The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 12-17-2012, 03:13 AM   #151
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: The (potential) Masters of Evil thread

I would enjoy seeing Black Widow take down Iron Man. Seeing as how she served on Iron Man detail, I suspect she's equipped to restrain/disable him if need be. Make her even more awesome.

And while she may be the weakest on the team in terms of upper body strength, they'd still be in the streets fighting if it wasn't for her.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #152
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I would enjoy seeing Black Widow take down Iron Man. Seeing as how she served on Iron Man detail, I suspect she's equipped to restrain/disable him if need be. Make her even more awesome.

And while she may be the weakest on the team in terms of upper body strength, they'd still be in the streets fighting if it wasn't for her.
lol thats a great way to put it.

Although about Iron Man, that's what they said about Hawkeye and Hulk I think, but I don't quite believe it.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #153
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:

Actually, all she did was close a portal through which a bunch of dead Chitauri and debris might possibly have fallen through at that point. It was Iron Man (and the World Security Council, ironically) who took down the aliens. In fact, what Widow did was almost lose Iron Man forever in space thanks to Cap telling her to close it for no reason. The nuclear explosion of the Chitauri base/mother ship wasn't so great that it was endangering Earth yet, but somehow more than 5 seconds was too long for Cap to wait for Iron Man to get back through the portal before telling Widow to close it. Just sayin'.

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #154
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Actually, all she did was close a portal through which a bunch of dead Chitauri and debris might possibly have fallen through at that point. It was Iron Man (and the World Security Council, ironically) who took down the aliens. In fact, what Widow did was almost lose Iron Man forever in space thanks to Cap telling her to close it for no reason. The nuclear explosion of the Chitauri base/mother ship wasn't so great that it was endangering Earth yet, but somehow more than 5 seconds was too long for Cap to wait for Iron Man to get back through the portal before telling Widow to close it. Just sayin'.

that puts that discussion to rest. lol

Old 01-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #155
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

If the MoE were to make an appearance then I would really want to see Hugo return as Red Skull, despite his views on the part. Maybe he could be convinced with a better written part.

I'd also like to see Crossbones as his lieutenant.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #156
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

I'm kind of divided on bringing Red Skull back vs. introducing Baron Zemo. Probably the latter since Skull was okay, but not awesome, and for all we know, he's dead or gone for good.

I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #157
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
... I feel so... defenestrated.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #158
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
... I feel so... defenestrated.
Sorry, buddy. Just had to set the record straight on Widow's "contribution."

That decision by Cap always confuses me. I mean, it adds the suspense of "oh, will he or won't he make it?", but it's a false suspense built upon an out-of-character decision by Cap, written by Whedon. What's dumb is that it would have made sense if Whedon had just written in that the nuclear explosion was threatening to reach the portal and affect Earth. But he didn't. Instead, they wait for what seems like just a few seconds, and then Cap tells her to close it as if he had given up on Iron Man coming back. WTF? /end rant, I promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
I'm kind of divided on bringing Red Skull back vs. introducing Baron Zemo. Probably the latter since Skull was okay, but not awesome, and for all we know, he's dead or gone for good.
Just because Red Skull was poorly written in CA:TFA doesn't destine him to be the same weak character in a Cap or Avengers sequel. Loki's character was pretty different between Thor and Avengers. Same with Bruce Banner between TIH and Avengers.

That said, I'm for both the return of the Red Skull (the way CA:TFA set it up, it has great potential, story-wise) AND the introduction of Zemo. Maybe not both for a MoE storyline, but I'd love to see both active in modern-day MCU eventually!

Old 01-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #159
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:

That decision by Cap always confuses me. I mean, it adds the suspense of "oh, will he or won't he make it?", but it's a false suspense built upon an out-of-character decision by Cap, written by Whedon. What's dumb is that it would have made sense if Whedon had just written in that the nuclear explosion was threatening to reach the portal and affect Earth. But he didn't. Instead, they wait for what seems like just a few seconds, and then Cap tells her to close it as if he had given up on Iron Man coming back. WTF? /end rant, I promise!
It also would have made sense if the nuclear bomb hadn't stopped the soldiers, but cutting off the transmission did. They made it feel like the portal being open was a threat, even though there was no actual threat described or specified. It's funny, Whedon kept saying it's a very flawed film, but I'm always like 'yeah, I guess so' but I think that's part of what he's talking about.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #160
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

Nuclear explosions in space would be adequately blocked by Earth's atmosphere anyway. Our atmosphere shields us from worse cosmic radiation than a single nuclear bomb every second of every hour of every day.

Plus, the whole idea that Iron Man and/or the Chitauri would "fall" to Earth is jaw-droppingly inaccurate. It's *space* --- there's no gravity there at all. Everyone and everything, including IM, should have just floated around. I guess you could say the force of the explosion propelled them in a certain direction.....maybe....

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #161
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
It also would have made sense if the nuclear bomb hadn't stopped the soldiers, but cutting off the transmission did. They made it feel like the portal being open was a threat, even though there was no actual threat described or specified. It's funny, Whedon kept saying it's a very flawed film, but I'm always like 'yeah, I guess so' but I think that's part of what he's talking about.
Hehe, yeah, I mean, it doesn't bother me so much that I don't still love the movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Nuclear explosions in space would be adequately blocked by Earth's atmosphere anyway. Our atmosphere shields us from worse cosmic radiation than a single nuclear bomb every second of every hour of every day.

Plus, the whole idea that Iron Man and/or the Chitauri would "fall" to Earth is jaw-droppingly inaccurate. It's *space* --- there's no gravity there at all. Everyone and everything, including IM, should have just floated around. I guess you could say the force of the explosion propelled them in a certain direction.....maybe....
Well, I think the portal was actually within the earth's atmosphere, so it's possible that there could have been some danger in keeping the portal open. And yeah, I meant that a few of the pieces of the mothership/Chitauri would have been propelled towards and into the portal by the explosion, especially since there were still quite a few leviathans and Chitauri cruisers exactly between the mother ship and the portal at the time the nuke hit. And it's not jaw-droppingly inaccurate in the least to say that they would then "fall" to Earth after passing through the portal and into Earth's atmosphere. By no means was I implying that anything would have been sucked into the portal.

Anyway, no use in nitpicking over what we're all agreeing was a plot hole in the first place. It's just sad that one extra line giving a better reason to close it than "none" could've plugged it completely.

Last edited by spideymouse; 01-09-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #162
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Old 02-26-2013, 02:57 AM   #163
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I see the Masters of Evil, possibly only going by the name "the Masters", being somewhat like the Ultimates storyline where they fought a team of "heroes" from outside of America. I could see this team pulling itself together thinking they are their land's lines of defense against the American Avengers. The team could have their "heroes" of those nations and states. And backed by their soldiers like SHIELD backed the Avengers.
That could be a way to go.
Another way to go would be that their creation is somehow connected to the rise or return of Hydra, led by Baron Zemo and Baron Strucker. It could have Zemo leading them, Crossbones as his enforcer/assassin along with Sin the genetic daughter of Red Skull (using the Skull's DNA to create a daughter for him after he vanished) as another assassin. And then others on the team could have heavy ties to Hydra. With also Enchantress and Executioner (there to trouble Thor and his Earthly friends who keep him away from Enchantress). Make it all very terrorist related and not some big evil superheroes thing. More like a terrorist funded team to take down the terrorist's biggest obstacle. There could be lots of Hydra soldiers and lots of SHIELD soldiers as well.

Thats another way to go.
Make them heavily involved with the Terrorist stuff of Hydra. Makes Hydra more dangerous too. And if the Avengers continued like in my idea to rotate and stagger the cast, eventually they could bring in characters like Taskmaster, Grim Reaper, and Wonder Man.

How would you want them to fit into the Marvel movie world?

Last edited by Artistsean; 02-26-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:15 PM   #164
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

I'd love Crossbones and Swordsman working under Zemo.

Old 02-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #165
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I'd love Crossbones and Swordsman working under Zemo.
yeah. But if the masters of evil are in avengers 2, or avengers 3 for that matter, I just can't see them introducing characters in THAT movie. I feel that the characters would have had to already been in a movie.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #166
J'adore
Vous

Quote:

Don't say that...the fanboys will rip you apart for supporting the only woman on the team.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:20 AM   #167
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Baron Zemo gathers the strongest Avengers villains who are still in commission.
Crossbones (introduced as Zemo's main man in Cap2)
Enchantress (introduced in Thor3)
Executioner (introduced in Thor3)
Abomination (still captive from TIH)
Radioactive Man (introduced in IM3)

Zemo concocts a plan to enslave the human race and become their "Masters." Part of his plan includes using Ultron tech to help them achieve this goal. Crossbones kills Captain America toward the end of the film.

Ultron is unleashed and kills Zemo, taking over the Masters. Changes the plan to destroy the human race.

Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Ant-Man
Wasp
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Falcon

Have to assemble to defeat Ultron and save the world. The glowing red power source used to create Ultron catches the eye of Thanos.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:25 AM   #168
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

The only one who wouldn't fit is Ultron. He doesn't work well with others.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #169
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'adore View Post
Don't say that...the fanboys will rip you apart for supporting the only woman on the team.

To be fair, I only ripped him apart for claiming that she was the reason the battle stopped.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #170
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Baron Zemo gathers the strongest Avengers villains who are still in commission.
Crossbones (introduced as Zemo's main man in Cap2)
Enchantress (introduced in Thor3)
Executioner (introduced in Thor3)
Abomination (still captive from TIH)
Radioactive Man (introduced in IM3)

Zemo concocts a plan to enslave the human race and become their "Masters." Part of his plan includes using Ultron tech to help them achieve this goal. Crossbones kills Captain America toward the end of the film.

Ultron is unleashed and kills Zemo, taking over the Masters. Changes the plan to destroy the human race.

Iron Man
Hulk
Thor
Ant-Man
Wasp
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Falcon

Have to assemble to defeat Ultron and save the world. The glowing red power source used to create Ultron catches the eye of Thanos.
Captain America should NEVER be defeated IMO, the only way he should die is by sacrifice.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #171
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

At the most I can see Captain America retiring and handing the mantel of Captain America to Bucky/Winter Soldier.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:59 AM   #172
portland2002
Side-Kick

Quote:
The only one who wouldn't fit is Ultron. He doesn't work well with others.
Maybe Ultron could form his own Masters of Evil, similar to the comic books?

Old 03-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #173
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by portland2002
Maybe Ultron could form his own Masters of Evil, similar to the comic books?
I say use Zemo.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #174
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
I say use Zemo.
Zemo, Leader, Mandarin, Red Skull, or Enchantress would be cool with me.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #175
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Baron Zemo (leader)
Crossbones
Enchantess
Executioner
Abomination
Swordsman (someone for Hawkeye to tussle with)