, for reasons still speculated on to this day, did an internal recall of the MM figures. once word got out about this, other retailers did a recall too,and these things simply were NOT on pegs anywhere.

now,they started hitting again in July with Series 2 and some stores getting in Series 1 again. the notable difference this time was that the bubbles now had "airholes" running down the sides of them. the initial release figures in May 2008 DID NOT have these holes. which lead to speculation the recall was cause of toxic paint fumes building up in the package,but no one knows for sure. the Joker in Series 2 ( he was rereleased due to popularity) and subsequent releases after this had a different,less detailed paint application around the shirt collar. Batman, however, initially was again in the same standing up pose when Series 1 came back out again. however by late summer/early fall the new pose version - the "kicking" version - started to trickle out. no explanation was ever really given as to why. it just showed up. it also had another difference,in that the original Series 1 Batman's had a dull,matte black costume look. theses new ones had gloss paint on them. same with the Unmasked Chase figures, initial Series 1 release flat black, new Series 1 kicking pose release gloss black.

Mikey1974 literally took the words out of my mouth. This is exactly what happened if anyone else is wondering.

Nice work Mikey and nice to see you back on the boards. I'm sure this place will start popping again once the 66' MM's start hitting.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:18 PM   #472
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

believe it or not,I actually stop in here every day! I've just literally had nothing to contribute since the line is over.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #473
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue

Same here, while I yearn for a Talia and alternate Bane attire among others I know they'll never come. I can't bring myself to unsubscribe from this thread though.

Team Andino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:41 AM   #474
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

Is there a thread for ALL batman merchandise in general on here?
Going to take pics sometime this week and share what my collections looking like.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:00 AM   #475
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1974 View Post

I can't imagine WHY we didn't flock to such wonderful toys in the 5" line like Nacho Cheese Cape Batman!
heh i actually liked that one, just because its so random

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is offline   Reply With Quote