The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 01:05 AM   #51
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Default Re: Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Didn't he say that Superman will have a full, "proper" theme?

Old 03-01-2013, 01:24 AM   #52
Frosty81
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
Expect minimalist themes ala The Dark Knight Trilogy. These days Zimmer doesn't seem to be very interested in creating full themes. Instead he likes to make motifs out of the least amount of notes he can.
I thought that TDK/R and Inception were full of layers.

And I don't quite get why Elfman is still put on such a high pedestal for Batman themes. His work is really only iconic in the perspective of it's release. I would say that the Zimmer theme is way more dramatic, powerful and iconic.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:31 AM   #53
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Yeah, I find it just as memorable. I recall the TDK theme and I think about Batman riding on the batpod.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:42 AM   #54
bizarroelaine
Side-Kick

https://twitter.com/njfuture/status/307043834439806976

Old 03-01-2013, 01:55 AM   #55
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Not much to go on from this guy's replies. Doesnt sound like he's seen it.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:33 AM   #56
Fedor
Side-Kick

Oh man, i can“t wait to hear the drums. Will we hear it for the first time during the transformation scene perhaps? What do you guys think?

Old 03-01-2013, 03:41 AM   #57
Fedor
Side-Kick

Man, is there anyplace, anywhere where i can hear some MOS soundtrack? Just a couple of seconds will do it for me. I am freaking out here...

Old 03-01-2013, 03:51 AM   #58
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Not much to go on from this guy's replies. Doesnt sound like he's seen it.

I agree that his statements lack detail and really provide us with no new substance, but if he's seen the movie, then he'd certainly be under very strict orders to not divulge any information; his public twitter account would be a very unintelligent way to leak information to fans. His unwillingness to reveal more information might simply reflect direct orders from WB.

He could certainly be lying, and while there's no proof that he did see it, there also isn't any evidence that he didn't. I think the most reasonable attitude in this situation is to remain neutral and cautious, and to suspend judgement about the authenticity of his claims. I'm just excited that MoS is getting such positive buzz! While I would certainly prefer these early reports to be 100-percent authentic, at least all this buzz -- whether accurate or not -- is increasing awareness among the general public.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:53 AM   #59
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor View Post
Man, is there anyplace, anywhere where i can hear some MOS soundtrack? Just a couple of seconds will do it for me. I am freaking out here...
If it exists, it will be here :P They haven't released anything yet.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:57 AM   #60
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusPonens View Post
I agree that his statements lack detail and really provide us with no new substance, but if he's seen the movie, then he'd certainly be under very strict orders to not divulge any information; his public twitter account would be a very unintelligent way to leak information to fans. His unwillingness to reveal more information might simply reflect direct orders from WB.

He could certainly be lying, and while there's no proof that he did see it, there also isn't any evidence that he didn't. I think the most reasonable attitude in this situation is to remain neutral and cautious, and to suspend judgement about the authenticity of his claims. I'm just excited that MoS is getting such positive buzz! While I would certainly prefer these early reports to be 100-percent authentic, at least all this buzz -- whether accurate or not -- is increasing awareness among the general public.
There are other ways to "prove" that you had seen it than to just give away spoilers, which he probably wouldnt be doing anyway. But yeah, again it's with the obvious. I mean, someone asks about the soundtrack, and he goes, "Hey, It's Hans Zimmer". Okaaay... What kinda answer is that? I dunno... he's just not very convincing, which I would be if I cared, and he seems like the type who cares.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:01 AM   #61
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor View Post
None of the official soundtrack has been released yet, unfortunately. You'd have to find a way to enter Hans Zimmer's mind to extract any information... Maybe (bad joke alert) Leonardo DiCaprio can help you with that.

Part of Hans Zimmer's score for the movie "Rush" has been released, however. You can find it here. Maybe it can temporarily satisfy your Zimmer craving.

I'm betting that we'll be hearing our first bit of the MoS score with the next trailer, rumored to be coming out in Mid-April. Although, maybe a bit of it will be revealed during Wonder-Con, and maybe a recording will leak onto the web.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:29 AM   #62
Fedor
Side-Kick

Thank“s guys. Love this forum!

Old 03-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #63
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Elfman's Batman is considered the classic but Zimmer is my favourite. Williams' Superman score is considered a classic (more so) and it's likely Zimmer will be my favourite. I just like his sound. Expect different aims. I always enjoy listening to Hans explain his concepts and reasonings.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar
The Intern - Judy Garland biopic
Old 03-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #64
bizarroelaine
Side-Kick

Nick Jones Jr. ‏@njfuture
When it comes to film composers, I grew up a Alan Silvestri fan. But now, I can't deny the pure brilliance of Hans Zimmer.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #65
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarroelaine View Post
nick jones jr. ‏@njfuture
when it comes to film composers, i grew up a alan silvestri fan. But now, i can't deny the pure brilliance of hans zimmer.
yes!

Last edited by ModusPonens; 03-02-2013 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:14 AM   #66
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Nick Jones on the score: "It felt like a cross between Batman and Gladiator."

https://twitter.com/njfuture/status/307780108041723905

Old 03-02-2013, 03:34 AM   #67
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Awesome I really do think this guy has seen it

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #68
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

Or how about a cross between Pirates of the Caribbean and The Thin Red Line?

See? I can come up with two different Zimmer scored films too.

I'm not saying the guy hasn't seen it. I'm just saying that nothing he's said really has him going out on a limb.

Old 03-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #69
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Who the heck is this guy anyways? How in the world did he get to see it (allegedly)?

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 03-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #70
Zorex
No T, No Shade

This guy's statements are hilarious. "It sounds like a Hans Zimmer score, you guys!" Oh, well, my gosh, he must have seen it, then.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:25 AM   #71
GreenKToo
In the fire

im not believing it until more reports from other folks roll in...

Old 03-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #72
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
This guy's statements are hilarious. "It sounds like a Hans Zimmer score, you guys!" Oh, well, my gosh, he must have seen it, then.
I certainly don't believe he's seen it; but I don't believe he hasn't seen it, either. He seems like a good guy, so I feel inclined to trust him, but I'll remain cautious because lying on the internet is just too easy these days. If he's telling the truth, then that's fantastic, because what he's been saying so far has been extremely positive. Even if the authenticity of his tweets are in question, then I still enjoy asking myself, "If he's telling the truth, how would I feel about what he's saying?"

At any rate, I'm excited that the movie's getting such positive early buzz. Whether or not the buzz itself is grounded in truth, at the very least it serves as extra word-of-mouth marketing -- something to substitute for the lack of marketing from WB we've experienced in recent weeks (nay, months!).

Old 03-02-2013, 10:06 PM   #73
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty81 View Post
And I don't quite get why Elfman is still put on such a high pedestal for Batman themes. His work is really only iconic in the perspective of it's release. I would say that the Zimmer theme is way more dramatic, powerful and iconic.
The reason why Elfman's Batman 89 score is held on such a high pedastal b/c it was "groundbreaking" and "timeless". And still is, imo. There's a reason why when people compare the current superhero scores it's alway's being compared to either Williams' Superman or/and Elfman's Batman 89 score. The score was a game changer. Both of Elfman's Batman scores have it's fair share of "dramatic, powerful, and iconic" music. Moreso than Zimmer's trilogy of batman scores combined, imo. The book "A Film Score's Guide: Danny Elfman's Batman" is a good example of why the score is placed on such a high pedastal, imo.

It "examines Elfman's scoring technique, provides a detailed analysis and commentary on the Batman 89 score." It also proves, imo, how crucial the score is in the movie. And how much impact it had in film music and in film in general. The same publisher of this book did a film score guide of Louis and Bebe Baron's "Forbidden Planet", Alex North's "A Streetcar Named Desire", Bernard Herrmann's "The Ghost & Mrs. Muir", Ennio Morricone's "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" and Erich Wolfgang Korngold "The Adventures of Robin Hood" to name a few. I think that's saying a lot about how highly regarded the Batman 89 score is to get a similar analysis and critique as those scores I mentioned above. I doubt there'll ever be a film score guide book(s) on TDK trilogy scores. I definitely recommend "A Film Score's Guide: Danny Elfman's Batman" to those that haven't read it and are interested in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusPonens View Post
Nick Jones on the score: "It felt like a cross between Batman and Gladiator."

https://twitter.com/njfuture/status/307780108041723905
If true? This is what I feared. I think Gladiator is one of his best scores (if not his best), but hearing this approach in a Superman movie? I don't know. And the last thing this score should sound like is a batman score. Let alone a Zimmer batman score.

Last edited by Elevator Man; 03-02-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #74
DoomsdayApex
Ęzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Yes, Elfman's score was iconic for its time but it's not the standard for modern superhero scores. The whole soundtrack is brimming of dark comedic tones. Being 'catchy' doesn't make the '89 soundtrack superior either. Ace of Base had hummable songs too, but does make the band superior over current electronic pop bands today? No. That's just nostalgia talking. Zimmer had his shortcomings as a composer but to claim the '89 soundtrack remains the top Batman score is a fallacy. Older fans might identify with Elfman's work but there's no depth to it. Say what you will about Zimmer's efforts but there's no comparison. For instance, in Begins there's one particular scene that cements Hans' score as inspiring and heroic -- Bruce discovering the Batcave and facing his fear. There's no track in Elfman's work that reflected that type of empowerment.

Old 03-02-2013, 11:48 PM   #75
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

elfmans score and zimmers arent even comparable.

Elfmans is more iconic of the two, no doubt.

R.I.P. Heath
Closed Thread